Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E13: teMpted

Bort

Lauren stops sleeping so she can avoid the forces in her dreams pushing her towards joining Andy and giving in to her dark side. Glow is in trouble after being shot by the Purifiers, and Blink convinces the Morlocks to let Caitlin save Glow. Meanwhile, Polaris learns the details of what Reeva is planning, and Reed helps Lauren fight off her dreams.

Airdate: Tuesday, January 22, 2019

I think this is as close to a happy ending for an episode that we'll get. Caitlin gets an "M" smudged on her face by Vincent/Splinter, Reed and John talk Lauren down from getting wooed by her brother, and Marcos looks like he killed one of the terrorists. Since this is The Gifted, he did take several slugs. In case you missed it . . .

Terrorist Whose Name I Didn't Get: [plopping into the car] A man needs his liquor, especially after some lime-haired bitch threatened him! Okay . . . .I'm going to get wasted, run over randos, then continue the plan for a massive terrorist attack, all in the name of making Supergirl look subt-

Marcos: (lighting up) Don't you move. You move, your future gets brighter. You don't want that. I can do this all night!!

Terrorist: The glowing?

Marcos: And the arm gestures I have to make every single time I power up. John doesn't have the flashy power, but he doesn't look like a dick before the special effects are added.

Terrorist: Okay then. I'm just going to slowly put my seat belt on. Slowly, slowly . . .

Marcos: This is the final minute of the episode, I can't believe the misery was kept to a minimu-

Terrorist: Psyche. (pulls out gun, shoots Marcos in the gut)

Marcos: Sonofabitch!! You're supposed to use your powers!! What the hell kind of mutant uses a fucking gun?!?

[shots fired, lasers fired, Marcos gets out of the car five second before it explodes]

Marcos: Well . . . I can't wait to tell Lorna about this shit.

I will say that this episode felt less heavy than Supergirl, even with Erg doing everything short on putting on a Phantom Mask and dancing around in the sewers. Watching Lauren try to stay awake was harsh, but not nearly as bad as her holding hands with Andy. And the Cuckoos were basically reading his lines for him, which was also squicky.

• Love 3

"Who would have thought that staying up for 24 hours straight would make you look like you smoked crack for 10 years!"

Right?! I got less sleep than that finals week, and I looked more put together than she did (you gotta borrow some Ritalin, Lauren! Come on, coffee and energy drinks are Bush League.)

So how many times did Marcos get shot? I feel like as close as that gun was to him, if he got shot in the gut (and around the same place judging by his hand position and florescent blood) coupled with his already depleated blood count...he should be dead dead. Are are we to believe that he also had a gun and managed to get some shots in? Also, gotta love a mutant bringing a gun to a mutant fight, LMAO. That guy will be missed, I liked him

Missed opportunity not having Evangeline be the woman at the beginning. Would've been a cool way of giving TMU shades of grey (like their predecessors had) and solidified Erg's point in not wanting to join them last episode. He doesn't need a reason to hate/mistrust humans past the things we've seen them do to mutants already just bc they look different.

The problem with the show this season is that it feels like it's going nowhere, or it's going full circle. Lorna's back with TMU, same as she was last season. TMU are the good guys, everyone else is bad and misguided. And they finally figured out what the previews have been telling us for the past 3 weeks, Reeva's hitting the white house.

I'm kind of angry they decided to go full cartoon villains with TIC. It's annoying and reductive.

Good lord, Lorna is the worst spy. And why does TIC have cameras everywhere except their training room?!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, DNR said:

Did i just see Amy Ackers IRL husband in a scene ? 

Yes, he played Max.

14 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Terrorist Whose Name I Didn't Get

Max, played by James Carpinello, who happens to be Amy Ackers husband IRL.

• Love 2

Lets hope Lauren took a shower after she got home, she looked bad after not sleeping! Please someone tell me I didnt look that cracked out when I had to pull all nighters during finals in college?!

We actually got a pretty solid Caitlin story this week, the interaction between her and Erg the head Morlock was all really good, she does best in a medical situation, or when she has to deal with someone she us clearly Over. "Are you a pharmacist as well as a post-apocalyptic pirate?" 

Lorna being back with Marcos is nice, but she really sucks as a spy. Subtle Lora aint. 

I'm starting to question if all of the Struckers are really as powerful as the show would like us to believe or if the issue is that the Struckers have double the number of endorphin receptors and when they use their powers they release a ton of endorphins. They're not powerful; they're just high. I know this is not what's going on with them, but it would crack me up.

• Love 1

I thought this was another boring episode.  I want more action and more powers.

What's up with Erg?  In the flashback scene where his girlfriend or whoever it was came down to the tunnels, he sounded like a typical young African-American man.  No accent.  Now in current day, did he get jaded or battle hardened or whatnot to the point where now he talks like he is from Wakanda or England?

What was the Frosts' plan?  Get Andy to get Lauren to meet and then they were going to BlueEyes her into joining the Inner Circle?  I guess the whole part I don't understand about them and the Inner Circle is that if they are so powerful where they can control people to do whatever they want (getting cops to kill themselves, getting the bank president to read their statement, etc)... why the need for all the theatrics and dramatics?  Why send those convicts to kill Evangeline and the Mutant Underground leadership?  Just walk in there and BlueEyes and they all kill themselves.  I am so sick of the Frosts.

I really couldn't care less about what happens to Lauren and Andy.  I kind of wish Reed would just RedHands both of them and end all the angst.

So Lorna found out that the Gambit stand-in had an alcohol problem so she sent Marcos to capture him?  Now Gambit is dead and Marcos is shot and she isn't any closer to figuring out what is about to happen.  Here's a thought.  She's the daughter of Magneto, in her own words "mutant royalty", and extremely powerful on her own.  So why not just TALK to Reeva and say she wants to be more involved and can't do that if she is kept in the dark?  Also, if the Frosts are supposed to be these incredibly powerful telepaths, why don't they already know that Lorna is a traitor?  So stupid.

Why exactly did they need all three of the cons to work together?  Now-Dead Gambit charges up an object, the woman teleports or telekinesises it somewhere, and then big guy claps his hands to explode it?  Would the object not explode without the handclap?

• Love 1

Lately it feels like something of a chore to watch this show. Still, I did like the part where Caitlin and Erg opened up on the Purifiers. The show has done a good job of making the Purifiers into hate-sinks so I'm glad when they get shot or energy-blasted or whatever.

Speaking of Purifiers, Jace wasn't around! That's two episodes in a row. Come on show producers, I know you can keep this streak going. If we get enough episodes without Jace, making the producers will be able to quit that character completely.

So Reed is injecting Lauren with his medicine to keep Andy and the Cuckoos out of her head. I wonder what happens when they run out of medicine? I don't think they've solved the problem so much as delayed it. Speaking of, I would hope that Reed is continuing to train in the use of his powers. Just in case.

That part when what was left of the Mutant Underground told John and Marcos to piss off, that seemed real to me. It'd be different if John and Marcos had come to them with a concrete plan but just yelling "Never give up! Never surrender! The X-Men trusted us!" isn't going to do it after all the Ls they've been taking lately.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Mysteris said:

Speaking of, I would hope that Reed is continuing to train in the use of his powers. Just in case.

I want to see Reed hold Lauren's hand and Reed becomes a battery while Lauren throws destructo-discs.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

I want to see Reed hold Lauren's hand and Reed becomes a battery while Lauren throws destructo-discs.

Oh my goodness, Lauren-as-Krillin is quite a mental image. Thinking about it, did the Kienzan ever help Krillin that much? Sadly, this show is mostly lower-tier "Z-fighters," and we probably want Jace to be the Yamcha.

On 1/23/2019 at 10:28 PM, HunterHunted said:

I'm starting to question if all of the Struckers are really as powerful as the show would like us to believe or if the issue is that the Struckers have double the number of endorphin receptors and when they use their powers they release a ton of endorphins. They're not powerful; they're just high. I know this is not what's going on with them, but it would crack me up.

I think the show wrote themselves into a box. Since the revel of the great grandparents incest. So that by implication would be the endgame for the Strucker children, only real world they are still children, or at least still portraying children if big sister is actually of age, and does the network, Marvel Entertainment or whoever still owns the rights want that story going out.

Two episodes with no Jace... my favorite episodes of the season so far... and shows the show didn't need him. This is my thing, Jace feels like a device to connect the Purfiers to the overall story, but with what has been revealed, he's not needed. For me at least, you know what would've been so much better. No Jace. Save the Reeva/Ryan reveal a little further down the season, but have the Purifiers involved with the reveal being Reeva feeding info to Ryan feeding info to the Purifiers, and of course, Ryan feeding Reeva info for her plans. With some of the pieces in place, Jace really isn't needed, and you know Reeva/Ryan will be revealed to everyone eventually... it just could've been presented better.

Aside from the Season Two fantasy I'm experiencing in my head, I just can't believe Lorna/Marcos haven't told anyone of Reeva/Ryan, as far as I can recall. Lorna I can maybe understand not divulging to Andy or Sage or the Frost Sisters, but I'm surprised Marcos wouldn't... unless it was discussed why they wouldn't, and I'm not recalling. 

I'm still with the show until the end, but I'm slowly getting into that... it is kind of a chore to get through.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
1 hour ago, joanne3482 said:

Why couldn't Lauren just sleep during the day? It isn't like brother whose name I suddenly can't remember is on pins and needles just waiting for her to fall asleep. 

That's what I was saying too.  He's sleeping during the night to connect with her, she should just sleep during the day.

• Love 2