Type keyword(s) to search

The Princess Bride Mafia

• Start Topic

The logic when it was discussed before was Idol's song "Eyes Without a Face" since your avatar has visible eyes but no visible face. The logic just seems to convoluted for me to accept that our Mods would use it.  If I think about our game recaps, I've never see a clue explanation this long:

"My Way" --> Frank Sinatra --> "Old Blue Eyes" --> Eyes --> Billy Idol's "Eyes Without a Face" --> Marvin the Martian --> aquarian1

To be clear... that doesn't mean I trust you, aquarian1- and that doesn't mean I don't trust you, SVNBob- it just means I don't like this for a clue. 

Usher's second studio album (the one that really launched his career) was called "My Way" and he had a really catchy single with the same name on it.  (Memory serves as 1997 was a very good year for me.)  That album (and Usher himself) was famously produced by Babyface - which would make me think of MarkHB if he weren't already pushing up daisies. 

stacey's Pernicious Sprout theory is making more sense to me right now and TCS's voting history is spotty, having missed most of the votes. 

• Love 2
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear with me here - while it's not an actual synonym, could Pernicious be referring to someone who is...crazed? And what about sprout of a plant? Like maybe a tree sprout? Have we sorted out who (sorry Spruce!) @The Crazed Spruce is yet? I can't remember...

This was my first thought as well. (Great minds... ;-) )
  • Love 2

Going with my gut toDay*- 

1 to DL Dougal (Drogo), 6 to polish Humperdinck's crown collection

Sorry D, but...

• You've only cast one vote in the game: a vote for yourself, when a Lisin/Rugen DL was underway and gaining traction.  You said it was an attempt to buy more time but for me it seemed more like an attempt to distract the group, and
  • You haven't suggested any possible clues and have barely commented on the ones brought up, but did get over here to cast some doubt on the Lisin/Rugen clue on D1.

*I'm still a little sour at almost being killed last night.  If something more compelling comes along, I'm all ears.

• Love 1

I don't have anything to say against Dougal, but I also don't mind taking a risk on someone who's basically not able to play...

3 to DL Dougal (Drogo, stacey, Jesse), 4 to keep True Love within reach

• Love 1

Now, I wish Dougal had spoken more, though I'm also partially guilty of being quieter, but hopefully he can come on soon to defend himself. But I trust Drogo, so I'm going to put my trust in this vote. 

4 to DL Dougal (Drogo, stacey, Jesse, Lady Calypso), 3 to keep True Love within reach

• Love 1
(edited)

I should probably let you guys know that I do not know who Dougal is in this game, so this DL is my gut instinct based on gameplay.  I do not have investigative powers.  (I'm not exactly useless, though..)  

I've played two games with Dougal: the GoT game where he was a Hero/Tyrion, posted frequently with character breakouts and such and Liked posts until his untimely death at the hands/wings of my dragon namesake on Day 3... and the Whedonverse game where we were both Villains and he posted infrequently and didn't Like posts. 

I'm down to find out what's behind the curtain.  

The Anonymous vote is interesting.  When we were Whedon Villains and Athena had an Anonymous voting power, we theorized that casting that vote for one of our own (who was on the chopping block) would scare people away from the DL. ;)  The tricky thing was, if you were going to use it to scare people away you had to make sure you got in there before it was 1-to-DL, otherwise you essentially voted out your teammate.  Curious to see if that's what's going on here.. 

Edited by Drogo
(edited)

So I missed the last vote and I don't want to miss this one, but that anonymous vote could be suspicious? Do we want to discuss it at all before closing the vote?

ETA: I trust Drogo and his reasoning is sound. Just don't want to be too hasty with new info on the line.

Edited by egavasc
  • Love 1

Whoa whoa whoa. An Anonymous vote to DL @Dougal?

Yeah, I'm backing off for just a moment.

5 to DL Dougal (Drogo, Jesse, Lady Calypso, aquarian1, Anonymous), 2 to Tango

Yeah, I do think we should talk about that Anonymous vote. We've only had one game where that was in play, and of course, it was a vote from the Villains side. Does anyone see how it would work in this particular game? I know TJ and I tried to make it fit a bit with that game, but not sure if it would be in effect this game as well. Also, would they tie it to an existing voter?

• Love 1

And finally, can anyone make a case for an Anonymous vote being from the Heroes side?

Anonymous doesn't have to be a trick vote though, does it?

No, but we've only had it in one other game here. I'm wondering if any players who are still alive have had them elsewhere?

• Love 2

The Anonymous vote is interesting.  When we were Whedon Villains and Athena had an Anonymous voting power, we theorized that casting that vote for one of our own (who was on the chopping block) would scare people away from the DL. ;)  The tricky thing was, if you were going to use it to scare people away you had to make sure you got in there before it was 1-to-DL, otherwise you essentially voted out your teammate.  Curious to see if that's what's going on here.. 

So I missed the last vote and I don't want to miss this one, but that anonymous vote could be suspicious? Do we want to discuss it at all before closing the vote?

Whoa whoa whoa. An Anonymous vote to DL @Dougal?

Yeah, I'm backing off for just a moment.

Villains, if what I suggested is what you're doing - it's working.  Well played.   

I have to imagine that if I were the Villains team, and there was only one DL on the table, and it was for a Hero - I wouldn't throw my Anonymous in there with one vote to go and make the whole Heroes crowd nervous about joining the same DL as "Anonymous."  I would wait for one more vote to come in and then use my Anonymous to close it out.  

• Love 1

In doing research for the GoT round I learned many many things I didn't know about Mafia. Anonymous votes can go either way. We could easily have a hero that has an extra vote. But given how quickly votes piled up with little discussion it does give me pause. Drogo makes a good point, that the villains would most likely place the anon vote last to take out a hero. It's unlikely that they would just have poor timing (although sometimes life gets in the way of timing). But it's also likely that the person who has the anon vote doesn't have investigative powers as well. So they're either a hero taking the Dougal vote on good faith (which I am not opposed to), a villain trying to cast doubt on one of their own, or a villain with terrible timing. Which I think leads me to my vote.

Drogo, if this is wrong I'm blaming you because I have no idea what's going on other than trusting you.

7 to DL Dougal (Drogo, Jesse, Lady Calypso, aquarian1, Anonymous, stacey, egavasc), 0 for True Love and blind faith for the win!

• Love 1
(edited)

Aquarian1, you gonna finish that?  

I'm buying this round in light of recent SCOTUS breakthroughs:  

fancy_drinks_by_past1978-d3bbrsd.jpg

Get 'em while they're cold, people! 

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 5

Aquarian1, you gonna finish that?  

I'm buying this round in light of recent SCOTUS breakthroughs:  

Drogo, I can share if you give me that purple drink.  :-)

• Love 2

Canada represent!

Just missed the vote. Busy work day as I prepare for my extra long weekend.

As a former Anonymous, don't trust that vote. But it could be heroic too. You never know with this game!

• Love 2
(edited)

Drogo, I can share if you give me that purple drink.  :-)

Gives Aquarian1 the purple drink

Grabs straw with cinnamon mini donut and toasted marshmallow skewer

Runs out the door

"NO BACKSIES!"

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 2

Hmm...  I see how things are now.  

So you got my donut and marshmallows?  Think you're so smart?   Well, I still have the ice cream, chocolate, bacon bits, graham cracker crumbs and the chocolate liqueur!  Ha!  AND the purple drink.

• Love 2

For the record, I haven't been on PTV as much as I'd have liked to be this past week or so, and most of my time here has been spent catching up on the forums I mod. I did manage to find the time to open my Comic Bento box this week, though...

BTW, I'll take the red one. :)

• Love 3
(edited)

I really wanna know WTF is in these colourful drinks.

Found it!

From left:

red: Garibaldi

Campari

Orange juice

orange: Summer dream

White rum

Orange juice

green: Green temptation

Vodka

Curacao blue

Lime juice

Orange juice

blue: Bluetini

Martini extra dry

Curacao blue

Sprite

purple: Purple puddle

Vodka black sun

Curacao blue

Sprite

fancy_drinks_by_past1978-d3bbrsd.jpg

Edited by stacey
  • Love 3

The brownies look amazing!

There was blue Curacao involved the night I drank nearly a whole bottle of Black Velvet. I'll stick with earth tones for my potables, thanks!

• Love 4

Bartending instructor, circa 2000:  "Every so often a woman will walk in and tell you to make them 'something special.'  Grab whatever something from your well and throw some blue s**t in it.  And if they ask, the blender's broken."

I brought these for everyone that's not allergic to peanuts or dairy.

Oreo and peanut butter filled brownies.

OoB2tfn.jpg?1

I thought these were an urban myth.  

• Love 5

Bartending instructor, circa 2000:  "Every so often a woman will walk in and tell you to make them 'something special.'  Grab whatever something from your well and throw some blue s**t in it.  And if they ask, the blender's broken."

That sounds pretty much like what happened when my signature cocktail was created. :)

Here's a recipe.  It's pretty basic, actually. I've made them using a brownie mix and I've made them using my favorite scratch recipe.  

You need to just come over here.

• Love 3

Well, y'all heroes will find out soon that you made a mistake...but really, it's okay. I've been on quiet mode for the forums in general for a while, and am about to be traveling for almost all of July so was thinking about ways to try not to disrupt the game doing that....

But @Dougal seems to travel a lot overall, and I find that he seems to claim it just a bit more when he's an evil doer...

I've been traveling a fair amount lately, and have been an evil-doer once lately. Correlation ≠ causation, as I should especially know since I can provide proof of most of my travel being to statistics conferences.... :p

I'll be back for either the next game or the one after that, and will try to be more involved then.

• Love 1