Type keyword(s) to search

The Princess Bride Mafia

• Start Topic

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jesse DL is based on a specific clue format I think could be valid.  If the Jesse DL goes through and she's a Hero, yes, I'm going to feel stupid.  But if it goes through and she's a Villain- we'll instantly know the identity of another Villain who we received 2 clues for in the same format.  

So given that Yellin was recruitable, do you think you've discovered the clue format? And, should we be combing the story for those?

• Love 1

Yellin was recruitable but the "domino" clue was on Day 1, so Yellin/Jesse couldn't have been recruited yet.  The Villains couldn't have recruited her until at least N1.  (So while it's possible she was recruited N1 and died a Villain, "domino" definitely wasn't the actual D1 clue.  Either way I'm not too sad about it because Yellin could have been recruited to the Villains anytime, and we got Jesse back anyway, right?) 

I think we should probably be looking for more clue-ish clues and less word/letter clues.  (But I could be wrong.  Again.)

Oh man y'all, you took out Hanged Man? He never gets to play, always dying early! Such a bummer. 

Hope everything is well CP! 

This is the third game I've talked him into playing, and the third time he's died early. I'm not sure I'll have another chance to get him in here....

Be well, CP!

So given that Yellin was recruitable, do you think you've discovered the clue format? And, should we be combing the story for those?

Not necessarily. The bio stated: "You are the leader of The Brute Squad, neither a Hero or Villain unless recruited, until then you may choose to assist the heroes or villains as you see fit." The way I read it, Yellin hadn't been recruited at the time of the DL.

I need to read things over and will be missing time tomorrow for my interview. However, I will say that there might be a job in Vengeance for Inigo and Fezzik, especially if they find The Man in Black.

• Love 2

When I died as Varys my bio showed Neutral Recruitable even though I was recruited to the Villains. While I doubt Yellin was recruited on N1 it's possible and we wouldn't know.

Yellin was recruitable but to me, it appears @Jesse wasn't recruited to the side of the Villains, mainly because;

Yellin was recruitable but the "domino" clue was on Day 1, so Yellin/Jesse couldn't have been recruited yet. 

It seems highly unlikely that the game mods would put hints in for a recruit prior to the recruiting.

Ok. Obviously villains are better at picking up my not so subtle references. If you choose to believe TMunz is Wesley...then as you wish

^seconded. I have some reasons to believe that TMunz is not who she suggests she is.

This is what my gut is telling me...Granted, that doesn't mean a whole lot to the rest of you...

• Love 1

Can you remind us of your not subtle references, Machiabelly?

The same one I ended that post with. I used it earier. At that time I thought TMunz was on the way to a DL then I went to a lobster supper and to add to my iocane powder immunity and things went in another direction.

• Love 1

I have an idea (again brace yourselves)

Would it be possible as the town working together to gather the clues to identity that we have received so far?

We don't have to say the character they hint they are but can we list things like who said as you wish, who referred to iocaine immunity, who is having mother issues?

I would like a list for us so we can see which PB characters are not referenced and compare them against the players.

Or were these subtle hints and if you got them - you are maybe the only one who did. Problem is if the only one who got the reference is a villain, that is not helpful to the town and they are not secret just buried a little?

Are we allowed to do this as a group or do we each have to comb through posts and make our own flow charts and algorithms?

• Love 2

Hi Athena,

I thought I found this clue in maybe story number 2.

It was:

could-a speed things up

was-a strong enough

so I was thinking that was -a then -a athena

It turns out I was wrong and I am sorry I doubted you.

Any chance you or someone else saw this and what do you think about it?

It does not point to you but it is the only clue I could find.

• Love 2

I have an idea (again brace yourselves)Would it be possible as the town working together to gather the clues to identity that we have received so far?We don't have to say the character they hint they are but can we list things like who said as you wish, who referred to iocaine immunity, who is having mother issues?I would like a list for us so we can see which PB characters are not referenced and compare them against the players.Or were these subtle hints and if you got them - you are maybe the only one who did. Problem is if the only one who got the reference is a villain, that is not helpful to the town and they are not secret just buried a little?Are we allowed to do this as a group or do we each have to comb through posts and make our own flow charts and algorithms?

And this would be why I either killed you, or had you killed, in my first opportunity as a villain. Since you're still here, clearly I'm not a villain this time. I have my own list and would be happy to compare, but we will need the mods to clarify what their policy is on our outing other Heroes. My thought is that we can hint all we like. If we come out and say, "Hey, I think that HM is The King," we are making it even easier for the villains.

Yeah, we already know who HM was. That's why I used him as an example.

However, a nasty little idea slowly began to take root in his wicked mind.this was pretty good - why was it discounted?sorry that didn't quote properly - it is from day 1

I think it was discounted because of the distance between letters.
(edited)
Geronimo!

I am now fully convinced the clues are the Doctor Who references. Geronimo is the "catch phrase" of the Eleventh Doctor from Doctor Who, played by Matt Smith.

Edited by TMunz
  • Love 1

It was kind of stilted phrasing and I like this more than the Hera Toga thing.

You also dropped your idea of facial gymnastics being lady calypso because I was saying something else.

I was wrong and calypso - lip calisthenics wasn't half bad.

This is not accusatory just to say you dropped some pretty good ideas due to lackluster response.

• Love 1

I am now fully convinced the clues are the Doctor Who references. Geronimo is the "catch phrase" of the Eleventh Doctor from Doctor Who, played by Matt Smith.

"Geronimo!" is also a common catchphrase when diving into danger. I don't like the idea that Doctor Who trivia might be clues, because that's information that a lot of us don't have. Why should we be aware that our mods are fans? I haven't watched since Ten, so... don't care about the Smith Era.

I'm going to have to really look at the stories and see what I find that might point me to a player who is all about "teh evol."

• Love 1

"Geronimo!" is also a common catchphrase when diving into danger. I don't like the idea that Doctor Who trivia might be clues, because that's information that a lot of us don't have.

Ditto. And I've never watched Doctor Who.

Would hate for our TPB clues to be based in Whoville.

• Love 2

Would hate for our TPB clues to be based in Whoville.

Maybe one or two throughout the game. But I agree, I don't think they'd use them exclusively in the game, or even in a row. But there sure is someone who wants us to think that. /side-eyes @TMunz.

What else do we have? I had a Series of Unfortunate Events With My Computer of late, and just finally finished a four hour plus CHKDSK session. I'm hoping that means a return to some normalcy for me here...

• Love 2
(edited)
I had a Series of Unfortunate Events With My Computer of late, and just finally finished a four hour plus CHKDSK session.

SFC /scannow is a great tool to do a system file check. Here is the Microsoft page on it in case you don't want to take advice from a random stranger on the interwebs.

Oh uhhhh. OoooOOOooOOooOoooh *disappears*

Edited by Hanged Man
  • Love 4

Thanks, @Hanged Man, I'll check it out! And I do hope you'll come back and play again, I've really enjoyed all your (greatly shortened) life spans!

Do check it out. This is what he does IRL. He's helped me with many computer questions.

And I'm joining the Side-Eye Club when it comes to TMunz.

Maybe one or two throughout the game. But I agree, I don't think they'd use them exclusively in the game, or even in a row. But there sure is someone who wants us to think that.

No, listen. I'm just trying to come up with some ideas, because I'm still reeling from my DL from the Buffy game and frankly, will never get used to the disappointment of it. So I'm attempting to be helpful and bring some theories to the table. If anyone else has some, I'm more than willing to listen and help connect them to the villains.

No, listen. I'm just trying to come up with some ideas, because I'm still reeling from my DL from the Buffy game and frankly, will never get used to the disappointment of it. So I'm attempting to be helpful and bring some theories to the table. If anyone else has some, I'm more than willing to listen and help connect them to the villains.

That's great, ideas are wonderful!

We're just suggesting that they'd be better if they weren't from a source that most of us aren't/weren't aware was a possibility.

When I died as Varys my bio showed Neutral Recruitable even though I was recruited to the Villains. While I doubt Yellin was recruited on N1 it's possible and we wouldn't know.

Mod Note

We can confirm that Yellin had not been recruited when he died and was still neutral.

Keep calm and carry on.

(No that^ wasn't a clue) :p

I notice TMunz is being very vaguely helpful and also is being careful not to drop any hints about who they may be. Based on who I am and who they at least casually claimed to be, plus the fact that I was mostly dead and am now grumpy...but not captain grumpy...

1 to DL TMunz (Machiabelly) 9, I think, to form the Brute Squad

I just thought of this (I know, dazzling isn't it?)...

CP asked several times for an investigation on Tmunz. If TMunz is bad we clear CP character (now Jesse.)

Machiabelly and Tmunz claiming same character. If Tmunz is bad we clear Macciabelly.

A DL on TMunz may give us the answer on 3 players.

2 to DL TMunz (Machiabelly, Oinky Boinky) 8, I think, for a triple play

TPB Mafia Mod Announcement

There are 17 people left, which means it takes 9 to activate a DL ... so with that in mind, I am correcting the math:

2 to DL TMunz (Machiabelly, Oinky Boinky) 7, I think, for a triple play

• Love 2
(edited)
Machiabelly and Tmunz claiming same character.

Forgive the confusion, but I didn't mean to imply I'm Machiabelly's character. The only clue that fits mine (a character who isn't even on the list that was compiled) is extra-ordinary.

So, sorry, but if the DL happens, you're going to be very disappointed.

very vaguely helpful

At least I'm trying to help which is way more than some. The theory is just a theory and I don't know who it could point to, but in bringing it to the table I was hoping someone might see a connection. 

Edited by TMunz
  • Love 1

Forgive the confusion, but I didn't mean to imply I'm Machiabelly's character. The only clue that fits mine (a character who isn't even on the list that was compiled) is extra-ordinary.

I caught the extra-ordinary hero thing but I am missing on the significance- help someone?

I also have you saying 'I'm a decent fellow, I hate to die' but I think I may have also seen you say 'I hate to kill you' this is why I asked if we had someone claiming two characters or if we had two people claiming the same one. I asked some others for help with what they thought about the claimings.

So I'm still a bit confused on that point.

• Love 1
(edited)

Oh I see what you were getting at. Those were just movie quotes because they seemed apropos for the situation I was in. If only I had an Italian coin for every good quote in this movie.

Edited by SilverStormm
Fixed duplicated text for you :)
  • Love 1

Holy cow, this is the most that's happened overnight ever, that's exciting.  I was feeling the TMunz side-eye yesterday, and still am.  Though FWIW, I don't agree that TMunz being bad clears anyone, but that could be a conversation for another day.  ;) 

7 to DL TMunz (Machiabelly, Oinky Boinky, egavasc, aquarian1, stacey, Jesse, Drogo) 2 to wrap it in chocolate so it goes down easier

(edited)

I think I'm being repressed. So you guys are going to DL me based on absolutely nothing? There has been nothing in the stories to even remotely suggest my name.

I don't agree that TMunz being bad clears anyone, but that could be a conversation for another day.  ;)

So when you find out that I'm a hero. What is it going to tell you?

Edited by TMunz