Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E07: AKA The Double Half-Wappinger

Jeri is so desperate now that she is representing Sallinger in hope to drum up buzz.  And that seems to be what will finally drive Malcolm over the edge.   Alrighty, then.

Halfway through the season now and Jessica gets a small "victory" over Sallinger, so you know this just means he is going to ramp things up.  Have a feeling her taunting about Nathan/his first killer is going to blowback on her somehow.

Trish is "tipping" paparazzis so they can see her in action.  Whatever.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Sallinger seems to have bought himself protection, not just with Jeri (who should realize she's way over her head) but from "going public" against Jessica.  It was satisfying seeing Jessica throw him around on the map but again, stupid on Jessica's park.

I always like when these shows hit the road so I enjoyed the road trip.  I liked how the sheriff ultimately appreciated what Jessica did.

• Love 7

Has Jeri really not learned her lesson about trying to use psychos for her own means?! And her getting all offended by him throwing Jessica under the bus with his "take back the night crazy feminists" story was hilarious. Like, the guy killed multiple people, cut their bodies up, and put them in a massive tank, this is clearly not a person who you can count on. I also kind of laughed at him throwing in his whole men rights act because it "plays well to the base" whatever the fuck that means for a guy who has no base to speak of. Did the show just realize that this guy was not subtly enough the personification of some feminist issue, and need him to just look at the camera and tell us? 

I liked the whole trip to his home town, and finally getting one over on that piece of crap. That poor dead kid and his parents. Does killing your rival make you a "cheater" too, dickhead? And that whole the Sheriff was a jerk to Jessica at first, she did come around when she saw that Jessica did actually help. 

All this prejudice against people with powers, like all people with them are inherently sketchy and up to no good, is hilariously stupid in the MCU, where powered people have saved multiple lives and the world itself multiple times in highly publicized incidents. So next time a super powered alien monster shows up and starts eating people, will you still hate people with powers so freaking much? 

So Trish purposely set up a photo op of her doing flips and shit to get herself some attention, because she got jealous that the Sheriff thanked Jessica for helping, and not her, which is clearly what she was referring to in the car. Really just continues the theme that Trish cares less about helping people and more about people calling her a hero and forgetting about the Patsy stuff while getting to brag about how awesome she is and basking in attention. Not sure that how its supposed to work, Trish. 

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Has Jeri really not learned her lesson about trying to use psychos for her own means?!

I said the exact same thing to my hubby when we were watching.  Like, dealing with Kilgrave taught her NOTHING?!  She deserves to die a horrible death.  I'm sorry but that's the point I'm at with her.

• Love 9

So Trish purposely set up a photo op of her doing flips and shit to get herself some attention, because she got jealous that the Sheriff thanked Jessica for helping, and not her, which is clearly what she was referring to in the car. Really just continues the theme that Trish cares less about helping people and more about people calling her a hero and forgetting about the Patsy stuff while getting to brag about how awesome she is and basking in attention. Not sure that how its supposed to work, Trish. 

That was yet another Trish "ME ME ME" moment.

• Love 2

I don't expect this to happen but I would kind love it if the Geri representing Sallinger storyline only lasted 10 minutes because Jessica theeatens to report Geri to the Bar association. I mean I am no lawyer but it seems like a massive conflict of intetest for Geri, who has served as Jessica'a lawyer, to be representing a guy accusing her of framing him.

On 6/26/2019 at 11:19 AM, benteen said:

That was yet another Trish "ME ME ME" moment.

I used to really like Trish, even last season, but I really hope that this attention grabbing shit totally blows up her life and makes her a tabloid target worse than being a trainwreck child star did.

• Love 3

The minute Kith's husband mentioned Jeri and superpowered individuals you knew she'd somehow be in Salinger's side.  Will that be her undoing?

Salinger is interesting, it just feels like he wandered in from a different show.

Also, being involved in a high profile issue, which involves (alleged) murder... it took me a brief moment out of the show... but would he have been allowed to tutor/train the kids? I'm familiar with my area... so... off to Google. 

Of course creepy Sallinger buried his BFF in his own parents' backyard. I felt for Jessica when the mother said that the various investigators just bring more pain and Jessica said that it's harder not knowing what happened to your family.

I'm so tired of Sallinger's smug ass so as ill advised as it was for her to fight him in front of a room full of witness (who were recording the entire thing), it felt good for her to toss him around. Bonus: the kids cheering as she did it!

I initially hoped that Jeri took on Sallinger as a client as a way of secretly helping Jessica and the police take him down, but nope, just Jeri being Jeri.

With Trish, it's one step forward and five steps back. Just when I thought she was getting to a better place with herself and her relationship with Jessica, she revealed her true motives. This isn't about doing the right thing (as she likes to keep telling Malcolm). She wants people to look at her differently. Ugh.

I continue to love Gillian!

• Love 2
On 6/24/2019 at 4:00 PM, tennisgurl said:

So next time a super powered alien monster shows up and starts eating people, will you still hate people with powers so freaking much? 

Super powered alien monsters are more expensive CGI, so they'll call the Avengers for that, while the "street level" heroes sit it out.  I really would have liked to have seen Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Iron Fist, Quake, etc. in the final battle for Endgame, but whatever.

When Sallinger was complaining about Jessica being a cheater and not earning her abilities, I really wanted Jeri to point out that she had put in the work to learn her detective skills.  She's not completely defined by her powers.  I get the feeling having Jessice throw Sallinger around for the cameras was part of his plan, but we'll see.  Trish's hubris and glory seeking will probably backfire too.

• Love 3
On 6/22/2019 at 8:58 PM, Slovenly Muse said:

I don't care what sort of negative consequences it sets off, Jessica casually tossing that pathetic psycho around the mats in front of his cheering students was my EVERYTHING. "Guess I lose." BAM!

That scene made no sense to me, except to serve as a cathartic release to viewers. Sallinger was never going to out wrestle Jessica, based on strength alone. So basically he goaded her, and she fell for it, and yay, she threw him around as anyone would expect. I figured he would have hidden cameras to capture it and claim she was mean to him. Also, why did his students cheer? From what we saw, he seemed to be a decent teacher. He provided advice calmly, and he had a lot of kids in the class. So a powered person throws their teacher around and they ... cheer? This whole season has been like this. Trish's slow-burn powers is another example. If you want that scene to make sense, at least show Sallinger making cutting, hurtful remarks to the kids as he instructs them. 

Spoiler

You have to recall that at this point Luke and Jessica are basically considered superheroes to midtown and the bronx.  Their story had been told. They aren't wasting any time