Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: Just Desserts

• Start Topic

Damn, McCollough is gonna sell drugs now. Her story of sexual assault in the military is not new, sadly. I wonder how Alex will deal with Hellman. 

Hellman is a pig. Can't stand him.

Nooooooooo! Maritza! Can't believe she got snatched by ICE! WTF. From one prison to another. Blanca is there...

• Love 7

The scene with Suzanne and her mom was really well done and the highlight of the episode.   

And now people are  thinking Daya intentionality killed Daddy.  Interesting turn.  To Boss or not to boss.

And Alex digs herself in deeper.   I am curious how this is going to end because in jail or out of jail if Pipst and Alex don’t end up together I will riot.

RIOT!!!!!!!

• Love 2

Much better episode. Glad to see some familiar faces like Maria, Blanca and Maritza (but...didn't Maritza have a kid? Would have thought she'd be trying to get her life together.). And confirmation that Daya laced the hooch that killed Daddy.

McCullough's backstory was interesting; you can really see how her military experience shaped her.

Ward becoming warden? She's going to try hard to do the right thing and it's all going to go terribly wrong. Interesting contrast that she's the warden and now Taystee's in for life.

Wonder how Alex is going to get rid of Hellman. I think we all know she will. I hope it doesn't involve Badison coming back.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, ExplainItAgain said:

McCullough's backstory was interesting; you can really see how her military experience shaped her.

I think the C/O meant well and was trying to give her advice, but I saw where that was going and it's sadly not surprising. I'm interested to see how her plot shakes out.

• Love 5
On 7/26/2019 at 7:35 PM, ShortyMac said:

Nooooooooo! Maritza! Can't believe she got snatched by ICE! WTF. From one prison to another. Blanca is there...

She should have gone to L.A.! No good deed goes unpunished. Seems to be the theme of the episode with both Maritza and McCoullaugh.

Heartbreaking to watch Suzanne figure out that she's been treated unfairly.

There was a funny moment during Daddy's memorial where one of the inmates pretended to lean in to get a closer look at the memorial and she snatches something off of the table. 

Ward is going to more than double her salary; I hope it's worth it to her because she is going to have some headaches being in charge of that bunch of guards. I have a feeling that soon no one will be getting any dessert. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, DoubleUTeeEff said:

Ward is going to more than double her salary; I hope it's worth it to her because she is going to have some headaches being in charge of that bunch of guards. I have a feeling that soon no one will be getting any dessert. 

I thought that whole storyline was kind of mocking modern capitalism and how American culture places more value on usage of the right buzzwords and confidence/charisma than actual qualifications. Ward seems nice enough but she is in no way qualified to run an entire prison. Didn't she just start working there in Season 6? I mean, sure, she's way more qualified than the other guards who interviewed, but still.

Edited by BuyMoreAndSave
  • Love 10
(edited)

Ward might be one of the nicer and more competent guards, but she doesn't exactly have the experience it takes to be a warden in a major prison like this. She clearly got this job because she said the right things and is going to be a Company Woman who knows how to repeat the company line. At least she is still more qualified than most of the other idiot guards and their tit glances I guess. I did love the interview with the black guard who does the physical fitness stuff. 

"It would be interesting to have something in this position with your...background."

"Oh yeah, in health and fitness!"

I was happy to see Maritza again, but didnt she have a kid? I knew when we saw her it would lead to something bad, but I didnt see that coming. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

I'm totally confused about where everyone is. During the phone call didn't Blanca say they were taken to Arizona? But now she's back in Lichfield? Huh? Why would they transfer ICE prisoners back to New York?

(edited)
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

I'm totally confused about where everyone is. During the phone call didn't Blanca say they were taken to Arizona? But now she's back in Lichfield? Huh? Why would they transfer ICE prisoners back to New York?

Because ICE probably moves detainees to confuse them. I also believe it was said that her boyfriend, Diablo, was in Arizona.

Edited by ShortyMac
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/31/2019 at 2:54 PM, iMonrey said:

Why would they transfer ICE prisoners back to New York?

They do that a lot. There has been reporting on detainees being shifted around, and I'm not sure there's actually a good reason, but I know they do it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I don’t think Maritza had a kid, it was Maria, who’s still in prison.

sure you could say Maritza wouldn’t have gotten detained by ICE if she went to LA, but under her parole, she wasn’t supposed to be in the club either.

man Alex is so screwed.  I kept hoping McCollough would put the dope in Hellman’s locker.  But she just wants to make up on the salary.  How is McCollough supposed to get the drugs?

and Ward is in way over her head.