Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E08: Marko Jankowics

• Start Topic

Episode Description:

When Liz and Jennifer search for a woman who may know a secret about Red's past, they find themselves in the cross-hairs of a ruthless smuggler, forcing Liz to ask an unexpected source for help. Meanwhile, Red mediates between two rival gangs in prison.

1st hour of a 2 hour event

I had completely forgotten about Alter Ego until Ressler and Hannah met up in the bar.  To tell the truth, after walking in on him and Keen interrogating the handcuffed drug mule, I am amazed she actually agreed to meet Ressler for an "after action review".  And speaking of Alter Ego, did it ever occur to Ressler that there might be some repercussions should his business dealings with, and eventual relationship, with an employee of an organization tied to a recent Blacklist case might just come back to bite him or the task force?  Of course not, because that sort of thing never happens in this universe. 

I will just assume that Ressler knows the name of a good Kaplan-style cleanup crew to fix up the apartment floor.  I'm sure there's just a wee bit of blood on it now.  In addition, the bullets in Marco and his two henchmen ballistically match those of Ressler's and Keen's weapons, assuming they didn't use Reddington Specials.  When the crime lab does the analyses, won't those matches show up somewhere?  Not that Ressler has ever hit any of his targets in recent memory, but still...

So, what are we to make of the nurse practitioner's fate?  What did Scotland have to do with it? 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

So, what are we to make of the nurse practitioner's fate?  What did Scotland have to do with it? 

Dembe has disregarded Red's instructions before when he didn't agree with them, so I expect the nurse is just fine. Or she will be as long as Liz doesn't find her and/or Red doesn't find out about it.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I was halfway wondering if they were flying over Scotland and Dembe was going to pitch her out of the plane.

Edited by rur
  • Love 6

Uh, yeah, you would think that the "doctor" would have removed his gloves so as not to contaminate the product with blood when he opened that package of LSD. Because everyone needs a dash of hepatitis or something similar with their LSD.

One minor tidbit that the Blacklist writers completely missed -- having traveled to Canada before, you pre-clear US customs in the Canadian airport before you even get on the plane.  When you land at the American airport, you literally walk off the plane and that's it.  So both those scenes at customs at Dulles airport were just bullshit the writers pulled out of their asses.

Marko Jankowics rates a No. 58 on the Blacklist, for some reason.  And Lizzie's "sister" is back.

The Cyclops vs. the Rock River Crew -- rather unique gang names, I guess they had to choose something else since the Jets and Sharks were already taken.

Lizzie is so bad at her FBI job that she had no idea that the nurse she kidnapped was under surveillance and had a protective detail.
And yet again, Lizzie murders someone, but we all know that she will never suffer any consequences -- even though she murdered that guy in the midst of committing a crime.

Looking at the documents pulled up on Tristan Benedek, the date on each document was Feb. 22, 2019 -- which means all those documents were created on the day the episode aired.  Blacklist Props guys is just lazy, must have farmed it to an intern.

I thought it was funny when Ressler is explaining what was going on in his apartment to his girlfriend, while Lizzie is yelling in the background completely contradicting him.  Even funnier was Lizzie's concern about the baby -- where did she think the LSD was located ?  And then the bad acting when Lizzie realized where the drugs were.

I'm still trying to figure out how Ressler shot through the package of LSD, when they clearly showed that the gun was directly pointed at Marko, as Marko fell to the ground.

Here's Lizzie and Ressler, sitting in a car with a dead body in the back, gabbing about Ressler's new girlfriend.
Now Ressler has joined Lizzie's murderous ways.  Smell ya later Marko.  So where did the 6 bodies and (what's left of) the $50 million in LSD go ?  And where did they ditch the SUVs belonging to Marko and his crew ?

Jennifer's swollen eye healed pretty quickly -- and now she's out.  Does that also mean the Jennifer is 'done with Reddington' ?  
Because if we use Lizzie as a role model, that means that Jennifer will be back pretty soon.  Unless, of course, as I suspect that Jennifer is actually working for Reddington.

Really ? Red shivs a guy with a meat thermometer, and leaves the thermometer in his chest.  And none of the guards or other prisoners notice this longer than normal hug that Red gives the guy -- right before the guy collapses ?  Seriously ?

Still no sign or mention of Agnes or the dogs.  :)

5 hours ago, rur said:

I was halfway wondering they were flying over Scotland and Dembe was going to pitch her out of the plane.

I'm thinking that Scotland is just a euphemism, and Dembe is going to kill Marguerite and her little dog too.  That's what I got from Red's call to Dembe.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

It never entered Liz's head she is an FBI agent ready to commit kidnapping at gun point?! Now add murder to her list of stupid acts. 

Ressler and his real/fake girlfriend are dragged into her nonsense and it breaks them up.

No one on the block heard a gun shot or commotion to call the police? 

Time is of the essence to find Jennifer but Liz and Ressler decides getting Chinese food is a priority.

For years, Ressler was assigned to find Red but didn't seemed surprised when Liz first told him he is not the real Red (it sunk in later).

Dembe stabs the guy in the leg and he still has enough strength to run away from him.

Warden can't control his prison and runs to Red for help. He won't be warden for long if prison murders goes up.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Still no sign or mention of Lizzie

If only. This would be a better show if only.

This show is so much better when I don't pay a lot of attention to what's going on. I stayed home last night to watch ... big mistake. It was so full of dumb-ass writing, all noted above by other posters.

My irritation: How many dead bodies has Lizzie left scattered around? And she drags Ressler into her "gang" as an accomplice? I like Ressler (read: the actor) but that's just OTT dumbassery. Although I did wonder if his girlfriend was real or Memorex. I guess she was Memorex. But still, Ressler, JUST SAY NO when a bloody Lizzie shows up at your door when you (finally) have a woman in there.

LOL that the cooking thermometer was left sticking in that guy, and the temp registered WAY hotter than 98.9. No one anywhere will connect that to Red, even though the entire room full of cons was watching him shive that guy. *sigh*

So Red can spin a story for the court, not get one "I object," and whatever he spewed out is now the truth. Even Lizzie is all up on believing him now. Alrighty then.

I don't even remember the deal about the bones and why they were so important or anything else that's been going on in this show because it's so boogered up with the writers changing whatever they want to fit whatever they feel like.

Thank the gods the dogs are gone, and the kid, too. I'm guessing wherever they are, it's a happier place.

Meanwhile, what's up with Lizzie getting all verklempt telling Dembe to "keep her secret." Tough-ass Lizzie who murders people right and left and uses her FBI credentials to do whatever she wants gets all teary eyed because she ratted out Red? Oh, please.

Dembe, you didn't sign up for that ... did you?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

or the dogs. 🙂

My current theory is that Dr. Koehler did radical facial surgery on them, and they are now living happily on another network. 

What's up with the fighting?  I get that Liz would probably lose a shadowboxing fight, but Dembe getting knocked down? Is he getting soft?

Completely yes about the fight in the kitchen.  Red did promise the other inmate something about a red hot stick, so he's a man of his word, but that was just a bit too obvious. 

• Love 4

I'm supposed to believe there are actually drug mules out there who are willing to have c-section-like surgery over and over to remove implanted drug packages?  Eww.   That's pretty drastic, even for one time. 

• Love 4

This is turning into The Shield. Liz is so far gone now as is Ressler. In the end they'll probably get somekind of immunity or the Reddington taskforce will remain too classified to prosecute. They minus well be another black ops division of the government. Oooops, they're supposed to bring fugitives to JUSTICE.

Yes experienced "FBI" agent Liz missed the protection detail. Didn't she do pre job surveillance or case the kidnapping victim's neighborhood or study her routine-any of which should've revealed the security.

Poor Jennifer. At first I thought she was up to something but it looks Lizzie is the bad egg that will have to be saved-by Jennifer; don't buy for a minute she's out of the game.

Also along with forensics and any camera footage won't Liz and Ressler have to account for FBI computer usage?

47 minutes ago, misstwpherecool said:

This is turning into The Shield. Liz is so far gone now as is Ressler. In the end they'll probably get somekind of immunity or the Reddington taskforce will remain too classified to prosecute. They minus well be another black ops division of the government. Oooops, they're supposed to bring fugitives to JUSTICE.

Like some kind of Presdiential pardon -- Lizzie's already got on of those under her belt, why not one more ?

• Love 1