Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Chapter Sixteen: Blackwood

• Start Topic

Ironically, Father Blackwood should be thanking Sabrina for saving his life.  If not for her actions last year, Prudence would have been eaten by the other witches and not alive to stop Ambrose.

Not quite sure why Zelda looked so put out when she was asked to walk behind her husband - surely she would have been aware of the tradition?

• Love 2

Okay, so, when Hilda poisoned what's her name, did she also bury her in the magic garden and bring her back to life or was that a serious murder? Because, in this universe, sending a ghost to bug someone doesn't seem like a reason you need to die.

I was sure that Blackwood was setting up Ambrose to take the fall when he put him in charge of guarding the Anti-Pope the night before the wedding. I was convinced that Blackwood would have the Anti-Pope murdered so that he could conveniently take his place and cast blame upon the Spellman family for the Anti-Pope's death.

It's been all too convenient that in just a matter of weeks, Blackwood released Ambrose from house arrest, gave him permission to be at the academy, made him a full time student at the academy so that he could be Head Boy, brought him into the secret Judas Society, and had him guard the Anti-Pope.

What is with the writers and using subject pronouns instead of object pronouns? In the previous episode, Ambrose was the guilty party. In this one, it was Lilith disguised as Edward Spellman (“[Blackwood] brought down the plane that killed your mother and I"). It's like nails on a fucking chalkboard to my ears.

A+ for casting Ray Wise as the Anti-Pope. Ever since Reaper, I always think every character he plays might be the devil.

Awwww, was Wardwell falling for Adam? Who can resist all those foot rubs?

I loved that Hilda's reaction to finding her 16 year old niece's half naked boyfriend in the bathtub was to tell him to put a shirt on.

Wow, Blackwood will stop at nothing to make women subservient, even if it means murdering the Anti-Pope.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

A+ for casting Ray Wise as the Anti-Pope. Ever since Reaper, I always think every character he plays might be the devil.

Even Marvin on Fresh Off The Boat? I actually haven't seen him in that many roles, so that's the only one that I could think of where he's not evil.

• Love 1
On 4/15/2019 at 5:02 AM, paulvdb said:

Even Marvin on Fresh Off The Boat? I actually haven't seen him in that many roles, so that's the only one that I could think of where he's not evil.

Well Marvin is a dentist so...

• LOL 2
On 4/15/2019 at 5:02 AM, paulvdb said:

I think he was in Fargo season 3(TV) where he was some kind of other worldy character in a bowling alley limbo place but not evil.

This showing really losing me. Cam the writers remember the plot from one episode to the next?

So Ambrose will never learn about the love potion? What about the witch found dead by a witches hunter in season 1? And then his parents. They really suggested there was something hinkcy with Luke.

Then Wardwell is back helping the devil even when before she was trying to get Sabrina to the path of light bc she was jealous?

Wardwell's human friend doesn't blink that she is a completely different person? How stupid is the guy? 

Almost as stupid as Sabrina maybe, but less irritating.

Lol. Sorry I don't normally hate watch. Just not quite ready to give up yet. So far watching just.for Wardwell and Hilda- loved Hilda killing that woman hee.

21 minutes ago, cleo said:

Lol. Sorry I don't normally hate watch. Just not quite ready to give up yet. So far watching just.for Wardwell and Hilda- loved Hilda killing that woman hee.

Wardwell, Hilda, Dr. Cerberus, Ambrose and Prudence were the only characters I liked. I didn't like Zelda, but I loved her style. 

The show could have been much better than it was, sadly. 

I couldn't stand Blackwood. He was just too ridiculous to take seriously and yet his misogyny should have been taken more seriously.

• Love 1