Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E24: End Game

• Start Topic

Episode description from Googling "Law and Order SVU season 20 episode 24, End Game"

When a teenager is found dead in the Hudson River, Lt. Benson suspects Rob Miller is behind the mysterious death but can't prove it; despite having only circumstantial evidence, ADA Stone takes the case to court before Miller can destroy more lives.

This description is from "All Things Law and Order, End Game"

SEASON FINALE – When a teenager is found dead in the Hudson River, Lt. Benson (Mariska Hargitay) suspects Rob Miller (guest star Titus Welliver) is behind the mysterious death but can’t prove it. Despite having only circumstantial evidence, ADA Stone (Philip Winchester) takes the case to court before Miller can destroy more lives. Also starring Ice T, Kelli Giddish and Peter Scanavino. Also guest starring Callie Thorne (Nikki Staines), Jillian Rose (Attica Staines), Aida Turturro (Judge Catano) and Richard Kind (William Biegel).

• Love 1

I have a feeling this is going to be like a couple of other episodes from this season. They have great plots, but they should have been two or maybe three part episodes.

I just hope the story line here is more original than it's title.

• Love 2

I’m not really excited for this one, I don’t care for “super villian” storylines and that seems to be where they are going with Miller, and I’m really disappointed that Stone’s final episode will be all about St Olivia and an “it’s personal” case for her, I’m afraid Stone’s exit will be entirely about her. I will miss Stone and I will be very disappointed if he turns into Benson’s bitch the way Barba did.

I could be wrong, I didn’t expect to like last weeks episode but it was a good episode, so maybe I will be wrong. But I’m not getting my hopes up. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m not really excited for this one, I don’t care for “super villian” storylines and that seems to be where they are going with Miller, and I’m really disappointed that Stone’s final episode will be all about St Olivia and an “it’s personal” case for her, I’m afraid Stone’s exit will be entirely about her. I will miss Stone and I will be very disappointed if he turns into Benson’s bitch the way Barba did.

Possible scenario: We lose Stone and "it's personal " for Benson. I'm thinking they take down Miller, and he tries to have Benson taken out after the verdict, but Stone takes a bullet for her and we lose Stone?

Haven't most of the courtroom scenes from other episodes that Stone was prosecuting with mostly circumstantial evidence, weren't they sort of lacking in quality? I wonder if we can expect the same here?

• Love 1

I don’t see them killing off Stone, since they killed off his father and sister last year. I’m more worried that Stone will cross the line in trying to take down Miller and will be forced to leave as a result, and it will be all about how St Benson changed Stone and made him into a new person the way Barba’s last scene was.

I’m disappointed Stone is leaving, and I’m disappointed that his final episode will be an “it’s personal” case for St Olivia. I’m also disappointed that McCoy didn’t appear this season, with Stone leaving I would like a final scene between him and McCoy, but he won’t be appearing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Xeliou66 said:

I’m also disappointed that McCoy didn’t appear this season, with Stone leaving I would like a final scene between him and McCoy, but he won’t be appearing.

So true, that was a BIG MISS with an opportunity like that. Was it a money issue, a possible getting upstaged thing or it wasn't considered at all?

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, dttruman said:

So true, that was a BIG MISS with an opportunity like that. Was it a money issue, a possible getting upstaged thing or it wasn't considered at all?

I have a feeling a mix of the 3. I have a feeling the writers have forgotten McCoy exists, given how they haven’t even mentioned his name this season, not even when Stone was on the phone with “the DA” in the season premiere, they couldn’t even be bothered to say his name. It’s too bad though because it was McCoy who got Stone to come to New York and I love the connection Stone has to the Mothership and I loved seeing him and McCoy interact last season, so it’s a major disappointment that they didn’t get Waterston/McCoy to appear for a final scene with Stone. 

• Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, dttruman said:

Benson's fan club will come back with, that list is more from an international collection than America collection.

Okay, that's fair, although S. Epatha Merkerson (as Lt. Anita Van Buren of Law and Order) made the list.  Law and Order SVU airs in Latin America, Australia, New Zealand , Latin America, the UK. 

But here from TV Guide:

The Top 12 Female Cops of All Time

Olivia Benson places 12th out of twelve.

And not at all trying to start any back and forth with Olivia's fan club.  To each their own, YMMV and so forth.  

Edited by observer
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, observer said:

And not at all trying to start any back and forth with Olivia's fan club.  To each their own, YMMV and so forth.  

I am just a little surprised that Cagney or Lacy wasn't mentioned

• Love 6

It looks like the Feds drop their charges against Miller, so they have to rely on Benson to get Nikki Staines to testify against Miller. So were in for a lot of Benson's whispering tonight.

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Chermunchin included "I did it all for you Liv" in a tweet promoting tonight's episode.

My worst fear, Stone's departure will be all about Benson.

I'll need booze tonight.

That’s my concern and prediction: Stone will cross the line in trying to take down Miller because of pressure from Benson, as a result Stone will lose his job, and yet he will thank Benson for making him a better person and worship at her altar. This will be after an hour of St Olivia taking it personally, whispering and making overly dramatic expressions, with Rollins supporting her. Fin and Carisi will be window dressing. Let’s see how many of my predictions come true.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:
1 hour ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Chermunchin included "I did it all for you Liv" in a tweet promoting tonight's episode.

My worst fear, Stone's departure will be all about Benson.

I'll need booze tonight.

That’s my concern and prediction: Stone will cross the line in trying to take down Miller because of pressure from Benson, as a result Stone will lose his job, and yet he will thank Benson for making him a better person and worship at her altar. This will be after an hour of St Olivia taking it personally, whispering and making overly dramatic expressions, with Rollins supporting her. Fin and Carisi will be window dressing. Let’s see how many of my predictions come true.

Thank God, it's only an hour long episode considering what is in store for us viewers tonight.  Your prediction sounds like a slight derivative of what happen to Barba. But since originality has been lacking much of this season, I would say you are spot on.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, MrsRafaelBarba said:

A Stone centric episode for Phillip as a parting gift was clearly asking too much.

Whatever benefits Hargitay and/or Benson is always the primary goal for this show. IMO, Hargitay already threw out a bone this season and that was to Ice-T for the "Diss" episode.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

I wonder if they're gonna implicate Stone somehow? Remember how they were implying he was a sex addict? 

Sounds like Miller is setting Benson up for some paranoid delusions.

(edited)

I think that is why Stone gets upset with Benson a lot. In that little meeting in her office, "things always has to be her way". If she would have told him about the "Noah" incident, she wouldn't be so paranoid and think everyone is against her. Now it looks like she is mad at him because he is holding something back now. Benson is so hypocritical.

Edited by dttruman
  • Love 2
(edited)

We had a brief, shining moment of Stone telling Benson he wasn't just going to do what she asked, before it all went Olivia's way, because of course it did.

Fare thee well, Peter Stone.

Edited by auchic
Hit post too early
  • Love 8
Just now, MrsRafaelBarba said:

Oh no, Nikki is a witness for the Defense.

Goodbye Law Career, this tops Barba mercy killing a sick baby.

Is this part of Stones master plan?

Sorry to the fans here, but...of all the Law & Order shows in the big franchise, I cannot believe this will be the one to break the record held by Gunsmoke. Good Lord.

Ben Stone is mortified in the Great Beyond.

• Love 12
(edited)

What the fuck kind of exit is that?! I mean, I missed Barba’s but I’m simply stunned on how bad this was done.  The writing, the blank stares, his delivery...

Seriously, did Philip run over someone’s pet to get this for an ending?

Edited by mtlchick
  • Love 19

Welp. That sure was an ending. 

So is everyone who leaves the show contractually obligate to tongue bathe Benson? She "sees cases with an open heart" my ass. That is some high class bullshit, right there.

• LOL 3
  • Love 19
(edited)

Wow, this is beyond awful...

Titus Welliver must really feel like he is slumming it on this show after starring in the vastly superior  Bosch.  Maybe he just wanted to play a bad guy.

Edited by gaucho91
  • Love 9

That ending made me want to toss my cookies!! BLECCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!!

Worse than the Barba exit.  They've reached a new low!  And you need a shovel to get to the bar.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12