Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Scar Tissue

ohjoy

Billy’s appearance is not as exaggerated as I expected.  Scarred but not horrifying.  I don’t know about his attempt at redemption.  He’s not off to a good start.  Call the cops, doctor.

Still having trouble warming to the girl.

Det. Mahoney’s joke that his ex didn't shoot him in the head was tasteless.  However, he didn’t deserve to be shot, and he should have reported Madani.  She’s dangerous right now, and being a federal officer does not exempt her from review.  She may claim that she’s interested in her kind of justice and not Frank’s, but it doesn’t seem that way.

Nice to see Curt.

• Love 2

So Billy is supposed to be horrific looking because he has a few partially healed scars on his face? He looks like he was in a car accident. Most people wouldn’t think twice about it. Frank looks the same half the time. 

Getting tired of the mystery of the girl. Let’s get to it already.

Neither The Pilgrim not Billy seem particularly interesting as villains at this point. 

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Ottis said:

So Billy is supposed to be horrific looking because he has a few partially healed scars on his face? He looks like he was in a car accident. Most people wouldn’t think twice about it. Frank looks the same half the time. 

Ha ha, so true.

• Love 2

I was thinking that too.  Honestly I feel like the average person wouldn't give it a second thought. Obviously if you talk to him for more then a few minutes, he seems unstable.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, Ottis said:

Came here specifically to say that. He was wearing that weird mask because he has a few scars, that will probably look more sexy than horrific once fully healed? (I mean they should be fully healed after multiple months, but they don't look it. Imo the makeup department fucked up.) I'm flabbergasted. I'm seriously laughing out loud right now. It's so absurd.

If you want to make somebody look horribly scared for life, next time cgi away an eye and leave a hole there. Maybe also cgi aay the nose.

Edited by Miles
  • Love 3

I found this episode kind of slow, mostly because I don't really care for Bill's childhood trauma. And not a lot seemed to be going on in Madani's apartment.

On the other hand Madani did shoot an unarmed black man so that kind of got my attention.

Ben Barnes was really good and I think they are doing a strong job with Billy but the lack of serious scars was ridiculous.  I understand not wanting to make him look like comic counterpart but you could have altered his face more.  The man still looks like a pretty boy and nobody would look twice at those scars.  Hell, they would probably just tell him "cool scars."

Really good episode although Madani shooting the cop was ridiculous too.

• Like 1
  • Love 5

All of the people lecturing Frank to not kill anyone, in the first season - they are the same people telling him that he should have put an end to Russo. They need to shut up. 

I'd assumed that these elite people chasing the girl, would be from a firm like Russo's. He really seems to have lost his memory. Of course his doctor is young and very pretty, and seems to have taken a liking to him, so she doesn't do what she should be doing. 

"Amy", if that's her name: she didn't open up about what happened to her, so I'm surprised that she's asking Frank why he didn't say anything about his family.

As much as I don't like Russo, I was ready for him to hurt that guy. I guess he sexually abused them? "I loved you all, and sometimes you loved me back." Ugh. Extremely creepy.

Russo is still pretty, even if his face cut up. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Heh, yeah, someone clearly decided that if you're going to have Ben Barnes on your show, you really can't "ugly" him up too much, comic book canon be damned!  Those scars definitely seemed tame compared to all of the mask wearing, but I guess he is at least making it up on the inside, since he's clearly become unstable.  Of course, his doctor/therapist really isn't helping matter either...

Poor Mahoney!  When you're not too busy on Daredevil dealing with Foggy and Matt's hijinks, you're here getting shot by a trigger-happy Madani!

So, the girl is now claiming that here real name is Amy.  We shall see.

Yay, Curtis!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

So the Jigsaw concept will be psychological? Maybe it is for the Jigsaw counterparts in other media and the comics, but this character is more of one of the ones I know of, not necessarily know, so I was hoping for something a little more gruesome physically. I'm here for the religious group though, over Russo. In the previous episode, the minute you saw the couple inform Pilgrim--had to luck up his name--of his mission, plus in this episode, the mention of Rachel/Amy and her group of massacred pals taking photos of men kissing... you know what's happening. All pieces somewhat in place. I'm here for that. 

Edited by CyberJawa1986
On 1/28/2019 at 7:25 PM, Anela said:

All of the people lecturing Frank to not kill anyone, in the first season - they are the same people telling him that he should have put an end to Russo. They need to shut up. 

Hubby and I are rewatching right now and man, this aspect of it is just infuriating to me. Everybody wants to tell Frank he's taking it too far and he needs to stand down as long as HE is the only one who has been affected by someone's actions, but the minute it starts hitting their doorstep they're jumping down his throat because he didn't finish the job properly and so now they're suffering. STFU. I mean, really. SHUT. THE. F( )CK. UP.

UGH. Madani is the worst, too. THE worst.

• Like 1
  • Love 1