Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Pawnee City Hall

Everyone's here, a place to chat

The Small Talk topic is for:
•   Introductions
•   Off-topic chatter
•   Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:
  1 Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about
  2 Look for an existing topic that matches or fits
  3 If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):
•   Character topics
•   Episode topics
•   Season topics
•   Spoiler topics
•   Speculation topics
•   In the Media topics
•   Favourite X topics
•   ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Generally Team Pancake but it's hard to pass up a good Belgian waffle. Although I can also be persuaded to join Team Benedict, Team Corned Beef Hash, and Team Biscuits and Gravy. 

Also Team Pancake (preferably with blueberries AND chocolate chips), but I'm a sucker for vegetarian biscuits and gravy when I find them.

Team Pancake, if I feel like having breakfast homemade (in that case, my husband makes them), but if I want waffles, there's this place in St. Louis called Melt that has nothing but waffles. You can get them done savory or sweet. I've only been there once, and I've had them done savory (I believe I had some sort of sausage gravy on them), and they were quite delightful. So, if you're ever in St. Louis, I highly recommend going there. I'd like to think Leslie Knope would approve.

Just wanted to let any 30 Rock fans among the P&R gang know that my request for a 30 Rock forum has been granted.  Come on over and reminisce about Liz, Jack, Tracy, Kenneth, Pete, Jenna, etc, etc.  Do you think Leslie Knope is a fan, too?  :-)  I love how supportive Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are to each other IRL.  And lurved their co-hosting of the Golden Globes.

(edited)

Team Waffle. Unless the pancakes are chocolate chip with a whipped cream smiley face. Does anyone else read this thread title in Leslie's computer voice? 

Edited by BoogieBurns
  • Love 1

I love breakfast food.  Twice a month we do breakfast for dinner, which usually consists of waffles or French toast (made with Challah or sometimes Brioche), scrambled eggs, and hash browns. Every once in a while we include smoked salmon. 

Anyway, back to the vote - I go with waffles. 

But come on Leslie - try the French toast!

I never answered the question myself:  my answer is Team Pancake, but there better be a nice stack of bacon with it.

I love that everyone has thrown in an opinion of Team Waffle vs Team Pancake, but I didn't mean for the WHOLE thread to be about it.

Here's something else to contemplate/ admit to : Has anyone actually called a librarian a "punk ass book jockey"? 

My local librarians are some of the most wonderful people I have ever met, so it's possible they actually watch P&R themselves. But I would not take the chance and call them "PABJs," just in case they wouldn't get the reference.

In one of the towns I used to live in, there were Evil Librarians, however, and I only wish I'd had the chance! (This was before P&R ever aired). It would have been a moment of glory I'd still be riding high on, all these years later.

I finally read the Parks and Rec chapter of Amy's book. It is so sweet. She writes a "love letter" of sorts to each cast member. Mike Schur adds his notes to this chapter, and the audiobook includes some banter between the two. 

I can't believe this book has gotten mixed reviews, it is so good. 

As P&R closes out its run, other sad news to report. I drove by Hazeltine and Burbank Blvd about a week ago.

The Pit is gone. It's a 2-3 story apartment/ condo under construction now.

Pour one out for The Pit!

Isn't that how The Pit ending up happening on the show? They wanted to build something and then they just left it there when the company went bankrupt? 

That still makes me sad, though.

Hello everyone.

I'm creating an educational video and I would like to insert some comedy scene taken from this and that.

I'd like to add the now famous Chris Pratt's "Wow gif" from Park & Rec, but I'd like to have it in HD. Does anybody know which episode is it taken from?

Thank you everyone.