Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E13: The Plunge

mxc90
  • Start Topic

Cruz leads the charge in getting the firehouse to gear up for the Polar Plunge. Herrmann has a hard time bouncing back after dealing with a tough call. Foster's personal relationships begin to interfere with her job.

(edited)

I'm surprised Hermann didn't scold the kid for driving like a lunatic while he was in the car rescuing him.

Hermann's been spending so many nights at Molly's he never noticed the dent for 2 months. Good job bringing your work home and embarrassing yourself.

Kelly is back to season one whoring!

I guess the neighbor was preparing for the polar challenge too and fell asleep in the tub! If Hermann can get shaken up by the kid's crash, shouldn't Cruz, Otis and others take note from this fool and stop with their dumb training?

Now Foster can bring people back from the dead. I don't think Gabby has reached this level of greatness. She should go on the Walking Dead and make the zombies human again.

Why didn't Sylvie take part in the initial confrontation? Her reputation is also on the line.

I guess the staff at Lakeshore don't share the same attitude like 51 of backing their co-workers. This quickly resolved stalker story line was stupid.

Foster made a scene in front of the hospital staff and the EMS rep, didn't she do harm to her case?

Where was this rep the other times the paramedics' methods were questioned?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 7

Is Hermman's middle name 'over-react' - seriously dude get a grip. It seemed like an OTT reaction, even his carry on over the paperwork was like a WTF moment. Is he cut out to be in charge of a Truck if he drops his bundle constantly? Also (just because I was bored for most of it my mind wandered) if Casey and Severide get officers qtrs, where does Hermman sleep?

Please stop making Foster Gabby 2.0....once was enough. Just stop it now.

And speaking of stopping, the creepy Dr storyline just felt rushed, surely that shit would have been better being a little more nuanced and played out a bit longer, rushing through storylines doesn't make them better and because they tend to do this they make the villian so over the top creepy to drive home the point. Look up the definition of subtlety writers, people wouldn't be over this nonsense storyline so quickly if it was more subtle and played along in the background for a lot longer.

Boden has given some awesome speeches over the seasons, this was not one of them. I laughed, all those big tough guy firefighters turning up to scare the weasel, yeah....nah.

Severide being a man whore again....boring. I've given up caring about him to be honest, looks pretty but the guy is a flog.

Edited by Guildford
  • Love 6

I noticed they sure glossed over the fact that both medics were operating way outside of their parameters, and made the entire storyline about the stalking doctor.  Something Foster, Brett, Boden, and the entire staff of 51 should learn right quick - paramedics don't overrule doctors, they don't overrule hospitals, and they certainly don't overrule the EMS agency.  If it came down to a pissing contest, the EMS rep might just say "You know what?  You work for the Fire Department.  This is a hospital.  Quit harassing my doctor, get back in your vehicles and go home or I'll call Chief Snotnose and report your conduct."  Probably Dr. Dick doesn't have a good rep around the hospital either.

I guess it's okay in Chicago to just look at your rear bumper, note the damage, and leave the scene of a three car accident with severe injuries.  We'll phone it in from the station.  Right.

• Love 3

So the whole station can just show up at the hospital to help out Foster?  Ok.   And why did she even sleep with him?  Call me old fashion but she wasn’t really into him....it just seems like a waste.  I have to be totally into someone to entertain that thought but I guess we are all wired differently.  

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Laurie4H said:

So the whole station can just show up at the hospital to help out Foster?  Ok.

I'm not surprised. These are the same jokers that left a burning building to be by Stella's side in the hospital or the time they needed 10 or more people to hold and carry Chloe to a helicopter (the other injured people were on their own).

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I noticed they sure glossed over the fact that both medics were operating way outside of their parameters, and made the entire storyline about the stalking doctor. 

It's the Gabriella Dawson clause

• Love 7
On 2/7/2019 at 7:55 AM, Laurie4H said:

So the whole station can just show up at the hospital to help out Foster?  Ok.   And why did she even sleep with him?  Call me old fashion but she wasn’t really into him....it just seems like a waste.  I have to be totally into someone to entertain that thought but I guess we are all wired differently.  

She is the female Severide. 

Meh episode. 

The guy in the car, he looks like he could be in his 20's, not a teenager. I agree with some of you, Herrman is troubled and they were more worried about the plunge? 

What's to say the doctor even filed the report? Just a coincidence since he was harassing her but he seemed more like an upcoming stalker type. 

I liked the shark outfit Foster had on. 

I know its a show but if someone is going to take you somewhere, how often do you not push harder or say I'm not going unless you tell me kind of thing. 

I'm liking Foster, and I love that she had no issue standing up for herself. Once that idiot showed up at Molly's and made his creepy remark, she should have said something to Casey if she didn't want to get Boden involved.  Once he showed up at the firehouse threatening her, she really should have said something (get it together writers).  I swear these writers do not know to write a nuanced character, yes he was a medical resident, but let's not turn her in Gabby 2.0. This is coming from someone who liked Gabby for the most part.  That doctor must be an ass at all times, since none of his coworkers attempted to intervene when Foster was going off on him.  I wish every boss could be like Boden, not only did he show up to confront that little creep, he brought the whole firehouse with him. 

Wonderful job Herman taking your work home and taking your son's head off for a damn dent. He didn't even give the poor kid a chance to explain what happened. Cindy was way too understanding, he needed a week on the couch for that behavior. 

Cruz and Otis continue to be the comic relief, with their silly antics. I do wish they showed us the plunge though. 

• Love 2

That was one of the most boring episodes i have seen in awhile. I am really not sure if I will last past this season. The stuff with Hermann wasn't good and I found the guy who plays him not strong enough to carry the story. Plus what happened with the original incident they were on there way to when the car hit them?

The polar bear swim plot line was dumb too. These "funny" fire house hijinks plots usually fall flat. Plus how do you not actually show the characters running into the water?

Okay we got Otis in a towel last week and Christopher shirtless this week.  Are the actors jealous that Kelly and Matt get all the beefcake shots?  At least in the cold shower scene Mouch and Joe were mostly behind their curtains.

• Love 3
On 2/6/2019 at 10:08 PM, mxc90 said:

Hermann's been spending so many nights at Molly's he never noticed the dent for 2 months. Good job bringing your work home and embarrassing yourself.

Not to mention, he didn't seem to notice he supposedly has 4 other kids...each time we saw them at home, there was only Lee Henry. You didn't see a single trace of any other kid, or even hear them elsewhere. I guess the show was trying to cut down on extras...

On 2/11/2019 at 1:30 PM, spunky said:

I wish every boss could be like Boden, not only did he show up to confront that little creep, he brought the whole firehouse with him. 

IMO this sort of thing is what TV shows love to depict, but would never actually happen IRL...Boden confronting that doctor with the whole firehouse, in front of all those witnesses, would in today's world be seen as a threat/verbal assault/whatever. I have no doubt that the doctor would want some sort of repercussions on Boden for harassment, and Boden in his position should be well aware of this.

• Love 3
On 2/7/2019 at 7:55 AM, Laurie4H said:

So the whole station can just show up at the hospital to help out Foster?  Ok.   And why did she even sleep with him?  Call me old fashion but she wasn’t really into him....it just seems like a waste.

Per Foster, she was way too busy in her twenties to have a romantic life because she was in med school, so now she's having all these casual flings to make up for lost time.

As though every single person in their twenties HAS to have a zillion casual relationships/one-night stands! Many people never do, due to a variety of reasons, but TV likes to perpetuate the stereotype that everyone goes through this, or wants to go through it.

• Love 2