Type keyword(s) to search

Hoarders - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Let’s spend the day moving this pile of crap to the other side of the house. 

Typical hoarder tactics. "I'm not being respected! This is my stuff! I need to go through everything! Turn those cameras off! I'm DONE!"

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I'm surprised at how clean the pool looks. I was expecting a green gross mess. 

The kitchen is relatively clean too. 

The junk in this place just goes on and on. 

Brandon is hot. 

Edited by Stevie Nicks
  • Like 1
(edited)
On 6/5/2023 at 9:36 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Imagine the smell, at least it is outside.

There's a lot inside too, but only enough room for Louise to use part of the living room, kitchen, and the bathroom.   Apparently, except for the office, other rooms are still full.   

I can only imagine what happened when the finance company actually inspected, or the city fire marshal did.   Or when they see this episode.     I can only imagine the legions of rats running into the neighbor's yards.   

Isn't that a Juggalo tat on Gabe's neck?    

Andy's just churning, and delaying until this is over, and then he'll be out there in his truck, collecting more junk.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Sad 2

Exactly. They have to stop every five minutes and give him hair pats and hugs. 

Oh Dr. Z, right on top of things as usual. "I'm beginning to suspect that the real issue isn't the break". Excuse me while I die laughing.

• LOL 8
(edited)

Who does Zasio think she's kidding?   They've cleaned up the yard repeatedly, and Andy still rehoards.   With plans for multiple storage sheds, he definitely is going to rehoard, and even more than before.   Zasio is kidding about Andy changing and not rehoarding, isn't she?   I bet Andy's idea is to build multiple warehouses on the property, not just little storage sheds, like the ones most people put mowers and outdoor stuff in.  

Andy's already planning how to build structures, and hide the hoard from the authorities.   However, when the finance company drops in to inspect, he can't stop them, and that house will be gone.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3
(edited)

Is Zasio kidding?   That was Louise's house, not Andy's, and as soon as the reverse mortgage company or the city inspect it, that house will be gone.  I wonder if anyone told Zasio that rats love to nest in those palm trees.    Andy is pissed because they cleaned out 15 truck loads of his hoard. 

Scrap metal added up to $760 for five truckloads of scrap.  That's pathetic. 

I can't wait until the city codes people, and reverse mortgage people see the rest of the hoard, and find out Andy is building storage buildings to hold his hoard. 

Epilogue, is Andy refused therapy and aftercare.    Andy is rehoarding and dumpster diving, and going through construction sites.   Andy is going to pile junk up quickly, in my opinion.      Gabe is trying to get Adult Protective Services to do something, but from what I've seen, nothing will happen. 

Adult Protective Services is useless, so why is Gabe even bothering to call them?    Andy is a lost cause, and his mother will never stand up to him.   Look how she claimed he was so good to her, piling her house and yard full of garbage, with rats living in it, bringing random people there to live to help him collect junk.   I bet some of the reverse mortgage money paid for that expensive truck Andy hauls garbage home with.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Dr Zazio, just because Louise is 94yo, it doesn’t mean you have to talk to her like she’s a two year old with cognitive challenges.

Dr. Zazio is trying to be interested, but doesn't really know how. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Zasio talks to everyone like they're 2 years old, and didn't make it to the potty in time.   

I'm betting that the property will be sold as a tear down, because of the hoard, and the amount of land.  You could put a cul-de-sac of villas, or townhouses on that property and make a fortune.    With $500,000 owed on the property to the reverse mortgage company, and I'm sure massive liens from the city, there is no way Louise will get a penny out of that house.  

I bet Louise is terrified of going to assisted living, and will never voluntarily leave that house.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Is Zasio kidding?   That was Louise's house, not Andy's, and as soon as the reverse mortgage company or the city inspect, that house will be gone.  I wonder if anyone told Zasio that rats love to nest in those palm trees.    Andy is pissed because they cleaned out 15 truck loads of his hoard. 

Scrap metal added up to $760 for five truckloads of scrap.  That's pathetic. 

I can't wait until the city codes people, and reverse mortgage people see the rest of the hoard, and find out Andy is building storage buildings to hold his hoard. 

Epilogue, is Andy refused therapy and aftercare.    Andy is rehoarding and dumpster diving, and going through construction sites.   Andy is going to pile junk up quickly, in my opinion.      Gabe is trying to get Adult Protective Services to do something, but from what I've seen, nothing will happen. 

Scrap metal is like pennies a pound...so $760 was a lot of pounds. 

Gabe is going to be a huge help to Louise. 

1 minute ago, mjt626 said:

The only hope the family has is to sell the property to pay off the loan and have mom move in with Mike.

I wouldn't want anyone to have to live with Mike. 

• Like 5
(edited)

Okay, I'm going to have to defend Andy a little bit.  I have sort of crush on him.  I like 'em old, leathery, and surprisingly strong.

First off, Louise asked him to come and live with her after her husband died. She said he takes good care of her, shops, cooks, takes her to the doctor, etc.  Most importantly to a 93 year old he's there twenty-four seven.  My neighbor is 101, for the last five years she's had around the clock aides.  That means four fulltime women, three for the eight hour shifts plus one aide for the days off.  they may be more professional than Andy but he loves her and that makes a big difference. 

Would Mike want to pay salaries for four fulltime caregivers? I see it all the time, whenever there's one child who is a caregiver all the siblings are free with the criticism.

I was also on Andy's side about getting the yard done before the carport. It's the yard that's going to get the place condemned.

I knew within ten minutes that Andy wasn't therapy material.  You could see how he hated all the stops for conversation about feelings.  He doesn't respond well to therapy-speak. "Andy I can tell you're frustrated,"  was followed by, "I already know how I feel." 

I hope he and Louise can out run the long arm of the law and the mortgage company.

Was Louise the first nice older lady the show has ever had?

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Okay, I'm going to have to defend Andy a little bit.  I have sort of crush on him.  I like 'em old, leathery, and surprisingly strong.

When I saw him pick the tar paper out of the dumpster I thought "a man after my own heart". I would have plucked that out too. It was heavy duty industrial stuff. I have stopped and gotten a nice set of cast iron patio chairs out of someone's trash. And an antique sink that I use to plant flowers in. I have no shame. 🤣

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
On 6/6/2023 at 11:28 AM, JudyObscure said:

First off, Louise asked him to come and live with her after her husband died. She said he takes good care of her, shops, cooks, takes her to the doctor, etc.  Most importantly to a 93 year old he's there twenty-four seven.  My neighbor is 101, for the last five years she's had around the clock aides.  That means four fulltime women, three for the eight hour shifts plus one aide for the days off.  they may be more professional than Andy but he loves her and that makes a big difference.

I’m not defending Andy’s hoard. It was awful and he definitely needed more psychiatric help than he agreed to. But…

… he did seem to be really good to his mom and I was touched when he was putting drops in her eyes. She clearly wanted to stay in her home and honestly, it didn’t seem to me like anyone else in the family was volunteering to take on the responsibility. Sure, Mike said that he would take her in and maybe he would. But insofar as caring for Mom, Andy was doing a good job. I was shocked that the kitchen and bathroom were as clean as they were.

In the shallow end… what the hell was going on with Mike’s teeth? Were those just really bad veneers? It looked like he was wearing one of those “flippers” that child beauty pageant contestants wear…

• Like 4