Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E12: Collision Course

ohjoy

I am trying to understand how Madani is the head of anything when she can barely fight a doctor?  Then turns around and is victorious over someone who is three times more skilled?  Her wardrobe was great, but considering that she was chasing a criminal it strains belief that she would do it in heels....I would have liked them to show her taking one off and putting it in someone's neck and then I would have understood....

• Love 4

Was I the only one who laughed out loud when Krista fell out of the window?  Her screaming in slowmo with the glass all around her was hilarious.

The show clearly worked hard on that fight but it's hard for me to take it seriously when Madani should have finished off Kristia in about three seconds.  Seriously, even with a cut arm, there's no way that should have been a life or death fight for a skilled government agent.  The actress was playing a meek and untrained shrink...not her cop character from Supergirl.  A fight between THOSE characters would have been seriously awesome but this fight just makes Madani look weak as hell and reaffirms that she should be nowhere near law enforcement.

Pilgrim finally starts to get interesting (and the chase was cool) but it has the result of putting Frank of all people on the back burner of this episode.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 2

This episode- like much of this season- was about as subtle as a heart attack.

It's been pretty clear since we first saw Dumont looking out that window back in, what- episode 4 or 5?- that she was going to end up going through it.

And let's not forget the not too obvious "hey everyone? See this teapot? See how it's slowly coming to a boil? Just like the tension in this room?" hint, hint, hit you in the face, hint!

Ugh. It has been a slog for me to even get to this episode, after finally managing to (fast forward) my way through the prior two. This season really lost its momentum quickly, and dragged out plots, completely dropped others until the last minute, and retreaded story arcs from last season (Frank saves cop, who starts to change his attitude somewhat). 

Just such a letdown. I usually get through these things in a weekend, week tops. 

• Love 1
On 1/20/2019 at 9:32 PM, catrice2 said:

I am trying to understand how Madani is the head of anything when she can barely fight a doctor?  Then turns around and is victorious over someone who is three times more skilled?  Her wardrobe was great, but considering that she was chasing a criminal it strains belief that she would do it in heels....I would have liked them to show her taking one off and putting it in someone's neck and then I would have understood....

Those heels kill me. She is a gorgeous woman who likes her expensive shoes, but she can wear better footwear than that (just like the rest of us), when she expects to be chasing criminals. I remember the American version of Touching Evil, and Vera Farmiga's character was always running around in stilettos. 

I also would have thought that she would be better trained in fighting. It was obvious the doctor was going out of the window (and creepy that she slept with a man that reminded her of her father, not because he had any good characteristics, but because he tried to kill her Romeo and Juliet style, to get back at her mother). Also obvious that she was going to try to push her head into the flame. I said, "oh my fucking god" as she sliced into her face, though. Got to remind myself that it was fake. Fake knife, fake blood, they're fine and friends in real life. I didn't have that reaction to the woman going out the window, because she was a psychopath. 

Annoyed that the policeman drew a gun on Frank, even after he saved him from the ambulance, before it predictably blew up. 

Watching the last episode now. 

• Love 2

Yeah, Madani having that big of an issue with fighting Dumont really did her no failures.  Had Dumont legit stabbed her, I could buy it being a tougher battle, but since it look like the initial knife attack barely did anything, Madani should have easily been able to take her out.  But, whatever: Dumont is dead by getting thrown out of the window (and, yes, the slowmo screaming laughably horrible), and now Russo is likely going to have his sights set on Madani now.  Yawn!  Once again, Floriana Lima is wasted by another show.  Hopefully some show out there will eventually get her a good (or at least decent) character.

On the other hand, Curtis apparently has a jaw of steel!  How many punches did he take from those brass knuckles?  And he can not only still speak, but walk around?  Damn!

Frank thinks Pilgrim kidnapped Amy, but she really was hiding in the trunk all along, so she can kill Pilgrim herself.

I think Madani's taking a worse beating here than she did from Krista!   But like the rest of you, I thought, um, aren't you trained for exactly this sort of thing?  I rationalized by it imagining Krista had psychotic strength.

On 1/29/2019 at 8:17 AM, benteen said:

Was I the only one who laughed out loud when Krista fell out of the window?  Her screaming in slowmo with the glass all around her was hilarious.

I cheered because I hate the character.  So tired of weak female enablers.

On 2/2/2019 at 1:24 AM, Anela said:

I said, "oh my fucking god" as she sliced into her face, though. Got to remind myself that it was fake. Fake knife, fake blood, they're fine and friends in real life.

We see so many scenes like that where the knife comes close to the eyes, the face,  but almost never does it *keep* coming, steadily and unstoppably cutting into the soft flesh of a woman's face.   Especially such a beautiful woman.

I found it difficult to buy that Pilgrim would leave Curtis alive.

• Love 1
On 2/2/2019 at 1:24 AM, Anela said:

Those heels kill me. She is a gorgeous woman who likes her expensive shoes, but she can wear better footwear than that (just like the rest of us), when she expects to be chasing criminals. I remember the American version of Touching Evil, and Vera Farmiga's character was always running around in stilettos. 

I imagine in real life a special agent in charge probably spends almost zero time chasing anyone. That said this is the MCU so what the hell.

There was a lot of stupid in this episode (and not just Madani who doesn't even bother to take the keys out of her car) that kept me from really enjoying it. An ambulance weighs at least 2-3 times what a police car does, so how exactly was Pilgrim able to push Mahoney off the road? For that matter how the hell did Mahoney not only survive but was able to basically walk off that ambulance crash.

As for Curtis, maybe lock the door of the trailer, when 2 of the people staying in it have bounties on their heads. Although I am beginning to wonder if Pilgrim is some kind of superhuman. I mean the guy has had that giant open wound in his side for at least a day or 2 and hasn't died from blood loss yet. And on top of that he is now picking shot gun pellets out of his leg.

As a crippled person with spine issues, I hope I don't offend anyone...

but Agent Madani had trouble with the crippled doctor.

And they've only teased Dumont being tossed by someone through a window all season, we knew it was coming, but... it was soooo cheeesy...