Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E17: The Third Estate

• Start Topic

Episode Description:

Red and the Task Force spring into action to stop an anti-capitalist terrorist group from kidnapping and torturing the children of the one percent. Meanwhile, Ressler goes behind Liz's back to find out what happened to her mother, former KGB operative Katarina Rostova

And who is going to read them their rights?  The attorneys will all be suspects too.

Okay, first off.  John-Boy, what kind of logic, save impenetrable, leads you to believe that if you refuse to pay a ransom, the kidnappers will release your son and never attempt another kidnapping?  Had you been watching All the Money in the World, or what?  And then you go and blame it on the FBI.  Well, that last sentence has some justification, though.  Apparently the office has the HRT on speed dial, but, instead, they choose to go into a ransom situation with two incompetent agents and no backup.  How about following the big giant SUV speeding away from the scene?

Shameless plug alert:  The woman in the cafe' is reading Just Fly Away, by Andrew McCarthy, who, not by coincidence, was the writer for this episode.

Spoiler alert:  Anyone who didn't guess that the young 'uns were in on it by halfway through, go to the back of the class.  But we still don't really know who the Third Estate is.

Of course, Navabi can talk himself into a house full of desperadoes by using the old cable guy routine, sans identification, of course.  But he gets sold out by the snippy daughter of Mr. Collector.  Shameless plug alert:  Mercedes Benz, the vehicle of compensators worldwide.

Reddington seems intent on stopping the Big Bad Ana Plan (I should work on a palindrome for that), but he's going through official channels.  What happened to the old, bullet in the head Reddington?

Brian Dennehey is ready for a comeback?

• LOL 2

I figured John Boy was in on the kidnapping when I saw his son was still alive. He's John Boy, after all, so didn't think he'd appear on the show for some minor role.

Grandma's new husband still seems to know more than what he's told Ressler.

Wish Dembe would just go ahead and tell Red that Liz turned him in. Not like anything is going to happen to her and he'd save others in the process. Longer he waits, the more likely Red will be mad at him. He has to realize Red won't do anything to Liz.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I was going to use his name from The Americans (Gaad?) but I couldn't remember it at the time.  Sorry, Richard.

Me, too, lol. All those years of The Americans and we always just called him "Agent John-Boy"... you'd think he'd know from incompetent FBI agents after all of that, though. 😉

• Love 2
(edited)

The Third Estate gets No. 126.  And that ranking is how stupid this group of entitled trust funders are on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Florida Man and 10 being a Youtube influencer who kills themselves falling off a cliff trying to get selfie.

And Ressler is off to the wilds of St. Charles, Illinois still looking for Katerina Rostova -- FFS !!  Give it a rest already.  No one cares.

I'm just surprised that John Boy from The Waltons is a member of the 1%ers -- oh noeessss !!!

I'm also surprised that Lizzie didn't pull out the "I can empathize with you as parents of a kidnapped child since I'm a mom too" nonsense.

What was with the stupid music while John Boy was at the location indicated by the 3rd Estate ?  It was really annoying.

Why did Lizzie just stop on the rooftop ?  Aram told her the spotter was headed for the other emergency stairwell -- you could see it in the background -- but Lizzie just stood there.

So, did the 3rd estate have plenty of these Judas Cradles ?  Or did they go back to the scene of the crime and retrieve the old one so they could use if for the next job ?  Because it seems like there was only one.  Wouldn't that have been difficult to covertly get around from place to place ?

Hey, it's Holling Vincoeur from Northen Exposure, playing the part of Katerina's stepfather.

How the hell did Ressler get back and forth to Illinois so quickly ?  He went back and forth, what, 3 times in this episode.

What is with the stupid paper maché masks ?  You gotta hate extortionists with a limited prop budget.

I'm not sure what the hell Anna McMahon is up to, or who she's working for -- and I really don't care at this point.

Dembe gets a timeout.    Yawn. It's all just so boring -- would someone please tell Reddington so he can kill somebody and we can move on already ?

These 3rd Estate trust funders get no sympathy from me at all.  So were all the kidnapped sons/daughters "in on it" ?  Noel Gerrick's daughter seemed to be.

Why would they even let Aram in the building if that was the lair of the super secretive 3rd Estate ?  The stupid, it burns.

Still no sign or mention of Agnes, the dogs, Grandma Scottie, or Robert Vesco's cat.  :)

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • LOL 2
8 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

how stupid this group of entitled trust funders are on a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being Florida Man and 10 being a Youtube influencer who kills themselves falling off a cliff trying to get selfie.

LOL, this is so good, I'm stealing it. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And Ressler is off to the wilds of St. Charles, Illinois still looking for Katerina Rostova -- FFS !! 

How did I miss this tidbit? I bought my van in St. Charles, the black tinted-windows stealth van, the one suitable for broadcasting while being driven repeatedly around the block.

12 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

I'm just surprised that Lizzie didn't pull out the "I can empathize with you as parents of a kidnapped child since I'm a mom too" nonsense.

WHAT? Lizzie is a mom? When did that happen?

18 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

The stupid, it burns.

LOL again. I'm stealing this one too. Thanks x2.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Hey, it's Holling Vincoeur from Northen Exposure, playing the part of Katerina's stepfather.

He was also David Greene on ER. Dr. Mark Greene's father.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

What is with the stupid paper maché masks ?  You gotta hate extortionists with a limited prop budget.

I thought that since the masks were made of newspaper it was a bit of a play on the Fourth Estate. But I've looked for reason in this show before and been wrong. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 4/20/2019 at 11:12 AM, morriss said:

Poor Richard Thomas- he will forever be known as John-Boy.......lol

He did look very good-he's 67.

On 4/21/2019 at 11:52 PM, ottoDbusdriver said:

So, did the 3rd estate have plenty of these Judas Cradles ?  Or did they go back to the scene of the crime and retrieve the old one so they could use if for the next job ?  Because it seems like there was only one.  Wouldn't that have been difficult to covertly get around from place to place ?

They were using a rack, and there was only one of them-weren't they in the same place with each "victim"? (Look up "Judas Cradle" if you want to see what that was for.

Why would they even let Aram in the building if that was the lair of the super secretive 3rd Estate ?  The stupid, it burns.

So the cable company wouldn't fine them!  It wold have made more sense if Aram had said that he had no interest in cutting off their illegally spliced internet access, but if they didn't let him in to do the new job, that's what he'd have to do.  They probably needed wifi to make their torture videos!

On 4/22/2019 at 12:14 AM, preeya said:

He was also David Greene on ER. Dr. Mark Greene's father.

And, more recently, Big Mike on The Middle.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, ItCouldBeWorse said:

They were using a rack, and there was only one of them-weren't they in the same place with each "victim"? (Look up "Judas Cradle" if you want to see what that was for.

They kept name-dropping Judas Cradle so often, I just figured that was some variation on the rack.

And it just seems weird that they would keep using the same location for each extortion scene, especially since the parents were the ones that released them from the rack after the money was paid. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

And it just seems weird that they would keep using the same location for each extortion scene, especially since the parents were the ones that released them from the rack after the money was paid. 

It does seem weird. Maybe the ransomed kids begged their parents not to go to the police for "fear" they'd be grabbed again?

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse

I think it would be nice if red finds out about Lizzie ratting him out, which will drag on for at least  dozen more episodes, then puts a bullet in her head.

Then he turns around and sees Dembe behind him right before D puts one in his head.  Show over!

• Love 1