Type keyword(s) to search

Mad Men Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, just a heads up.  My boyfriend is flying from England to visit me for a week, so my time on here will be reduced some.  I will do my best to keep my ear to the ground as far as clues go, but I most likely won't be lurking as much as I usually do.

• Love 4

Added you as a friend today. I finally won a game as survivor.

I added you as well.  Not sure how that mechanic works though.

And survivor's a tough role to win as, I think.  I haven't been one yet.  What strategy did you use?

• Love 1

With many apologies for the delays....

Day Five:
Pete stared at the phone for a moment before picking it up. Hildy had told him that the caller was refusing to give his name or a reason for his call, which meant it could be only one person. “What do you want, Duck?”

“Oh, Pete, I’m disappointed... such hostility in your voice. I’ve always been quite fond of you and have always believed that neither Roger Sterling nor Don Draper ever fully appreciated your worth.”

“Yes, well, Roger is gone and I’m now a partner.”

“That’s good news, indeed, Pete. Congratulations.” He paused, allowing the young accounts man’s mind to wander down strange paths. “Of course, that might not help you in the long run.”

“What are you saying? For heaven’s sake, Duck, stop speaking in puzzles.”

“Very well, Pete. I’ve heard from Lee Garner, Jr. He’s been in touch with some powerful people and he will be talking to Bert today about having you reassigned to Zigzag, Oregon.”

The blood drained from his face and Pete could only whisper, “No.”

After hanging up, Duck looked across his desk to his compatriots. “Well, that’s done.”

Meanwhile, Pete rose and staggered to his door. Passing Creative, he was assaulted by the dense aroma of melted cheese, spicy meats and slightly burnt bread. He vaguely wondered if pizza were kosher, but ignored Stan and Ginz as they called for him to join them.

Peggy and Joan were talking outside Bert’s door and were shocked by Pete’s worn down appearance.

“Where the hell is Zigzag? I need to see Bert!” He shoved his way past the women, toed off his shoes and barely kept himself from collapsing on Bert’s couch.

“I know why you’re here, young man.” The senior partner stated in his soothing voice. “I don’t want you to worry about a thing. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve and will take care of this for you. You’re not leaving us.”

Contract renegotiated:
SVNBob - Freddy Rumsen – recruitable by either – Since being fired by Sterling and Cooper, and let’s be honest, it was a long time in coming, you’ve been at loose ends. You want to get back into the business and would prefer to work with Don, but.... Beggars can’t be choosers, so you’ll join the villains if CGC find you first. Until then, you may vote as you wish but you have no special powers.

TJtrack99 - Roger Sterling – Hero – Lately you’ve been coasting on your charm, which does go a long way, but you’re also a go-getter professionally and personally. Did anyone say “twins?”

Curious Parker - Bob Benson – Villain, investigator – You’re a mystery to everyone around you, making you a perfect choice to sneak around and gather information. With the ability to investigate one player each night you can share that information with your team. You should also know that Freddy Rumsen is looking for work. If you find him first, he’ll become a member of your team.

Machiabelly  - Mrs. Blankenship – Hero – You are an astronaut; the Queen of Perversions; the best secretary Don Draper ever had, and probably the only one he hasn’t slept with besides Peggy. You’ve certainly been around the block with your share of leadership though. Bert Cooper will never forget.

Lisin - Ken Cosgrove – Hero – Accounts man, published author, tap dancer, you are a man of many talents. You’re generally well-liked around the firm and do your job admirably.

Active accounts:
Athena
photo fox
Silverstormm
The Crazed Spruce
jessied112
TMunz
JayKay
BizBuzz
stacey
MarkHB
writingdreamer
Dougal

You have 48 hours for Day. There are two clues in the story.

• Love 1

Yay!  They missed!

Given "the sound of the doorbell," "The crowd below them was humming with excitement," and Spruce's adamant position from the prior round, I am all for a lynch of BizBuzz once we get done discussing this current story and the prior one.  (Personally, I'm wondering if "pizza" and "Zigzag" were supposed to point to BizBuzz, but I am more than open to other suggestions.)

• Love 1

Yay!  They missed!

Given "the sound of the doorbell," "The crowd below them was humming with excitement," and Spruce's adamant position from the prior round, I am all for a lynch of BizBuzz once we get done discussing this current story and the prior one.  (Personally, I'm wondering if "pizza" and "Zigzag" were supposed to point to BizBuzz, but I am more than open to other suggestions.)

I concur and if Biz isn't a villain after all that - I'll need my medication!

ETA If someone protected Pete (as opposed to 'him' having a power that protected him) - good job!

• Love 1

Bob. I stayed quiet. Used my vest well. and had a Werewolf that took out 3 people including a serial killer and a mafia in one night. Then, the mayor trusted me, so I lived to the end. In other words...good luck. LOL

If Biz is a villain then there's some major long-term strategy going on behind the scenes of evil, because she was the third person to vote for CuriousParker. So it would probably mean they've got at least one fairly diabolical vet on their squad to suggest such a thing. I'm still feeling unsettled by stacey for fighting so hard for CP, but that's not evidence. Still though, the double z stuff is crazy suspicious. If Biz is a hero, then hopefully we could use the lynch to target actual villains next time, since it would reveal a whole lot. Sorry, BizBuzz (even though you do seem pretty villainous).

• Love 1

I'm still feeling unsettled by stacey for fighting so hard for CP, but that's not evidence. 

Agree with this and behaviour is evidence as much as any clue imo.

ETA With the clues so far and TCS adamant that Biz is a villain, I think it worth a shot because if she isn't one TCS must know he would be next. With that in mind:

1 to David Lynch BizBuzz (SilverStormm) 6 to get all up in her Biz-ness

• Love 1

If the heroes and villains subtly came to terms about offing silent players first one of these days, it would make for a hell of a game. But then they'd probably all be heroes, natch.

• Love 3

Maybe I won't talk in future games, that seems to work for some players.

*slow clap for *

If the heroes and villains subtly came to terms about offing silent players first one of these days, it would make for a hell of a game. But then they'd probably all be heroes, natch.

*and @JayKay*

• Love 2

Wow ... why you all gotta be haters ... I wasn't the only one that made a mistake about @Lisin ... why isn't someone going after her?

Geesh, TCS speaks and everybody listens, no wonder he gets DL'd first in most of the games.  ::giggle::

1 to DL SilverStormm, (BizBuzz) 6 just to make things interesting

There are two z instances in the latest story, and it seems odd that they would both point to the same person. TMunz also has a "z" name. And on Night 3, "Muncie" was mentioned three times. Sounds very similar to "Mun Zee," I would say. And he swooped in and voted for Lisin. Just thinking out loud.

• Love 2

That TMunz idea is actually really, really interesting.  Not so interesting that I want to switch the lynch, though, just because I'm either reading signs correctly or inordinately credulous.  But for next Day, worth considering.

4 to DL BizBuzz, (SilverStormm, Stacey, Spruce, MarkHB) 3 to overturn the hive

Updating my voting recap from the previous page:

We can't 100% trust this, but this is the list of the surviving players who didn't make it into the CuriousParker lynch.  Names in italics voted to lynch SVNBob; names in bold didn't vote for either of the first two lynches (CP or Bob); underlined names voted to lynch Lisin.

Athena
photo fox
jessied112
TMunz
writingdreamer
Dougal

BizBuzz and Silverstormm voted to lynch both CuriousParker and Lisin.  Having said this, I'm still very high on the typewriter clue for writingdreamer even though it happened on the show.

• Love 2

BizBuzz and Silverstormm voted to lynch both CuriousParker and Lisin.  Having said this, I'm still very high on the typewriter clue for writingdreamer even though it happened on the show.

I made a point of saying I didn't know for sure whether Lisin was a villain and as I said in the same post; if TCS had replied to me saying he knew BizBuzz was one before I'd gone to bed that night, I would have changed my vote (sorry Lis).

• Love 2

6 to DL BizBuzz, (SilverStormm, Stacey, Spruce, MarkHB, JayKay, Athena) 1 to go down with this ship

• Love 1

6 to DL BizBuzz, (SilverStormm, Stacey, Spruce, MarkHB, JayKay, Athena) 1 to go down with this ship

Are you shipping?  There... there's no shipping!  There's no shipping in Mafia!!!!!

:D

• Love 2

Are you shipping?  There... there's no shipping!  There's no shipping in Mafia!!!!!

:D

Ha!

1. You can't say no shipping. There is always shipping. Shipping happens naturally like electrons moving.

2. I really meant ship as in Titanic/Iceberg ship... I'm not a shipper for Titanic/Iceberg. Worse crack ship evah.

• Love 2

I'm not a villain by any means. 

7 to DL BizBuzz, (SilverStormm, Stacey, Spruce, MarkHB, JayKay, Athena, TMunz) 0 to install the lynch pin

• Love 1

Okay, it's Night since some of y'all have started drinking already. ;) I'm working on the story and will have it posted today.

I am concerned about a few players that haven't been seen in the game discussions.

• Love 3

Night Five:
Sitting at his desk, Ted Chaough was reading the sports pages, curious about the final report on the Richmond/Davidson game. The NCAA was gearing up for March Madness and despite having been at the Gardens the previous night, he hadn’t been able to give the game the attention he’d wanted.

He was also becoming annoyed with the lack of cohesion in the approach CGC was being led into when it came to their disagreements with the team at SCDP. Sure, they’d been able to get rid of Roger, which he was thankful for on a personal level, and Ken, which... nobody had really had a problem with him.

The problem was that Don was still working in Manhattan, and he’d been the entire focus of Lee’s efforts.

If he was honest with himself, Ted actually respected Don’s work. He didn’t agree with The Letter, but also felt that Garner was blowing it out of all proportion. It wasn’t like people were going to stop smoking any time soon.

He really just wanted to get back to work and had come to a decision about how best to do that.

It took a couple hours, but his secretary was able to set up lunch with Lee Garner, Jr. After a quick conference with Jim Cutler, Ted was ready to meet Lee and tell him to go back home. Their tenuous partnership was over.

P.J. Clarke’s:
Pete, Peggy and Harry were seated at a corner table, raising a quiet toast to Ken, still not quite believing he’d been permanently sent to Detroit. “I’ve been there... it’s horrible,” sighed Pete. “He’ll hate it.”

“Well, maybe he’ll be able to follow his heart and work on his novel,” Peggy suggested. “Did you read any of his short stories? He’s very good.”

Pete scoffed, “Dream on.”

Harry quietly finished his drink.

Sardi’s:
“If you’re going to give someone the boot, at least do it in a nice place.”

That was Jim Cutler’s philosophy. It helped that he also liked their bar, was why he and Ted were meeting Lee there. He wasn’t entirely without consideration though. He was willing to wait until after they’d all finished a fine dinner.

“That was a mighty fine steak,” Garner drawled, pushing his plate back.

Knowing what was coming, Ted hoped that his partner would be able to leave the restaurant under his own power. He wasn’t surprised when Cutler abruptly announced, “Garner, we’re done here. Your plan was a non-starter. Go home.”

Contract renegotiated:
SVNBob - Freddy Rumsen – recruitable by either – Since being fired by Sterling and Cooper, and let’s be honest, it was a long time in coming, you’ve been at loose ends. You want to get back into the business and would prefer to work with Don, but.... Beggars can’t be choosers, so you’ll join the villains if CGC find you first. Until then, you may vote as you wish but you have no special powers.
TJtrack99 - Roger Sterling – Hero – Lately you’ve been coasting on your charm, which does go a long way, but you’re also a go-getter professionally and personally. Did anyone say “twins?”
Curious Parker - Bob Benson – Villain, investigator – You’re a mystery to everyone around you, making you a perfect choice to sneak around and gather information. With the ability to investigate one player each night you can share that information with your team. You should also know that Freddy Rumsen is looking for work. If you find him first, he’ll become a member of your team.
Machiabelly  - Mrs. Blankenship – Hero – You are an astronaut; the Queen of Perversions; the best secretary Don Draper ever had, and probably the only one he hasn’t slept with besides Peggy. You’ve certainly been around the block with your share of leadership though. Bert Cooper will never forget.
Lisin - Ken Cosgrove – Hero – Accounts man, published author, tap dancer, you are a man of many talents. You’re generally well-liked around the firm and do your job admirably.
BizBuzz - Lee Garner, Jr. – Villain – Now head of Lucky Strike, you are not pleased with Don’s open letter to the media, denouncing tobacco advertising. We may not have seen you on the show for a while, but we know you’re there... waiting.

Active accounts:
Athena
photo fox
Silverstormm
The Crazed Spruce
jessied112
TMunz
JayKay
stacey
MarkHB
writingdreamer
Dougal

It is Night! You have 24 hours to get any and all Night Actions to me.

Oh, there are two clues.

• Love 1