Type keyword(s) to search

Unexpected in the Media: Expecting Exciting News

• Start Topic

Unexpected mom McKayla Adkins’ grandfather Tim and grandmother Cindy certainly have their hands full dealing with all of the drama between McKayla, her ex Caelan, McKayla’s mom Shannon, and Caelan’s mom Shelly. But, McKayla isn’t the only grandchild causing difficulties for the couple, as evidenced by the fact that Tim was arrested for domestic violence after allegedly choking McKayla’s teenage brother last year!

According to police records, officers responded to a report of a domestic disturbance at Tim and Cindy’s home just after 9PM on July 30, 2018. After arriving on the scene, police determined that Tim (58) and his grandson (15) got into a verbal altercation over his grandson allegedly playing music too loudly.

Tim then allegedly “grabbed the juvenile by the neck, causing visible injury.” Tim was arrested and charged with domestic violence. He was transported to the Salem Police Department for processing, and later transported to the Columbiana County Jail where he was booked into custody.

Court records indicate that Tim was later found guilty of the lesser charge of disturbing the peace and he opted for community service in lieu of fines and court costs.

The alleged choking incident isn’t the only police report on file involving Tim, Cindy, and their grandson. In November of 2017, Cindy contacted police to report her grandson missing. “Officers checked with some of his friends and [were] able to locate the male juvenile and returned him to his grandmother.”

We reached out to McKayla’s mom Shannon Duko, and she was kind enough to speak with us and provide a little context for for the incident between Tim and her son. Shannon explains that her son can be difficult at times because he is ADHD and has had some anger issues. “My father has done his very best at helping him, but he is very mouthy and says really awful things,” Shannon reveals.

So what happened on the day of Tim’s arrest? “My son was very angry and he filed a police report, but then he later went to court with my father and told the judge that it was his fault, he was in the wrong, and that he was sorry for allowing it to go this far.”

Edited by druzy
  • Useful 1

He choked a child. He choked a child who then went to court and took the blame? Either Tim should go or the minor children in that house should be removed. 

He left visible marks on a kids neck....seriously, I am sickened.  And the young man has ADHA so instead of getting help and a strategy for dealing with his issues, you choke him, you freaking choke him?  Seriously?????

Tim is an alcoholic with rage issues and biases...he is never wrong...he isn't wrong about his asinine granddaughter and he isn't wrong for choking his grandson.  He lives in sheer denial of the many problems in his family and the little ones are going to be caught up in this mess if they don't get them away from these people..out of that house...something should have to change.  I cannot believe children's services isn't involved.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, druzy said:

Good for her.  She's managed to destroy the only good thing she ever had - the show that paid her a bunch of money for her narcissistic foolery.  I probably feel more sorry for the grandfather now than I did, because he's putting up with her in any case.

Don't let the door hit ya.....

• Love 6

According to this article, the cast members are reportedly only being paid $425 per episode.  Considering how badly most of them come off, and the fact that the cast changes so frequently, appearing seems like an even worse life decision than I would have originally thought.

https://starcasm.net/reanna-taron-reportedly-cut-tlc-unexpected-season-4/

Also, the article speculates that the couple who left did so on their own, and that the producers did not choose to fire them.  Not sure about that, but I guess if you only pay 425 per episode the risk you run is that someone will stop filming once they realize how badly they are coming off for nothing.  The MTV twits are very well compensated for being hated by most of America (plus even the most brain dead useless lumps like Jenelle have crazy fans who support them).

Edited by kitkat343
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

It has been reported on social media that McKayla Adkins is pregnant again with baby number 3. yikes! It also says that she and her new boyfriend are getting married in two weeks.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, applewood said:

It has been reported on social media that McKayla Adkins is pregnant again with baby number 3. yikes! It also says that she and her new boyfriend are getting married in two weeks.

Maybe she’ll wear the dress they already bought. 😂

9 hours ago, applewood said:

Just as easy to neglect three kids as it is to neglect two.

• Love 5