Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E11: Fire and Ice

Drogo
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

She probably is kicking herself now that she knows she was next to last. But no shame she came in second place. Had she broken through the ice and caught a 40 pound pike that's a third of her weight and she would have been sitting pretty.

Yeah, Jordan was the only one still having any success fishing.  So I don't think the others were going to catch him.  He had that big axe that could break through the ice.  I know Woniya didn't have one.  I can't remember if Nathan had one or not, but it appeared he had given up on the idea of fishing anyway. once he damaged his gill net.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, rmontro said:

Wasn't there one winner who didn't have a loved one show up?

I don't think they brought anyone first couple of seasons. Don't worry 500k will buy a lot of loved ones.

I'd be interested to see how quickly they can re-integrate into normal life. For the winner though happy before they know it they have financial issues from having money while at the same time his body and mind is re-adjusting from thinking about nothing but survival and food. The winner probably acclimates the fastest. I recall one season a guy tapped out the same day. Never even built a shelter...he probably acclimated fast.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I don't think they brought anyone first couple of seasons.

I believe Alan's daughter showed up in season one. Not sure about every other season. In the pairs season they didn't bring anyone in IIRC.

8 hours ago, DrewPaul2010 said:

I'm basing it on comparing this discussion page to other TV shows that have four to five pages the first night after the show. But I admit I have no inside knowledge.

The ratings have been pretty good.  The finale placed 5th in the top 50 cable TV shows for Thursday night.  The week before it placed 6th.  Obviously a lot of people like to watch the show that don't like to post about it on online.  Which makes the lack of a reunion show even more strange.  I like such a show because it addresses some viewer questions and you get to see how some of the contestants feel now that they're back home - how the experience has impacted their lives, etc.  Plus it's just general closure for closure freaks like me.

• Love 5
19 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Obviously a lot of people like to watch the show that don't like to post about it on online.  

I find the whole phenomenon of which shows get a lot of forum traffic to be completely baffling.  There are shows out there that I know people are watching, but practically no one posts about them at all.  While others generate a steady stream of comments.  I don't understand it.

As for the reunion shows, I'm bored with them frankly.  I don't miss them at all.

22 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Having 11 episodes is a very odd number. Usually it’s 10, 12, etc. No reunion episode? Very strange.

It is weird. Wikipedia says seasons 1, 4 and 6 were 11 episodes, but doesn't say which (if any) had reunion episodes included as part of that count. Seasons 3 and 5 were 10 episodes. Season 2 was 13 (a more normal order for other channels).

I don't know, maybe there is a "floating" number of episodes, 10 to 13, that the network allows them to have, and it just depends on how much interesting stuff happens.

I don't mind 10 and 11 episode seasons if that means there isn't two extra hours of padding of nothing happening.

I was rooting for Woniya too.  I actually really liked her "spirituality".  Seemed very real and suited the whole living with nature thing.

But Jordan getting that big fish at the end only proved that he'd have outlasted her anyways. lol him trying to scarf down as much fatty meat as he could before the medics examined him. 

What happens if at some point every remaining contestant is too unhealthy to continue, but want to?  Does that last person checked that day get the prize?

I am curious always about how they set up the loved one to sneak up behind them.  I'd love to see another camera follow a producer and the loved one around, trying to keep quiet, and out of sight.

Congrats to Jordan!  I too thought he was set after that moose kill. Things you learn on this show. I am imagining all these "low-fat" or "no-fat"  dieting yuppies and hipsters out there screaming for fat!  He definately had balls of steel. Not just the moose, but to kill a wolverine with a hatchet?  My gawd, those things are deadly dangerous fierce.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, allthatglitters said:

What happens if at some point every remaining contestant is too unhealthy to continue, but want to?  Does that last person checked that day get the prize?

Good question. I guess they’d try to figure out who was the sickest.

1 hour ago, allthatglitters said:

I am curious always about how they set up the loved one to sneak up behind them.  I'd love to see another camera follow a producer and the loved one around, trying to keep quiet, and out of sight

They’ve done that in past seasons. This season left out so much... introductions, home life stories, etc.

• Love 1

I've been binging all 6 seasons for a few weeks after a friend tipped me off on this show.

Jordan was terrific,  skilled, patient, experienced.  

except for season 1, this was my favorite.  no complaints from this guy.

• Love 6