Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E07: Gwendoline Christie, Luke Evans, Peter Crouch, David Walliams.

• Start Topic

Guest host Jack Whitehall welcomes Star Wars and Game of Thrones star Gwendoline Christie, currently playing Titania in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Beauty and the Beast actor Luke Evans talks about new comedy film Murder Mystery, footballing great Peter Crouch talks about his book How to be a Footballer plus best-selling author and comedian David Walliams. With music from Sam Fender.

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I wonder why they didn't just postpone things a week while Graham is involved with Eurovision.

I'm going to guess it was because The Last Leg began a run of new episodes last night and they didn't want to schedule a rerun against that.

I thought that was quite charming - Whitehall did a good job and the people on the couch seemed to genuinely get along. How fun would it be when next time Whitehall takes over the new Batman movie premieres 😉

• Love 2

I liked how giddy Jack Whitehall was about hosting, though I thought he bounced from guest to guest a bit too quickly in the beginning. It was probably nerves, as he did settle down.

I loved how Jack misunderstood Hugh Jackman for "you, Jack" as a weird crush. (If Hugh Jackman is a weird crush, someone has comprehension issues.) I also liked that the show punked him with the Big Red Chair story. Hee.

• Love 5
On 5/25/2019 at 4:13 PM, dubbel zout said:

I loved how Jack misunderstood Hugh Jackman for "you, Jack" as a weird crush. (If Hugh Jackman is a weird crush, someone has comprehension issues.) I also liked that the show punked him with the Big Red Chair story. Hee.

If my ears weren't deceiving me, the woman in the audience actually did say "you, Jack." I think Peter Crouch was just playing a joke on him, but it did end up being funnier that way. (Of course I don't think it's a particularly weird crush if I'm correct either; he's pretty cute, hilarious, and seems like a nice enough person overall.)

• Love 3

I think all the chants that footie fans come up with for their players are so much fun. Sometimes I wonder if it might be worth going to a live game to hear them. And then I remember it's soccer. 😄

• LOL 1
On 5/19/2019 at 11:45 AM, lb60 said:

Graham's show introduced me to Jack Whitehall, and I love him.

Same for me.  I find him just dreamy, and I can't think of a single other person I think of as dreamy.  Handsome and charming and just a little extra oomph.

• Love 3
On 5/19/2019 at 12:45 PM, lb60 said:

Graham's show introduced me to Jack Whitehall, and I love him. I'm very much looking forward to the show.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:03 PM, StatisticalOutlier said:

Same for me.  I find him just dreamy, and I can't think of a single other person I think of as dreamy.  Handsome and charming and just a little extra oomph.

Same here.  He's just so charming and adorable.  I just finished Good Omens last week, and people commented that he was too Jack Whitehall and they thought he was too good looking for the part, but I thought that he did a great job there too, although a hidden 12 year old part of me did keep squeeing the whole time he was on screen.

• Love 4

I finally got around to watching this one. There were some moments I enjoyed, but overall I didn't particularly like it. I usually like Jack Whitehall quite a lot, and I suppose he did all right as the host here, but I would never watch a chat show with him as a host. Graham Norton is what makes his show. He brings out the best in guests plus he's wonderful on his own.

One of the many things Graham does so well is naturally introduce a predetermined anecdote that a guest will then tell. When Jack tried to do this, there was nothing natural about it.

Anyway, I suppose overall the show was fine, but I sure did miss Graham.

• Love 1
On 7/12/2019 at 10:07 PM, peeayebee said:

One of the many things Graham does so well is naturally introduce a predetermined anecdote that a guest will then tell. When Jack tried to do this, there was nothing natural about it.

Actually, I kind of cringe when Graham does this, because it so often seems like the guest doesn't know what he's talking about, or pretends not to know.  It seems awkward to me.

• Love 2