Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E04 Auditions Part 4

• Start Topic

Some pretty decent people overall tonight. It's always particularly interesting to see the ones who audition with original songs, especially as they get further into the competition and have to try stepping out of that genre/style a little more. 

I really wanted to like Anne Hathaway look-alike, Evelyn, but I didn't. I've heard the judges critique others about contorting their faces while singing, but nary a word to her? Also, i read on Twitter that she and her Spanish husband were on the tv show 90 Day Fiance, so i guess she's a reality show regular.

Edited by Blissfool
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I really wanted to like Anne Hathaway look-alike, Evelyn, but I didn't. I've heard the judges critique others about contorting their faces while singing, but nary a word to her? Also, i read on Twitter that she and her Spanish husband were on the tv show 90 Day Fiance, so i guess she's a reality show regular.

I was wondering how they would tell Evelyn's backstory. She was no a fan favorite on 90 day fiance. Her story was pretty dull, small town girl from NH marries a guy from Spain who thinks NH was boring The rest was the virgin story line. I was surprised she said she was 19 and married 1 year. There were people who were concerned watching her on 90 day because her husband was 26-27 and she was 18 but they had met when she was in Spain a few years before, making her 15ish and him 24..hmm Plus her dad is 38. If I did not know her 90 day story I would have thought her dad was her husband, he had the beard and look happy and friendly. Her husband was stiff and looked like he was dressed like Alex P Keaton. 

I would have liked Evelyn's audition better if I hadn't known her from 90 Day Fiance. She's not my least favorite person on that show, but she's up there. We've spent so much time on that board talking about her singing already so there's not that much left to say. My bottom line is that I actually like her voice, but it's so affected and she's so full of herself that it will be really hard to pull me over as a fan. 

1 hour ago, marketdoctor said:

I liked the dental hygenist--I suspect there's more to her story as well.

Yep. She's (Ashley Hess) one of my favorites, so far, but it's very hard to believe someone that comfortable on stage hasn't been gigging for years (since she's 27). Is she another Voice/AGT rejectee?

I also liked the very young Johnny Cash-ish country boy, although I doubt he'll survive Hollywood.

Don't care about the egg donor (who wears baggy capri overalls with blown out knees to an audition?) or dead husband stories. Returnee Alyssa was OK, but I wasn't that impressed with her last year, either. The Megan Fox look alike-I'm speechless at her advancing, she was awful.

Not a lot of  No diversity this episode, huh?

Looks like there are a couple of good male singers coming tonight (if you can believe previews).

So happy to see Evelyn Cormier last night!  Even happier that the judges loved her🤗!   I feel the way Katy Perry does about her voice.  She will go far in this competition I am sure!  She is such a kind, good hearted person and beautiful inside as well as out.  People need to remember that there is little to no “reality” on reality shows like 90 Day Fiancé.  When there is no drama, it is created.  “Scripted” is a word that comes to mind!  Love Evelyn and her music!  Can’t wait for next Sunday!  

20 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Honestly, she sucked. Plus I watched her in 90 day fiancée and she sucked there too.  I cannot stand her voice nor her personally...lol.  

13 hours ago, marketdoctor said:

I liked the dental hygenist--I suspect there's more to her story as well.
  (Also she looked like Christine Taylor from Dodgeball, which was bugging me until I connected that.  not her fault.)

She was my favorite tonight for sure!!

Edited by coconutpie
Typo
2 hours ago, koloagirl said:

So happy to see Evelyn Cormier last night!  Even happier that the judges loved her🤗!   I feel the way Katy Perry does about her voice.  She will go far in this competition I am sure!  She is such a kind, good hearted person and beautiful inside as well as out.  People need to remember that there is little to no “reality” on reality shows like 90 Day Fiancé.  When there is no drama, it is created.  “Scripted” is a word that comes to mind!  Love Evelyn and her music!  Can’t wait for next Sunday!  

Just no.  Her voice is not good. It's breathy and weird. I can't believe she went through. 

I liked the retirement home nurse. He's a bit of a fixer upper, but I thought he sounded great, and it helps that he picked a song I liked. I also liked Alyssa. I am glad she came back, but it's hard to accept that she is a returnee yet only 16. Imagine how much better she would be if she had waited another year?!?

I did not like the robot. Her voice was mediocre to terrible. I hope she is cut early. Keep getting straight A's sweetie - that will take you farther than this show.

I really hate the way the show is being edited with all of the cities mixed together. I preferred it when it was more linear with one city per episode.

Thank you to the mod who is still keeping these episodes separate forums. I don't always watch stuff when it is on, and it's hard not to get spoiled when there is only one giant thread........