Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother Canada - General Discussion

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Melina22 said:

Kevin asking Josh questions about Marine Biology.. . 🤣🤣🤣 (George Costanza, is that you?) 

That was hilarious. I was thinking Seinfeld too. Josh was killing me with his answers.

Poor Gino spelling nominees incorrectly. Reminded me of Brent spelling alliance "anallice" Lol

• LOL 3
8 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

Boo. I was hoping for a more exciting outcome. 

Same here, I’m not thrilled with this hoh and it’s funny because last night watching the comp the camera was on the whole group except one view was on the new hoh the whole time and people in the chat kept saying “wow they really want to make sure we see ____ win” and “wtf they must be rigging it for _____ “ and sure enough _____ won.

That comp kept acting up and they cancelled it and I don’t know what type of comp they played this morning but ____ won. 

Spoiler

Gino wants to back door marty and he doesn’t want anyone to talk about it because he wants marty to be blindsided and out the door…. That should cause some fireworks since marty is so emotional

Hopefully marty will finally get over his Gino worship 🙄

If marty is evicted he’ll be stuck at the jury house with hermon 😂

• Love 2
52 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Same here, I’m not thrilled with this hoh and it’s funny because last night watching the comp the camera was on the whole group except one view was on the new hoh the whole time and people in the chat kept saying “wow they really want to make sure we see ____ win” and “wtf they must be rigging it for _____ “ and sure enough _____ won.

That comp kept acting up and they cancelled it and I don’t know what type of comp they played this morning but ____ won. 

Reveal spoiler

Gino wants to back door marty and he doesn’t want anyone to talk about it because he wants marty to be blindsided and out the door…. That should cause some fireworks since marty is so emotional

Hopefully marty will finally get over his Gino worship 🙄

If marty is evicted he’ll be stuck at the jury house with hermon 😂

I didnt know you were in the BB Canada chat!!  I was there too! 😂

It was kind of creepy how so many people kept saying "______" was going to win because that one cam never left "_____"  but all the others were just on a view of the group.

Will be interesting to see what kind of comp they played to determine the new HOH

I'm still pissed that Arisa said we'd be able to watch the comp and then they shut it down and the feeds didnt come back until they were all in bed sawing logs, they could have let us watch them after the comp at least but NOPE! 😡

• Love 1

I'm happy Hermon left. He was treating Jess really bad and he was all over the bro power that for once has no impact in the game. Actually Hermon treated all women bad, even Steph who he had a thing with. It seems that women for him are only for entertainment and the guys are who really count.

I have heard that people enjoy Summer because she is entertaining but I find her too much. The way she treated Betty also did not help.

I love Kevin because everything he does and says is very strategic. What the episode didn't show was that Hermon had the votes to stay for a second but Kevin got to work and managed to evict Hermon.

• Love 3
Spoiler

Kevin is such a nut he went in to his meeting with Gino dressed in a suit as his alter ego “Andrew Gross” he introduced himself and said “2 months ago I represented your ex-husband… how are you doing with your new partner?  What a goof!! 😂

• LOL 1

Spoiler

Hermon in his interview with Taran said that Kevin is just a participant and his first move was using the veto on Josh. Meanwhile Kevin has not STOPPED playing since day 1. Also, the thing all players should do to get Hermon's vote is to get some wins. Except for Gino, Gino is an alpha male just like Hermon so he deserves the win just for existing. 🙄

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I can't wait to see some responses from players once they realize that Kevin isn't who they think he is. That he's not just very sneaky and strategic, but also really funny and self aware. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:
  Hide contents

Haleena won veto

Spoiler

Great! She won't use it and Moose will be gone. Things are looking great for Kevin, Haleena and Josh! 

• Love 2

I'm worried Kevin is so good that if he makes it to the end the jury will be like, what the hell did he do to deserve this?! I know there's opportunity for the final 2 to make their arguments about why they should win but I feel like the jury already has decided by this point. This is one season that I wished the jury wasn't sequestered so they could watch the season back and see how hard he played. 

• Love 2
Spoiler

Haleena told Kevin there's no reason for her to use the veto and that it would be bad for their games... Kevin agreed... Looks like Gino's backdoor plan just got flushed down the toilet  💩🚽

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Spoiler

By John Powell – Global TV

Suspicious minds are working overtime in the Big Brother house.

Just before today’s veto ceremony a secret veto was unleashed in the house. None of the houseguests have admitted to earning it and none of them used it at the ceremony so it could be null and void.

“They said they earned it so there probably wasn’t a vote or anything,” said Kevin to Gino and Jacey-Lynne as they spoke outside the HoH room.

“Did they say earned it?” asked Gino.

“Yeah, I think Haleena said earned it,” replied Jacey-Lynne.

“I don’t think it was Betty being quiet with the phone. I don’t think it would be that far back,” Jacey-Lynne speculated.

“Maybe they earned it because they searched for it?” she continued.

“It could mean anything,” Gino answered. “There was a red ribbon in that couch.”

“I just think if anyone was going to find it, it would be him because he was up early,” said Jacey-Lynne of Marty.

Jacey-Lynne told Gino that Marty promised again that he wouldn’t come after them.

“Yeah, that is b—–t,” said Gino. “Just keep reassuring him. It doesn’t make sense to attack the five right now.”

Haleena, Kevin, Moose and Josh speculated about the power while sitting outside.

“That added some spice! That was a twist! It shook us up!” said Haleena.

“I don’t care that nobody used it. It was so exciting. I was going to be in this position any way. For me, it isn’t a missed opportunity,” said Moose who remains on the block along with Summer this week.

“I think it was Kevin who got it. That is why he got excited about my pitch because he really wanted to use it but didn’t. It is Kevin. He is full of s—t!” laughed Moose.

Kevin frowned.

“I am allowed to joke about it. I am on the block, bro,” laughed Moose again.

“Time will tell,” said Haleena.

“Time will tell but at the end of the day I don’t think it matters. It is a dead topic,” said Moose.

“They didn’t use it,” added Kevin.

“They didn’t use it. Life goes on. We’re still on the block. That was how it was going to be,” sighed Moose.

Copied and pasted this from the BB Canada website

Edited by Dustbunny
  • Useful 1

The only reason I would ever like Gino was if he spoke greek in the house and in the last episode HE DID! It seems he has taught this phrase as well to people because Moose said it too. I know it's a phrase most people who come to Greece learn but still I was happy to hear.

The phrase is "ya mas" which is said when you are picking up the glass to drink with someone, like "cheers". The literal meaning of it is "health to us".

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Yes, Gino doesn't convey a lot of personality in the house, although I still really enjoy it when he and Marty speak Franglais. 

I'm finding Moose very likeable. I'm still not sure about Summer but she makes me laugh. 

• Love 1
On 4/11/2022 at 6:15 PM, Dustbunny said:
  Hide contents

Suspicious minds are working overtime in the Big Brother house.

Just before today’s veto ceremony a secret veto was unleashed in the house. None of the houseguests have admitted to earning it and none of them used it at the ceremony so it could be null and void.

“They said they earned it so there probably wasn’t a vote or anything,” said Kevin to Gino and Jacey-Lynne as they spoke outside the HoH room.

“Did they say earned it?” asked Gino.

“Yeah, I think Haleena said earned it,” replied Jacey-Lynne.

“I don’t think it was Betty being quiet with the phone. I don’t think it would be that far back,” Jacey-Lynne speculated.

“Maybe they earned it because they searched for it?” she continued.

“It could mean anything,” Gino answered. “There was a red ribbon in that couch.”

“I just think if anyone was going to find it, it would be him because he was up early,” said Jacey-Lynne of Marty.

Jacey-Lynne told Gino that Marty promised again that he wouldn’t come after them.

“Yeah, that is b—–t,” said Gino. “Just keep reassuring him. It doesn’t make sense to attack the five right now.”

Haleena, Kevin, Moose and Josh speculated about the power while sitting outside.

“That added some spice! That was a twist! It shook us up!” said Haleena.

“I don’t care that nobody used it. It was so exciting. I was going to be in this position any way. For me, it isn’t a missed opportunity,” said Moose who remains on the block along with Summer this week.

“I think it was Kevin who got it. That is why he got excited about my pitch because he really wanted to use it but didn’t. It is Kevin. He is full of s—t!” laughed Moose.

Kevin frowned.

“I am allowed to joke about it. I am on the block, bro,” laughed Moose again.

“Time will tell,” said Haleena.

“Time will tell but at the end of the day I don’t think it matters. It is a dead topic,” said Moose.

“They didn’t use it,” added Kevin.

“They didn’t use it. Life goes on. We’re still on the block. That was how it was going to be,” sighed Moose.

Copied and pasted this from the BB Canada website

Seems like someone on the official website is a frustrated novelist. (Trust me. Type recognizes type.)

Still rooting for Josh, but like I said before, there's cash involved, so I'm slightly biased.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I'm glad Jace didn't use the secret power because I like Marty, plus he's from my home province, so there's that, and I also don't want Gino to get his way, how dare anyone try to play the game for themselves Gino, he's actually quite boring I find.  I like how he & Jace think they are running the game, seems to be Kevin who's doing that, the guy is smart.  

I hope Summer goes, does she ever just speak normally, all the posturing, face twisting, finger snapping is so tiresome. 

I don't really get the outrage of these people whenever they are put on the block or at the mere suggestion that they might be, guess you have to live it, but it's like they all think everyone else is there to play the game for them.  Happy for Heleena!

• Love 4

Copied and pasted from BB Canada website

Spoiler

He shoots! He scores!

Marty Frenette has his Big Brother HoH hat-trick.

For the third time this season Marty is the Head of Household.

Marty has won a total of four competitions this season, three HoHs and one Veto.

To Haleena, Marty said he was proud of himself and he was so happy to win such a tough competition.

The eviction show left the houseguests hanging by icicles on Mount Big Brother on Thursday night.

Once Gino touched base with Marty he shared what he learned with Jacey-Lynne in the storage room.

“I spoke to Marty this morning,” he said.

“I saw that. What did he say?” asked Jacey-Lynne.

“He said…Kick your feet up!” replied Gino laughing.

“He didn’t say that? We are done! We are doomed!” snickered Jacey-Lynne.

“No, we are fine. We are fine,” said Gino laughing out loud as the showmance hugged. “We are good. He is going after Josh and Betty.”

In the HoH room Marty spoke with one of his allies: Kevin.

“So what are you thinking?” Kevin asked Marty.

“What do you think I should do?” answered Marty taking a swig out of his water bottle.

“I think crazy s—t, Marty!” replied a smirking Kevin.

Marty told Kevin he fears he will be going home next week unless one of his allies has his back. Marty thinks Summer, Josh or Betty would target him. Marty wants to nominate Betty and Summer with Josh as the back-up.

“Let’s talk it out. I believe next week is a triple eviction. Here is my reasoning. There are eight people left. It is day 50 tomorrow. There needs to be a purge,” Kevin speculated.

Kevin is correct.

During Thursday’s eviction show host/producer Arisa Cox announced that next week’s eviction episode will be a triple eviction.

Moose Bendago, the content creator from Toronto, became the second member of the season 10 jury on this week’s eviction show.

Moose was unanimously voted out of the house.

“I think that people understood at this point in the game they don’t want a competitor who could take it all to stay,” said Moose in his exit interview.

This week viewers can award immunity to their favourite houseguest with the Belairdirect Eviction Protection Insurance.

1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:
  Hide contents

Betty won veto

Spoiler

That's really dangerous for Kevin. He is the replacement nominee. Lets hope the showmance wants to save him. Sadly one of Josh or Kevin will leave this week with this stupid twist that saved Summer of all people. The only miracle we can expect is Kevin convincing Marty to put up Gino or JC.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, himela said:

I really suggest you watch today's live feeds update with Taran, I bet you will love it. Things got crazy!

Ooh, thanks! I'll definitely watch! 

ETA Holy cow, that really was crazy! I'll be really surprised if it doesn't backfire! 

Edited by Melina22
  • LOL 1
Spoiler

Just my opinion but... These idiots don't stand a chance with Kevin in the house he is sooooo good at manipulating and twisting the facts

Okay so before the HOH comp Gino confided in Marty that Jacey had the secret veto and points out how they (Gino and Jacey) had the power to backdoor Marty if they'd actually wanted to... so that proves that it was NEVER an actual plan and that the others are just lying about a plot to backdoor Marty..... Meanwhile Marty shared that info with Haleena... who repeated it to Kevin.

So Kevin tells Haleena that they need to repeat this to Summer and Betty that Gino told Marty that Jacey had the secret veto and there NEVER was a plot to backdoor Marty..... in other words Summer, Josh and Betty are just liars spreading rumors about the showmance in an attempt to get Marty to go after them.

So Kevin was supposed to be the replacement nom but Gino's gummy bear put him on the block and now his lie about the Marty backdoor is backfiring and he won't have the votes to stay.

Summer and Betty want him out

Looks like Gino is playing checkers and Kevin is playing chess.  😂 

Edited by Dustbunny
51 minutes ago, Dustbunny said:
  Reveal spoiler

Just my opinion but... These idiots don't stand a chance with Kevin in the house he is sooooo good at manipulating and twisting the facts

Okay so before the HOH comp Gino confided in Marty that Jacey had the secret veto and points out how they (Gino and Jacey) had the power to backdoor Marty if they'd actually wanted to... so that proves that it was NEVER an actual plan and that the others are just lying about a plot to backdoor Marty..... Meanwhile Marty shared that info with Haleena... who repeated it to Kevin.

So Kevin tells Haleena that they need to repeat this to Summer and Betty that Gino told Marty that Jacey had the secret veto and there NEVER was a plot to backdoor Marty..... in other words Summer, Josh and Betty are just liars spreading rumors about the showmance in an attempt to get Marty to go after them.

So Kevin was supposed to be the replacement nom but Gino's gummy bear put him on the block and now his lie about the Marty back door is backfiring and he won’t have the votes to stay.

Summer and Betty want him out.

Looks like Gino is playing checkers and Kevin is playing chess.  😂 

Spoiler

The best part is that Gino needs Betty and Summers votes along with Jacey to keep him in the house but now they’re even more determined to evict Gino and break up the showmance!  😂

Edited by Joan of Argh
  • Love 2

GUMMYGATE SPOILER - Copied and Pasted from BB Canada Site

Spoiler

One of the most important strategic and crucial game decisions of the season was left in the sticky paws of the gummy bear gods this morning.

In a bit of a bind as far as replacement nominees go with Betty winning the veto and Summer being awarded the Belairdirect Eviction Protection Insurance, Head of Household Marty let fate take its course at a meeting of the core five alliance.

Marty gathered Haleena, Kevin, Gino and Jacey-Lynne in the HoH room and broke the news to them but first, there was pep talk.

“I just want to remind you guys of what we have accomplished so far as the five, an alliance with no name. We took out Tynesha with a vote of five to four. For two days they tried everything they could to to make us crack, fall back on each other. They threw the kitchen sink at us. We stayed strong and we voted her out five to four. We took out Hermon who was a huge player in this game,” he said as he started the meeting.

“Last week, we got Moose out who was a great social player and competitor. Those were three strong players to get out by sticking together,” he continued. “This week, we control everything. I prefer Betty be voted out but Josh is just as good. He is going to win a competition next week.”

“We will make history if we take out six to become the final five. There is a great chance this can happen. As you guys know, I have pretty much bet everything on this. The other three? There is no way I can work with them. I am all-in on this. Hopefully you are too,” said Marty promising that he wanted to fix any cracks in the alliance going forward.

“We cannot turn on each other at this point. We almost have the job done. We have to stick together,” he reminded them.

Marty then asked everyone individually to promise they wouldn’t turn on the five and would be voting Josh out this week no matter who was beside him. One at a time, everyone agreed.

“Canada, you guys heard it. So, technically whoever goes up is a moot point because we are strong and we will stick together,” said Marty confirming with everyone that if Summer hadn’t been safe she would have been the replacement nominee.

Marty then retrieved a container and some gummy bears.

“I have one gummy bear that is red and the rest are yellow,” he said putting them into the container. He instructed everyone to pick a random gummy bear out of the container. Whoever picked the red one would be nominated. Because of their rocky relationship and history Marty offered to leave Gino out of the pick ’em.

“Sure, put one in,” said Gino agreeing to participate.

In the end, it was Gino who pulled the red gummy bear.

“If you go home I am going to be pissed because everyone should have your back,” said Marty to Gino offering to go on the block next as a pawn.

“That is insane! Was that real?” said Haleena as everyone left the HoH room.

“All through this game I truly, 100 per cent believe that my grandmother from upstairs has been helping me all along. So, if someone was thinking about turning on me, I believe that she will help me out. I trust my grandmother,” said Marty to the cameras when he was alone.

“You are the most calm man I have ever met,” said Kevin to Gino as they discussed what just went down in one of the bedrooms.

“Yeah, I am usually very calm,” said a subdued Gino.

“I am sitting here about to puke,” laughed Kevin.

“It is all good. We have the numbers. We will be fine,” replied Gino.

Gino broke the news to Josh in the kitchen a few minutes later.

“I am going up on the block beside you, Josh,” he said.

“You are what?” said Josh freezing in his tracks.

“I’m going on the block beside you,” Gino repeated.

“You are joking,” laughed Josh.

“No, I am dead serious. That is why he pulled us into the room,” said Gino of Marty.

Gino then told Betty in the bathroom after he asked Summer for her vote to stay saying if he survives the vote he will gun for Marty and Kevin.

“I am 100 per cent sure I am,” Josh said to Betty.

“I don’t think he is going to do it. I think he is just saying that,” answered Betty.

“No, I am going on the block,” said Gino.

“I’ll believe it when I see it,” said Betty.

In the hallway outside the HoH room Jacey-Lynne gave Gino a big hug.

“I don’t like seeing you so upset,” she said.

“I should not have been the nice guy. I should have been the bad guy and said no to that,” said Gino about the tragic gummy bear draw.

😂😂😂

Edited by Dustbunny
autocorrect
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
Spoiler

Thinking through the season I think we have to thank both Kyle and Marty for making it that interesting. Kyle saved us from a boring 7 group pagonging and Marty saved us from the big guys winning all comps to the end.

So Gino will leave tonight and the triple is coming. Hopefully one of Kevin - Haleena win and get rid of Summer and Jace.

Go Kevin! You have been the most entertaining and game focused person I've seen in a loooong time and you will become a legend of the game like I'm sure you want to.

• Love 2

Betty wins something! Kevin self-evicts! MAGGOTS! What a great episode. 

How on earth is Josh a doctor? He's SO emotional! Gino on the other hand is the perfect fireman. Literally nothing rattles him. But sweet how he calmly checked in with the DR, to alert them that something was wrong with Kevin. 😁

Kevin really is a great player. I like everybody really. 

I've NEVER seen Taran laugh as much as he did in the recap of this episode. 

• Love 2

Kevin is an amazingly good actor.  I think if I were in that house tho, I'd be wondering just how much of his personality is just acting... I like him but find him kind of annoying at the same time, like lying about being married, who cares?   

Bitter Betty needs to go, working my last nerve.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

The American version should get their housemates to do random goofy challenges like this and the secret veto quest last week. It might make it actually interesting for a change.

Also the HoH should not participate in the veto competition like in BB Canada and the competitions should need less strength and more random skills like the veto we just watched.

I'm so scared that after this great season of BB Canada we are doomed to watch a straight white male alliance win again in BB US this summer. I'm gonna be so disappointed and pissed.

3 minutes ago, wintrygal said:

like lying about being married, who cares?   

Kevin came in with a persona in mind. He wanted to be the silent and shy guy who is not good in social interactions, who is married and just hangs with his wife and like a fish out of water. Saying he is married gave him the chance to swear on his marriage with Marty and bond with Marty and this made Marty change his mind about nominating Kevin. What the episode didn't show was that Marty was suspicious of Kevin after catching him and Josh secretly talking game and he was convinced that Kevin and Josh have a secret alliance (they do) so Marty was pretty much ready to nominate Kevin next to Josh. Kevin read and played Marty really well understanding that he is an emotional player and manipulated him into trying to find a new way to choose who goes up next to Josh. And so the gummy bear situation occurred. Kevin saved himself with this persona of being married and emotional.

• Love 2