Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E12 Disconnected

American Housewife

Disconnected (Season 3 | Episode 12)

8:00PM EST Tuesday | ABC

Katie plans a "friend date" in hopes of reconnecting with Taylor and encourages Greg to attend self-help guru Johnny Diamond's seminar with Oliver. Meanwhile, Anna-Kat takes extreme measures to secure her place as Katie's favorite child.

Original Airdate:  February 12, 2019

I'm not sure how much longer I can watch this show, rather than enjoying episodes, I'm finding that I am forcing myself to watch this more out of habit and so I can delete off my DVR.  I rarely find Katie very likable, and between her and Taylor, they're always yelling.  I couldn't believe no one seemed to be looking at them as they were fighting in the restaurant.    

• Love 2

I thought the increasing list of felonies Johnny Diamond had committed before Oliver finally denounced him was pretty funny. And I love Cheyenne Jackson so I enjoyed the guest appearance. 

Open toed boots? Is that a thing?

• Love 4

I loved seeing Cheyenne Jackson. What an awesome cameo. I thought the last scene with Oliver and Greg was pretty sweet. I don't mind Katie, but I am finding Taylor increasingly unlikable. Though that's not necessarily odd for a moody teenager. It makes sense that she fights with her mom a lot. I loved the dirty joke scene with Anna-Kat, lol. Greg and Katie's expressions were great, as was their enjoyment of it after the fact. Ha.

• Love 2

Wow, so few comments for this episode.  Open toed boots strike me as one of those warm climate things.  I see them in the stores but no one wears them in the winter in CT.  We have about 2 weeks here in the Spring and Fall where wearing that would work, LOL.

• Love 6
On 2/13/2019 at 2:14 PM, lucygoose said:

I couldn't believe no one seemed to be looking at them as they were fighting in the restaurant.    

Yeah, that's one of my biggest TV/movie peeves. IRL if someone started yelling in public, you would automatically turn around, if for no other reason than in today's world you'd (very sadly) immediately worry that they might pull out a gun next. But on the screen, you can practically hear the director's instructions for all the extras to totally ignore the main actors, LOL

Personally, my main peeve was how green the yard was in February, how everyone had unzipped jackets just symbolically slung over their shoulders, etc. I know I've complained about it here before, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse. But if you set a TV show in CT and it's supposed to be winter, then at least make SOME effort to show that. Otherwise, set it in some warm weather location and call it a day. 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, SnarkySheep said:

Yeah, that's one of my biggest TV/movie peeves. IRL if someone started yelling in public, you would automatically turn around, if for no other reason than in today's world you'd (very sadly) immediately worry that they might pull out a gun next. But on the screen, you can practically hear the director's instructions for all the extras to totally ignore the main actors, LOL

Personally, my main peeve was how green the yard was in February, how everyone had unzipped jackets just symbolically slung over their shoulders, etc. I know I've complained about it here before, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse. But if you set a TV show in CT and it's supposed to be winter, then at least make SOME effort to show that. Otherwise, set it in some warm weather location and call it a day. 

That drives me insane! On The Middle they did that for years. Yes, they would say: "Oh, it's like 20 degrees outside" yet they show no snow, and their grass as green as July. I remember years ago, they showed Boy Meets World and everyone was bundled up since the show was suppose to be in CT and yet, the way they were walking around, you would swear it was the middle of May. I get it's expensive, but at least TRY to look like it's that time of year. Not all of us can live in California where there are palm trees everywhere. 

• Love 2
On 2/17/2019 at 5:19 PM, SnarkySheep said:

Oh I know I've been a broken record with that complaint about this show myself.  Although we did have a few 55-60 degree days here in CT last week, LOL.  Right now there's snow on the ground.  There's not so much in Westport now because it's near the shore, but the lawns would definitely not be green.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Yeah No said:
On 2/17/2019 at 5:19 PM, SnarkySheep said:

Oh I know I've been a broken record with that complaint about this show myself.  Although we did have a few 55-60 degree days here in CT last week, LOL.  Right now there's snow on the ground.  There's not so much in Westport now because it's near the shore, but the lawns would definitely not be green.

Lots of people on the This Is Us thread have the same problem with the way that Pennsylvania winter scenes are portrayed.

• Love 3

I find it annoying when characters who are in the same place at the same time are dressed for completely different weather. One is wearing a sleeveless light top and the other is wearing a long sleeve turtle neck sweater. Why do they do that? I thought costuming for TV was done by professional wardrobe people. I agree with the outside yards and trees matching the season the episode is set in.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

I find it annoying when characters who are in the same place at the same time are dressed for completely different weather. One is wearing a sleeveless light top and the other is wearing a long sleeve turtle neck sweater. Why do they do that? I thought costuming for TV was done by professional wardrobe people. I agree with the outside yards and trees matching the season the episode is set in.

Wardrobe consistency would be good, but then again... in previous offices in which I worked I would be bundled up in layers of thick sweaters, sitting next to a space heater and shivering, while others in the same space would be sweating in light, sleeveless tops and complaining it was too hot.  And it's not unusual for me to be out for a walk or running errands this time of year wearing substantial a typical winter coat, scarf, gloves etc... and I see people (usually males) here and there outside wearing shorts.  

• Love 2

I just mentioned this in the thread for the next episode, but holy cow -- those boots had to cost a pretty penny!  They were suede and tall (I can't recall if they were over-the-knee or not) and I'm guessing $350 at a minimum.  And they bought two pairs!!