Type keyword(s) to search

Quentin Lance: Winner of the Least Observant Detective Award

• Start Topic

It's a bit hypocritical for Quentin to be angry at Laurel and Oliver (persuaded by Laurel to keep quiet) for not telling him for months that Sara was dead.  Last season, Quentin (persuaded by Sara to keep quiet ) didn't tell Dinah - Sara's mother! - and Laurel for months that Sara was alive.

Except it was Sara's secret to tell while Laurel took something that didn't need to be secret and made it so and it's not like she didn't know how much worry her father was feeling with Sara not contacting him. Dinah and Laurel could have been hurt that Sara hadn't told them earlier but Sara did have her reasons (shame over whom she'd become and the danger to her family from the League).

I fear Laurel's reasons never made any sense to me and she did start telling people so not telling the person who was actively worrying and looking for Sara puts her actions in a different category than what Lance did when he was keeping Sara's secret IMO. 

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 5

Roy's "dying" in many ways saves QL's career as well, so score another point for Roy's hero card.

QL was gonna have to do a lot of explaining if the Arrow case ever made it to trial. Heck, he probably still has a lot of explaining to do. I can understand the warrants for Verdant & the condo because although he picked them because of OQ, he could explain that they are also known places that Roy as TQ's friend & boyfriend also frequented. Roy actually still technically worked at Verdant, so that is very realistic that he would get a warrant for that. But some of the other stuff was gonna start crossing the line. By Roy "dying" after his confession, there is no one to interrogate so his word has to be accepted at face value, esp as it lines up with the evidence they did collect. Now, QL can press the issue, but I feel the SCPD is going to be fine with RH being the Arrow. Likewise, with LL in the DA dept, there will be no pressure from that angle to reopen or further investigate the confession.

But honestly, I hope QL can find some solace & chill in the next coming weeks regarding his anger & vendetta against OQ. He has very valid reasons to be upset & angry with them. He also is still deep within his grieving, so rational thought does not come as easy. But all of these emotions & vendettas are clouding his judgment. Maybe Thea's death (or near death, however they explain it to SC public) will give him some perspective.

I also hope that his interaction with Joe, gives him some perspective that OQ is trying to do good. And things are larger than what he originally imagined.

I like QL as a foil & ally to OQ & TA. I hope they can find a way back to that in s4. PB is acting his ass off in these past episodes. So cheers to that part of it!

• Love 2

QL was gonna have to do a lot of explaining if the Arrow case ever made it to trial.

Quentin's career is done. He's pretty much going to continue to go after Barry until one of them is done. 

The only real thing he'd have to explain is the same thing that the DA would have to explain and that's why they didn't search Oliver's known whereabouts as soon as they had his confession and he was in custody. It's not like they didn't know that Oliver had accomplices who would get rid of the evidence.

The only real thing he'd have to explain is the same thing that the DA would have to explain and that's why they didn't search Oliver's known whereabouts as soon as they had his confession and he was in custody. It's not like they didn't know that Oliver had accomplices who would get rid of the evidence.

Apparently immunity for Oliver's accomplices was a condition of his confession... and he only confessed verbally to Lance (probably in the Interrogation Room of No Recording Devices), which means it wasn't official anyways and the DA wasn't even involved yet.

Though, if that was the case, I'm not sure where Lance was taking Oliver in the paddy-wagon.  He should be able to process Oliver through to jail without an arrest, and the only evidence he had was the "confession," right?

Did I read somewhere that MG went to law school?

• Love 1

OQ can be detained while under suspcion, but I doubt that includes a paddy wagon ride. If he didn't formally arrest him & read him his Miranda rights, than that is another reason why the case could be thrown out. But maybe MG did it on purpose to let the case has reasonable means to be dropped. I'm no lawyer or criminal justice expert, but I believe you have to be read your rights before they place you in the Paddy Wagon, esp when it was a voluntary surrender not an extreme case of public safety where they were trying to get people off the streets/out of a crime scene.

I believe that MG actually worked as a lawyer for a few years.  Hard to believe, I know, considering the way the show plays fast and loose with legal issues.

Edited by tv echo

Apparently immunity for Oliver's accomplices was a condition of his confession... and he only confessed verbally to Lance (probably in the Interrogation Room of No Recording Devices), which means it wasn't official anyways and the DA wasn't even involved yet.

So basically, we're supposed to believe that Oliver turned himself in and that Captain Laurel was salivating so much to get Oliver to confess  that he pulled Oliver into  a corner where nobody was and apparently  made a handshake immunity deal with Oliver (who knows his way around the law)?    I guess they're not even trying anymore.

• Love 1

Well, like most schools, someone has to graduate at the top, and someone has to graduate at the bottom. 

I'm not asking for a 100% accurate look at the US justice system, but I would like some semblance of reality that would allow me to suspend my disbelief on the rest.

• Love 2

Brought over from the not so merry men.

AND crowing about Roy's death to Oliver. Roy who Lance knew wasn't the Arrow, but was a tremendously good-hearted young man who risked his life every night to help people. Quentin rubbed that into Oliver's face, breaking Oliver's heart and using the death of a good and kind young man to do it.

Ah, see I never heard it as crowing about Roy's death. I heard all the pain and loathing over Roy's death. He was furious that it was Roy who paid the price. This was a kid he'd been trying to save from himself for years. He knew he was a good kid at heart and he kept reaching out to him and in the end he failed and he was making sure Oliver knew he shared the blame. He might have broke Oliver's heart, but I already knew Quentins was breaking.

• Love 5

I have zero sympathy for Quentin, absolutely none whatsoever, and sincerely want him to die in a fire. So I think this is really an agree-to-disagree area. Quentin and Ray Palmer were both absolutely ruined for me by S3. I don't like rank hypocrites, and I really don't like abusive cops.

• Love 2

Brought over from the not so merry men.

Ah, see I never heard it as crowing about Roy's death. I heard all the pain and loathing over Roy's death. He was furious that it was Roy who paid the price. This was a kid he'd been trying to save from himself for years. He knew he was a good kid at heart and he kept reaching out to him and in the end he failed and he was making sure Oliver knew he shared the blame. He might have broke Oliver's heart, but I already knew Quentins was breaking.

That's how I see it too.  Quentin had already gone into the prison and tried to get Roy to tell the truth so he could get out.  I guess he had a soft spot for Roy and even knew who he was when he was in the Arsenal mask.

Quentin's default is to minimize his blame on those close to him and cast his hate at Oliver.  Oliver is the bad boy who led his good daughter Laurel down bad paths; Oliver is the one who took his Sara away and got her killed/joining a group of assassins

Now it's Oliver's fault that Roy is dead even though Quentin tried to save him.

When Quentin loves, he absolves the loved one from responsibility until he can't any more (Laurel's drinking).

• Love 5

Quentin is for me one of the biggest victims of S3's erratic writing. Granted, he became quite suddenly philosophical re:Oliver in S1 and his behavior of late wasn't without shades of the man he was then (bitterly grieving, making Oliver responsible, against vigilantism yet placing he city and the citizen before his personal feelings) but for me, it made no sense with his character arc and the man he had been for two seasons.

His actions made no more sense to me character-wise than Oliver breaking up with Felicity because of the life I lead bla-blah yet keeping her on the team, or than Felicity falling for a man she called a stalker or lying to Quentin about Sara's death. It makes even less sense when I think of him in S2-A when confronted to Sara's past and losing her to the LoA -he didn't play the blame game anymore- or his attitude when it came to the identity of the Hood. So for me the writers needed the characters to act like this, for plot-driven reasons and sacrificed him to service other characters' plots.

I certainly hope it's something they'll correct in S4, but I'm afraid they consider Quentin as expendable.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4

I think in TVland I have a lot of generosity toward a character that is so clearly suffering. I also don't think he is being as hypocritical in his actions as some perceive.

I have zero sympathy for Quentin, absolutely none whatsoever, and sincerely want him to die in a fire. So I think this is really an agree-to-disagree area. Quentin and Ray Palmer were both absolutely ruined for me by S3. I don't like rank hypocrites, and I really don't like abusive cops.

Well, we can agree to disagree and keep talking, right? :). Just a continued sharing of viewpoint with no expectation of changing any minds.

When it comes to covering for Laurel, yeah, he's a hypocrite but we'd hate him more if he did betray his daughter. It's that layer of complexity that I enjoy about him.

I think that beyond Laurel, he's not being hypocritical since his fiery anger is fueled by his past behavior and his belief that he'd made a serious error of judgement. He initially was hurt of course finding out Sara was dead. Then he feels betrayed both by his daughter the new vigilante for not telling him and yeah, he's not sure how he's going to forgive her but he still loves her and for all his hurt, he knows his daughter has flaws. She's a real person to him. But then there is the Arrow.

I think it was Quentin that put the Arrow up on a pedestal. He became a believer. And more than that, he'd let himself see the Arrow as a real partner in the live or die, always have your back way. The Arrow in keeping Sara's death a secret made a lie of this partnership Quentin felt he'd had. He is more than just grieving and feeling betrayed, he feels foolish and stupid for ever seeing the Arrow like that.

At first he's just upset and cuts his "partner" loose. He won't continue to play the chump. He's not trying to stop him and he's accepting his help, but the pedestal has been knocked over. He treats him like a criminal informant now. The trust is gone.

Then the bodies start dropping and all the testimony points to the Arrow. He at that point really doesn't know what to think. The trust is gone. His gut might even be telling him that it's not the Arrow, that he doesn't operate like that anymore but all he can do is work the cases he has. In Suicidal Tendencies, Quentin in on the case but only Ray is all Arrow is evol!

At the end of the episode Quentin scoffs at the need to hold a press conference just because a rich dude changed his mind and Laurel suggests he's letting his personal feeling cloud his judgment to which he replies maybe he was seeing things more clearly than he had for a few years.

My point? That it was a gradual build up to setting the hounds on them. He was already seriously wondering if the Arrow was guilty on some level before the Mayor got shot. Still, even though he seems to see th Arrow ( yes I just did a rewatch for this post. Suicidal Tendencies too. Side note: Ray actually does kind of apologies. How did I miss that before?) he doesn't immediately blame the Arrow. He just says simply suspect fleeing.

(Side note, when Ray is shot and on the ground, the blood around his mouth looks like ketchup. I swear I actually glanced around for a second looking for the fries. )

Quentin does then issue a warrant for the Arrows arrest. He still doesn't say he really thinks the Arrow killed the Mayor but that he should have trusted his first instinct that "this man is a killer and a criminal"and if he had trusted his first instincts, the mayor might still be alive. And back in the Foundry, Oliver agrees with him.

So at this point, I don't find Quentin hypocritical at all. His daughter may be a criminal but she not a killer (well, there was that one time...). I can't find real fault in his actions. He might not have been willing to give up the black canary's identity but he was willing to arrest her if he had the chance.

Laurel blames his actions on being in a lot of pain and Oliver says Quentin has lost his mind but before Ras tells him who the Arrow is, Quentin is going after the suspect that all the evidence is pointing to and not only doesn't Quentin trust the Arrow any more, he know longer trusts his own judgement that let him ever believe that he could trust the Arrow. After the initial man hunt three of his officers are in the hospital so when the Arrow calls to say you can't think I'm targeting innocents, Quentin is quick to point out the reality and that this madness has to end and says if you don't want anyone to get hurt, turn yourself in.

From the hero side they are reacting like an arrow killing the Mayor and multiple witnesses could just be brushed aside if only Cap Lance did not feel betrayed. I don't think that's a fair assessment of where the "facts" stood. Plus while he admits at first maybe he let his feeling of betrayal influence his attitude toward the killings, he'd already come to realize that ultimately, all the violence linked to the masks came about because of the Arrow. Something that we heard Quentin allude to at the beginning of the episode during the press conference on the Mayors death and something that Oliver on some level agreed with him. Lance was more right than he knew.

Quentin went nutso after Ras dropped his bomb. (Side note, forgot how great his fight was with his kidnapper! . And hey, how come Quentin giving Ras attitude and living doesn't automatically mean Ras was massively OOC?) But here is where I do give Quentin a break. The timeline says he finds out and gets Oliver in that transport van all in the same evening. Not an excuse but an understanding of how volatile his emotions were in that moment. He has IMO all these colder more fact based reasons and recriminations for why he should have followed his instincts and gone after the Arrow long ago to maybe prevent the current tragedy and on top of that cold logic was poured a river of fire and five years plus of pent up helpless rage.

Then Roy comes in and sets Oliver free and Lance knows a thousand times over that Roy isn't the one at fault. He is not the one that needs to pay. And Lance begs him not to throw his life away. And he dies senselessly. And as far as Lance knows, Roy was only the latest victim of the madness the Arrow...that Oliver wrought on his town.

Apart from a cameo on Flash where he is urged not to let disagreements get in the way of family, we next find Lance at work and that he's drinking again. Sara's death didn't send him back to the bottle. Neither did Laurel or the Arrow's betrayal. He held strong through these incidents. So what did? Sure probably a combo of all the above including knowing Oliver got off free, but included in that list of things weighing on his soul, I see Roy's death eating at him.

I also wonder if he tried to make sense of it. That Roy died during what he believed in, what he had faith was worth believing in and sacrificing himself. And it makes me wonder if clinging to that thought might have helped Quentin get to a place where he could put a little faith back into Oliver and the Arrow.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 6

I liked Quentin fine at the beginning of S3 and was genuinely horrified that no one told him about Sara's death. I found it really disturbing that once again he was denied a chance to bury his daughter. It was terrible and he had my full sympathy for most of the season.

But after Public Enemy and that hideous stuff he pulled with Oliver, the character is completely dead to me. He was just so hateful and vicious towards Oliver that I can't forgive him. I honestly don't care what happens to him, have no sympathy for him and wouldn't mind if we never saw him again.

And he can just stay away from Donna Smoak. Far, far away. Forever.

This is all on the writers. They tossed away almost 3 seasons of relationship building and character development over the span of a handful of episodes purely for plot needs.

I've probably thought too much about this, but so much of what went wrong with Quentin in the last part of S3 could have been solved for me with some very minor tweaks. Instead of having R'as tell Quentin only about the Arrow's identity, what if he had also told Quentin that Oliver was protecting Malcolm, aka Sara's murderer? At least then Quentin's anger towards Oliver would have been deserved, as well as his loss of trust and respect for the Arrow. And instead of raging out solely based on gossip he heard from the leader of a group of assassins, Quentin could have confronted Oliver and confirmed that the story was true. I don't know that Oliver would have been able to deny it if Quentin asked him to his face. Or he could have confirmed Malcolm's involvement from Laurel, either way makes more sense than him immediately believing R'as.

Also, if they had made Quentin's sudden anti-vigilante stance more about his concern for the people of Starling City once again getting caught in the middle of an Arrow vs the Big Bad disaster, I would have been more sympathetic towards his position too. As it was, his rabid desire to take Oliver down was based on personal motives and that made me dislike him even more.

• Love 10

QL became the patsy of both LL & the writers. I will still root for him on a redemption arc, because I can forgive some of his mistakes in s3. And because s3 was really not about characterization, so I can be more lenient as in my mind I try to pretend that a lot of s3 never happened. If the writers can willingly throw out 3 seasons worth of characterization, I can forget a few OOC moments or extremes. The most frustrating part was that every week they had characters vacillate from one extreme to the other. To push their plot, they failed at some many opportunities to make QL's vendetta realistic. I think PB is great & elevates the material he is given. I think its about time the writers actually give him a quality story arc and not just a gotcha filled paint-by numbers story they made us endure in s3.

• Love 3

I disagree, I think PB's answer was classic PB.  It's the same type of answer PB gave last year at D*C when the Arrow Panel was asked how they deal with getting rejected for Roles.  PB gave a very philosophical answer that pretty much matched his philosophy of that What If question.  I think it's just who he is and how he responds to things in life

This is why I love PB and don't want to see him go... I think he brings some of that gravitas without hamminess to the screen. Minus the OOC moments in s3 that crossed the line, I have always understood QL's perspective and role on the show. His antagonistic role to TA & OQ is a good foil for the show, esp in s2 & early s3 where he was stepping out the lines of justice to get justice, but still trying so desperately to believe in law & order. Part of me understands how he go to the point where he believes that his only option was to work with DD to save the city before he realized he was in to deep and DD was not a good man.

I also always imagined them putting him in a Commissioner Gordon role. Every Batman needs his Commissioner Gordon. Every Hero team needs that auxiliary but non-team member that provides grounding for the team in reality & consequences. He is the outsider or everyday man's perspective on right & wrong. He is also a flawed moral compass which makes him more interesting than some other more self-righteous options to represent the justice system on the show.

Also I do love his answers. Everyone believes he's on the shortlist (because he is, every school of thought and analysis would put him on that list), so its not that surprising that he's waxing poetic on it. So curious what he'll say and think if he finds out its not him.

• Love 3

If Dark didn't initially threaten Laurel to get Quentin to cooperate (that appears to be a new development) then I have to wonder what the hell he could have promised to make Quentin think siding with this guy would be any better than working with the Hood? How can look the other way and slow down your response times while my ghosts are throwing your new fangled Star City into chaos possibly be acceptable to someone as honorable as I thought Quentin was? Dark mind controlling him would make a lot more sense because I don't understand this at all.

• Love 1

I think there needs to be more explained about how the relationship between QL & DD developed before I can really judge. It doesn't seem like QL was aware of his involvement with the Ghosts, the mass murdering & the really bad stuff DD was doing. Perhaps DD sold himself as a philanthropist wanting to save the city. I do really want them to tell us how QL got entangled with DD, because I don't think that board meeting was the first time in 401, that was just the first Oh Shit what did I do meeting for QL. I still believe QL to be honorable, I think he was just severely mislead by DD and perhaps his own naivety in how to fix the problem. And now its too late - once you make a deal with a devil its hard to undo. There are no takebacks and the fine print usually gets the signee in the end.

Oh there was definitely a hypocritical turn for Quentin in S3, going after Oliver while ignoring the fact Laurel was doing the exact same thing, but there's a difference between ignoring your daughter breaking the law and willingly working with a villain to attack the city you're supposed to protect.

• Love 1

I'm beginning to wonder if the whole manhunt turn was to set-up QL to have this fall in grace & work with DD in s4. It does seem like they switched the script on him in s3b. I wonder if it was an intentional choice in the writers' room to bring him to that point, but start with it in s3b as a result of LL & TA's betrayal and lies. He's beyond his breaking point and kinda seems to be grasping at straws to help him save his city.

Some reviews of the last episode have painted Quentin Lance as the man of morals - the incorruptible one who Oliver has always looked up to and sought approval from - all to highlight the disappointment felt by Oliver when he finds out that Quentin has been working with DD.

However, as some of you have pointed out above, Quentin has done morally questionable things in the past.  He used his position with the SCPD to let Laurel skate on a DUI.  He looked the other way when Laurel assaulted that guy with a baseball bat and again when she dropped his name to bully her way past police guards to assault the injured guy in the hospital bed.  He did nothing about the vigilante activities of both his daughters, first Sara and then Laurel.  He assaulted a hand-cuffed suspect in police custody (Oliver). He's waffled back and forth on persecuting or enabling the Arrow's vigilante activities.

Maybe the EPs have a blind spot when it comes to both Lances - Quentin and Laurel - and there's a disconnect between how they're portrayed on the show and how they're described.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 5

Up until recently, I think Quentin WAS one of the most moral men on the show, alongside Diggle. He generally tried to do what was right AND worked with the confines of the law for the most part, stepping outside of them only when the law itself got in the way of doing the right thing. But he has completely abandoned and destroyed whatever moral high ground he may have had this season.

• Love 4

At this point I don't feel Quentin has any moral high ground to stand on but I can see how Oliver could think that way. It appears that he always had something of an appreciation for him. Moira even mentioned to Laurel in a flashback how Oliver wished Quentin would let him come around their house more often because he felt more like himself. There's even the fact that Quentin used to cook for his family. I remembered that as soon as I saw Oliver cooking. I can definitely see how Oliver idealized him well beyond the point when Quentin proved there was a lot about him that shouldn't be emulated.

• Love 2

Yeah Public Enemy (318) really started the fall of QL from any moral high ground, his working with DD and his justification for why he has to work with DD pretty much solidify that fall from moral authority. He really doesn't have a leg to stand on at this point. And I was so excited that OQ actually confronted him about it.

Prior to that, I thought he was one of the moral compasses of the show along with Dig. I mentioned in one of the threads that I think s4 is going to be the parallel journeys of the two moral compasses of Arrow as they find their way back home.

The only person he really let slide with stuff is his daughter. And having a blindspot for family is human. I won't hold that against him. He really did always try to do the best for his city and justice. He tried to act within the confines of the law, but also utilized TA when people’s safety was more important. He had found a very good place in his role in s3a. Which is why it was so disappointing that the writers decided to destroy that for plot in s3b.

But I do have hopes that they might have a good redemption arc planned for him this season. I also like the thought of a double agent working with TA to take down DD. The only person that could occupy that role was QL. Theoretically, LL could have done it. But that would have interfered with their banging our heads against the wall plan that LL is the newest & bestest TA member ever.  Bonus for writers and audiences - PB can actually act those double-agent scenes.

• Love 1
The only person he really let slide with stuff is his daughter.

Daughters.  When Laurel was trying to get  him to give Thea another chance, she talked about how he had got Sara off a charge (I think it was shoplifting).

I guess it depends on his triggers and his control over his drinking habits. I do like the writers made sure to identify that it was club soda. I thought he might have slipped off the wagon again like in s3b.

IDK, writing addictions is hard since they are so individualized and yet universal. Nashville just set-up a recovering alcoholic as becoming part owner of a bar. Which makes we scratch my head more than sitting at a bar. So perhaps it might be a lack of understanding addiction in TV writers room. Or maybe they use addiction to set-up plots & drama. Some shows handle it better than others. ARROW seems pretty middle of the road. I also think some writers have a better understanding of it than others based upon the inconsistency of what we have seen of the Lances's addictions.

I'm not an alcoholic, nor have I spent a lot of time around alcoholics, so I'm not sure about how it all plays out in real life. I know in the health profession when someone has an addiction, they try to encourage people to not return to a setting that tempts them or has triggers. For example, don't work in a department that has easy access or a lot of exposures to pills if you had a pills addiction. Some workplace won't even allow it. But IRL, people also have to learn how to deal with everyday things, their triggers and their addictions, so maybe QL has learned to deal with being in a bar. He has had multiple sober bar scene this series since s1. So who knows. It also seemed like a restaurant bar and not like a bar bar, so there is that. In restaurants, a lot of people eat at the bar instead of sitting at a table by themselves, so maybe that was all it was.

• Love 1

I thought it was strange that Quentin was sitting at the bar all by himself.  I think you'd feel really left out if you weren't drinking and not in the same mental state as the other patrons.  Like the video of the cast partying last weekend, more than three sheets to the wind.  I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had some alcohol in me too but cold sober they did look silly.

Quentin was already at a bar at least once nursing a club soda. I think it was eason 1. I remember Laurel finding him there and thinking he was off the wagon, but then tasted soda. It's got to be season 1, she was the one more likely to be caught at a bar in season 2. So I suppose he can deal with it.

Good for him. My autocorrect wanted that to be gin, ha. But like statsgirl pointed out, unless I'm drunk as well I find drunk people so annoying and can't stand to be around them. Maybe middle aged people have more patience with that sort of thing than my millenial self.

But it wasn't a bar bar. It was a restaurant. There were no drunk people around. It be different if it had been verdent or some dive bar.

I bet it was Gerards and we were getting a preview for OQs big event. Or the set people were just getting a break.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Angel12d said:

http://bratvaolicity.tumblr.com/post/91190484170/arrow-meme-four-brotps-¾-felicity

I found this old gifset of Quentin and Felicity scenes and it made me kinda sad because not only have we not had any scenes between them in forever but this Quentin is unrecognizable now. They kinda ruined him tbh, all for the sake of these plots/arcs with his "daughters."

This is the reason why I can't quite give up on Quentin.  He can be such a great character when they use him right.    I know it's been a while since that has happened but I know he could pivot back to being great if only they would let him.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

This is the reason why I can't quite give up on Quentin.  He can be such a great character when they use him right.    I know it's been a while since that has happened but I know he could pivot back to being great if only they would let him.  

They keep pushing him into storylines with his daughters though and it's actually at a detriment to his character. Most of the scenes I've enjoyed with Quentin usually involve everyone but his daughters tbh. I liked the scene where he gave Oliver a watch at the Olicity wedding reception. I didn't even mind some of the Rene/Quentin moments. Thea/Quentin is nice, too, most of the time. But with his daughter's lookalike on the show now, I feel like they're always going to revert to the kind of scenes that just don't do Quentin any favors. 

• Love 1

Lance did have some good scenes,PB is one of the best actors on the show and Lance is the one father figure as well as one of the few non masked characters left but idk I feel like he needs to be gone despite that.I'll always have his creepiness in the back of my mind when I'm watching his scenes from now on,even when this horrible BS obsession is over lol.

And I think this whole storyline really showed a crazy level of selfishness from Lance as well as a lack of caring for human lives and the characters on the show he's supposed to be close to,all as long as he gets what he wants.That will be hard to forget and I think it needs to have some serious consequences.If he just goes like well I guess BS isn't Laurel after all,after everything she's done by now and he's ignored,it won't feel enough for me because they've had him go so far.

• Love 1

I need them to put Quentin in some position of power again. Him having to play glorified assistant to Oliver really doesnt do it for me. He doesn't have any sense of authority anymore. 

I also need them to just end it with the daughter drama. Either allow him to be happy with this Laurel and form some new kind of bond or just allow him to move on. A relationship wouldn't hurt either (for majority of the cast as well)

I think having Quentin as Deputy Mayor could have led to interesting storylines but the EPs just used it as a place to park him till they needed him for another storyline rather than an actual storyline.

I suspect PB is enjoying The Madness of Quentin Lance because it's the first juicy storyline he's been able to get his teeth into in ages.

• Love 2