Type keyword(s) to search

Game of Thrones Mafia

• Start Topic

What an intense and fun game. I did love sitting and watching most of the time. Amazing game, and also happy birthday egavasc!! 

1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. SilverStormm
5. Drogo
6. caprice
7. egavasc
8. Lisin

9. jessied112 (name change gonna be happening most likely for this game)

• Love 5
  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never watched one of the Whedonverse shows (Kristy Swanson is the One True Slayer!  ... No, wait, I never saw the movie either. :-( )

• BizBuzz
  • Machiabelly
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • SilverStormm
  • Drogo
  • caprice
  • egavasc
  • Lisin
  • jessied1123
  • MarkHB
  • Love 4

Happy Birthday egavasc! Also, thanks Hound aka {Machiabelly}!

I knew stacey was shady this game!

• BizBuzz
  • Machiabelly
  • The Crazed Spruce
  • SilverStormm
  • Drogo
  • caprice
  • egavasc
  • Lisin
  • jessied1123
  • MarkHB
  • Athena
  • Love 4

A Whedonverse game? I'm as excited as all get out. (Get out GETOUT!!!)

1. BizBuzz

2. Machiabelly

3. The Crazed Spruce

4. SilverStormm

5. Drogo

6. caprice

7. egavasc

8. Lisin

9. jessied1123

10. MarkHB

11. Athena

12. JayKay

• Love 4

I look forward to the day when I will have played enough mafia that everyone thinks I'm shady.

I look forward to the day when I will have played enough mafia that everyone doesn't think I'm shady.  They already think I'm shady as is.  Just because that one time I played as Lucifer and won...

But that should have been a clue for you guys.  Not once this game did JayKay accuse me of being evil.  Should have been a hint we were on the same side.

I've already said I was in on the next, so:

1. BizBuzz
  2. Machiabelly
  3. The Crazed Spruce
  4. SilverStormm
  5. Drogo
  6. caprice
  7. egavasc
  8. Lisin
  9. jessied112
  10. MarkHB
  11. Athena
  12. JayKay 
  13. SVNBob
  • Love 7

Browncoats, vampires and dolls oh my!!

1. BizBuzz
  2. Machiabelly
  3. The Crazed Spruce
  4. SilverStormm
  5. Drogo
  6. caprice
  7. egavasc
  8. Lisin
  9. jessied112
  10. MarkHB
  11. Athena
  12. JayKay
  13. SVNBob
  14. TMunz
  • Love 2

Funny story, BizBuzz, and my Baratheon buds can confirm - we had you ID'd (from your posts, not even investigation) and we were going to recruit you that Night but unfortunately you started targeting caprice/Stannis and that's why you needed to get a golden crown.  Made me sadface, because with Varys and Littlefinger on one side we could have been unstoppable.  ;) 

HA!  I knew, and I said I knew, that once I fingered caprice, I was a dead man (woman) ... and I was right.  Kinda hard to tell what is the best move in Mafia ... you can stay quiet, but then again, what fun is that?

It would have been fun had I been recruited (by either side), and I kept saying I was available, but dang if no one investigated me!  Good to know I was next on your list.  ::giggle::

For the record, the only Whedonverse show I know is Firefly.  Oi vea.  I need a Whedon History Lesson STAT.

• Love 3

In for the next game. Thanks for a great game and Happy Birthday.

1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. SilverStormm
5. Drogo
6. caprice
7. egavasc
8. Lisin
9. jessied112
10. MarkHB
11. Athena
12. JayKay
13. SVNBob
14. TMunz
15. Oinky Boinky

On the road and on my phone again.

• Love 3

Happy birthday, evagasc!

1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. SilverStormm
5. Drogo
6. caprice
7. egavasc
8. Lisin
9. jessied112
10. MarkHB
11. Athena
12. JayKay
13. SVNBob
14. TMunz
15. Oinky Boinky
16. photo fox

• Love 4

I hope you had a fantastic birthday, evagasc!

1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. SilverStormm
5. Drogo
6. caprice
7. egavasc
8. Lisin
9. jessied112
10. MarkHB
11. Athena
12. JayKay
13. SVNBob
14. TMunz
15. Oinky Boinky
16. photo fox

17. CuriousParker

I look forward to the day when I will have played enough mafia that everyone doesn't think I'm shady.  They already think I'm shady as is.  Just because that one time I played as Lucifer and won...

That was a memorable game for me. You had help from me at the end there, buddy. But you are too good of a player to trust completely.

I have highlighted my reasoning.

:D

Sorry, doll. Everytime I've found you shady, you actually have been a villain (that one time we were villains notwithstanding).

• Love 4

I was dead most of that game, but I kept telling friends "oh shit someone else just got eaten by a dragon!" More exciting than the actual show. :)

1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. SilverStormm
5. Drogo
6. caprice
7. egavasc
8. Lisin
9. jessied112
10. MarkHB
11. Athena
12. JayKay
13. SVNBob
14. TMunz
15. Oinky Boinky
16. photo fox
17. CuriousParker
18. Dougal

I don't know from Dollhouse, but otherwise I'm pretty pumped for this game too. :)

• Love 4

I was dead most of that game, but I kept telling friends "oh shit someone else just got eaten by a dragon!" More exciting than the actual show. :)

1. BizBuzz

2. Machiabelly

3. The Crazed Spruce

4. SilverStormm

5. Drogo

6. caprice

7. egavasc

8. Lisin

9. jessied112

10. MarkHB

11. Athena

12. JayKay

13. SVNBob

14. TMunz

15. Oinky Boinky

16. photo fox

17. CuriousParker

18. Dougal

I don't know from Dollhouse, but otherwise I'm pretty pumped for this game too. :)

I just watched the GoT premiere and an hour later no one had been eaten by a dragon. Mafia GoT > HBO GoT

• Love 10

So nice!

1. BizBuzz
2. Machiabelly
3. The Crazed Spruce
4. SilverStormm
5. Drogo
6. caprice
7. egavasc
8. Lisin
9. jessied112
10. MarkHB
11. Athena
12. JayKay
13. SVNBob
14. TMunz
15. Oinky Boinky
16. photo fox
17. CuriousParker
18. Dougal

19. Jesse

• Love 4

I have been a very, very rude mafia player!  I'm sorry.  I have to remember to actually post in the thread so you guys to know what's in my head.  Please forgive me!

With that said, Thank you egavasc & SilverStormm for a wonderful game.  You guys ROCK!

Hi, all. Is it weird for a mostly-lurker to sign up to play? I've been reading along! And Whedonverse is in my wheelhouse for sure.

It's not weird at all. I think it's how most of us started in the first place. I know it's my case for sure.

I have been a very, very rude mafia player!  I'm sorry.  I have to remember to actually post in the thread so you guys to know what's in my head.  Please forgive me!

With that said, Thank you egavasc & SilverStormm for a wonderful game.  You guys ROCK!

Agreed. That was one of the more challenging games I've seen or participated in. And I think it was due to the opposing Villain teams. I know that I was having to think like a Hero and a Villain at the same time in this game. Normally as a Villain, you get to snicker a little when the Heroes are on the wrong trail, meaning not looking at any of your team. But we couldn't this time, because the Heroes might have been (and actually were) on the right track for the other side. Lots of complexity.

Very good game indeed.

• Love 7

Yeah, it's fun to shake up the traditional format every so often. I remember a round I modded on the old TWoP boards that had the cast of Heroes during a zombie outbreak. I had two small groups of heroes (one who was immune to the zombie virus and another group of "recruitables", who could either be turned or immunized) a serial zombie hunter, and everyone else was a member of the horde. I also had one recruitable who would kill and zombify every other recruitable if she was killed. So guess what happened the second day? :) :D >:D

• Love 4

Thanks for the kind words and the birthday wishes! I'm just glad it worked out! And it almost didn't given that y'all nearly killed off team Baratheon in the first night/second day! I did giggle a bunch at y'all trying to find my clues though! There are so few useful words that start with z!

• Love 5

I did giggle a bunch at y'all trying to find my clues though! There are so few useful words that start with z!

& it's not like someone wouldn't have jumped all over "zany zebra," even if we never figured out the acrostics. ;)

• Love 5

And...

WAHH BAMMMMMMMM!

NAME CHANGE!

Granted, I don't consider myself a lady, but Lady Calypso sounds cooler to me than just Calypso. The name was calling to me, so here we go. Finally, a name change after all these years! I was getting sick of jessied112. And, much more fun for Mafia with my new name!

Also, it was between this and Hail Hydra so....

• Love 11

That will save confusion with our new friend Jesse, at least!

Updated signup list:

1. BizBuzz
  2. Machiabelly
  3. The Crazed Spruce
  4. SilverStormm
  5. Drogo
  6. caprice
  7. egavasc
  8. Lisin
  9. Lady Calypso
  10. MarkHB
  11. Athena
  12. JayKay
  13. SVNBob
  14. TMunz
  15. Oinky Boinky
  16. photo fox
  17. CuriousParker
  18. Dougal
  19. Jesse

Now we just need a video of LC singing the Banana Boat Song.... ;)

• Love 6

Because you know John Denver, and you know that song, you have now officially redeemed yourself for being so ruthless in killing me. 

::giggle::

Hey, I'd have preferred to recruit you, but the way you were going after me? It would have looked bad for all of us to have you suddenly changing your mind about me.

• Love 4

I'm so old I didn't even have to click on that to get it.

So tell me, zero clues against me, no investigations on me but killed in record time anyway? Is that good or bad? Some of the assumptions that got carried from day one to the very end of the game were amusing.  One was that photofox never thought it could have been us that tried to kill her night one and extrapolated from that. The other was that I was out to get Jessied112 (ladycalypso) it was a stalling vote both days - I knew she was a hero early on but didn't get a chance to change my vote. 

• Love 4

I'm so old I didn't even have to click on that to get it.

So tell me, zero clues against me, no investigations on me but killed in record time anyway? Is that good or bad? Some of the assumptions that got carried from day one to the very end of the game were amusing.  One was that photofox never thought it could have been us that tried to kill her night one and extrapolated from that. The other was that I was out to get Jessied112 (ladycalypso) it was a stalling vote both days - I knew she was a hero early on but didn't get a chance to change my vote. 

I didn't have to click on it, either. ;)

You being killed on Night Two was me getting lucky. When HM was lynched, his investigations came to me and I wanted to find out about Mark. I decided to leave him alone and take the chance that you were anybody from one of the villain teams. I'd already figured out that photo fox had been attacked by the Lannisters since Lisin was taken by a dragon. The fact that you'd been leading the charge on jessie helped.

Finally reading the story and seeing that I'd managed not only to survive, but also to have taken out Tywin Lannister? I was doing a happy dance.

• Love 4

Hey guys!  Sorry I missed the last Day/Night, ended up getting turned away at the gate to London and had to hang out in the airport security area before finally flying home today.  Going to work through what I need to do, but I'll be around this week and of course I want to join the next Mafia round!  Anyway, I did like playing Sansa, I did my best to act like her even though I've only seen clips of the show, and actually, I had the idea that maybe Jon Snow would be looking for me and Arya, based on what was said in the story the night he was turned into a Whitewalker.

• Love 4

Hey guys!  Sorry I missed the last Day/Night, ended up getting turned away at the gate to London and had to hang out in the airport security area before finally flying home today.  Going to work through what I need to do, but I'll be around this week....

What the heck? E-mail me later and we can talk.

• Love 3

I always remember the time in the video store when my 8yo daughter picked up a movie called 'BeetleJism' and I wouldn't buy it for her but couldn't explain why either.

How do I turn this comment into my screensaver?

• Love 1