Type keyword(s) to search

S33.E00: War of the Worlds: Basic Training

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

A sneak peek into the new season of The Challenge: War of The Worlds. Before the lines are drawn in the sand, here is an in-depth intro to the Prospects who will be fighting for their spot on The Challenge and exclusive previews of the season.

Airs January 30, 2019.

1 hour ago, UniqueHandle said:

This is on tonight and I feel 50% excited for the new season and 50% so over the entire thing. 

Seriously wish I could quit this show. I always say I need a multi-step program to ween myself off, but I probably wouldn’t do it. Because I hate myself. 🙄🤷‍♂️

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

Seriously wish I could quit this show. I always say I need a multi-step program to ween myself off, but I probably wouldn’t do it. Because I hate myself. 🙄🤷‍♂️

Yes! I am 100% with you. If I didn't watch, I would end up reading about it anyway... so I might as well watch. 

I wish they would go back to an old school season. Maybe do a Fresh Meat. Or take 6 months off and have a season of Real World (or bring back Road Rules!) and cast some of those peeps. 

• Love 3

"This season: screaming people . . . but with more accents than ever before!!!"

Some of the new folks seem impressive . . . like Turbo. I'm thinking "Turkish CT." Most people might call him "Turkish Delight." But I have to wonder how many of the newbies have watched the show. Being good socially and competitively aren't as needed as the ability to put up with endless bullshit, hookups and brawls. Given the chill vibe in the tent, I'm thinking half of those people will be going for each other's throats before long.

As for Teege's segments . . . so most of the missions are going to take place in the desert? Oh, and I'm hoping somebody has to spell "desert," because a lot of them would muff that. This season's elimination is "The Killing Floor." Okay, then. Seriously sticking to my guns about BMP wanting someone to die on the show itself. I'd settle for Paulie or Johnny getting repeatedly kicked in the dick.

• Love 3

Looking forward to the new season.  I'm already spotting some that I think will be gone fairly quick.  The twins and Gus for a couple.  Where are they exactly?  I see it's the desert, but which one?  I'm over Ashley, so she can go first.  

• Love 1

How does Ashley’s hair manage to look worse with each passing season. So sad. All the money in the world is not going to help her thin, lank hair.

I’m worried Gus is in over his head with this group. Didn’t see much of him in the previews.

It looked like there was some heavy flirting going on between Bananas and Nany. Hannah has good reason to be jealous. Speaking of Bananas, I think he might have been a little impressed with Morgan. It will be interesting to see where that goes, if anywhere.

This season looks soooo good.

• Love 1

I've been lurking on this board since it began, but with this season of The Challenge, I had to join and be able to post my thoughts. I should mention that I didn't see this preview show, just the clips mtv.com has put up. If I mention something that was referred to on the show, I apologize.

I'm curious to see how Bear and Ashley perform. I'm very curious to see how many women they both end up with. I went and watched Ex on the Beach last year, and it's a wonderful train wreck of a show. Bear will try to sleep with any attractive woman with a pulse, and moves on quickly; I'm curious to see if that gets him in trouble.

So, yeah, I'm very excited for this season to come.

• Love 1

So some possible facts I gleaned:

1.  There will be 36 people at the house.  How long it remains that many remains to be seen.  They made it sound like the pool in the tent will complete to make it into the house but at the end when they lined up across from the vets, looked like there were 36 total.

2.  Killing Floor eliminations will be final, losers go home.  TJ didn’t say there would be no Redemptions House but sounded like they weren’t going to keep a lot of players around.  It’s probably more costly flying in people from all these different countries and having a lot of competitors in the game for a long time.

3.  There will be late entrants, like Mercenaries again.  Of course there will be twists.

4.  They definitely showed more physical competitions, a return to Challenge history after last season where there weren’t many such challenges.  There was one with two guys running at each other.  We can only hope they match weight classes but there may be some lopsided battles.

5.  Also more endurance, toughness types of challenges, like hanging on top of tires which are being dragged by cars.  Of course there are puzzles, which are just fitting pieces together.

With a large field it could be interesting competition if it’s a real competition.  But they don’t show the progress of these challenges, like in timed competitions where you can see the leaderboard.  Instead at the end they tell you so and so won by 5 seconds or whatever.

Challenge has always done it this way and of course there’s huge potential for producers manipulating the results they want, since they are inconsistent and opaque on the rules.  I’m no convinced for example that Ashley and what’s his name won the Final Challenge last season, only for Ashley to take the money on some bullshit reason about slut shaming her.

If the Producers want that story, about Ashley screwing over her partner or that she outscored him, they can make that happen and the competitors and viewers have no way to know if they toted up the times legitimately or just claimed she had the better times and thus it was her choice to take all the money or share it.

now, this season, there will be drama between her and her forme partner and other competitors will be suspicious of her, probably use that as a reason to vote for her in eliminations.

In any event, as they do challenges, it may not always be obvious who wins, until they reveal it.  Of course this isn’t the Olympics or even X Games, so there isn’t that kind of transparency.

36 people is so many. I wonder if that means they're going to do the type of eliminations where they cull a bunch of competitors at once (I hate those, btw).

Of the newbies, I'm looking forward to Turbo and the good-looking British guy who it seems will fight with Leroy over Kam's affections. Bear seems a LOT like early days Kyle (i.e. way better than current day Kyle), so he should be fun. I hope the Ninja woman does well.

Of the vets, I will always root for Wes, CT, and Jenna. Ashley and Hunter can get out immediately, and take Amanda with them. Cara looks like she's going to be messy as usual. Why is she leaning so hard into the Harley Quinn thing?

I love you, terrible MTV show. You are the best worst show.

• Love 4

Josh needs to fuck right the fuck off.  I hope what they showed of him tonight was from like two days and he gets his ass bounced first.  He only won BB because he was up against someone that most of the rest of the house hated.  He is wretched and awful.

Also Julia and her sister Whatsherface can get bent too.  Why is it that Big Brother is a show I love, but The Challenge finds the dregs of the houseguests and foists them on an unsuspecting public?

• Love 7

After the shit show of last season I had set my expectations low, but this looks pretty exciting. SO GLAD there is no redemption house. I only despise a handful of these people - Ashley and Josh being the worst of them.

i look forward to seeing how Turbo does. I think Chase from Bachelorette is way too nice and normal to find a niche with this bunch of Type A lunatics.  

The swimming pool room is where I would be most of the time.

Based on the Mad Max imagery, does that mean they are in Australia?  Is there desert like that down under?

Why is it that Big Brother is a show I love, but The Challenge finds the dregs of the houseguests and foists them on an unsuspecting public?

My guess is that most BB contestants who have standards for themselves want nothing to do with this.  I would love to see how much they're willing to offer Kaitlyn, though. I have to imagine she's on the shortlist for "most wanted reality contestant of the past year." 

Cara looks like she's going to be messy as usual. Why is she leaning so hard into the Harley Quinn thing?

This isn't the time or place for my full vent, but I think here are a lot of things significantly wrong with Cara's mental and social-emotional health. Moreso than I ever previously realized. 

• Love 1

There's only one winner in BB per season right?

So the ones who don't win money are going to be interested in other reality shows offering money, if they went on BB in the first place because of money.

Even winners, probably see a chance to take another bite at the apple?

I really hope there isn't a Redemption House.  With 36 people to start off with, if there is one, this season is going to be 45 years long.  I think the last season started when I was 16 and I'm in my 40s, so I might die before this one ends.  Seriously, when they got to the reunion, I was like, wait, CT was on this season? It had been so long since he'd gone home, I'd totally forgotten he had even been on at all. 

• Love 2

Finally got around to watching the episode.  Liking Leroy and Jenna as usual.  I have no idea who Nany is (must have been on a season when I forgot the show was on).  Of the new people I’m liking Turbo and think his chances are good.  People will be scared to face him in elimination 

• Love 1
On 2/2/2019 at 10:35 AM, Coco88 said:

Finally got around to watching the episode.  Liking Leroy and Jenna as usual.  I have no idea who Nany is (must have been on a season when I forgot the show was on).  Of the new people I’m liking Turbo and think his chances are good.  People will be scared to face him in elimination 

Nany has been on tons of challenges and was on Leroy's real world season. You must of seen her at this point.