Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E10: AKA Hero Pants

So, it was Trish that killed the dirty cop, but naturally the cops suspect that it was Jessica and she's now arrested.  That's pretty much how the Jessica/Trish relationship seems to go this season.

Looks like all of this stuff with Jeri and her ex is leading to her hiring/bribing Trish, in order to help her.  Yeah, not really a good use of time.

Malcolm has ended his relationship with the lawyer whose name I haven't bothered to remember and is now getting it on with Erik's sister, whose name I also haven't bothered to remember.  Fascinating!

• LOL 1
(edited)

I'm confused. Are Trish and Eric working together? How else would Trish know about the real estate guy? And this would also explain why he doesn't get the headaches around her (i.e. he actually does get the headaches around her but doesn't tell Jess about it because he knows why he's getting the headaches around her). But then he seemed shocked when he went into the trailer so was it just a total coincidence that he was there at the same time? But then, like I said originally, how would Trish know about him?

Edited by Samwise979
  • Love 1
On 6/23/2019 at 11:31 PM, Samwise979 said:

I'm confused. Are Trish and Eric working together? How else would Trish know about the real estate guy? And this would also explain why he doesn't get the headaches around her (i.e. he actually does get the headaches around her but doesn't tell Jess about it because he knows why he's getting the headaches around her). But then he seemed shocked when he went into the trailer so was it just a total coincidence that he was there at the same time? But then, like I said originally, how would Trish know about him?

Maybe she saw the files in his apartment? If they're both connected to him. I didn't know who she was beating. It looked like Eric might be next, since she partly blamed him for her mother's death.

37 minutes ago, Anela said:

I didn't know who she was beating.

I think that was the real estate (?) guy whose file Jessica found in Erik's closet. It was definitely made to look like there's a possibility that Trish and Erik are working together, but as Trish has a history of finding her marks via snooping through other people's things, it could be circumstantial that they were both there at the same time. To me, that scene could either read as Erik staking out the bad guy and coming across Trish already getting "justice", or that they were working together to take him down and Erik was just surprised at how violent Trish got.

• Love 4

I love how Jessica dressed up for Dorothy's funeral by changing into her nice jeans. Still having holes at the knees.

I know she couldn't stick around, and, even if she could, she wouldn't have done it, but I would have liked to hear Jessica's eulogy. She wouldn't have let the mourners stop her from saying what she really felt.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Loandbehold said:

I love how Jessica dressed up for Dorothy's funeral by changing into her nice jeans. Still having holes at the knees.

Heh, that gave me a chuckle too.

I'm confused too. Erik looked surprised to see Trish, but he was standing out there for a while. The cop also said to Erik last time that it was a mistake to let him see Erik's face. So maybe he asked Trish to make him forget and it got too far. 

Credit to Jessica for figuring it out though. 

I'm curious about the headaches too. He gets headaches from bad people. Trish actually thinks she's doing the right thing. So maybe not? 

• Love 1
On 6/27/2019 at 12:23 PM, Loandbehold said:

That was great, I loved Jessica's nicer black jeans and jacket outfit! Gotta class it up! I did like Dorothy funeral, and seeing that while Dorothy was an awful mom to both Jessica and Trish, she did have some moments of decency, she did actually give some of her clients good advice and encouragement, and that picture that Jess accidentally took was a very sweet idea. 

Too bad Trish is a murderer now and Jess is going to be taking the wrap for now. She is going so far off the deep end we can hardly even see her falling anymore. So now Jeri is going to hire Trish to beat up that guy (good thing he is conveniently a wife beater and not just some stubborn guy!) and that is going to FINALLY bring these plots together.

• Love 1

Man I really do not give a shit about Geri's storyline with her former lover. It is super boring. I als don't really get the point if it, since Geri has a lot of other stuff going on so it is not like Carrie-Anne Moss needs this storyline to give her screen time.

• Love 2

A friend of mine had a super organized mom who died of cancer. She planned her entire funeral service from the passages that would be read to the songs that she wanted. Although it sounds like a control freak thing to do, after she died I realized what a kindness it was to relieve her husband and son of having to make a million decisions while they were grieving (especially after I saw the aftermath of other people's deaths where the families struggled to make all of these decisions together). Although Dorothy was a huge pain in the ass in life, I fully approve of her making most of the funeral decisions ahead of time.

Ha, I totally laughed when Jessica was going through her old ticket stubs. Nine Inch Nails, Jane's Addiction, and the Smiths seem on brand for her.

I really felt for Jessica and Trish. As much as it hurts to lose someone you love, sometimes it hurts more to lose someone like Dorothy who you love AND hate. There's an extra layer of guilt and resentment for part of you hating them. As much as Dorothy claimed to love Trish, she was an abusive alcoholic stage mother.

So much for Trish having Jessica's back if she's killing people and letting the police think that Jessica did it.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I really felt for Jessica and Trish. As much as it hurts to lose someone you love, sometimes it hurts more to lose someone like Dorothy who you love AND hate. There's an extra layer of guilt and resentment for part of you hating them. As much as Dorothy claimed to love Trish, she was an abusive alcoholic stage mother.

I remember when a casual friend of mine lost her older brother who had always been, frankly, a dick to her their entire lives. She was talking about trying to work through her emotions because she couldn't really understand feeling so sad that he was gone (she was in her 50s at the time, and they hadn't really been in touch for years, so it's not like he died really young or anything). I pointed out that she was probably grieving as much for the brother she would never have as much as the brother she actually lost, and that was her 'Aha!' moment. She was able to work through the grief and move on.

It's really a terrible position to be in. 😞

• Love 1

Well, we did Jessica show some emotion over her step-mother being killed (if that's what she was crying about - it could have been the total of everything going on.  Like she said - "It's a lot").

Other than that, all I have to say is that this is some depressing shit.