Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

Glee

Congratulations to Darren Criss for winning a Golden Globe!

Best Actor, Limited Series or TV Movie
Darren Criss, "American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace"

• Like 4

On 1/6/2019 at 10:13 PM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Congratulations to Darren Criss for winning a Golden Globe!

Best Actor, Limited Series or TV Movie
Darren Criss, "American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace"

It was a clean Awards sweep - Emmy, Critics Choice, Golden Globe and SAG. To say this was, thus far, the role of his career, would be an understatement. 

• Like 3

Alex Newell joins The Scarlet Pimpernel concert at Lincoln Center

Casting is complete for Manhattan Concert Productions' upcoming staging of the celebrated musical The Scarlet Pimpernel. The previously announced production, directed by Tony nominee Gabriel Barre and music-directed by Jason Howland, will appear for one night at Lincoln Center's David Geffen Hall on February 18, 2019 at 8:00pm. 

New to the cast is Alex Newell (Once on This Island) as Farleigh, Kevin Duda (Beautiful) as Elton/Coupeau, John Treacy Egan (My Fair Lady) as Ozzy, Chris Dwan (Finding Neverland) as Hal/Tussaud, Kevin Kern (Finding Neverland) as Ben/Mercier, Eliseo Román (On Your Feet!) as Dewhurst, Ashley Loren (Jekyll & Hyde) as Helene and Yasmeen Sulieman (Beautiful) as Chloe, with Alysha Deslorieux, Ashley Blanchet, TyNia Brandon and Sara Sheperd completing the ensemble.

They join the previously announced Tony nominee Tony Yazbeck as Percy Blakeney, Tony nominee Laura Osnes as Marguerite, Tony nominee Norm Lewis as Chauvelin, Corey Cott as Armand, Drew Gehling as Prince of Wales/Robespierre and Dana Costello as Marie.

On 1/30/2019 at 7:00 PM, truthaboutluv said:

It was a clean Awards sweep - Emmy, Critics Choice, Golden Globe and SAG. To say this was, thus far, the role of his career, would be an understatement. 

His career probably still has many years to go, but this role was certainly a perfect fit, coming at the right time in his life (he might look too old in just a few years). But aside from the age and shared ethnicity , it seems his acting skills were also a major necessary factor, as recognized by various groups of awards voters who know a thing or two about these things.

Perhaps his next venture will be another personal milestone, voicing a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle in an animated movie due this Spring.

I believe he showed himself to be a fan of TMNT in the past.

Edited by Florinaldo

On 2/21/2019 at 5:05 PM, Lovecat said:

And it was...quite the affair.

Quite elaborate and memorable indeed from the looks of it, with music all around (it's almost as if it was an attendance condition for guests that they agree to perform a song or two). 😉

Max Adler posted a group picture of some of the Glee people in attendance. DC is wearing the traditional Filipino shirt referred to in the article Lovecat linked to.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, marymon said:

Some wasn't that all the glee people in attendance?

John Stamos was there and I haven't searched for a complete guest list, hence the open wording in case some other people involved with the show were there.

7 hours ago, Florinaldo said:

John Stamos was there and I haven't searched for a complete guest list, hence the open wording in case some other people involved with the show were there.

yea I heard he was there but I do not even think he and Darren worked together on glee so he was maybe there for  some other connection.  

Those mention here are the only one there. 

• Useful 1

On 3/2/2019 at 5:10 PM, marymon said:

yea I heard he was there but I do not even think he and Darren worked together on glee so he was maybe there for  some other connection.  

Rewriting my initial criteria to limit things to only people DC appeared with on-screen in Glee would indeed lead to excluding Stamos. But I had been more general, also leaving open the option of some crew and production people attending. The info you usefully report indicates there were no other Glee people in attendance.

9 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Lea got married!

Pretty  classic look and cute smile.  Looks like Ryan did officiate .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Artsda said:

Lea got married!

So pretty.   She seems happy and for that I am grateful

• Like 2

On the season finale of Drop the Mic (which will air next week on Wednesday, March 27), there will be a Glee battle! Amber Riley, Harry Shum Jr., and Becca Tobin battle former co-stars Kevin McHale, Jenna Ushkowitz and Heather Morris.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

People got the exclusive on Lea's wedding, so they interviewed Lea and Zandy and got access to the videographer's footage:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Like 2

I love Jonathan being up there with her as her  man of honor.

• Like 5

The whole thing was kind of cringy, but I think the show concept itself (B-rate celebrities rapping) is cringy, so...

According to Matthew Morrison, don't expect a Glee revival anytime soon. He does mention that the cast still stays in touch and support each other's projects. Although I suspect that not every single last one of the former gleeks really stays in touch with all the other ones, even through the group texting MM mentions.

Ali Stroker has been nominated for a Tony!

Best Featured Actress in a Musical
Lilli Cooper, Tootsie
Amber Gray, Hadestown
Sarah Stiles, Tootsie
Ali Stroker, Oklahoma!
Mary Testa, Oklahoma!

• Like 2

DC appears in a new Taco Bell ad campaign masquerading as a trailer for an imaginary movie. Very amusing and deliberately cheesy as he himself described it in a tweet. High production values and a convincing parodic storyline; I wonder if some people might be fooled (at least temporarily) and will expect that movie to really turn up on their screens, This is part of an ongoing series and will be screened in cinemas during the summer (in the US I assume, although there are Taco Bell franchises in Canada also).

Note what happens to the piano at the end; an intended Glee reference or just a creative coincidence?

ETA: You can listen to the complete song at the end of this article and appreciate the full cheesiness of the lyrics. You can also view the previous installments in this ad campaign.

Edited by Florinaldo

In the absence of an official marking of Glee's 10-year anniversary, this small-scale gathering of 7 cast members will have to do. If you scroll through the gallery you can click to get bigger clearer pics.

Edited by Florinaldo
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2019 at 9:25 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ali Stroker has been nominated for a Tony!

Best Featured Actress in a Musical
Lilli Cooper, Tootsie
Amber Gray, Hadestown
Sarah Stiles, Tootsie
Ali Stroker, Oklahoma!
Mary Testa, Oklahoma!

Ali won a Tony!!

Her performance of "I Cain't Say No" during the broadcast was excellent; I do not remember her being as impressive while on The Glee Project and in her one-off episode of Glee, but of course she has had a few years to mature and train her voice.