Type keyword(s) to search

Hoarders - General Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)

Dr. Zasio rides again.     I read this was actually filmed about a year ago.  The hoard looks cleaner, until they find something turned into a sailrat.    Tonya Harding should worry about being buried in the hoard, it is earthquake country.  

Lia started showing her true self quickly didn't she?   Snapping at Zasio this fast. 

So, Lia freaks out and starts gasping whenever her hoard starts falling over.   Sounds like an anxiety attack to me.  (nope not a medical person, but I've seen hysteria before).   Great way to get attention for her, and it's all about her. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
2 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Dr. Zasio rides again.     I read this was actually filmed about a year ago.  The hoard looks cleaner, until they find something turned into a sailrat.    Tonya Harding should worry about being buried in the hoard, it is earthquake country.  

Lia started showing her true self quickly didn't she?   Snapping at Zasio this fast. 

We found her trigger.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Lia is going to blow any second now. She's teetering on the brink.

I ran to the kitchen to heat up soup. When I came back, a son was putting his foot down.  What did I miss?

(edited)

Battalion Chief Mark and Cory going into the death trap of a house, there's actually a second story, and Mark says that was always hoarded.   Mark hasn't been in the house since 1995 or 1996.   

Lia is sulking like a little kid.   She has no intention of cleaning anything out.   Ken will never stand up to her, he never has, not even to save her own children.   Cory's wrong, Lia isn't checked out, she's angry, and anything that goes out of the house, she will replace as fast as she can.    I can't stand her, she doesn't care about her sons, or her wimp of a husband, and doesn't care about the people who will die to try to save her from a fire someday.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Suzywriter said:

I ran to the kitchen to heat up soup. When I came back, a son was putting his foot down.  What did I miss?

The walkthrough with Cory, complete with sharp intakes of breath and mutterings of "I never knew it was this bad".

I hope they're at least getting a decent hotel and not some hot sheet place near the airport. A Best Western at least. 

All over the neighborhood, curtains are twitching as everyone unleashes their inner Gladys Cravitz. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

The real Lia surfaces again.   By the way, other hoarders have gone to assisted living, they always try to hoard there too.   Lia might remember that assisted living can toss patients out for hoarding, or being hostile the way she is. 

Lia flouncing off with her walker is ridiculous.   She's such a liar, Cory and Mark did discuss this with her, and she agreed.  

Yes, the number of crew members and truck are massive, and I've read the cleanouts would cost any other clients $100k, or more.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
Just now, Pepper Mostly said:

"They go with a different outfit!" Gold, I tell you. She only needs red white or blue.

Any one of those colors would suffice.

Just now, CrazyInAlabama said:

The real Lia surfaces again.   By the way, other hoarders have gone to assisted living, they always try to hoard there too.   Lia might remember that assisted living can toss patients out for hoarding, or being hostile the way she is. 

Lia flouncing off with her walker is ridiculous.   She's such a liar, Cory and Mark did discuss this with her, and she agreed.  

She's grieving.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Cory is a better therapist than the therapist. 

Ad break. I am losing my mind from mosquito and black fly bites. There's probably some poIlen mixed in, too.  my arms, hands, face, neck and ears are covered with a burning rash because my immune system couldn't fit this much itch into just the bite spots. I have ice on my ears to cool them down. Lord, I hate summer!

• Hugs 4

Oh, I am sorry! That is misery. Does Benadryl cream help? 

It helps for maybe 10 minutes, and then wears off. I tried Aspercreme, too. I've taken Allegra and a Benadryl when I took my soup break. I'll take another Benadryl before bed. If I'm unconscious, I won't itch. 

• Hugs 2
(edited)

Zasio will do anything to keep the cameras going.   Lia is a lost cause, and will never cooperate.    

I find it hysterical that Zasio is trying to use logic on Lia, she doesn't care, she never did, and she never will.    The local fire department should send an inspector, and condemn the house.   That's the only way to get Lia out of that house.  

I've used After Bite (ammonia in a white tube) right after I get bitten by ants, or mosquitos.   It only works before you scratch it.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

It helps for maybe 10 minutes, and then wears off. I tried Aspercreme, too. I've taken Allegra and a Benadryl when I took my soup break. I'll take another Benadryl before bed. If I'm unconscious, I won't itch. 

Aargh! How awful. Oatmeal bath? Epsom salts? Calamine lotion? A Qtip dipped in alcohol on the bites? One of the kids had a bad case of poison ivy once and I got some stuff called Tecnu. 

She's churning for all she's worth!

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Aargh! How awful. Oatmeal bath? Epsom salts? Calamine lotion? A Qtip dipped in alcohol on the bites? One of the kids had a bad case of poison ivy once and I got some stuff called Tecnu. 

She's churning for all she's worth!

Alcohol wipes work for a minute or two. I'll get some witch hazel tomorrow.  The Orkin man is coming next week to spray the grass. I feel bad about killing things that are innocent bystanders, but I cannot live like this for the whole summer. 

Oooh! I used to take bleach baths (1/2 cup in a tub of water) when I had eczema! Maybe that will help. 

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Hugs 2

I really just think the show picked the wrong hoarder with Lia. She doesn't want to be there, and the sons and Zaz and Cory are hounding her on the verge of bullying.

Son (the favorite one?) hasn't been there in 27 years and he comes swooping in telling her what to do just because he's a fire chief? I'd be pissy too.

Oh, now, the husband steps in. Finally. See, the husband should have stepped in decades ago. Not, "I'm concerned about you," but, "I'm not going to live this way." This should've been about the husband, not the hoarder, in this case.

• Like 3

Her husband is pretty nice too. She has a nice kind husband and three nice kind sons. She's pretty lucky. 

Looks like everyone in that house has tiptoed around trying not to upset her, no matter what they had to do to keep the peace. It also looks like they were fighting a losing battle, because she really does care more about the red white and blue than she does about any human in that family. 

Let her leave.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Lia is such a bully.    She only cares about her junk, and adding to her hoard.   She has no care about anyone else.   

Zasio is not telling the truth, hoarders keep literal garbage on every show.  

The producers must be desperate for footage they can show.  Cory is joking, isn't he?  That laundry room is fill to the ceiling with junk.      The husband takes all of these years to stay anything to his wife, too little too late.  He should have stopped this many years ago to protect his sons.   

• Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Suzywriter said:

Looks like everyone in that house has tiptoed around trying not to upset her, no matter what they had to do to keep the peace. It also looks like they were fighting a losing battle, because she really does care more about the red white and blue than she does about any human in that family. 

As I recall, that's pretty much the usual MO for the hoarders on this show. The family doesn't want to upset her (just like on my 600 pound life), and the hoarders only love their hoards.

"Everything we've accomplished so far". So, nothing then. 

(edited)

Now Lia wants to keep that nasty freezer she hasn't opened in many years.     They should stop trying, and leave.   Continuing this on film is pathetic.    Zasio calling this working with hoarders and their families is disgusting, she's just there to keep the filming going.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

She seems like one of those hoarders you hear about that kill themselves after a clean out.  Granted, those are usually "surprise" clean outs while they're gone, but still.  She's really really so far gone.  Yes, she's got all the hoarder manipulation tactics, but this seems like even something else/more to me. 

• Like 3
Just now, aquarian1 said:

She seems like one of those hoarders you hear about that kill themselves after a clean out.  Granted, those are usually "surprise" clean outs while they're gone, but still.  She's really really so far gone.  Yes, she's got all the hoarder manipulation tactics, but this seems like even something else/more to me. 

I'm with you. She is showing symptoms rather than just stubbornness. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)

So, after all of these years, Ken gets a backbone?   Too little too late.  

My guess is Lia is like my mother, pitches a fit whenever she doesn't get her way, because people will back down. 

I don't think she has dementia, I think she's always been mean.    I feel sorry for any patients that she had control over. 

Zasio is wasting her breath, Lia will never give up being mean, and rotten.   Ken is not going to stand up to Lia for long, he never has, and he never will.   So even Ken the spineless snaps.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

My guess is Lia is like my mother, pitches a fit whenever she doesn't get her way, because people will back down.   I don't think she has dementia, I think she's always been mean.    I feel sorry for any patients that she had control over. 

So you and I had similar mothers, huh?

• Hugs 1

I think Ken has felt defeated for so long and now has the strength of his kids and the whole production crew behind him.  I also think he doesn't want to see this chance and this help wasted, or more wasted that it already is.  This is probably all subconscious, too, but still the motivating factors.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)
2 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I think Ken has felt defeated for so long and now has the strength of his kids and the whole production crew behind him.  I also think he doesn't want to see this chance and this help wasted, or more wasted that it already is.  This is probably all subconscious, too, but still the motivating factors.. 

Ken has had to choose between losing his wife and losing the clutter. She made it clear that she doesn't love him or the boys, and prefers her possessions to their company.  She alluded to that at the beginning of the show when she said "I never had friends. I don't know why, I just didn't.". She said it without sadness, more like she couldn't be bothered. She doesn't like people. 

10 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She is very, very depressed, for sure. 

She is also straight up nuts. 

Edited by Suzywriter
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

What a typical hoarder, Lia's car's full of junk. 

Cory is full of it, that laundry room is a fire hazard.      That house is destroyed.  The poor cleaners being exposed to that awful mess.   At least they took the fridge out.   

Lia is full of it.   She's already planning how to rehoard the house.    They could at least get a new mattress. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama