Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm glad Betty didn't win HoH because you know she would have put up Kevin. "I don't have to pretend to hate you. I DO hate you." 😁

I definitely want Kevin to stay for maximum chaos. 

No clue who Gino puts up at this point, speaking of chaos. It should be an unpredictable and interesting HoH. My favourite kind. 

Great season so far. 

I laughed when JL and Gino kissed and she immediately said "Sorry Mom and Dad!" I can't figure out why more people don't do this. It's also probably why most showmances stay relatively PG, and I'm fine with that. (I think occasionally production just doesn't show stuff which I'm also fine with. The alternative is too cringy.) 

• Love 2

I can't remember what Kevin did to Betty that caused her to hate him, other than being his annoying self.  She does seem to be under the delusion that everyone in there is playing the game for her. with her outrage at being nominated, why shouldn't you be Betty, you are such a threat after all, joke... When she accused Kevin of 'coming after her', (how dare he), I was waiting for him to tell her that everyone was coming after everyone else, it's Big Brother and only one person can win, she can't go fast enough for me. 

Good episode tho, most of them are so flip floppy it's comical.  It will be interesting to see what Gino does.  I like Marty, think he's quite smart, and has a pretty good read on the house. I hope he gets to stay for quite a while.  Loved the big eyeroll from one of the girls, Meleena maybe, after her conversation with Kyle. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, wintrygal said:

Loved the big eyeroll from one of the girls, Meleena maybe, after her conversation with Kyle. 

Haleena. I really like her. Also, she's one of those women who can go from regular looking, to absolutely gorgeous, back to regular looking in one episode. I've known people like this IRL, and loved the Seinfeld episode about it. It's partly makeup, partly lighting, partly... something else. 

No clue why Betty hates Kevin so much. I can't blame her for being cranky and confused though, with Kyle constantly telling her she's going up then not doing it. I think it's given her both paranoia and a skewed idea of how important she is to the game right now. 

• Love 1

LIVE FEED SPOILER

Spoiler

Kevin and Betty are fine she just helped him get ready for his meeting with Gino...  they were happy and laughing together.

Kevin is such a nut... he got dressed up in suit and tie (with Betty's fashion advice on which shoes etc to wear)

He marched into the HOH and introduced himself to Gino as "Andrew Gross from the Gina and Gina law firm and he served Gino with divorce papers on behalf of Mr Kevin Jocobs.... then he said he'd be back later to discuss the matter and walked out.

Summer was in the HOH talking to Gino when "Mr Andrew Gross" barged in 😄

Here's Kevin as his alter ego "Mr. Andrew Gross" getting ready for his meeting

Meanwhile Marty is upset and pissed off because if he'd known that the vote was going to be 9/2 he wouldn't have voted to evict Steph because now he can't hide that he voted against Gino and Kyle and he's panicking that Gino is gonna nom him.  (gee Marty too bad you didn't get to keep playing both sides,, I mean seriously he's a bit of a cry baby)

Screenshot (2905).png

• LOL 2

LIVE FEED SPOILER

Spoiler

As of now...Gino says his noms will be Marty, Jess and Ty....

He's says Marty and Jess will be his initial noms and Ty will be replacement nom if veto is used.

Kyle was pushing hard for Gino to nom Hermon but Gino wasn't having it.

Looks like Kevin is safe for another week.... he must have a good attorney 😋

• Useful 1

Speaking generally, I'm always confused by the nom choices. Why do people nominate people like Jess and Betty who aren't even remotely threats? It's like they're afraid to nominate real threats, so they nominate total non-threats, but flatter them by calling them threats to their faces.What's hilarious is how often the targets buy this excuse. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 4

I can't stand Betty (the other houseguests were cracking up at her during the HOH comp, but her extreme twitchiness just annoyed the hell out of me). And I am so glad I'm not in that house, because Jess is totally one of those people I would feel sorry for, but not enough that I would actually want to be their friend in the house, which would make me feel like a jerk. They're just intense 100% of the time, which would be such a drag.

I give Kevin credit for just enjoying the hell out of the game.

Summer is stunning, and seems like she could be snarky fun, when she's not chewing the scenery like it's her last meal. I dread the day she's HOH and has an unlimited platform.

Josh is my BBCan BF, so I am so happy he stayed.

Edited by Scofflaw
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Scofflaw said:

Jess is totally one of those people I would feel sorry for, but not enough that I would actually want to be her friend in the house, which would make me feel like a jerk. She's just intense 100% of the time, which would be such a drag.

Just wanted to say that Jess goes by the pronouns they-them;)

4 minutes ago, Scofflaw said:

Josh is my BBCan BF, so I am so happy he stayed.

Josh is such a kind soul, he is my winner pick!

16 minutes ago, himela said:

Just wanted to say that Jess goes by the pronouns they-them;)

Josh is such a kind soul, he is my winner pick!

Shoot. I totally knew that (and use the correct pronouns when talking about them to my fellow BBCan watching friend) but somehow blanked on it here. Thank you for the correction!

Edited by Scofflaw
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Scofflaw said:

Shoot. I totally knew that (and use the correct pronouns when talking about them to my fellow BBCan watching friend) but somehow blanked on it here. Thank you for the correction!

No problem, I don't want to sound like I'm correcting you, just saying this as a reminder :)

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Speaking generally, I'm always confused by the nom choices. Why do people nominate people like Jess and Betty who aren't even remotely threats? It's like they're afraid to nominate real threats, so they nominate total non-threats, but flatter them by calling them threats to their faces.What's hilarious is how often the targets buy this excuse. 

Exactly I can never figure out why they’ll leave a couple of comp beasts in the house that they’d never stand a chance of beating and nom a couple people who can’t win anything… I guess they’re too scared to nominate them.

also pisses me off when they leave people like Cody Calafiore in the house and even help him win the game…. It’s like there’s a rule that no one is allowed to nom the dude.. blech!

• Love 3

Can I comment on the live feeds without spoilers? I'm not sure what the rules are. 

I'm definitely not happy about the noms though! And this surprises me, given my opinion of a certain person in episode one. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

Can I comment on the live feeds without spoilers? I'm not sure what the rules are. 

I'm definitely not happy about the noms though! And this surprises me, given my opinion of a certain person in episode one. 

I’m not sure about live feed comments but I know exactly what you mean…. I had the same opinion of a certain person but my opinion has changed and I’m not happy either.
I’m hoping there might be a twist coming up although there’s been no indication of anything like that…. Just keeping my fingers crossed 🤞

LIVE FEED SPOILER

Spoiler

Marty and Gino had a good talk this morning and agreed to make an alliance of five: Marty, Gino, Jace, Josh, Haleena.

Their main targets for next week will be Hermon, Moose and Ty.

Marty will use the veto on himself and Gino has agreed to put up Kyle in his place and have the house vote him out.... that means Jess will be safe.... Gino agreed with Marty that Kyle did this to himself and it's not Gino's responsibility to get him out of the mess he made.

I'm so excited I had to watch their conversation twice and then I followed Gino around the house as he filled in Josh and Haleena.

I'm so excited!!

Of course things could change but I don't think so because Gino kept saying that he'll tell Kyle right before the veto ceremony.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:

LIVE FEED SPOILER

Reveal spoiler

Marty and Gino had a good talk this morning and agreed to make an alliance of five: Marty, Gino, Jace, Josh, Haleena.

Their main targets for next week will be Hermon, Moose and Ty.

Marty will use the veto on himself and Gino has agreed to put up Kyle in his place and have the house vote him out.... that means Jess will be safe.... Gino agreed with Marty that Kyle did this to himself and it's not Gino's responsibility to get him out of the mess he made.

I'm so excited I had to watch their conversation twice and then I followed Gino around the house as he filled in Josh and Haleena.

I'm so excited!!

Of course things could change but I don't think so because Gino kept saying that he'll tell Kyle right before the veto ceremony.

Edited by Joan of Argh
Sorry will repost I didn’t mean to quote you ❤️

Ok let’s try this again lol…

Spoiler

I’m also excited @Dustbunny because like u said Jess should be safe!

I let out a little *happy scream* when Gino said he will put Kyle on the block as replacement… he actually seemed relieved at the thought of getting rid of Kyle and not having to deal with him anymore.. Gino said that Kyle didn’t learn anything from his reckless HOH reign and has been walking around like a king and acting like he’s still in charge.

another tidbit from the house is it looks like some people are “have nots” and on slop, I haven’t figured out who but I did see people cooking slop and complaining.

jacey was cooking the slop with haleena and Marty was saying he’s gonna swallow it as fast as possible so he doesn’t have to taste it…. Not sure if it’s those three on slop but it could be.

I'm really looking forward to the next episode. It should be a doozy. So far this season has been unusually entertaining. 

It might be weird but I still feel bad for the players who were in the season stopped by Covid. It's like the show is just pretending they never existed. 😒

• Love 1

LIVE FEED SPOILER

Spoiler

Kyle is dumb as a rock… he’s sitting in the HOH trying to get Gino to put up Josh as the replacement nom and Gino must have the patience of Job to sit there and listen to this idiot…. Kyle says “I think you should put up Josh” and Gino says “I’m worried we wouldn’t have the numbers to evict him since these people voted in big numbers to keep him last week”… Kyle says “but that side is using Josh as a big shield to hide behind” ummmmm EXACTLY you moron they aren’t going to vote out their shield!

Gino sat there looking like he wanted to roll his eyeballs up into his head because Kyle is so BAD at strategy and obviously wants Josh out because HE screwed Josh last week and wants him gone.

Gino sat there listening and finally said “no I’m not going to get a bunch more blood on my hands and wind up with Josh still in the house and gunning for me”

meanwhile it was obvious that Gino was thinking to himself… “dude YOU’RE the replacement” 

kyle plays the game like a petulant child… he needs to GO! 👎🏻
kyle is still so smug, smirking and grinning like he’s co-hoh and still running things.

I can’t wait to see Kyle’s dumbass on the block and put there by Gino 😂

• Love 1

Kyle is baffling. He seemed so normal when he first came into the house, and he proved to be a complete fruit loop. Nothing he does makes any sense, yet he's always so proud of himself. So entertaining to watch! 

• Love 3

LIVE FEEDER SPOILER

Spoiler

Gino is laying in hoh bed alone with jacey and he’s telling her that Kyle is driving him nuts, he just wants him gone so bad and jacey agreed and said she can’t stand Kyle and that he must be worried because he followed her around that house today trying to convince her that she should tell Gino to get rid of Josh… jacey said “I literally had to tell him that I don’t want to talk about this and basically for him to please leave me alone!”  

Kyle is one of those people who think they’re so slick but they’re actually so freaking obvious!

14 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Kyle is baffling. He seemed so normal when he first came into the house, and he proved to be a complete fruit loop. Nothing he does makes any sense, yet he's always so proud of himself. So entertaining to watch! 

I know! I’m still surprised at what a moron Kyle turned out to be and the worst part is…. Like most idiots he thinks he’s the smartest person in the room. 😂

LIVE FEED SPOILER

Spoiler

The phone in the bb house has been ringing for the last couple hours and they’ve all been running and scrambling to answer it… the call have all been things like  “what kind of tree fits in your hand?…..a palm tree” etc etc the calls will obviously be used in an upcoming competition…. 

Gino and Summer are handcuffed together ( I’m assuming it’s from the last veto comp or something) and the funny thing is Summer keeps flaunting it in front of jacey… jacey laughs but she really doesn’t look amused that she can’t suck face in Gino’s hoh room anymore… they’ve been doing a lot of that since he won hoh  

• LOL 1

Tonight's episode was sooo good! Jayce and Gino discovering they didn't betray each other! Kevin/Andrew Gross pleading their case! Kevin and Betty bonding! 

Speaking of odd couples, am I the only one getting the vibe that Jess has a crush on Josh? I know it doesn't make sense on paper, but I know what I see. 

I wish we'd seen more of the party. I'll bet it was funny. 

Kyle sure didn't show any self awareness last week, but he did tonight. You can tell he knows how bad he looked, after the fact. 

Haleena was The Invisible Woman, for the most part. She's probably okay with that. Meanwhile, everyone seems to love Josh. I expect him to go far. 

• Love 2

LIVE FEEDS SPOILER

Spoiler

Betty just told Marty and Josh that if Kyle is evicted this week it will be bizarre because last season a houseguest named Kyle Moore was evicted this week…. Both Kyle Moores evicted in week 4

kind of a crazy coincidence  😋

Just now, Melina22 said:

Somehow I totally missed that there were two Kyle Moores. I'll have to google the other one to jog my memory. 

Ya I did the same because I had no idea there was a Kyle Moore last season… as soon as I saw his pic I remembered him 

I absolutely love watching Gino and Marty speaking Franglais. I grew up as an Anglophone in Montreal and one of my favourite things was eavesdropping on people in cafes and restaurants having animated conversations in both languages AT THE SAME TIME! The funniest part was that it was impossible to tell whether the speakers were Anglophone or Francophone. Loved it. (I had a close Francophone friend when I was in my twenties, and we discovered that we communicated best when I spoke English and she spoke French. More people should try this!) 

Mr. M and I laughed so hard at the various HGs silent side-eyes and expressions when Gino nominated Kyle. 

Like Jess, Summer is growing on me, but I still don't know what she'd be like IRL. Is she always on, or just fun? 

I'm assuming Kyle is toast, but I continue to expect the unexpected, because this season makes no sense. I love it. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Melina22 said:

I absolutely love watching Gino and Marty speaking Franglais. I grew up as an Anglophone in Montreal and one of my favourite things was eavesdropping on people in cafes and restaurants having animated conversations in both languages AT THE SAME TIME! The funniest part was that it was impossible to tell whether the speakers were Anglophone or Francophone. Loved it. (I had a close Francophone friend when I was in my twenties, and we discovered that we communicated best when I spoke English and she spoke French. More people should try this!) 

Mr. M and I laughed so hard at the various HGs silent side-eyes and expressions when Gino nominated Kyle. 

Like Jess, Summer is growing on me, but I still don't know what she'd be like IRL. Is she always on, or just fun? 

I'm assuming Kyle is toast, but I continue to expect the unexpected, because this season makes no sense. I love it. 

My hubby is from Quebec.. he grew up in Vaudreuil-Dorion, he’s Anglophone and he also loves it when Marty and Gino speak Franglais… it reminds him of conversations he had with his francophone friends as a teenager. 

Once he finished high school he moved to Montreal and attended McGill university and would eavesdrop in cafes and restaurants just like you… He says it was just natural to flip back and forth between languages and no one blinked an eye or thought anything of it 🙂

I really hope they boot Kyle but these houseguests like to flip so who knows… although I’d be sad for Jess 

• Love 4

I think a lot of these Housguests need to learn what the word "disrespect" actually means. That's twice we heard that word on Monday's episode, and I can't recall how many times we heard it last night. And I have definitely picked up on the teens and 20-somethings who have used that word, usually against someone else (that thieving slut!!) they have a beef with.

But it's not just these Houseguests; multiple people over multiple platforms have claimed they've been, at best, "disrespected," and at worst, "abused and bullied." And you know what it almost always comes down to? "She has a different opinion!" "He wants to argue his opinion!" No, you stupid fools, it's because life does not happen in Instagram-ready shots of murderous Santa Clauses, whose sole purpose is to gain more followers. Jesus Christ!

Why do we have to tell people this stuff?

Anyway, if I was in the house, I would have played up the whole angle of how Gino was so hurtful by calling me a lying disrespectful houseguest, followed by the tearful angle of Gino playing Jacey-Lynne. I just want Marty to stay in the house!

• Love 3

Yikes, I've been totally oblivious to all of this. To be honest, I've wondered where a person would go, other than here, to discuss BBCan, because I never see a single thing about it other than this thread, and RHAP. Maybe it's just as well. 😬

I did notice that Marty seemed to be majorly overreacting to Gino's comments, but it never occurred to me that certain friends, fans and family had such strong opinions about things like this, and who Gino was interested in. That's bonkers. 

• Love 1

I assume Kyle will be leaving.  It is the best for him.  He needs to go early in the season to give the public a chance to forget about him.  I am sure someone else in the house will do something that will make them the next idiot.  He is worried about looking like a fool.  He can only hope people have short memories.  

I want someone to win HOH that will cause more chaos.  I am curious what Moose would do.  He could be an interesting HOH.  I really do not want Marty to win HOH.  I would like to see less of him for awhile.  

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, LakeGal said:

I assume Kyle will be leaving.  It is the best for him.  He needs to go early in the season to give the public a chance to forget about him.  I am sure someone else in the house will do something that will make them the next idiot.  He is worried about looking like a fool.  He can only hope people have short memories.  

I want someone to win HOH that will cause more chaos.  I am curious what Moose would do.  He could be an interesting HOH.  I really do not want Marty to win HOH.  I would like to see less of him for awhile.  

Moose and Harmon both said they’re putting up Jess if they get hoh… they’ve been butting heads with Jess since the first night in the house 

Jess is mother hen…always cleaning, organizing etc even if its other peoples stuff… Jess grabbed Harmons clothes out of the washer and threw them in the dryer, he asked where his clothes were and Jess said they’d already been removed from dryer and tossed on his bed to be folded like they’d done Harmon a favor but it turns out Harmon didn’t want all of his clothes in the dryer and Jess had shrunk some of his expensive shirts that he planned to hang to dry.

Jess argues and squabbles with Moose about stupid shit on a daily basis and he hates it

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Moose and Harmon both said they’re putting up Jess if they get hoh… they’ve been butting heads with Jess since the first night in the house 

Jess is mother hen…always cleaning, organizing etc even if its other peoples stuff… Jess grabbed Harmons clothes out of the washer and threw them in the dryer, he asked where his clothes were and Jess said they’d already been removed from dryer and tossed on his bed to be folded like they’d done Harmon a favor but it turns out Harmon didn’t want all of his clothes in the dryer and Jess had shrunk some of his expensive shirts that he planned to hang to dry.

Jess argues and squabbles with Moose about stupid shit on a daily basis and he hates it

Jess is a little much for me - they seem like they are always on blast/loud/kind of agressive, even just in conversation.  I see where they were trying to be helpful with the dryer situation, but maybe ask first?

19 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Summer reminds me of Victoria - always looking for the camera, trying to be a character. I'm sure some of it is producer driven - especially in the DR - but a little of her goes a long way for me.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

exactly, Jess is a typical know-it-all and they just can't stop themself from pointing out that others are wrong, aren't doing it right, are uninformed, don't understand the situation etc...  even to their own detriment.

Harmon was outside finishing up a workout and Jess just couldn't stand to leave his clothes in the washer, there was no urgency to put them in dryer and Harmon was going to look after his own laundry after he finished his workout but Jess was *clucking* like an annoyed mother of a teenager and kept circling back to the washroom and staring at the clothes in washer, opening the washer, closing the washer and finally just had to throw his clothes in the dryer and fuss around tidying the bathroom, emptying the waste basket and tsk'ing about a couple dirty q-tips that didn't land in the garbage can, they do it every day, running around looking for shit to *cluck* about.

Jess is the self appointed expert on everything.... don't get me wrong.. I like Jess but they've damaged their own game with the need to be mommy know-it-all

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I thought it was funny that Arisa actually spoiled who won HOH before the feeds were even back on.  She was doing a chat with Kyle on Tik Tok.  She asked him who he thought won HOH.  He guessed wrong the first time.  She told him to guess again.  He guessed the right person and Arisa told him he was correct.  Arisa let it out who won HOH before the feeds did.  

LIVE FEED SPOILER

Spoiler

Jess nommed Moose and Hermon

Jess has a case of HOHitus and she hasn’t stopped talking for 12 hrs…. Moose told Jess that she should nom Betty because Betty’s useless, can’t win anything and doesn’t deserve to be there which immediately got back to Betty and there was a confrontation!…meanwhile Hermon was pissed and wouldn’t tell Jess who he’d nom if he wins hoh next, he said he won’t give her that info so she can weaponize it and turn it against him.

Summer is doing her best to get some kind of house meeting in the hoh room so Betty can confront Moose in front of everyone….. Jess wants it in the hoh room so she can kick Moose out if he gets ugly.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, himela said:

Taran does daily live feeds updates.

Yes, some seasons I'm a devoted Taran watcher. This season I never seem to get through more than the first 10 minutes. For various reasons, my focus is terrible right now, and reading seems way easier than listening, for BB, BBCan and Survivor. Hopefully, this will pass. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Yes, some seasons I'm a devoted Taran watcher. This season I never seem to get through more than the first 10 minutes. For various reasons, my focus is terrible right now, and reading seems way easier than listening, for BB, BBCan and Survivor. Hopefully, this will pass. 

exactly I often don't have time to listen to Taran and his guest host act like morning DJ's joking, laughing and goofing around for 20 minutes before they get to what i want to know.

I just want to quickly know "Who won HOH" or "Who won veto" or "Who's on the block" and "if anything noteworthy has happened in the house that day"

Evel Dick is another one that likes to sit and goof around or shoot the breeze and it takes half an hour to find out what's actually happening in the house.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Dustbunny said:

I often don't have time to listen to Taran and his guest host act like morning DJ's joking, laughing and goofing around for 20 minutes before they get to what i want to know.

It's true. Sometimes I'll put it on my TV and listen while I clean the kitchen, but other times I just want a 5 minute summary, and don't have the patience for episodes that can last up to 2 hours! 

This isn't a criticism of RHAP since I get it all FOR FREE and have spent hundreds of enjoyable hours with them, but lately I have the patience of a gnat and just want the tl/dr version. So I appreciate getting it here. 

• Love 3

I laughed SO HARD tonight at the "fight" between Betty and Moose, the one where she accused him of various things, including not talking to her enough, then told him she didn't want to hear anything he had to say about anything. He got to say a total of 3 words. It's a technique my ex used to employ that I called "fighting by yourself." 

I don't think all is lost though, because in the past Betty had similar "fights" with Kevin and now they're friends. If Moose puts his mind to it, he can get on her good side. 

Betty and Jess probably shouldn't give any lessons on communication any time soon. They both consider themselves people who just tell it like it is, but they seem unaware of what the other person is feeling. 

That said, Jess is definitely more self-aware than Betty. You can tell that Jess knows they're bad at communicating, but can't figure out how to change it. I think Betty thinks she's an excellent communicator.

Speaking of Jess, I was confused last week because they've seemed devoted to Josh in a way that that seemed like a crush, just going by body language. I know he's gay, but I was under the impression Jess was a lesbian so it was sort of confusing to me. But then tonight it turns out they have a long-term boyfriend? Husband? I didn't expect that, partly because I don't recall Jess ever referencing someone called John or being married. I really need to watch people's bios next season. 

I should note that I don't think Jess has inappropriate intentions towards Josh, just that Jess REALLY likes him. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 2

Yesh, Betty to Moose, "I don't even want to talk to you!'  then yap, yap, yap, "don't talk to me!", yap, yap, yap!  No self awareness whatsoever.   It was funny watching Moose try to get a word in, he's pretty laid back it seems.    Can you imagine her as HOH, House meeting would be called every 10 minutes while she reams someone a new one.  

Edited by wintrygal
  • Love 1