Type keyword(s) to search

Game of Thrones Mafia

• Start Topic

Checking in on my dinner break after a 12 hour shift to find my own neck beneath Ice.

Thank you Spruce for being so reasonable. 

who's been very quiet, but immediately jumped in when those clues were mentioned to point them in the direction of government

I have talked more during this game than I ever have (mainly because I know the characters and everything makes sense). I might be wrong about them pointing to machiabelly, but because I am not a villain, they do not refer to me. 

There is only one clue in the story. Terminal and zoning are two and they appeared in different parts of the story. Making them related is taking a lot of liberties. Why would I side with BizBuzz going after caprice? The DL against her was almost in a stalemate. If I was a villain, it would have made more sense to side with everyone else and off another one.

• Love 2
  • Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You were prepared to take those liberties when the same two words were pointing at Machiabelly. ;)

The other two votes (besides yours) with BizBuzz were TJ and Jay (both Lannisters) so that argument doesn't change my stance.

Also... Littlefinger is a villain, possibly more dangerous than Stannis given his resources. Following his death, the Lannisters were immediately decimated. You voted for one villain over another, so its not as if you voted against DL'ing Jon Snow (as I did.)

My vote stays unless something truly compelling comes around.

I will buy you a drink toNight, either way. A Salty Dog, perhaps?

• Love 2

Why would I side with BizBuzz going after caprice? The DL against her was almost in a stalemate. If I was a villain, it would have made more sense to side with everyone else and off another one.

Yes, but (a) there are two different groups of villains, and you could easily have been one of the others, and (b) we're not accusing you of being a villain, we're accusing you of being the serial killer. Completely different agenda and playing mechanics. All voting with the crowd does is give you one less target at night.

4 to DL TMunz (Drogo, Machiabelly, writingdreamer, Spruce) 1 to slay the mother of dragons

• Love 3
(edited)

I gotta say, TMunz, looking back at your voting history, it doesn't look great.

• Voted No-DL, which if you're a SK, why wouldn't you?
  • Went with the overwhelming majority to DL Hanged Man.
  • Voted to DL Athena, who appears to be a hero.
  • Voted to DL BizBuzz instead of caprice, but again, why wouldn't you enjoy seeing us fight among ourselves?

So like Spruce says, SKs have totally different agendas and playing mechanics, so while your history looks spotty, that's what I would expect from a SK. Other than this most recent post against Machiabelly, which could very well be an attempt to point the clue about you toward someone else, you appear to be just voting with the flow.

I have talked more during this game than I ever have (mainly because I know the characters and everything makes sense).

True, you're usually a quiet player, but to my mind talking more looks worse, not better. Inconsistency with your usual methods makes me think that maybe it's because you're playing an a-typical role?  That said...

5 to DL TMunz (Drogo, Machiabelly, writingdreamer, Spruce, photo fox) 0 to quiet the night sky

Edited by photo fox
to remove an errant apostrophe, because!
  • Love 3

Oh, my sweet summer children...

Voted to DL BizBuzz instead of caprice, but again, why wouldn't you enjoy seeing us fight among ourselves?

I voted WITH Biz not against her. 

Edited by TMunz
  • Love 3

Barkeep, I'll take a Guinness, and send a bottle of your sparkliest rose down to TMunz with my best wishes for a safe voyage.

You can kill me next time, my friend. At least, you can try. :)

• Love 2

Give me something on fiyah! Thanks, Drogo!

(This is making me realize how long it's been since I had to blow something out to drink it. I'm becoming such an old lady. *sigh*)

By-the-by, FUTURE GAME ANNOUNCEMENT!

The lovely BizBuzz has agreed to squire me through the trials and travails of modding my first game, so I have added Sherlock to the pinned announcement post.  And, in her honor... ::giggle::

• Love 3

The lovely BizBuzz has agreed to squire me through the trials and travails of modding my first game, so I have added Sherlock to the pinned announcement post.  And, in her honor... ::giggle::

I am thrilled!!!  After modding a game with SS, I will be considered a vet.

HAHAHA

If the truth be known, Benedict Cumberbatch has it all over anyone from GoT ... I know it's coming ... kill me now.  ::giggle::

• Love 3

I am thrilled!!!  After modding a game with SS, I will be considered a vet.

HAHAHA

If the truth be known, Benedict Cumberbatch has it all over anyone from GoT ... I know it's coming ... kill me now.  ::giggle::

**GASP!! Blasphemy! Sends the Faceless Men!**

• Love 2

Barkeep, I'll take a Guinness, and send a bottle of your sparkliest rose down to TMunz with my best wishes for a safe voyage.

You can kill me next time, my friend. At least, you can try. :)

I'll take the drink, even though you started this ;p

Edited by TMunz
  • Love 2

Daario Naharis... after I promised her the big iron chair and killed my best bloodrider...

Broads, man. Can't live with em, can't pour molten gold on their heads.

• Love 4

I will buy you a drink toNight, either way. A Salty Dog, perhaps?

Oh! How very generous of you, but I'll take a nice sparkling rosé. :)

Am I the only person who had flashbacks to The Larry Sanders Show?

(Reason I missed the vote: I was looking for video of that quote and never found it.  For those of you who never saw the show, or the speaker, I am thoughtfully providing a Best of Artie video.  WARNING: audio is, to an astonishing degree, NSFW.)

• Love 2

Night 5
In the Gardens of the Red Keep
In their usual meeting place, the Spider and the Queen of Thorns held their own council meeting. Given the recent deaths of many important figures, they were considering what would be next for Westeros.
“My Lady is keeping safe, yes? I imagine we’ll have lords aplenty upon the city soon enough. No kingdom is without a king for long.” Varys said.
“Perhaps the Iron Throne will be taken without violence. But no, no this is Westeros. The Iron Throne may only be taken by blood or by force. And with no blood left, force is all that remains.” Lady Olenna replied. She no longer felt that Varys could be trusted. Not that there was ever much trust between the two friends. But the cunning Queen of Thorns wished to keep her secrets to herself. There were still cards in her deck that could be played.
“There may still be blood. Robert was not known for keeping to himself and the Seven know that he strayed from Cersei’s bed.”

In the late Littlefinger’s brothel
Prince Oberyn of Dorne and Ser Bronn the sellsword were sharpening their blades together. With none of his previous clients remaining amongst the living, a doubt about whether he would ever be paid, and his knighthood in question, Bronn traded allegiances once again to one of the living. He would fight alongside Oberyn in what was sure to be an ensuing struggle for the throne.
“Perhaps you might show me some of those poisons. Wouldn’t hurt to have a blade that could kill a little easier.” Bronn jested. His skills were well known by now.
“Can I trust you not to accidentally dose yourself? These poisons are very dangerous. One wrong move and you are no better off than your foe.” Oberyn replied in kind.
“I’m sure they can easily take out a man. But do you have anything for this dragon in our midst?”

In the hands of The Silent Sisters
Lisin - Davos (House words: Unknown), Villain Baratheon, Protector:
You are Lord Davos Seaworth, aka the Onion Knight, and loyal supporter of the one true King Stannis Baratheon. A former smuggler, always prepared to tell it like it is, you have become one of the king’s most trusted advisors, the Hand of the King, although you differ on religious grounds. His Grace raised your status and family from nothing to knighthood. As such, you would die to protect him and his claim to the throne. Should he be targeted for attack, you will take his place. As an advisor to the King, you will help him choose whom to target on his path to the Iron Throne.

Hanged Man - Melisandre, Villain Baratheon
You are the Lady Melisandre, Priestess of the Lord of Light and advisor to the true King Stannis Baratheon. You have converted His Grace to the faith of the one true God the Lord of Light. As Priestess of the Lord of Light, you have magics that are otherwise unknown in Westeros and you work to support Stannis as a means of spreading your faith. Your ability to see what others cannot grants you the knowledge of one person per night. Should you discover the Spider or Littlefinger, you can bring them to your side. You also may help King Stannis choose whom to target on his quest to reign over all of Westeros. You cannot win without Stannis. Protect him at all costs. If Stannis should fall you cannot win the throne, your mission will then be to prevent the villains from winning it. Upon your death, the Lord of Light will transfer your powers to another member of your team.

Oinky Boinky - Tywin - (House words: Hear Me Roar) Villain Investigator Lannister
You are Tywin Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, Shield of Lannisport, Warden of the West, and Hand of the King. The patriarch of House Lannister, it is your ruthless pragmatism that has elevated your house to the most powerful in the kingdom with your grandson on the throne. Despite disgusting rumors of Joffrey’s illegitimacy, you are determined to leave a legacy, by keeping a 'Lannister' king on The Iron Throne, at any cost. On odd numbered nights, you and the other members of your house may target an enemy. Victory can be achieved only when you outnumber the lesser nobles and have vanquished the pretenders to the Iron Throne. You also may seek out the role of one person per night, looking for either Littlefinger or Varys the Spider; both of whom have access to valuable information. Beware! Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen is also making a claim on the Iron Throne.

Dougal - Tyrion (House words: Hear Me Roar) Hero, Investigator
You are Tyrion Lannister, former Hand of the King and Master of Coin. Often referred to as ‘The Imp’, a name you are not fond of, your dwarfism has profoundly affected your life. Hated by most of your family for causing the death of your mother, you’ve developed a thick skin and use your scathing wit to deflect cruelty. Your intellect and political savvy have helped keep the Lannisters in power, but you can no longer endure the disrespect and constant betrayals of your family. Now you endeavor for the Heroes, seeking out villains to ensure the safety and well being of the common man rather than the sadistic King Joffrey. You may investigate one person per night. Should you discover either Lord Varys the Spider or Peytr Baelish aka Littlefinger, you will recruit them to your side and access their valuable information.

jessied112 - Jon Snow (House words: Winter Is Coming) Hero
You are Jon Snow, bastard son of Lord Eddard (Ned) Stark and member of the Night’s Watch. Raised by your father alongside your true-born half-siblings at Winterfell, on an equal footing with Eddard's legitimate children and trained in combat skills alongside your half brothers. A natural leader, you display bravery, resourcefulness and quick thinking and noted to be a skilled horse rider, a gifted swordsman, being trained with swords "since you could walk". You are constantly accompanied by your albino direwolf, Ghost. You chose to go north to ‘The Wall’ (a 700ft tall structure made of solid ice) to protect Westeros, as your bastard status ensures you could never become the Lord of Winterfell. You and your fellow brothers (aka ‘Crows’ because you all dress in black) of the Watch take a sacred and lifelong vow to defend the realm from the Wildings and ‘WhiteWalkers’ (long believed creatures of myth), forsaking earthly pleasures for this higher cause.

CuriousParker - Brienne of Tarth (House words: Unknown) Hero Investigator
You are Lady Brienne of Tarth, aka, somewhat unkindly, Brienne The Beauty. Only living child and heir of Lord Selwyn Tarth (The Evenstar) of Evenfall Hall on the Isle of Tarth, located in The Stormlands and lady knight extraordinaire. Headstrong and judgmental, you are also honest, straightforward, loyal to a fault and determined. Although you have received extremely poor treatment from most knights, you cling to a naïvely idealized concept of knighthood. Despite – or perhaps because of – the fact that you have no expectation of ever being recognized by society for your accomplishments and strength of character, you nevertheless strive to live up to the ideal of a true knight at all times. You are a fierce and exceptionally honorable warrior, a former member of King Renly Baratheon’s Kingsguard; ‘The Rainbow Guard’, until his untimely death. There are few in Westeros who could best you in combat, not even a bear! You are currently in search of Jaime Lannister, who Lady Catelyn Stark left in your charge. Each night you may ask of one person “Is this Jaime Lannister?”, in an attempt to discover Jaime and thereby redeem him by bringing him to the side of the Heroes.

BizBuzz - Petyr Baelish (House words: Unknown) Recruitable
You are Lord Petyr Baelish aka Littlefinger, Lord Paramount of the Trident, Lord of Harrenhal, Lord Protector of the Vale and former Master of Coin. Despite your birth as a lower noble, you have manipulated your way into becoming one of the most powerful men in Westeros. You have means of acquiring information about people, though not as notoriously as the Varys the Spider’s “little birds” and can use this skill to see the night actions of one person per night. While some fear your ambition, all are willing to utilize your information. If discovered, you may share your knowledge with your new allies. Whether you share the truth is up to you.

SVNBob - Jaime – (House words: Hear Me Roar) Villain Lannister, Lover, Recruitable
You are Ser Jaime Lannister, aka The Kingslayer. Lord Commander of The Kingsguard, Son of Tywin, brother to Tyrion, twin of Cersei and father to her children. You are a renowned swordsman, having joined the Kingsguard at 16, perhaps the best in Westeros according to many. You earned the title ‘Kingslayer’ because despite being one of his kingsguard, you murdered The Mad King Aerys Targaryen during Robert’s Rebellion, effectively striking the winning blow for Robert Baratheon to sit The Iron Throne. Your fate is tied to that of your lover Cersei; should either of you be killed the other will also die. If Brienne of Tarth finds you she will recruit you to the Heroes, at which point you will no longer be able to communicate with any remaining members of your group.

TJTrack99 - Cersei (House words: Hear Me Roar), Villain Lannister, Lover
You are Cersei Baratheon-Lannister, Queen Regent and Protector of the Realm. Widow of the late King Robert Baratheon, you attempt to guide your son Joffrey in ruling Westeros. Your only redeeming quality is the love you have for your children, whom you would protect at all costs. Your incestuous relationship with your twin Jaime is the root of much of the conflict in Westeros and one of the causes of the War of the Five Kings. Full of pride and quick to anger, your temper often gets the best of you and you are long to hold a grudge. All your life you have worked to maintain whatever power you could obtain and you are loathe to lose it now. The Lannisters must remain on the Iron Throne at all costs, targeting one of their foes every odd numbered night. Your fate is tied with that of your lover Jaime; should either of you be killed the other will also die.

JayKay - Joffrey – (House words: Ours Is The Fury), Villain Lannister
You are His Grace, Joffrey of House Baratheon, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm. A little tyrant, you brutalize all who dare challenge you in any way. Although you believe and are believed to be, the son of the late king Robert Baratheon, you are in fact a sociopathic child of incest between Cersei & Jaime Lannister. Your reign is owed entirely to your family’s desire for power and control rather than any great skill in politics or combat. Regardless, you are the king sitting the Iron Throne and can target one enemy every odd numbered night. Victory for yourself and your family can be achieved only when those who claim your throne have been removed and you outnumber the remaining nobles.

caprice - Stannis – (House words: Ours Is The Fury) Villain Baratheon
You are Stannis of the House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm. After the death of your brother Robert Baratheon, on information provided by Ned Stark; you declared yourself the one true king as the bastard Joffrey was born of incest between Queen Cersei and her twin brother Ser Jaime. Your claim is unpopular as you lack either of your brothers’ charm and your dedication to the Lord of Light puts you at odds with the beliefs of the people. Yet, none of this deters you from your quest for the Iron Throne. On even numbered nights you and your allies may choose a target for attack. Your victory in Game of Thrones mafia can only be achieved when you destroy the Lannisters and outnumber the remaining Heroes. Beware! Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen is also making a claim on the Iron Throne.

Still praying to the Old Gods & The New:
MarkHB
Athena
stacey
Machiabelly
The Crazed Spruce
Drogo
TMunz
writing dreamer
photo fox

There are no clues in this story. You have 24 hours for night actions. Thanks! 

• Love 4

I am confused

Also

JayKay - Joffrey – (House words: Ours Is The Fury), Villain Lannister

"Ours is the Fury" belongs to the Baratheons, there is no Baratheon blood in that monster, it's all Lannister. All Lannister. 100% Lannister. No substitutions, exchanges or refunds.

• Love 4

I am confused

Also

"Ours is the Fury" belongs to the Baratheons, there is no Baratheon blood in that monster, it's all Lannister. All Lannister. 100% Lannister. No substitutions, exchanges or refunds.

But most of the realm (and he himself) believe he is a Baratheon. Perception is everything. ;)

Plus his Lannister family support him, his Baratheon 'relatives'? Not so much.

• Love 4

And just what are you implying? And where do your parents live?

;)

• Love 4

I'll take bourbon, neat.  Leave the barrel.

Anyone else worried that we now have a pissed-off dragon?

Also, since my hunch is that they're not germane to the game itself, the "House words": a motto, more or less, such as one might find on a coat of arms?

• Love 5

House Baratheon has the coolest words, IMO.

"OURS IS THE FURY" just makes you want to take your ring off and kick somebody's ass. It's like hearing "Eye of the Tiger."

• Love 4

So...no one else is going to ask? Have you ever seen a lynch walk away?

my feeling is that maybe they get an exit kill...like a jester in Town Of Salem.

Death throws...can kill 1 of the people who voted for them?

I am sorry if this is not appropriate night time talk.

beer me

• Love 3

So...no one else is going to ask? Have you ever seen a lynch walk away?

my feeling is that maybe they get an exit kill...like a jester in Town Of Salem.

Death throws...can kill 1 of the people who voted for them?

I am sorry if this is not appropriate night time talk.

beer me

I think that is a convo best saved for day time discussion. :)

• Love 4

*goes back to quietly sitting in the corner by myself*

Feeling a little uncomfortable there, TMunz? lol

Look everyone, it's us.

Dear heaven, that's hilarious.

The current vibe feels like an Irish wake, so two fingers of Jameson's, barkeep!

• Love 2