Type keyword(s) to search

Matt and Caryn

• Start Topic

They both look so happy together. A lot of people are much better grandparents than parents. Seems like that is Matt's story for sure. With Caryn to do the grunt work though. Still it is the kids that benefit regardless. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, seasons said:

They both look so happy together. A lot of people are much better grandparents than parents. Seems like that is Matt's story for sure. With Caryn to do the grunt work though. Still it is the kids that benefit regardless. 

Exactly... Matt is taking to being a gramps like a fish to water... and Caryn is so good with them and really seems to enjoy her time with Jackson and Lilah and they're very comfortable with her.

I think it's sweet how much Jackson loves his time with grampa and cha-cha 👍

• Love 9
On 8/18/2020 at 10:20 AM, Picture It. Sicily said:

Caryn does the work Matt is unable to do but with that comes a lot of nice perks for Caryn.  Who knows maybe he pays her to be his assistant.  She gets a paycheck, travel and a lifestyle one would really like to enjoy.

I mean, you do understand that getting paid to pretend to be his girlfriend isn't portraying Caryn well, right? I mean, I watch the show. Matt says she's his girlfriend and they might be thinking of marriage. Is Matt really employing her as his nonsexual caregiver? Caryn is the sort of woman who will get on camera and lie to the public about how she's dating Matt when in truth, she's his paid servant? Matt lies to the public about how he's dating her? Why? Why would Matt need to lie about how he has hired Caryn to be his assistant/caregiver to where he's telling the world he's in love with her and she's his girlfriend? What *good* does this do and are all the kids privy to the "Caryn is really my paid companion" arrangement?

Personally I think Matt was having an affair well before he decided to separate from Amy. He was obviously checked out of the marriage years before, his locked office and control of the money, that Caryn was always acting as his girl Friday, Caryn's husband insisting her kid not be allowed on Roloff Farms as part of the divorce decree, the fact that Caryn and Matt theoretically "started dating" after the separation but were already talking investing money into a house together despite only dating for a few months... and I have to ask myself this. If Caryn is really just Matt's paid caretaker, why does Matt allow her to have any say in whether *she* will live in the big house? If he didn't cheat on Amy with Caryn, then there should be no issue on Caryn' part about moving into the big house.

But the really big indicator that Matt was cheating was that Amy said what she said in her book... and Matt didn't protest. Amy isn't exactly bright in my opinion, but she clearly has good legal representation. Her stating Matt was having an inappropriate relationship with the farm manager is libel if it's not true - and Matt's proven again and again that he is litigious. If Amy was lying, Matt could sue the hell out of her. And he isn't. 

He's not even denying it. And yes, if someone is accusing you of adultery and you are innocent, then there is no reason to sit silent and let the accusation stand. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Of course she slanted the story in her favor, that is what a person does who feels burned.  If he wrote the book the slant would have gone in his favor.  None of us will ever know the true story.  She did mention that she saw pictures that should not be shared between people who are just friends, what kind of pictures?  Now seeing a sample of those might tell the story and would be quite interesting.  Also, where did she see these things?  On his phone?  

Edited by LucyEth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Amy has always been the wronged one!  I'll like to read Matt's book but he's a gentleman and won't do that to Amy!

Amy showed nothing she found about Matt and Caryn in her book because there isn't anything to show!  Were they work friends yes.  Did they have laughs and joke around yes.  Nothing wrong with that.  Matt was so unhappy with Amy for years.  Who could be happy with her.  Surely no ambitious man.

We know you Amy. We've watched you for years.

Matt's tired of fighting with Amy.  There's no proof anybody did anything.  There is no court case on he said, she said!  The only ones that would win would  be the attorneys.

Matt's done with Amy and Amen!

• Love 10

If your theory that Matt has hired Caryn to be his paid companion is correct, then Matt has no problem lying to the public about very personal matters. I mean, where I come from it's not very gentlemanly to tell people you're in love with someone and want to marry them even though you're also paying them to hang around. Matt's no gentleman if he's making his employee lie on camera on how she wants to marry him.

Likewise gentlemen don't deride their wife on camera regardless of circumstance. Also - a real gentleman would offer no comment on Amy's book and instead "Gentleman Matt" is openly calling Amy a liar about *something* and of course moaning how hurt he is by the whole business that he's too much of a gentleman to be specific about. 

He's been accused of cheating by his wife with his long term employee that he had the lack of class to continue dating for several years while making his other employees report to his lover and girlfriend. FYI gentlemen don't date their staff and Matt openly states he's done just that with a big proud smirk how sexy he finds Caryn. 

He's been accused of adultery and won't deny it  despite being known to be litigious. Sorry, all he's doing is convincing me he knows he can't deny it.

• Love 7
41 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

If your theory that Matt has hired Caryn to be his paid companion is correct, then Matt has no problem lying to the public about very personal matters. I mean, where I come from it's not very gentlemanly to tell people you're in love with someone and want to marry them even though you're also paying them to hang around. Matt's no gentleman if he's making his employee lie on camera on how she wants to marry him.

Likewise gentlemen don't deride their wife on camera regardless of circumstance. Also - a real gentleman would offer no comment on Amy's book and instead "Gentleman Matt" is openly calling Amy a liar about *something* and of course moaning how hurt he is by the whole business that he's too much of a gentleman to be specific about. 

He's been accused of cheating by his wife with his long term employee that he had the lack of class to continue dating for several years while making his other employees report to his lover and girlfriend. FYI gentlemen don't date their staff and Matt openly states he's done just that with a big proud smirk how sexy he finds Caryn. 

He's been accused of adultery and won't deny it  despite being known to be litigious. Sorry, all he's doing is convincing me he knows he can't deny it.

More confirmation for me that he's a jackass.

• Love 6

I wonder if when they divorced Amy named Caryn.  If the affair were true, Amy is certainly the type who would have named her.  Again, IMO we will never know the truth, this is all speculation unless someone here is a good friend or family member who was right there while it was all happening.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I wonder if when they divorced Amy named Caryn.  If the affair were true, Amy is certainly the type who would have named her.  Again, IMO we will never know the truth, this is all speculation unless someone here is a good friend or family member who was right there while it was all happening.  

Oregon is a no fault state. They filed (jointly) under “irreconcilable differences”.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Oregon is a no fault state when it comes to divorce. Adultery would only come up in child custody situations - which Amy and Matt didn't have. In Oregon neither side has to prove wrongdoing to get a divorce under irreconcilable differences. 

Amy spelled it out in a book. It's libel if it's not true. Is Matt so much of a gentleman that he won't protest Amy stating the "farm manager" - who he says on national television that he loves, finds sexy, and is considering marrying - is an adulterous homewrecker?

I mean, sure, that recent scene last season where he sat on his ass and told Caryn he was busy "relaxing" when she was asking him for help with *his* grandson told me he treats women like trash, but people seem to think he's some sort of gentleman. What kind of man - who didn't commit adultery - allows his bitchy nasty ex-wife to call his current girlfriend out in writing as a cheating whore? I mean is that how he loves Caryn? Not enough to defend her innocence? What kind of a man treats his loved woman that way?

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

What kind of man - who didn't commit adultery - allows his bitchy nasty ex-wife to call his current girlfriend out in writing as a cheating whore?

Wow!  I didn’t read the book, but she actually used those words, named Caryn in the book and called her those names?

• Love 3

Nope. I admit to using the term cheating whore as a paraphrase. Amy said Matt was having an affair with the 'farm manager". Roloff Farms has only had Caryn in that role for the time Amy was writing about. I see no reason to assume Amy was talking about someone other than Caryn and if Caryn wanted to press forward with a libel claim she'd have an easy time proving Amy provided enough info for Caryn to be identified. No one is confusing Caryn with some other nameless manager at Roloff Farm. This is like how logically, if Matt says he's dating Caryn and Caryn says she's dating him, then Matt most likely isn't paying her to be his caregiver.

Amy's book makes it clear who Matt was messing around with while married and Matt isn't defending his farm manager who is now his girlfriend... if it's not true, how is he being the good guy for letting her take the hit?

• Love 6

If he sued, Amy would have to prove she hadn't committed libel.  She must have ample evidence and possibly even witnesses.  Matt would have sued if it wasn't true.  He's sued when knew his case was garbage.  

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Matt would have sued if it wasn't true.  He's sued when knew his case was garbage.  

This. Matt loves to sue. No way he sits on his hands and does nothing if he's genuinely innocent. He'd be suing and merrily rubbing it in Amy's face how right he was.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
29 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

What is he supposed to do? He can't prove a negative. Best to just totally ignore Amy like he is I think.

This reminds me of my best friend, she was so relieved to finally be away from and not have to deal with her troll of a husband that she settled up the finances with him as quickly as possible and didn't hang around squabbling over every chair, lamp, rug etc...she just wanted him to be gone from her life.. Period.

I think Matt feels the same.... I've never seen Matt so happy, he's excited about the future, maybe building a dream house, projects with Caryn, enjoying his grandkids and his life.... He probably feels like he just got out of the worst prison on earth. 😂

Amy is a negative little troll and Matt wants to keep her in his rear view mirror. 😲

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
21 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Why does anyone other than Amy even care?

Because they're on a reality show, they've been on it for 15 years, of course, we're going to be invested in this family. They profit from viewers, and Matt sold the family rights to TLC. People tear up about their dog passing away, the grandparents getting older, and the kids moving out. The show's whole purpose was to make people empathize with the lives of little people, because most of us don't know anyone like that.  

Am I supposed to get emotionally invested in some aspects and not question other issues in the show?

• Love 5

There's also the fact that Matt continually depicts himself as Amy's victim who never did anything wrong. Frankly he should be kissing her butt for keeping quiet as long as she did... and I suspect that was more for the kids than Matt.

I mean, the affair wasn't the only "wtf" moment in Amy's book. Matt invited people to live on the property, IN THE HOUSE, without asking her. One couple he let live on the farm not only screwed them over on installing some sort of underground pool Matt wanted but also had a baby in the barn... I mean really.

• Love 5
49 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Matt invited people to live on the property, IN THE HOUSE, without asking her. One couple he let live on the farm not only screwed them over on installing some sort of underground pool Matt wanted but also had a baby in the barn... I mean really.

Now that is something I’d like to know more about, I would read that section of the book, that’s sounds interesting.  I think Matt is just glad he is out of that marriage, therefore letting it all go pretty much unanswered guilty or not.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, LucyEth said:

Now that is something I’d like to know more about, I would read that section of the book, that’s sounds interesting.  I think Matt is just glad he is out of that marriage, therefore letting it all go pretty much unanswered guilty or not.  

I don't believe anything Amy has to say, of course she dumps on Matt every chance she gets.

Her book is all about how wonderful she is and how awful Matt is.. Big surprise coming from a bitter little witch that will say anything to make herself look like the victim.

Amy and her boyfriend are both living off of the show which Matt is responsible for.

She'd have no cookbook, or cooking videos or speaking engagements, or even her MAN if it wasn't for Matt.... It's obvious that her MAN loves his show income and all the publicity he gets for his real estate business..... I doubt that her MAN Chris would have given Amy a second look if it wasn't for the $$$$$ he's collecting.

Amy's an ungrateful little shit and eventually it will catch up with her.... The kids have been pretty transparent about who they prefer and it isn't Amy.  👎 💩 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
Just now, Joan of Argh said:

Her book is all about how wonderful she is and how awful Matt is.. Big surprise coming from a bitter little witch that will say anything to make herself look like the victim.

Have you read it? I ask because I have and aside from the endless go arounds on how she was painfully shy as a child - which dragged - it was mostly about Amy's health struggles and her growing up. Matt was towards the last third of the book and while it wasn't exactly complimentary, it also wasn't "and now the bitching". Particularly considering the reveal on Matt and "the farm manager" - it was pretty even handed in my opinion. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Nope. I admit to using the term cheating whore as a paraphrase. Amy said Matt was having an affair with the 'farm manager". Roloff Farms has only had Caryn in that role for the time Amy was writing about. I see no reason to assume Amy was talking about someone other than Caryn and if Caryn wanted to press forward with a libel claim she'd have an easy time proving Amy provided enough info for Caryn to be identified. No one is confusing Caryn with some other nameless manager at Roloff Farm. This is like how logically, if Matt says he's dating Caryn and Caryn says she's dating him, then Matt most likely isn't paying her to be his caregiver.

Amy's book makes it clear who Matt was messing around with while married and Matt isn't defending his farm manager who is now his girlfriend... if it's not true, how is he being the good guy for letting her take the hit?

Matt had an affair. It seems obvious. I guess I'm biased, but I feel how they tout their little relationship is gross and disrespectful, especially when she makes snarky comments about his children's mother on television. Why would she feel it's necessary if she was secure in her relationship and happy with Matt? I don't care if Amy is the most obnoxious hag on the planet. You never disrespect the kid's mother like that on television, especially if you're dating the ex-spouse.  Their mother may be a lot of things, but it's never your place to publicly say that.  If I were Amy's child, I'd pull a Mama Joyce on that woman and tell that "lowdown heifer" if she continues to be "cute," we're going to have issues. I'd pay to see Molly grab her "like a damn rag" and drag her up and down the street.

Caryn is a brown-noser and fake, and I don't find the relationship sweet or endearing. That old hooch is phony and disgusting. She has her nose so far up Jeremy, Audrey, Tori, and Zach's butts. What grown independent woman happily waits on a man like Matt's hand and foot, and gleefully takes care of his grandchildren (while she's busy), and is willing to adopt all of his hobbies. I'm guessing Molly and Jacob know what Caryn's about and want to stay far away from that concubine. 

I think Matt was unhappy and beat up in his marriage. Rather than separating from Amy, he got his thrills flirting with women and eagerly hoping for a response. Most of us, who've encountered these men in life, usually get uncomfortable and muster out, "Hahaha, you're a kidder. Get out of here." Most of the time, we're telling ourselves, "oh great, how quickly can I end this conversation." Good old opportunistic Caryn knew he was married, knew his wife, but wanted to secure her meal ticket. I'm sure she pulled the old "Hehe, you're a hoot! i'd love to have a drink with you tonight. you're such a wonderful guy, Matt. I can't understand why Amy treats you like that; I wish I had someone like you in my life!" Caryn's a middle-aged lady; she had to have an idea of what she was doing.

Meanwhile, Caryn was probably interacting with Amy regularly and knifing her in the back. This woman was her boss, a woman who probably considered her a friend, someone she trusted around her children. Caryn kept that job and smiled in her face, while Amy had no idea that Caryn was getting down and dirty on her knees every night like a common #$#@$ and pretending like Matt was some sex god.

I think Chris Rock summed this issue up best with, "a man is faithful as his options." Not all men, but Matt was easy pickings. If you show you're interested and play a docile, agreeable tool. Then you too can hook an unhappily married man. She was looking for a way up and found a fool that took the bait. I bet you, old Matt, is now helping support her kids and parents. The fact that her parents sold him a house shortly after they got together is weird. I've seen this before, the old fool comes to the rescue of the parents offering to buy their home above the value, and suddenly he's buying a lot of stuff the parents and family are selling. I'd bet you that the whole family has jumped on that gravy train, and Caryn will not leave his side until she feels financially secure. She knows Matt is weak and won't risk letting him be around another gold digger.   

Maybe I'm projecting or using transference, but don't we all. If you're above it, then good for you; find something more worthy to do with your time. I get bored during my downtime from COVID, so I watch Little People Big World, and occasionally vent and like to read people's rants on Amy and the kids.  However, I've been around a number of homewreckers in my life, in fact I have a couple in my family, and have been friendly with a number of them...  They all follow the same playbook, especially the ones that feel they're past their prime.  They are both chameleons and barracudas that will willingly engage in the most demeaning tasks to get and take what they want, but will pretend they're as sweet as honey to your face.  It's vomit inducing.  

Both Matt and Amy are fools. 

• Love 11

@Butterycup I concur with a lot of your post above. 

The way I saw it was Matt & Caryn we’re having an affair while she was working for him. Happens quite often. Amy was upset because she trusted Caryn as an employee and acquaintance. While I think Amy has “gotten over it” in a sense that she is enjoying her life with Chris more than she thought she would, it still stings because she interacts with Matt & Caryn socially a lot. 

Matt like a lot of cheating people knew what he was doing was wrong but doesn’t really care about how Amy feels (one of the reasons it was good they divorced). I’m not shocked by any of this but sexual infidelity doesn’t upset me as much as many people. I think our culture gives a lot of lip service to monogamy when most people aren’t monogamous- you’re just expected to keep it hidden. 

14 minutes ago, Butterycup said:

I think Matt was unhappy and beat up in his marriage. Rather than separating from Amy, he got his thrills flirting with women and eagerly hoping for a response. Most of us, who've encountered these men in life, usually get uncomfortable and muster out, "Hahaha, you're a kidder. Get out of here." Most of the time, we're telling ourselves, "oh great, how quickly can I end this conversation." Good old opportunistic Caryn knew he was married, knew his wife, but wanted to secure her meal ticket. I'm sure she pulled the old "Hehe, you're a hoot! i'd love to have a drink with you tonight. you're such a wonderful guy, Matt. I can't understand why Amy treats you like that; I wish I had someone like you in my life!" Caryn's a middle-aged lady; she had to have an idea of what she was doing.

Oh yeah both of them knew exactly what they were doing. It’s not like Caryn (or someone in that situation) didn’t know Matt was married and fell for him anyway (which does happen of course). When both people are cheating on their spouses it tends to go more smoothly because they understand the rules and one person is less likely to catch feelings and want to blow up their life. 

I love that Chris Rock skit by the way. 

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, Butterycup said:

I feel how they tout their little relationship is gross and disrespectful, especially when she makes snarky comments about his children's mother on television. Why would she feel it's necessary if she was secure in her relationship and happy with Matt?

This and the whole 'I'll never live in *that* house' routine from Caryn - if she hadn't done anything wrong, why would she have any feelings at all over the big house? And regardless of an affair or not, Caryn should take a page from Chris and just be politely noncommittal about the ex spouse - all Caryn's snarky routine does is convince people she's a bitch deep down.

33 minutes ago, Butterycup said:

The fact that her parents sold him a house shortly after they got together is weird. I've seen this before, the old fool comes to the rescue of the parents offering to buy their home above the value, and suddenly he's buying a lot of stuff the parents and family are selling. I'd bet you that the whole family has jumped on that gravy train, and Caryn will not leave his side until she feels financially secure.

I'm agreed that the buying of her parents home in Arizona is odd. I think all of the Roloffs kids are too cowed by Matt to really sit down and talk to Dad about where the money is going. But yes, her job is basically pleasing Matt and cajoling Matt. I think the only way Caryn leaves before she's married/financially secure with Matt is if Matt's health takes a dramatic down turn. I can't see her sticking around for that.

37 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Matt like a lot of cheating people knew what he was doing was wrong but doesn’t really care about how Amy feels (one of the reasons it was good they divorced). I’m not shocked by any of this but sexual infidelity doesn’t upset me as much as many people. I think our culture gives a lot of lip service to monogamy when most people aren’t monogamous- you’re just expected to keep it hidden. 

Matt bugs me with the whole divorce because Matt was constantly an asshole when he was asked about the *obvious* marital problems he and Amy were having - I was convinced it was ending in divorce in season two and everyone was seeing that handwriting on the wall by the time the twins were graduating high school and Matt very much was insisting the audience was "getting it wrong" and he and Amy were happily married. No, the audience didn't get it wrong, and Matt pretty much admits he was lying about *something* when he does his little routine where he talks about how he always felt unwelcome in his own home - during the time he was proudly noting how stupid the audience was to think he and Amy weren't happily married and how wrong everyone was. 

I would argue that affair or not - and I believe there was an affair - Matt was being intentionally disrespectful to Amy by making his next woman someone Amy knew and was friends with. It's also disrespectful and tacky to date his employee and to continue to employ her for a couple years, complete with getting his jollies planning meetings between his lover and his ex wife over the farm business he and the ex wife own together. And of course, Matt is always smiling and chuckling over these planned get togethers, it clearly never crosses his mind to be concerned about anyone's feelings - frankly, screw Amy, and call her a nasty bitch, I'm down, but did *Caryn*, the woman Matt loves deserve to be put through this sort of emotional abuse for Matt's amusement?

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s none of their business.

It is if Caryn sucks him dry and they have to take care of him.

I mean, I am sure no one would think well of the Roloff kids if Mat runs out of money because Caryn runs off with it and they don't support Matt financially after the event. They're also family - they can't force him to do anything but they can - if not too afraid of falling out of his favor - express concern about money deals with Caryn's family members, especially if Matt has the expectation that the family will always rally around him. If thats his expectation, that the kids will take care of him and his business, then they should express concerns if they have them.

But then - if I know the Roloff kids, the twins have no clue dad might not be making wise choices and the two younger have already exited the family drama.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

While I think Amy has “gotten over it” in a sense that she is enjoying her life with Chris more than she thought she would, it still stings because she interacts with Matt & Caryn socially a lot. 

I don’t think she’s over it at all, that is why I think eventually her relationship with Chris will go down the drain.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
56 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I don’t think she’s over it at all, that is why I think eventually her relationship with Chris will go down the drain.  

I disagree in that I think Amy is done with Matt over the endless "You got the big house in the divorce but when will you move out?" routine. I also think she's gotten a taste of what she was missing by being able to have fun with her friends and not constantly hearing how stupid her every thought is. However, that first year of separation? I think she would have gone back to him in a minute if he'd so much as hinted at being ok with it. She was clearly brought up to see being divorced as shameful and she would have done a lot to make it work.

Chris is a little bit of a mystery so I admit I do question whether he'll actually commit. I don't think he's after money, by all reports he's successful. He must see something in Amy and I can see where she could be fun to be around.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't believe anything Amy has to say, of course she dumps on Matt every chance she gets.

Amy and her boyfriend are both living off of the show which Matt is responsible for.

She'd have no cookbook, or cooking videos or speaking engagements, or even her MAN if it wasn't for Matt.... It's obvious that her MAN loves his show income and all the publicity he gets for his real estate business..... I doubt that her MAN Chris would have given Amy a second look if it wasn't for the $$$$$ he's collecting.

Amy's an ungrateful little shit and eventually it will catch up with her.... The kids have been pretty transparent about who they prefer and it isn't Amy.  👎 💩 

That's because Matt is awful. He always has been. Amy's far from a saint, but she's put up with a lot of mistreatment. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

I think she gave as good as she took

I think this is true of Matt as well. He's not an innocent victim who did nothing wrong. Matt himself on camera has stated he lied to his wife about money in order to make sure he got to do what he wanted with his projects. He dumped all chores regarding the children on her and then complained about how they were raised. He's a man who stated multiple times on camera that spending time with his family was a waste of his time.

Frankly to a point - they are both miserable nasty people. Matt only wins the crappy spouse crown because he was also a nasty ass to his kids and because he decided to cheat first and divorce later. 

• Love 9
On 9/4/2020 at 12:10 PM, Scarlett45 said:

@Butterycup I concur with a lot of your post above. 

The way I saw it was Matt & Caryn we’re having an affair while she was working for him. Happens quite often. Amy was upset because she trusted Caryn as an employee and acquaintance. While I think Amy has “gotten over it” in a sense that she is enjoying her life with Chris more than she thought she would, it still stings because she interacts with Matt & Caryn socially a lot. 

Oh yeah both of them knew exactly what they were doing. It’s not like Caryn (or someone in that situation) didn’t know Matt was married and fell for him anyway (which does happen of course). When both people are cheating on their spouses it tends to go more smoothly because they understand the rules and one person is less likely to catch feelings and want to blow up their life. 

I love that Chris Rock skit by the way. 

I think it also stings because she thought she'd be married to her grandchildren's grandfather and they'd all be enjoying the farm together.  It can be hard to reimagine the life you'd envisioned for yourself for 30 years.

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I think it also stings because she thought she'd be married to her grandchildren's grandfather and they'd all be enjoying the farm together.  It can be hard to reimagine the life you'd envisioned for yourself for 30 years.

And then add in the humiliation of your husband leaving you and it being filmed and displayed, complete with him going on how happy he is to dump her and how hot and sexy he now finds his employee who used to be Amy's friend, complete with Matt bringing his hot sexy girlfriend to family events at her home, obviously delighting in doing so.

Matt's always been a little too delighted to smirk with glee over how he enjoys forcing Caryn and Amy to interact on the farm and at family events. Assuming Amy is a nasty bitch - the fact that Matt loves to dump Caryn into Amy's prescence and chuckle over the mess he's made tells me a lot about his character. For sake of aguement - lets assume Amy deserves every shitty thing Matt does. Now tell me what Caryn did to deserve to be Amy's target? Thats how Matt treats someone he loves - he uses them and puts them in shitty situations for his own amusement and revenge. Thats why I don't think Matt is a great guy or a nice person. Call Amy a bitch who deserves it all you want but what did Caryn do to Matt to deserve his treatment of her?

• Love 6
On 9/4/2020 at 11:35 AM, LucyEth said:

Exactly, if she was actually over it and over the moon in love with Chris she wouldn't give a shit about Matt or Caryn. 

Amy acts like a jealous ex-girlfriend.

Right now Chris serves a purpose and they can both profit by allowing their wedding to be filmed.. In a recent video Amy is literally rubbing her hands together and snickering about how much TLC will have to pay for the wedding.

Eventually the TLC gravy train will end and it will be back to the real world... Once that happens Amy will drive Chris nuts within a year and he'll be gone. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

Exactly, if she was actually over it and over the moon in love with Chris she wouldn't give a shit about Matt or Caryn. 

Right now Chris serves a purpose and they can both profit by allowing their wedding to be filmed.. In a recent video Amy is literally rubbing her hands together and snickering about how much TLC will have to pay for the wedding.

Eventually the TLC gravy train will end and it will be back to the real world... Once that happens Amy will drive Chris nuts within a year and he'll be gone. 

I saw that video. In it she stated she’s under contract until June, so filming the wedding would have to be negotiated. 👀 🤑

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

if she was actually over it and over the moon in love with Chris she wouldn't give a shit about Matt or Caryn. 

Yeah, I know too many women and men who have divorced and remarried happily who still get angry over their ex to agree that this is somehow unusual.

I've often found Matt's "I'm divorced and sooooo happy!" routine to be a little creepy personally. Not a touch of remorse and I've never heard Matt express a word of concern about how the kids might take things.. But then we never hear Matt express any concern for anyone other than himself so I guess thats par for the course.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LucyEth said:

She apparently has a deal with Randy from “Say Yes to the Dress” to make her a wedding dress.   Wedding will be profitable.  

I guess the entire season will be about Amy and Chris and the wedding of the century.

A girls weekend to NYC, Amy hollering as usual, shoving her face full of various cakes to decide which one, trying on gowns by Randy as they both gush over each other.

I hate to think of it but I'm guessing that during the wedding we'll be treated to long winded vows (like Jer and Auj) UGH! 😖

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Amy has every right. They were together for almost 30 years (that's like a lifetime).  There's resentment on both sides. Matt is passive-aggressive and gets his digs in with a smile on his face or chuckles when Caryn remarks. If I was a Roloff kid, and I saw that happening, I'd kindly borrow one of Matt's crutches and wack them both across their noggins and say, "You need to teach your whore her place."

If Chris said something, I'd gladly roll up a newspaper and do and say the same to Amy and Chris.  

Edit:  I'm a big fan of Chris Rock's philosophies and comedy and I think he summed up this issue very well in his O.J. rant.  Just insert, "I birthed and raised your children, spent more time on camera with my kids on that reality show that funded this whole mess and you brought that #$@# to our farm."  

Most reasonable people would be angry. Most of us wouldn't get physical, but there's going to be some rage there.  But we all understand.

I think Matt, Amy, Zach, and Jeremy will all take a hit when that TLC gravy train ends. Amy gives us the impression that she's saving her money. We'll see. Matt is probably funding Caryn's family and happily giving Chacha access to all his money. With this pandemic, who knows. At the same time, Zach and Jeremy are hopeless and probably squandering their money on home renovations, toys, and fancy new stuff for their wives and children. I wonder if Tori will stick around (yup, I said it!), she seems to be a kindred soul with Chacha. When that well dries, and she's no longer getting the attention she desires on social media. What's going to happen? They plan on having more children. They must have some money stashed away or expect quite the inheritance. Because I'm not sure, how they expect to support their children on a teacher's salary and a husband that coaches soccer part-time, sleeps half the day and also does careless, dirty stuff, like washing shoes in the kitchen sink and putting a plunger on the countertop. 

On that note, Zach seems to have a kind heart, but he's a mess.  His hygiene is questionable, he's got an inflated sense of self-worth and he doesn't seem to have any self-discipline for anything besides soccer and boasting about his best qualities. If I was Tori, I'd probably be asking to borrow one of Matt's crutches on a regular basis.

Edited by Butterycup
Adding Chris Rock quote
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Dustbunny said:

I guess the entire season will be about Amy and Chris and the wedding of the century.

A girls weekend to NYC, Amy hollering as usual, shoving her face full of various cakes to decide which one, trying on gowns by Randy as they both gush over each other.

I hate to think of it but I'm guessing that during the wedding we'll be treated to long winded vows (like Jer and Auj) UGH! 😖

Come on, it will be comedy gold!

• LOL 3

I question if Matt is bipolar. He has these unusual shifts in his energy in the way he operates. Some days he is coming up with these grand ideas, recklessly spending, impulsive with this inflated ego. He tears up the backyard or house, despite having numerous projects that he hasn't finished. He had this affair with his employee, which was reckless. It put all his other employees in an awkward spot. It was right in front of his children and wife, which definitely could have had a lasting impact on kids if they had figured it out before their mother.  I mean, most normal people would at least try to shield their children from it, but it's like he got a massive kick out of this risky sexual relationship.   He jokes about lying to his spouse about the finances or his plans and makes irresponsible driving choices.

Amy, his parents, and the kids were always on guard, wondering what would happen every day. 

I think Amy's a hoarder, and insecure and manifests her anger in criticizing or being defiant. Still, it becomes more apparent that there is something very wrong with Matt feeling the need to blow 18k on some massive project on a whim.  

• Love 4