Type keyword(s) to search

L.A.'s Finest - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Only available through Charter Communications' Spectrum cable service as a Spectrum Original.

The first three episodes of L.A.'s Finest will released on May 13, 2019.  The remaining 10 episodes of the season will then be released, every Monday, ONLY on Charter Communications' Spectrum cable service video-on-demand service.

L.A.'s Finest follows "Burnett, who last was seen in Miami taking down a drug cartel. She now has left her complicated past behind to become an LAPD detective. Paired with a new partner, Nancy McKenna, a working mom with an equally complex past, Burnett is pushed to examine whether her unapologetic lifestyle might be masking a greater personal secret. These two women don’t agree on much, but they find common ground when it comes to taking on the most dangerous criminals in Los Angeles."

3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Call Spectrum and wait for 20 minutes to talk to a rep. to find out where it is.   

Here's their website, at the bottom you can stream it with your regular sign in for Spectrum, so maybe it's only on devices besides your TV?  Or you go to the Watch TV button, and there's a way to get the show.     https://spectrumoriginals.com/

Thanks. I tried that (logging in), but I've spent so much time on the phone to Spectrum recently (cable troubles), that I didn't want to go that route. I had tried commenting on their facebook page for the show, but nobody responded, so I ended up deleting it.

23 minutes ago, Raja said:

When I went to the cable on demand menu Spectrum is in alphabetical order along with all the other networks.

So it's not my cable Spectrum, but its own channel? I guess that's why I can't find it. 

They certainly go the cheap route. A lot of time and money was spent on cast and the lighting. Much more dramatic care went into the leads backstories than the crime of the week.

I finally saw the first episode and thought is was fine. The only person I thought didn't really fit was the chief of police. Why would the step-daughter wear her credit card strapped to her thigh so that anybody in the world would know where she kept it and somebody might take it or at the very least take a picture of the numbers.

Up to episode 3 now and I have to say that I am liking it. The writing is very tight and there are no extraneous characters. The cases they work are very simplistic so all the exposition is focused on moving the main characters' stories forward. With no complications, you don't have to second guess the narrative, just let it carry you through the story line. I can imagine a story line that lacks twists, turns, and complications might bore some viewers, but as long as the plot remains internally consistent, without contradictions, I am totally fine with it.

I haven't watched this since that first night. I was thinking of getting rid of cable, but I've just remembered that Mad About You (the revival) is supposed to air later this year, on the same channel.

I just finished the first season. Disappointed at how they vwere overly exposed the two actresses to glam and action. There were a scene toward the end of the season where ernie Hudson held a shotgun and cock it and the camera linger on the shot for admiration/coolness effect while ernie pose with the gun. Too many unnecessary scenes and lines that doesn’t even flow together with the story telling. It’s really a waste of a talents when the writing and directing isn’t up to par. I finished watching the show because I like Gab Union. Too cheesy and less exploitation on the female characters please. You’re not doing them any favor by trying to make them look good and pretentious. 

• Love 1

Just finished the season, I think the main characters need more sexy scenes. Gabrielle Union was doing most of the heavy lifting, Jessica Alba needs to contribute as well. If they are not going to make the story compelling, at least give us some eye candy. I thought the police chief in the first episode was the weakest link and after that we never saw him again. I am sorry to see Jen go since she was supplying half of the sexy for the series. Maybe Season Two will be all about Jen and prostitution and Jen could get a lot of flashback scenes.

I’m on the fifth episode now and Union is still selling it. Alba I think I’d trying but just isn’t a good actress and can’t do anything with the shitty writing. Zach Gilford looks embarrassed to be there and as a result the actor playing his partner has to carry him through every scene. 

Just now, Avabelle said:

I hope not but I’m thinking it will? That kinda sucks though. As ridiculous this show is I was looking forward to the distraction.

Article says the 2nd season is coming out in June.

L.A.'s Finest 2nd Season on June 8th. It is 13 episodes. Three episodes will be released June 8, with a new episode every Monday afterwards.

Season two sees Burnett mourn the sudden loss of a friend, while McKenna must deal with the aftermath of Izzy’s kidnapping and the rift it has left in her marriage. But when a powerful crime wave in Koreatown threatens to destroy the community, Syd, McKenna, and the team must find those responsible before it’s too late.

Gabrielle Union and Jessica Alba talk L.A.'s Finest season 2, unveil first trailer

1 hour ago, Avabelle said:

The humour is as cringey as ever but what the hell im in..

So Nancy’s marriage is on the rocks, I wonder if they’re planning to write off her ready made family..

She is a Step-Mom so they told her to "Get To Steppin'!"

I’m mid-way through season 1. It’s not going to win any awards, but I’ve enjoyed watching so far. I definitely think we need more shirtless scenes from DA Captain Awesome. I could also do with a bit less of the rebellious daughter. Already looking forward to season 2  

Fox is planning to show season 1 as part of their fall schedule. 

We started Season 2. I liked the first episode. They seem to be carrying a lot of things over from Season 1 like McKenna and the DA’s marriage still having repercussions from what happened to Izzy and Syd dealing with what happened with Jen. 

Anyone else watching Season 2? It’s been really good so far. I think it’s better than Season 1. We finished episodes 7&8 today. 

Spoiler

I’m sad that McKenna and her husband are breaking up. I’m impressed that the show is willing to go there with the storyline. I’m sure the pressures of both of their jobs would be realistic and makes it tough to hold relationships. It’s good that the show had the couple trying to make it work, but failing despite their efforts.

Walker’s abduction by Winslow was powerful and I’m glad we got more back story about Walker and that the actor had an opportunity to shine. 

I’m surprised that they didn’t relate Winslow being former military back to McKenna since she was having flashbacks of that time at the beginning of the season. 

I’m looking forward to the remainder of the season and the resolution to the K-town boxing story as well as Syd finding out what happened to Jen.

• Love 1

We finished Season 2. So much happened in the last two episodes. 

Spoiler

It’s sad that they killed off Patrick. I was hoping that Nancy and Patrick would have a chance to grow close again after his incident of being drugged and filmed. Izzy has been through so much and it’s sad that she had to lose her dad too after losing her mom a few years ago. I’m glad she decided to stay with Nancy. It’s so interesting that Laura Leighton was on playing Izzy’s aunt since Laura’s husband Doug Savant was on the show this season as well. 
Syd was stupid to try to take the fall for Emma. I get why Syd felt bad for Emma, but in this case Emma would not have been in her right mind after being tortured and drugged. The court would have taken her state of mind into consideration about the shooting. There was no need for Syd to lie for her. 
The final episode set up for Season 3 seems like it may have some connections to Syd’s former life in Miami with the Cuban cigar being dropped by the guy in the black Ferrari after the explosion. Maybe payback for a former case?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Angeleyes said:

It’s so interesting that Laura Leighton was on playing Izzy’s aunt since Laura’s husband Doug Savant was on the show this season as well. 

I wonder if that's where they got the idea to cast her? Too bad they never had a scene together. That would have been a cute Easter egg.

• Love 1

I suppose there’s a chance FOX might pick it up since they already bought the rights to season 1&2, but it’s an expensive series to produce and it hasn’t had high ratings on either Spectrum or FOX. I think most networks are going to have more reality series that are cheap and safer to produce right now. FOX only picked this one up because it was already in the can so they didn’t have to pay to produce it and it had two known actresses and Jerry Bruckheimer’s names attached to it. 

I really wanted to like this show.  I guess I like procedurals more.  Way too much crap about their past and home family situations.  Just saw the third episode and deleted it before realizing, I don't even know if they solved this week's crime.  I was reading posts on this forum during the non-this-weeks crime stuff and never checked back.  I like my crimes neatly solved within the episode and not dragged through multiple episodes.  Realistic?  No, but I'm here for entertainment, not reality.

I'm enjoying the show. The writing isn't great, but I like that it is focusing on the characters. I do not like the Bens, so I wish the dumb competitions with them would stop. Within the first episode I had already figured out the big stories (and thanks forum buddies for confirming), so I'm really just along for the ride, and enjoying the casting of all the bad guys.