Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Chapter Ninety-Six

Jane is struck with inspiration for her book, but her next challenge is to get an agent; Rogelio contemplates taking on a different role; Jane thinks it's important to build a different relationship with the twins and turns to Petra for guidance.

Promo:

Original air date: 7/10/19

(edited)

Seriously, I don't care about Magda.  I don't care about Rose and crazy person.   My dials go down for them... as opposed to Rojelio who I will always enjoy.   Who played PJ?  I know I know her but I can't place her.   

Jane we need to buy two more chairs so the girls don't have to sit on other furniture... um... why does raf have only three chairs?  I mean I totally think you shoulld always have 6-8 chairs but...  But a guy who bought his table when he already had three children didn't anticipate he'd ever need an extra chair or two for anybody?

Edited by bybrandy
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, bybrandy said:

Who played PJ?  I know I know her but I can't place her.  

Eden Sher - Sue Heck from The Middle.  Someone else watching with me had to point that out, but I'm sure I would have figured it out eventually 🙂

Edited by SoMuchTV
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, camom said:

How many more episodes are there?  Since it's close to the end I'll stick it out, but  I'm losing interest fast.

Four. Taking us up to 100 eps. The finale on 7/31 is 2 hrs, the first of which is a clip show retrospective. So, hang in there, it won't be long.

I thought it was an excellent episode.  Jane and the Twins as well as all things Rogelio were great.

The "scar" story should be Jaime Camil's Emmy entry clip.  Or at least Teen Choice Award entry clip.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, camom said:

How many more episodes are there?  Since it's close to the end I'll stick it out, but  I'm losing interest fast.

3 episodes because 5x18 is not a traditional episode because it's a special/ retrospective. There are 18 scripted episodes and one special. 5x19 is the series finale. 5x18 is the special episode.

7 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

Four. Taking us up to 100 eps. The finale on 7/31 is 2 hrs, the first of which is a clip show retrospective. So, hang in there, it won't be long.

No, only 3 episodes. 5x18 is the special that will air before the series finale which is 5x19. Both will July 31st.

15 hours ago, bybrandy said:

But a guy who bought his table when he already had three children didn't anticipate he'd ever need an extra chair or two for anybody?

Apparently between bouts of depressive episodes, taking medication, breaking up with his girlfriend, his son's diagnosis and the entire thing with Jane being uncertain to move in with him to his new place he... didn't have time to get to it. (Because right before that that he lived in one-small-room studio and he definitely didn't have enough room for even his own stuff).

21 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

Eden Sher - Sue Heck from The Middle.  Someone else watching with me had to point that out, but I'm sure I would have figured it out eventually 🙂

Thank you! I can't believe I didn't get there.  I was even picturing sitcom with kids so I think I would have gotten there eventually but her segments were so short I missed it!   

6 hours ago, CooperTV said:

Apparently between bouts of depressive episodes, taking medication, breaking up with his girlfriend, his son's diagnosis and the entire thing with Jane being uncertain to move in with him to his new place he... didn't have time to get to it. (Because right before that that he lived in one-small-room studio and he definitely didn't have enough room for even his own stuff).

Fair enough... still, I'm saying unless his table came from the studio he probably should have bought one with a leaf and 6 chairs.  :).  

Apparently between bouts of depressive episodes, taking medication, breaking up with his girlfriend, his son's diagnosis and the entire thing with Jane being uncertain to move in with him to his new place he... didn't have time to get to it. 

Don't you love how topics are brought up then dropped flat. Now that he has Jane all to himself at last why that pesky depression seems to have cleared up on its own! No more mention of taking meds or the suggestion that this is a battle he may have to fight for the rest of his life. Also, apparently, now that kiddo can read the ADHD will never be mentioned again either. Two serious issues totally sidelined in the final stretch.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, BonnieD said:

Don't you love how topics are brought up then dropped flat. Now that he has Jane all to himself at last why that pesky depression seems to have cleared up on its own! No more mention of taking meds or the suggestion that this is a battle he may have to fight for the rest of his life. Also, apparently, now that kiddo can read the ADHD will never be mentioned again either. Two serious issues totally sidelined in the final stretch.

It was not the first time some thread had been dropped. There's three episodes left in the entire show.

(edited)
On 7/13/2019 at 9:14 AM, BonnieD said:

No, he's still on the meds because it was mentioned in 5x11. I doubt Mateo's ADHD will go away but it doesn't have to be mentioned every second. Same with Rafeal's meds. We know already. Only 3 scripted episodes are left. 

Edited by Simba122504
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2019 at 8:49 AM, bybrandy said:

Fair enough... still, I'm saying unless his table came from the studio he probably should have bought one with a leaf and 6 chairs.  :).  

Yes, his table came with the apartment. It's a booth.

• Love 2

Late to the party: I liked seeing Darcy, Esteban and Baby again - and particularly Rogelio's reaction to Baby walking for the first time. 

She's alive! I figured that they would not kill off Magda.

So loved that Jane becoming the stepmother to the twins was discussed in depth. 

• Love 1