S10.E03: Archer: 1999 -- The Leftovers

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

(edited)

"Who am I, Santiago Calatrava?!"

"The food?! But that's what we eat!"

"Rocks don't have moms! Unless you count volcanoes."

"It's marinade!"

Now THIS episode felt the most like classic Archer. Krieger wanting to experiment on the eggs is classic him, as was Carol getting VERY turned on by the thought of everyone tearing each other apart. Plus, Archer and Lana just doing it, while acknowledging that Lana is also doing Cyril. I liked that it was all due to the eggs unleashing everyone's deepest desires. Pam wanted to be a leader, Archer & Lana wanted to bone, Cyril wanted to do nothing (mood), and Ray wanted to write a Hamilon-esque musical about the Teapot Dome Scandal.

It was great to see Brett again. And then he died. Again.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

"Well, Brett died as he lived. Suffering because of something those idiots did." Normally, I'd blame Archer, but Carol launched Benedict the Sixarmdadillo (shut up, I think that's clever) and the eggs into space. Poor Brett. Didn't even get a "GOD . . . DAMMIT, ARCHER!!!!!"

Looks like the Seamus crew doesn't need Bort, Barry-6, or any other reimagining of a nemesis (we haven't seen Conway Stern in forever). All they need are addictive eggs that compel them to seek out their bliss. That includes Archer and Lana banging. A lot. And like the "regular" continuity, it probably wasn't healthy for either of them. Carol(?) probably harmed herself less breaking out the streamer of glue.

According to the AVClub review (A-minus), Adam Reed didn't write the episode. Maybe he needed to practice Ray's murdering of a piano? The results came out good, though.

• Love 3

Usually Archer picks up during the third episode but I didn't find anything funny about it at all.  Well, maybe the Teapot Dome Scandal stuff but that's it.  Disappointing season so far.

I want a Teapot Dome Scandal musical!!!!!

This episode reminded me a bit of "Vision Quest", where they're stuck in the elevator and things just keep getting weirder.

13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Looks like the Seamus crew doesn't need Bort, Barry-6, or any other reimagining of a nemesis (we haven't seen Conway Stern in forever). All they need are addictive eggs that compel them to seek out their bliss. That includes Archer and Lana banging. A lot. And like the "regular" continuity, it probably wasn't healthy for either of them. Carol(?) probably harmed herself less breaking out the streamer of glue.

I was thinking the same thing, all we need is our little group of idiots torturing each other and I'll be happy. 

Kreeger and his space goo.

Honestly I would totally watch a rock/rap opera about the teapot dome scandal. Although, that western union show? His name is train! It writes itself!

Who needs villains when these merry band of idiots can easily destroy themselves with their own bullshit and dysfunction?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, mammaM said:

This episode reminded me a bit of "Vision Quest", where they're stuck in the elevator and things just keep getting weirder.

This episode reminded me of the Star Trek episode "The Trouble With Tribbles."

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, ganesh said:

The Teapot Dome opera was inspired!

I liked that Carol snuck in a 'so say we all.'

Hope that Ray gets to write his Teapot Dome Opera

Also what other scandal did Archer say that Ray should've written about instead of Teapot Dome?