Type keyword(s) to search

Friends - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I can’t explain it, but Monica was, to me, the most annoying when she had the short hair.  The two things shouldn’t have anything to with each other, but here I am.

Like everything she did grated.  When she pretended to be Kathy macking on Chandler.  When she said “you know I never saw that” about “Sophie’s Choice”. When she had everyone come over after she deep cleaned the apartment and took a nap.  Everything she did about Ross and Emily.  Washing dishes in Emily’s dress.

Sorry but that’s where we are on TBS and it’s all irritating, heh.

• Like 1

When Ross tried to rent the Santa costume the clerk said “are you here to return those pants?” and why?

Like, he’s *wearing* the pants.  Why would he return them?  Why would he rent khaki pants from a costume store? Why is the clerk anti-khaki?

• LOL 1
On 1/11/2024 at 5:25 PM, mojoween said:

I can’t explain it, but Monica was, to me, the most annoying when she had the short hair.  The two things shouldn’t have anything to with each other, but here I am.

Like everything she did grated.  When she pretended to be Kathy macking on Chandler.  When she said “you know I never saw that” about “Sophie’s Choice”. When she had everyone come over after she deep cleaned the apartment and took a nap.  Everything she did about Ross and Emily.  Washing dishes in Emily’s dress.

Sorry but that’s where we are on TBS and it’s all irritating, heh.

That was my least favorite hairstyle on her. The shorter bob she had at the beginning and end of season 4 was nice though.

She was someone who could pull off short and long hair, it just depended on how she styled it.

• Like 4

Who else gets stuff stuck in their heads that’s not even related to what you are doing?

Like today I was doing a puzzle and one of the words was “cord” and then suddenly in my head it was “Stephanie knows all the chords”

”and you’re all invited to BITE ME”

• LOL 3

A recent trending X topic was something to the effect of, Name that moment from a TV show/movie.

Easy enough for me with Friends —from “TOW Two Parties” (the gang throws Rachel a surprise party, and when her recently-separated parents both show up, the friends labor to keep them from seeing each other):

Everyone except Phoebe is in the hallway, saying goodbye to Rachel’s mom.  Phoebe’s in the girl’s’ apartment, trying to delay Rachel’s dad’s departure.  When he brushes past her, she shouts out a warning, and Joey — thinking quickly — grabs Mrs G and starts kissing her, as the rest dance around to distract Mr G as he leaves.

That is a wordy explanation of a scene that always has me cry-laughing, even though I know it’s coming.  IMO, more of a shocker than that morning- after of Chandler & Monica in London.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

The episode with Emma's first birthday was shown today.  It got me wondering about Ben.  Were there episodes with both Emma and Ben together?  Ross it seems would have wanted his two children to know each other.  

• Like 4
50 minutes ago, freeser said:

The episode with Emma's first birthday was shown today.  It got me wondering about Ben.  Were there episodes with both Emma and Ben together?  Ross it seems would have wanted his two children to know each other.  

I don't think Ben was ever on after Emma was born.  The last time I remember seeing him was the Ms. Pac Man episode while Rachel was pregnanat.  I'm sure we're supposed to assume that Ben and Emma saw each other off-screen, but that they didn't want to recast Ben.

• Like 3

I wonder if it's because of Cole Sprouse's schedule. A quick look at his filmography shows him in two films a year in 1999, 2001, 2003 and 2004, along with two TV appearances in 2001. They probably had Ben on as much as they could manage, and honestly, the show would probably have started to turn off people if they focused on Ben and Emma any more then they did. People turned in to see a comedy about 6 friends in the city, not on people raising kids.

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

And Ross getting all ticked off at her about it really set the tone of their relationship.

And he DID know it was illegal. Who the fuck keeps a monkey in an apartment? Same goes for the barnyard fowl. Can you imagine the state of their floors?

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

When Joey was loving up all over First Chick and Chandler said “Easy Lenny” that was even an obscure joke for 1995.  Do they even teach that book in schools any more?

• Like 3
16 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

I like the TBS episodes over the Nick episodes since TBS doesn’t skip any episodes and they show the “kicker” scene over the end credits…

We can only watch it on TBS in the morning/early afternoon. At night we can watch in on Nick but they've replaced the first hour with the detestable Young Sheldon. Apologies if  you like that show but I do not.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

We can only watch it on TBS in the morning/early afternoon. At night we can watch in on Nick but they've replaced the first hour with the detestable Young Sheldon. Apologies if  you like that show but I do not.

That’s my schedule also. I set the sleep timer on the TV when I’m watching Friends on Nick when I’m in bed reading since I know I’m going to fall asleep and don’t need to try to stay awake since I can practically recite the dialogue! I know what’s going to happen! 😆

• LOL 2
16 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

That’s my schedule also. I set the sleep timer on the TV when I’m watching Friends on Nick when I’m in bed reading since I know I’m going to fall asleep and don’t need to try to stay awake since I can practically recite the dialogue! I know what’s going to happen! 😆

Me too! 😏

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 3/27/2024 at 4:41 PM, chitowngirl said:

TBS doesn’t skip any episodes

Yeah I’m baffled by the ones Nick chooses to omit…”TOW Joey’s Dirty Day” is a favorite of mine — it’s Emily’s intro to the series (I loved that character before they threw her under the R&R bus).  It’s been on twice in the last month though, so perhaps that means it’s back in the rotation.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, voiceover said:

Yeah I’m baffled by the ones Nick chooses to omit…”TOW Joey’s Dirty Day” is a favorite of mine — it’s Emily’s intro to the series (I loved that character before they threw her under the R&R bus).  It’s been on twice in the last month though, so perhaps that means it’s back in the rotation.

Nick is doing a Friends A to Z all April, with 4 episodes having something to do with the letter of the day. So some “rare for Nick” episodes are showing up if they have something to do with the day’s letter. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Nick is doing a Friends A to Z all April, with 4 episodes having something to do with the letter of the day. So some “rare for Nick” episodes are showing up if they have something to do with the day’s letter. 

It seems like even when Nick does their random shuffles, we almost never get to to see the NYE episode where Monica, Joey, Janine and Ross are on Dick Clark's show.

• Like 1
On 4/13/2024 at 5:54 PM, peacheslatour said:

It seems like even when Nick does their random shuffles, we almost never get to to see the NYE episode where Monica, Joey, Janine and Ross are on Dick Clark's show.

I don't get Nick, but I love the Routine. I would be upset if it were skipped on something I was watching.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Watching early season 2 where Rachel is pining for Ross and I really enjoy that side of her lol. Other than being unnecessarily rude to Julie, she comes across endearing and it gives Aniston a chance to flex her comedic chops. 

• Like 3
On 4/19/2024 at 2:54 PM, Olis93 said:

Watching early season 2 where Rachel is pining for Ross and I really enjoy that side of her lol. Other than being unnecessarily rude to Julie, she comes across endearing and it gives Aniston a chance to flex her comedic chops. 

I have to disagree. Anniston is a great actress, and it's great when she gets to be comedic, but I just can't stand Rachel and how possessive she is of Ross there. It is the beginning of how toxic they are together as a couple for me. Both are possessive of each other and will sabotage the others relationship so they can be with them. Look at Ross when he thinks Mark wants to be with Rachel and Rachel getting Bonnie to shave her head so Ross will break up with her and going to London to tell Ross she loved him when he was getting married. Ross is in love with the idea of Rachel he's had since high school/college and Rachel seems to only really want him when she sees Ross in a happy relationship. Ross gets a lot of hate, but it irritates me when Rachel gets off scotch free. In my eyes they are good people but are horrible together and bring out the worst in each other.

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
3 hours ago, MadyGirl1987 said:

I have to disagree. Anniston is a great actress, and it's great when she gets to be comedic, but I just can't stand Rachel and how possessive she is of Ross there. It is the beginning of how toxic they are together as a couple for me. Both are possessive of each other and will sabotage the others relationship so they can be with them. Look at Ross when he thinks Mark wants to be with Rachel and Rachel getting Bonnie to shave her head so Ross will break up with her and going to London to tell Ross she loved him when he was getting married. Ross is in love with the idea of Rachel he's had since high school/college and Rachel seems to only really want him when she sees Ross in a happy relationship. Ross gets a lot of hate, but it irritates me when Rachel gets off scotch free. In my eyes they are good people but are horrible together and bring out the worst in each other.

They were both possessive of each other and their relationship could be toxic at times but I still have a soft spot for their early season relationship. It's what got me into the show when I first started watching. Plus they both act the hell out of it. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Olis93 said:

They were both possessive of each other and their relationship could be toxic at times but I still have a soft spot for their early season relationship. It's what got me into the show when I first started watching. Plus they both act the hell out of it. 

I get that, and they are good together in their early years, the first time they date. I guess for me all the stuff that goes down between them retroactively tarnishes that for me, which is a shame.

• Like 2