Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E10: Father's Day Follies

druzy
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, ava111 said:

If you want to watch teen moms being fuck-ups while actually still being teens with idiotic boyfriends and not rich with huge houses and no jobs go watch Unexpected on TLC. Way better and more realistic. 

Oh lord, I saw the preview a couple of days ago with an episode about an 18-year-old girl on her second pregnancy.  I added the show to my DVR but I'm not sure my blood pressure can handle more procreating idiots.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Low ratings for this episode

LOW RATINGS On Mackenzie’s premiere episode on Monday, August 5, 693,000 viewers tuned in, according to TV By The Numbers. The episode was a drop from July 29, which brought in 773,000 viewers.

STRUGGLING SEASON It’s been a rough season after the loss of Farrah and Bristol. The season premiere on June 10 brought in 990,000 viewers. On June 17, ratings decreased to 868,000. Ratings dropped again to 849,000 on June 24.

HOW LOW CAN THEY GO? Ratings continued to decline on July 1, as 778,000 people tuned in. Then on July 8, 734,000 viewers watched the episode.

NOT HER FAULT! Fortunately for Mackenzie, her premiere episode wasn’t the season low. The July 15 episode brought in only 679,000 people, while the July 22 episode had 658,000 viewers.

BIG NUMBERS The October 2018 premiere brought in 957,000 with the additions of Bristol and Cheyenne Floyd. For the season premiere before, which featured Farrah, 1,319,000 viewers tuned in, as finale had 1,098,000 viewers.

image.thumb.png.0673992631bc97ff85888e9c853392db.png

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/6/2019 at 6:22 AM, Linny said:

Welcome to TM OG, MacKenzie, where we'll all learn just how "rock solid" your marriage is, see your mom's torturous illness and your devastating response up close and personal, and forever judge you for saddling your kids with unusual names (poor Gannon sounds more like a yogurt drink than a seven year old). Hope the MTV paycheck compensates for the heartbreak of having your most personal moments captured for time immemorial, but I personally don't understand why anybody would touch this show when processing a parent's impending death. 

I'm convinced the show wants a five mom cast only to shorten everyone's segments and make it less obvious that nothing ever much happens, so enter MacKenzie. But man, it's gonna be awkward to see her crying over her mom interspersed with Ryan mumbling vaguely about Bentley or Amber popping her head up from the couch cushions to tell us she's a great mom.

Brilliant review

On 8/6/2019 at 8:30 AM, Mr. Minor said:

How about Broncs? FFS!

And don’t forget Jacksey!!

• Love 1
On 8/6/2019 at 9:54 AM, suzeecat said:

The scene with Jayde wanting to be a farmer was simply adorable and showed Maci's mothering skill.  Maci has created a nice family and home.  Yeah, the TTM stuff is dumb and in our face, but I think it's the longest-lasting business in the franchise, so I give them credit for that. 

Exactly. Say what you will about Maci but she is the only one I see actually mothering her children and actively involved in their lives!  And seeing her watering her yard was actually refreshing.  Can u imagine Catelynn or Amber taking care of their homes in any way???   Doing yard work? Planting a garden with their kids??  hell no!

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Persnickety1 said:

Oh lord, I saw the preview a couple of days ago with an episode about an 18-year-old girl on her second pregnancy.  I added the show to my DVR but I'm not sure my blood pressure can handle more procreating idiots.  

Oh yes, Unexpected is sad and infuriating all at the same time. I mean the stupidity of the kids AND the parents on that show is unbelievable.  You must watch and then head over to the forum, lol. 

• Love 5
On 8/6/2019 at 5:30 AM, Mr. Minor said:

How about Broncs? FFS!

On 8/6/2019 at 3:22 AM, Linny said:

Welcome to TM OG, MacKenzie, where we'll all learn just how "rock solid" your marriage is, see your mom's torturous illness and your devastating response up close and personal, and forever judge you for saddling your kids with unusual names (poor Gannon sounds more like a yogurt drink than a seven year old). Hope the MTV paycheck compensates for the heartbreak of having your most personal moments captured for time immemorial, but I personally don't understand why anybody would touch this show when processing a parent's impending death. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Minor said:

I think it's Jaxie?

The name nonsense is what got Mac put on FF so fast.

Those names.  😠

I kept waiting for a couple of more spawn named Lariat and Gelding to appear.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Amber totally wants Leah to have a social media account and probably wants to use it for herself for some insane reason.  My son is the same age and none of his friends have one so how many of Leah's friends actually do?

The Mackenize add reminds me of Bristol. They start right when some drama is occuring, like her marriage does not seem "rock solid".  

Jayde is so cute.  Maci and Taylor keep Bentley interested in activities and involved with healthy things that will help Bentley determine what he wants to do during high school, college. Lazy Ryan wouldn't understand that.  He was being filmed behind the fence. HA!

• Love 7

It’s time to roll these 2 shows into one. For entertainments sake I would watch Catelynn, Amber, Jenelle and Kailyn. Maybe bring back Farrah. The end 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

Cheyenne, Maci and Chelsea have one storyline on repeat. For Cheyenne it’s how new partners deal with her and Cory’s relationship. For Maci it’s what a bad father Rhiiine is to Bentley. Ditto for Chelsea and Adumb. 

I think it’s too late to try to include Mackenzie, plus she doesn’t come across as the brightest girl. Leah just has nothing going on. Idc about whoever this Jade girl is. 

Its not hard to make this one show MTV, save on production costs.

• Love 4
On 8/7/2019 at 5:41 PM, Persnickety1 said:

It's a Must see TV! It gets even better then that. There are two sisters - 15 year old that already had a baby and her older 17 year old sister that discovered she was 4 or 5 months pregnant when her little niece was born. She is about to pop now. She was already pregnant once when 15 but miscarried. They have a cousin about the same age who is also pregnant. They are all giddy about how they will go on walks together with their strollers and how they will all play together and play dress up! Mind boggling!!! Their mothers and grandmothers were all teen parents! So they see this as completely normal. Then there is a couple that had sex in the back of her mom car while she went to get groceries and got pregnant. Another one got pregnant before she even kissed her "boyfriend". This is Teen mom on steroids! 16 and pregnant was always better than TM because it was all realistic and lasted only one episode for each couple so it actually showed all the unrealistic expectations of the girls getting crushed by the reality of the normal life struggling financially and emotionally while trying to take care of baby and trying to keep their good for nothing boyfriends. This is more like that but we actually get to see a lot of their parents in their stories and their horrible parenting. I like that they mostly bring new pregnant idiots and only follow 1 girl from season 1 and 1 from season 2. Before they can make any substantial amount of money like was a huge mistake with TM. Can't wait for tonight's episode. Season 3 only just started last Sunday so its easy to catch up.

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, ava111 said:

It's a Must see TV! It gets even better then that. There are two sisters - 15 year old that already had a baby and her older 17 year old sister that discovered she was 4 or 5 months pregnant when her little niece was born. She is about to pop now. She was already pregnant once when 15 but miscarried. They have a cousin about the same age who is also pregnant. They are all giddy about how they will go on walks together with their strollers and how they will all play together and play dress up! Mind boggling!!! Their mothers and grandmothers were all teen parents! So they see this as completely normal. Then there is a couple that had sex in the back of her mom car while she went to get groceries and got pregnant. Another one got pregnant before she even kissed her "boyfriend". This is Teen mom on steroids! 16 and pregnant was always better than TM because it was all realistic and lasted only one episode for each couple so it actually showed all the unrealistic expectations of the girls getting crushed by the reality of the normal life struggling financially and emotionally while trying to take care of baby and trying to keep their good for nothing boyfriends. This is more like that but we actually get to see a lot of their parents in their stories and their horrible parenting. I like that they mostly bring new pregnant idiots and only follow 1 girl from season 1 and 1 from season 2. Before they can make any substantial amount of money like was a huge mistake with TM. Can't wait for tonight's episode. Season 3 only just started last Sunday so its easy to catch up.

Oooh, thanks for the info!  

I'll give it a try.  Especially like you said, it's realistic, like 16 & P.  

Horrifying, I'm sure, but at least realistic 😄 

I’m catching this episode a week late.  My only two takeaways are:

* Good grief, a discussion of Instagram for a 10-year-old.  Amber is so full of shit.  I love that she talked about it with Gary and pretended to be “on the same page” with him after all but justifying it.  She totally would have allowed Leah to have it if not for Gary.  All I can say it, thank the good Lord above for Gary having full custody.  Leah would be a lost cause without him.

* Catelynn and Tyler confusing the hell out of Nova with in-depth discussions of Carly and her birthday.  Carly is an abstract concept to her.  I hope Brandon and Teresa are paying close attention to Carly’s mental/emotional health as she gets older.  I’m sure they are.  She’s going to need to be prepared for the Baltierra clusterfuck when she grows up and these hillbillies can contact her freely.

Edited by Suzy Rhapsody
  • Love 6
On 8/12/2019 at 10:57 AM, dariafan said:

Cate and Tyler need to stop projecting on actual Carly.  They keep acting like she’s going to come running to them as soon as she turns 18.  Which she might.  But that’s her choice 

Spoiler alert, she won’t. My full biological sister and I are both adopted, by different families. We were each adopted at birth, meaning our parents (referring to my mom and dad who adopted me, because they absolutely are my parents and I’ve never considered them anything less) took us home from the hospital a few days after we were born. 

Our birth mother was 15 when she had me and 17 when she had my sister. While we both greatly appreciate her decision (and we hope that the decision was hers, but it was the 70s, so who knows?) to place us with families who had more resources and were more stable than what she could give us, neither of us have ever wanted to have a relationship with her. (I feel the need to explain here that neither of us are even remotely bitter about being “given up” for adoption, as many non-adopted people whom I meet assume I am. We even wrote her a joint letter a few years ago thanking her for what she did and letting her know that we found each other and are now great friends). But, we’re good with the families that we have.

It looks as though Carly’s parents are decent, stable people too, and I can only assume that she’s also being raised in a loving home. 

I realize that my sister’s and my experience are anecdotal, and that not every adopted person feels like we do. But I’m guessing that Carly won’t be too interested in Cate and Tyler, unless she goes through a rebellious phase in her teens and thinks that the grass is greener elsewhere, etc., which is entirely possible, I suppose. Even if that happens, though, I’d bet my life that it won’t be sustainable.

She may feel differently about having a long-term relationship with Nova and Vaeda (Vedea?) and any other kids C & T have (g-d help us!). For us at least, the sibling part is totally different, but maybe that’s also because we’re both only children, while Carly is not. She has a younger brother, IIRC. 

Edited by SimonSeymour
  • Love 8