Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E04: Skidmark

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, raven said:

All right, I don't care, this show is goofily entertaining.  It hasn't reached Zoo levels of goofiness, but it makes me laugh.

It has it's moments. 

• Love 3

As long as you're not being a stickler for plausibility (which again, zombies), this show really is leaning into it, isn't it?  I could watch Daniel out leading a sedate zombie stroll with his boombox and having yet another one of those leisurely conversations via walkie while leaving trolling notes on windshields and partnering with cats all day.

• Love 11

I did like the Lost feel in the last five minutes. But we already did that on the mother ship. But if it’s something different from what we’ve already seen, then TPTB are cheating. I mean what are the odds that there would be two groups of secretive and organized people WITH helicopters with the letter A on them?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Please explain to me the source of all the gasoline they seem to have available to them. Plus, those walkie talkies must be top of the line and never have to be recharged. Daniel can take a nice slow walk while talking away.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, SamBeckett said:

I did like the Lost feel in the last five minutes. But we already did that on the mother ship. But if it’s something different from what we’ve already seen, then TPTB are cheating. I mean what are the odds that there would be two groups of secretive and organized people WITH helicopters with the letter A on them?

Well, they couldn't show us Chekov's helicopter on the other show and not do something with it.  Hoping they don't drag the reveal out too much.

Who knew you could use "The Little Prince" as a guide to engine repair?  All I know is I wouldn't want to be the one to clean off all that putrid purée.  Eh, maybe the rain'll get it.

We're not seeing much of Matt Frewer lately.  I assumed he was the big bad but with Daniel's Warehouse 'O' Goodies, I see no reason for our heroes to have any more to do with him.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, nitrofishblue said:

Please explain to me the source of all the gasoline they seem to have available to them. Plus, those walkie talkies must be top of the line and never have to be recharged. Daniel can take a nice slow walk while talking away.

Surely, you jest.

If the cat dies, I am OUT (and you can say that word with a true Canadian accent, which does not sound like "oot").

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Speaking of cats, I really had no idea what Daniel had "trained" his cat to do with the Walkers. Yes, I get "the idea", but the execution seemed rather . . . um, harum-scarum. Then again, what do you want from a cat? (No offense meant, but let's face it — A cat isn't a Border collie.)

• Love 2

“What the hell is that?”

Its called a helicopter, Alicia.

So is Al going to run into Rick?

It’s dopey, but it’s more entertaining than it has been and more so than the mothership. 

• Love 5

It's been 4 episodes since the new season started and I still have no clue what they need another airplane for. To rescue some other group? Where? Who? Why? Another question: Is Dwight gone for good? That was underwhelming if he was one and done.

Last episode they showed a helicopter like the one that took Rick away. I'm a little curious what happens with that, but I'm hating the groups "we gotta help everyone" edict. They just need to find a place and settle down.

• Love 7

I thought Dwight was off wherever John and June were.  Last episode, they were talking about helping him continue his unending Where's Waldo hunt for his wife if they could extricate themselves from the main plotline.  He's in the credits, so I think he's supposed to be sticking around for awhile.  Wherever the bulk of our cast is, they keep acting like it's too far or inaccessible for Strand and the rest to go get them in one of the 5 million abandoned vehicles sitting around Texas or them to come to him.  It doesn't help at all that they've been so ridiculously vague about this.

The helicopter has the same interlocking circles symbol and the letter A as the one that took Rick.  We're also still in the same general time frame.  Whether that means anything or whether that's another seasons-long tease that doesn't seem to go anyway remains to be seen.

• Love 4
On 6/23/2019 at 9:19 PM, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Well, the cat survived.

This is perhaps the first time an animal in the WD universe has survived.

I am an animal person, so it always makes me sad to see the animals get killed on these shows, whether they are dogs, horses, or what not.

Other than this cat (I was so happy the cat made it!), only Daryl's dog (named "dog") on the original show has survived so far.

On 6/26/2019 at 2:01 PM, nodorothyparker said:

Wherever the bulk of our cast is, they keep acting like it's too far or inaccessible for Strand and the rest to go get them in one of the 5 million abandoned vehicles sitting around Texas or them to come to him.  It doesn't help at all that they've been so ridiculously vague about this.

Years ago, I lived in Texas for a bit over 15 years, in the south east corner (and I've been up to Dallas). I don't recall the state of Texas having huge swaths of inaccessible areas, or many (or any?) mountain ranges, but this show seems to be acting as though Texas is like Colorado, with the same topography.

Granted, again, I've not been all over the western section of the state (is that where they are?) except driving through it once when I was around six years old, so maybe there is terrain that could keep these people separated, but I am kind of doubting it.