Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E08: Open Your Bouche

• Start Topic

Airs August 20, 2019

The teams travel to Charlevoix, Que., where some of the racers get tongue-tied under the pressure of the race.

That ending scared me, I don't want James and Anthony to go home, I hope they are misleading us with next weeks previews.

I can't stand much more of Irina and Dave.  I got the feeling that her hysterics at the speaking challenge was mostly an act, didn't she get through it on the 2nd try?  All the crying and wanting to quit, if only, than having to get a cuddle and a pep talk from tool Dave. She is a drama queen.

I did have a lol moment tho, at one of the females saying she just concentrated on Dave's big head so she wouldn't lose focus when the cameras were flashing! 

Edited by wintrygal
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

The stick challenge seemed much faster than painting the eggs.

I'm over Dave and Irina. I wonder if they're trying to give them a better edit now because they win? I really hope not.

On 8/21/2019 at 4:23 AM, aemom said:

The stick challenge seemed much faster than painting the eggs.

That's what I thought.  One of the team could carry the whole of the stick challenge which I didn't think was the best rule to have.  Obviously the egg challenge was judged leniently and the examples were literally just a few steps away but at least both seemed to have to contribute, I hope they both had to work on their own eggs alone.

The memory task was harder than what the US version does now, but it used to be harder in the past.

Finally self-navigation again which as usual brings drama, it's ridiculous they don't do more self-navigation.

• Love 2
On 8/20/2019 at 10:48 PM, wintrygal said:

I did have a lol moment tho, at one of the females saying she just concentrated on Dave's big head so she wouldn't lose focus when the cameras were flashing! 

That cracked me up too! The sisters have really grown on me.  But Anthony & James are still my faves.  I was soooooo sad when they were last because I figured the Moms used up all the NELs so I was very happy for the TBC!

On 8/20/2019 at 11:23 PM, aemom said:

I'm over Dave and Irina. I wonder if they're trying to give them a better edit now because they win? I really hope not.

I'm completely unspoiled so this is pure speculation on my part but I'll tag it just in case. 

Spoiler

I followed a link to Dave's Twitter account a couple weeks ago, I haven't been back since but based on what I saw then, I remember thinking they must have won because a team who lost wouldn't be that obnoxious online. A loss surely would have humbled them a bit, right? (Don't call me Shirley.) Again, it could just be that they're obnoxious 24/7 anyway but it still made me nervous that they win.

I don't mind the Blind Detour as long as the tasks are relatively equal in terms of time.  In this case, the painting seemed like it would take much longer than the other task.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 2

Just when I was a bit moved by Dave's tears for Irina not giving up... she starts bitching at him and quitting again! 

Aarthy's severe vocal fry, and utter lack of contributing anything to the entire leg kind of soured me on her. 

I would NEVER have gotten that memory challenge. I wonder how long it took them to do it. 

• Love 4