Type keyword(s) to search

What do you think WILL happen? Or what do you think SHOULD happen?

Since this doesn't fit neatly in any other categories...

I'd like to see a behind the scenes based show (like Sports Night or The Newsroom) that follows a Guffmanesque obsession with an actress/minor character that is undermining a show.  Show me everything from the primary actors' eyerolls and meetings with their agents, the writers failed attempt to create a balanced story, the media/critics/fandom reaction...I feel better about Guffman if I picture him in some Don Quixote state of mind. 

I think a behind the scenes story about what is going on would actually be more interesting than the bulk of S2.

• Love 6

Since this doesn't fit neatly in any other categories...

I'd like to see a behind the scenes based show (like Sports Night or The Newsroom) that follows a Guffmanesque obsession with an actress/minor character that is undermining a show.  Show me everything from the primary actors' eyerolls and meetings with their agents, the writers failed attempt to create a balanced story, the media/critics/fandom reaction...I feel better about Guffman if I picture him in some Don Quixote state of mind. 

I think a behind the scenes story about what is going on would actually be more interesting than the bulk of S2.

Back when I was a Bold and The Beautiful fan, I used to wish for the EXACT same thing! And that I'd get to interview Bradley Bell Jr and Hunter Tylo and pin them to the wall, lol. And then fawn over KKL and RM. Heh.

I would LOVE to pin Goffman to a chair and interview him until he was in tears. Maybe we could stage an intervention. I'm astonished at how he has run this show into the ground.

Now I'm starting to wonder about Nicole Beharie's illness back in the early part of filming for this season... they never said what it was - I wonder if there was something going on behind the scenes and she had some anxiety issues? I'm totally speculating and it could be completely unrelated - but now I can't help wondering.

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1

I would LOVE to pin Goffman to a chair and interview him until he was in tears. Maybe we could stage an intervention. I'm astonished at how he has run this show into the ground.

Before he decided to pollute TV Land, his career was writing speeches for politicians, which explains A LOT! Anyway, you'd only get spin and deflection from such an interview. Taking responsibility and course correction seem to be absent from his DNA.

I think {Orion -fallen angel new guy}'s screen time will be mostly with Abbie, the tidbits of spoilers seem to point towards them teaming up quite a lot.

I really want to see fun Abbie interaction with the new guy but I also want more Jenny with her as well. Even though I know they will show her having some sexaayyyy time with Hawley. Oh well at least he stays the hell away from Abbie.

Before he decided to pollute TV Land, his career was writing speeches for politicians, which explains A LOT! Anyway, you'd only get spin and deflection from such an interview. Taking responsibility and course correction seem to be absent from his DNA.

For the sake of my sanity, I'm done with this show until I hear that Fox has cleaned house and is doing a course correction back to season one, episodes 1 thru 6.  As has been mentioned before here and on various other places, that was SH at its craziest and its best. 

• Love 4

I didn't watch Sleepy Hollow when it first came on last year (2013).  I bought the Season 1 DVD and I was hooked.  And as a lot of people seemed to be, am thoroughly disappointed in Season 2.  I'm reading a lot of the media from 2013 because I just can't seem to help myself!
I wanted to research why I hadn't seen more discussion on the population of TV Sleepy Hollow being 144,000, when I ran across an interview in TV Guide from Sept 2013 -----
(http://www.tvguide.com/news/sleepy-hollow-alex-kurtzman-roberto-orci-1070348.aspx).   I tried to do a search on this site; but I'm not sure if the search worked but it didn't come up with this article.
There is this question in the article --Talk about the relationship between Abbie and Ichabod as they're navigating this new world together.
Roberto Orci :...........They come together out of necessity. They're two outcasts and they can only rely on each other and lean on each other. If there's going to be chemistry, you want it to come out of that, as opposed to forcing something. They meet in turmoil and have to be together in order to get answers from each other. I love the moment at the end of the pilot where they smile at each other and it's the first real moment of friendship after the horsemen has ridden off into the sunrise. There's a little bit of romance, but mostly it's, "You were there for me, friend." That's a lot harder thing to earn than to simply put two attractive people together in a room and have them make snuggling noises.

The entire article is excellent.  If you haven't read it, take a look.  The article also cements the opinion that the show direction was not going to be strictly about the apocalypse and Seven years of tribulation; but to include other cultures and religions.  Which I think would make the show even more interesting.
There's even a mention of Ichabod finding Katrina -- Will he or won't he?  I guess we know the answer to that one!

What do I think will happen -- Same Old Katrina, Ichabod, Henry, Abraham focus.  (Seriously, I don't even watch Lifetime and have taken Scandal off my must watch list).

What do I think should happen -- give us more of the excitement and vision from the Orci/Kurtzman article and Abbie/Ichabod charisma.

I've rambled my way into a corner and now don't know whether to post in media or the no-spoiler thread, mea culpa.

• Love 1

If this show gets a 3rd season they really need to lay off the flashbacks and ditch all the colonial characters who should be dead (i.e. Katrina, Henry and Abraham) .It's time for them to focus on Crane dealing with the modern world and being a citizen of that world. I'm tired of feeling like I'm watching a colonial love story with an occasional nod to modernity.

• Love 3

Here is what should happen…

Give Katrina to someone. Give her to Ichabod or Headless, I don’t care at this point, just let someone WIN her so we can all move on with our lives and this show can get back to its supposed plot of saving the world.

Right now all the men are just fighting over Katrina and Crane is being used as a ping pong ball bouncing back and forth every week between Abbie and Katrina. Has anyone besides me noticed how the show is so clearly trying to pander to both ships, Ichabbie and Ichatrina? One week Crane is mad at Katrina and all on Abbie’s hip. The next he’s back on with Katrina and leaving Abbie to fend for herself. Then once again, he’s back with Abbie and so on and so on and so on. Go watch the last 5 or 6 episodes and that is essentially what happens. This week he was on the outs with her, even rebuffing her sexual advances, but next week they will have a date and possible love scene- I’m predicting it now.

This is what is killing the show. The powers that be just have no sense and clearly never had a vision for the show. If they want to tether Crane to Katrina, a secondary character and something I have never seen done on any show EVER, then do it and stand by it whether the majority of fans agree or not. Do it and let the chips fall where they may. Just stop the games. This love triangle has seeped the life out of the show and one way or another it needs to stop.

You know what else, the SH writers could have avoided a lot of the Abbie criticisms had they simply paid attention to their lead actress. Give her a life. Give her something personal to fight for besides a world that considers her a third class citizen. Had they given Abbie what they gave Crane I bet this entire season would have been vastly different. But to give Abbie a life and love of her own would require them to pay attention to her character. She wouldn’t always be there to listen to Crane whine. If Abbie had a man he’d protect her. He wouldn’t allow Crane to put her life in danger to protect him or his wife.

Hopefully this is where the show is going… though I don’t see it happening this season.

Edited by Blackhoney
  • Love 6

Karina has made some sketchy moves and some of the things don’t fit the story narrative as we’ve been told so far. As mentioned in other threads consistency just isn’t a priority in this show.

My Really Big Thought is that Katrina is “the big bad”. She’s a manipulative liar. Her breathless, whispering delivery could well be part of the plan to throw everyone (TV audience included) off.

I was under the impression that she is a really limited actress with no skills other than widening her eyes and whispering her lines. But maybe not; and if that is the case then she’s really done a good job of fooling us all. Make her evil? She’s already ‘evil personified’.

1. In the flashbacks she was shown as a Quaker, dressed simply and demure. But later she was also shown as an upper class Lady with access to important people. None of them appeared to be Quakers. Is she casting spells?

2. She did something (it was never clear what) that made her own coven burn her. If her coven was the good coven; then what did she do?

3. She ended up in Purgatory along with Moloch and a few other baddies. That thing about she can’t leave Purgatory without another taking her place was well done. It caused Ichabod to sacrifice Abbie (and Abbie to sacrifice herself).

4. Once she was back to the real world, she appeared to be given to Headless by her own son. But what if this was part of the plot to fool the witnesses about what she really was?

5. She spent time with Headless and Henry without doing anything to help the Witnesses. Abbie was skeptical of her; but Ichabod was still in love.

6. Leaving the mirror active so that Henry could monitor the Witnesses was not an accident.

7. When Henry killed Moloch that was part of her plan so that she can take over.

8. One of the things that began to make me suspicious of her was her statement in the midseason premiere – “Where is our son? He risked everything to save me”. Not us but me. I thought -- Princess much?! What a narcissistic woman. But I don’t believe she was ever in danger; she and Henry have been working together all along. And now she has carte blanc to the Mason’s underground cave and all its magic.

9. Orion seemed to be able to sense the goodness in the witnesses; but he wanted to kill Katrina. Yes, he’s a zealot; but I’m sure he can sense the good from the bad. It’s just that he can’t pull back when he’s in full avenger mode so everyone is at risk.

10. Katrina was side-eyeing Orion, Abbie and Ichabod a lot in the caves. That was for a reason that wasn’t specifically clear; but was probably related to her future evil plans when she and Henry are reunited and she has Headless enthralled again.

Of course a lot more was going on in all the episodes; but short of re-watching again this is what I can remember so this is all speculation and wishful thinking.

Abbie said to Orion – “Katrina is not evil!” I’m thinking that the big season finale will be exactly that.

If the show can go in this direction, I believe it will go a long way to redeem itself and will bring viewers back.

Oh and she pushed Ichabod’s fiancée off the cliff!

The private conversations between StruggleWitch and Henry (or Abraham) were all in the vein of redemption, love and embracing humanity. Faking this, when nobody else was watching, isn't believable, unless she has been manipulating her son as well. Anyway, I don't think it would be a huge reveal either, since many fans already believed she was evil in S1, in spite of her blandness and breathy whispering. Delaying this reveal for two entire seasons, while depicting her as still very shady, though still dour and stupid is not very smart, because it requires the main characters to bend over backwards to accommodate the stupid. I think both leads have suffered from dumb, but Ichy has gone over the line and become downright unlikable, something the show doesn't want acknowledge at all.

I agree that her actions don't match the narrative, but the writing hasn't done a good job writing her shadiness and if the bland limp acting was supposed to mislead, it only managed to bore. Any WhisperTits Is Evil reveal would be too little, come too late and it would be such a DUH moment! I hope the season finale is not that. A mercy killing with no more mentions of this disaster of a character would be the best thing this show could ever do. But it won't. Goffman will probably elevate her to the most important character in the history of ever, evil or not.

• Love 1

Goffman will probably elevate her to the most important character in the history of ever, evil or not."

This made me laugh! :)

I wasn’t talking about just evil, but the Bug Kahuna of all evilness.  There are no rules that say the big bad has to be a guy.  And the current showrunner obviously isn’t going to get rid of her.  At least make her interesting.

But, I agree there have been conversations and situations that may contradict some of it; but my contention is that it doesn’t really matter.  This show, especially S2, has been written in such a haphazard manner that almost anything goes.  Some fans think she is already evil and some fans think she is kind and is just trying to find her place.  I think she is a total waste of time, so go big.  If she is the orchestrator of all the chaos and destruction it gives her purpose; rather than this ‘is she or isn’t she’ back and forth boring narrative.  If she turns out to be kind and gracious throwing pixie dust everywhere and redeeming lost souls then this show is completely lost for me.

That way, Henry can remain one of the Horsemen, Katrina will be forever divided from Ichabod, and Ichabod and Abbie can continue their partnership/friendship/whatever without Katrina being a third wheel.  Katrina would become a much better character, using her powers to help Henry even if it means ending the world, blinded by a mother's love...for her ugly, 65 year old-looking "kid". 

Just have Katrina become the third horseman...Pestilence [which is quite fitting, given the plague she is on this show].  They can put her in full body/face armor so we don't have to look at her anymore.

Edited by SnarkyTart
  • Love 4

I'm kinda hoping Fox cancels the show and another network with more competent writers picks it up. I wouldn't even mind it going to Netflix since they seem to have very good writers on their programs like Orange is the New Black and House of Cards.

ITA with the need to get rid of Katrina-THAT"S what's dragging down the show, and give her screen time to Abbie and Jenny.

Sometimes, I think that the only reason they keep Katrina around instead of just killing her off already (or letting her go full evil) is because without Katrina they can't think of a plausible way to keep Ichabbie from happening in a romantic context.  Personally I think that's rubbish, (you have the natural explanation that the Witnesses are too busy with the Apocalypse to have romance on their minds,) but I think it's how Fox sees the matter. 

And we definitely need some more compelling recurring villains for the show and possibly a love interest for Abbie that's NOT Hawley, though he certainly isn't the drag Katrina is, I just don't like him with Abbie.  Hey SH writers-you want to keep pairing Ichabod and Abbie with other people?!?  FINE, but make the other people actually seem like folks they'd be plausibly interested in.

• Love 1

WAG (wild ass guess): What if Cynthia's non-reaction to her dead husband being alive means that she is Henry masquerading as Cynthia? How better to get close to the man whose soul he owns than to look like his ex-wife and mother of his child? Cynthia's a lawyer too, like Henry "was."   How better to get the scoop on Team Witness? Only he may not have counted on Abbie going as hard as she is. 

Also, we haven't seen Cynthia in quite awhile. (IRL, budgets, but still.) We only have Henry's word that Cynthia sent him to be there for Frank. Frank may or may not have had actual direct contact with Cynthia and Macy, but Henry messing with Frank while he was incarcerated. For whatever reason, no one on Team Witness seems concerned that any of the Irving family may be compromised, just Frank, due to the known contract.  How much glorious ( to Henry) pain will be caused if Frank is as he's said, but Cynthia and/or Macy are used against Team Witness? Not just in Team Witness, but it might make Frank voluntarily join Henry. The anger of  Frank at TW ignoring the potential danger to someone not named Crane or Mills could be the tipping point. Then the vision comes to pass as the season ends? Maybe just not exactly as Frank saw?

In the last episode, Ep. 13,  the one with the painting, Abigail Adams congratulates  Katrina on her pregnancy and mentions Ichabod will be so happy.  But in the Golem episode, Katrina told Ichabod she didn't find out she was pregnant until after he was dead.  A lot of people caught this and called it out as a lapse in continuity.  I did too.  But I am wondering if it really was deliberate. Given Tom Mison's recent interviews where he seems to be hinting that  he finds out something rather big that affects the Crane marriage, and given that Katrina has lied to Crane before, I wonder if that is somehow related?  Also the  'let's try to work it out' at the end of the Ep. 13 may just be setting Ichabod up for a fall.   A girl can dream.  I really want Ichabod to really see Katrina for the lying liar she is and not just see her through his nostalgia glasses.

• Love 3

In the last episode, Ep. 13,  the one with the painting, Abigail Adams congratulates  Katrina on her pregnancy and mentions Ichabod will be so happy.  But in the Golem episode, Katrina told Ichabod she didn't find out she was pregnant until after he was dead.  A lot of people caught this and called it out as a lapse in continuity.  I did too.  But I am wondering if it really was deliberate. Given Tom Mison's recent interviews where he seems to be hinting that  he finds out something rather big that affects the Crane marriage, and given that Katrina has lied to Crane before, I wonder if that is somehow related?  Also the  'let's try to work it out' at the end of the Ep. 13 may just be setting Ichabod up for a fall.   A girl can dream.  I really want Ichabod to really see Katrina for the lying liar she is and not just see her through his nostalgia glasses.

That writer on twitter - abaiers admitted that it was a writer mistake that they got the timeline wrong for Katrina.

I do think that Katrina will either become evil or she and Ichabod will divorce or break up permanently.  I don't think the show will do what we want and kill her off.  

• Love 1

I think it is hysterical that all we do is watch the show and we remember more details while these people write the show and can't.   I'd almost say it was the fault of new writers but Goffman himself wrote the Golem episode and a S1 writer wrote this one. 

Yeah, I don't think they'll kill her either.  But if they send her off with Abraham nobody can complain because it is book canon.

• Love 3

After watching last night;

I think Irving is/becomes the Horseman of Famine (the scene in the 7-11)

I also think either Henry or Katrina, herself, will use the Traveller's spell to send her back to her time in the 1700's and Ichabod will have to decide between going back with Katrina or staying with Abbie. I think he stays with Abbie and, since Katrina would be long since dead, Ichabod would be a widower.

After watching last night;

I think Irving is/becomes the Horseman of Famine (the scene in the 7-11)

I also think either Henry or Katrina, herself, will use the Traveller's spell to send her back to her time in the 1700's and Ichabod will have to decide between going back with Katrina or staying with Abbie. I think he stays with Abbie and, since Katrina would be long since dead, Ichabod would be a widower.

This is what I'm thinking too. We had Katrina lamenting her friends back in her own time, and how she missed them and her era. Now the time travel spell was introduced. I bank on that too. And for Crane to stay behind though - THAT is huge. He's been going on about his wife, his marriage, a new life ad nauseum. For him to choose to stay would be big. Then his wife will not be killed off, appeasing one group. He can mourn her, and move on and there is no issue with him cheating, or betraying his wife. Man, I hope this happens. However, it does leave the door open for her to return to the present time....unless they pointedly say that the spell is a one-way spell.

• Love 1

I've been wondering for a while if the show plans to do a  a twist with Katrina that she has been hiding her true nature from everyone, including herself.  By that I mean her Good self is a construct or an illusion and we are going to get a reveal along the lines of Total Recall or Buffy(Dawn-is-the key). Some of the events of this episode could point in that direction. It can be difficult to sort the careless, bad writing out from intentions too, it was probably  a dumb mistake that they made Helena Van Tassel be Katrina's Grandmother, since that is chronologically improbable, but perhaps she's lying about something else again. Either her true age is older than what is believed or much of that story about Solomon Kent's origins was her own fiction.

I've been to Katia Winter's Twitter page.  By what I read there she is both adorable and hilarious.  I think the show would be massively improved if it killed off Katrina and replaced her with "Katerina Gundervoot"(or some other Swedish-style name), a Swedish occult expert and novice witch who thinks she's the reincarnation of Katrina Crane, her long-dead distant relative.

I've been to Katia Winter's Twitter page.  By what I read there she is both adorable and hilarious.  I think the show would be massively improved if it killed off Katrina and replaced her with "Katerina Gundervoot"(or some other Swedish-style name), a Swedish occult expert and novice witch who thinks she's the reincarnation of Katrina Crane, her long-dead distant relative.

Would KW be playing this 3rd attempt at making Katrina relevant?

• Love 2

Would this new character,"Katerina Gundervoot"  be played by one Katia Winter? I've seen her Twitter page as well as some of her tweets--a few of which were poorly thought-out, IMO. I agree though that, KW seems like a decent person, but unfortunately that doesn't make her a decent actress. I really have to try and avoid the real-life exploits of actors and actresses that I like given how whacko they tend to be--Russell Crowe is a good example. KW as a person seems pretty decent and funny, but that doesn't make her a good actress. I recognize the responsibility of the writers as well, but a good actress would show some spark that makes me want more. I just don't see it in her, unfortunately.  I hate to be so blunt and had really hoped KW would show something this season but no, she's a drag on the show and needs to go if SH is to stay on the air.

Edited by RiddleyWalker
  • Love 3

Would KW be playing this 3rd attempt at making Katrina relevant?

No, she'd be playing someone a little closer to herself mixed with the sort of thing from Cannonball Run, where Roger Moore played a character who thought he was Roger Moore as James Bond.

No, she'd be playing someone a little closer to herself mixed with the sort of thing from Cannonball Run, where Roger Moore played a character who thought he was Roger Moore as James Bond.

So - it would still be KW then.

Thanks, but no thanks. First of all - that's not Sleepy Hollow and second, isn't that just another attempt to twist the show into a pretzel to make room for a character that by rights should be dead? Even recreating the character to fit KW's personality seems ... odd to me. If that's what we're now doing, can I come on the show and play myself? I'd do that better than KW would playing herself. This show thrives on ad lib moments and taking the script and making it into gold. KW has already admitted that she sucks at improv and can only work with the bare bones of a script - which explains why it seems such a trial for her to bring life to her characters (Katrina and her ancestor).

I see you love her - but sometimes love just isn't enough.

We can't save her. We DON'T have the technology. LOL.

Oh, that's very good @phoenics! Yep she fails the test… (Thanks for that link!)

Continued in the Katrina thread...

Edited by phoenics
  • Love 1

I don't love her.  I just feel bad for the nice but limited Swedish lady who's getting kicked to death for not being able to spin shit into gold like others in the cast.  The ultimate fault here would seem to lie with the folks who gave everybody shit to work with in the first place.

I don't love her.  I just feel bad for the nice but limited Swedish lady who's getting kicked to death for not being able to spin shit into gold like others in the cast.  The ultimate fault here would seem to lie with the folks who gave everybody shit to work with in the first place.

Continued in the "what went wrong" thread...

Edited by phoenics

Any "test" which fails actresses but not actors is a failed test.  This falls into the same category as RBF ("Resting Bitch Face") -- women get castigated for it, but not men.

I'm certain the test could be applied to men as well.

Any "test" which fails actresses but not actors is a failed test.  This falls into the same category as RBF ("Resting Bitch Face") -- women get castigated for it, but not men.

I'm certain the test could be applied to men as well.

It could be, but my point it that it wasn't. The "stoic man" doesn't show his inner life but is much more accepted than his female counterpart. I agree that Winters as Katrina fails the test (I really haven't seen enough of her to say whether it's the actress or the character), but who are the male "Julia Taylor's"?

What I don't like about Katrina's turn to Eeevil is that I'm worried it's less a sudden course correction, and more a way to excuse her actions should there be another season. "Oh, well, see, Henry got her with the dream-thorn and that's why she went dark side! She's back to her whispery, ineffective, damsel-in-distress self again!" If they stick to her being dark of her own accord, and have Ichabod acknowledge it and not spend a whole season trying to save her, then I'll praise the 180 degree change to high heaven.

• Love 1

I don't think he'll save her. I think that was clear when he warned her that whatever she decided to do next could not be undone.

Yeah - he told her that he'd freed her from purgatory before, but this path she was on would send her back there.

Basically she's going to hell for this...

• Love 1

Ok so the show is going to be reset and if we're lucky a 3rd season will offer a fresh start. What do you guys want to be be the result of the reset?

For me I'd like to see the following:

Katrina/Henry stay, live and die in their appropriate era where Henry lives a normal life, marries and procreates thus creating generations of Cranes some of whom Ichabod eventually encounters in his future life.

Katrina ends up "burnt for Witchcraft" for practicing Blood magic and ends up actually being in the grave we saw in Season 1.

Crane still dies on the Battlefield and ends up linked to Headless but is placed in suspended animation by the back-in-time Abbie or Grace. Abbie is then transported back to the same spot she left in the future using the same time-travel spell as Katrina. This way Abbie and Ichabod don't have to become reacquainted.

Irving is restored to his police chief position with the demon possession/murder plot never happening. With no future Henry, Irving never has his soul stolen either and goes back to working with Ichabbie.

Slight alterations caused by the time travel erase the estrangement from Abbie and Jenny's relationship. In lieu of being in jail and institutionalized, Jenny has been traveling the world with her boyfriend Nick Hawley hunting artifacts for Corbin prior to Corbin's death at the hand of Headless. Jenny and Hawley drop in from time to time to assist Ichabbie.

Erasing Henry means the threat of Moloch and the impending apocalypse still looms. Ichabbie continues to investigate increasingly bizarre cases amid the backdrop of mounting apocalyptic events.

The town of Sleepy Hollow and its citizens become a microcosm of the battle against good and evil with the Reverend Knapp providing counsel to Ichabbie and leading his flock of "good" citizens against the dubious Evangelist Orion who through his various "miracles" and prophecies  has convinced his followers he is a fallen angel.

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure none of that will happen though.

• Love 3

But what's next?  Moloch is gone, Henry is gone, and so is Katrina.  What's left for them to do?  Does it just become villain of the week?

(From S2 "Tempus Fugit" thread)

I think what will happen will be a mix of arc-y and episodic cases. There could easily be another 1-2 punch with other demons or devils that want a crack at the Witnesses. Or to take out forces Moloch couldn't. Or try to turn the Witnesses. There are a lot of bad beings to choose from. then you can throw in a Hawley needs help/ can help out episode.  Ichabod can decide to update his clothing choices a bit more.  He can discover how the Disney machine tells stories. Another Horseman of War can arise.  The Kindred can have a POV episode.

We can have a more pernicious Evil worm around town. It could take a couple of 13- 18 episode seasons. We could even get a Corbin case, a report from Corbin that segues into an episode.  We could meet the vaguely mentioned other levels of knowing help for the Witnesses.

There is material to be mined. The question is: Is FOX going to let this group do so for another season? I hope the answer is yes.

• Love 2

My thoughts:
I think modern day Ichabod is attactive, funny, addorable and brave (lapses re-Katrina not withstanding); but I think 1781 Ichabod is hot in a very different way -- very formal and stiff as well as brave, attractive and you get a peak of the humor.  When season 3 becomes a reality (fingers crossed), I would like to see some combination of the 2 Ichabods. 

I image that the Core 4 will have changed idividually and collectively in someways and will have become a team of well-oiled veterans in the fight against evil.  The new season should start at least a year after the return from the past. 

At first I thought Katrina could be the Big Bad; but I think the show will be better off with the character gone completely.

I'm all for romance that doesn't over-shadow the fight for humanity, so bring it on in a slow-burn.  Slowly highten the tension; but keep it at bay.  Not will they or won't they; but they won't until the fight is over( or the end of the show; I'd really hate to be left hanging on that issue).  But as someone mentioned, I'm not sure the current writers will be able to sustain that kind of tension.

In actuality, I will take anything I can get in a third season and beyond!

• Love 4

I hope this won't happen, but why can't Katrina, who went back into the past, return again to the future, to try and stop Abbie and Crane?

In addition to what Delurker said, the Katrina from our time never went into the past and is DEAD (yay!!!!), and the Katrina from the past doesn't have the Grimoire.  So there are no Katrinas who can be in our timeline.

• Love 7

1) I stopped watching when Katrina was revealed alive. Complete retcon to me and I saw the writing on the wall from the moment I understood she wasn't dead in spite of the images of her being burnt at the stake. And I couldn't stand Henry the pissy man-child, either. 

2) I love, love, love, Abbie and Ichabod and I'm an unapologetic shipper (my love declarations were lost with TWOP forums, so here I go again).

3) I love Jenny and Irving, separately and together.

I will watch again, if the show is about Abbie and Ichabod fighting evil. With their true companions, Jenny and Irving. This is what should happen.

Let's be clear. I don't ask for love/sex scenes. I don't even ask for a textbook romance.

It's a comparison that I don't do often, actually I never did it before Abbie/Ichabod (in spite of my love for True!Original! Before Arrowmageddon! Oliver/Felicity, it's a different type of relationship imo). But. I waited for 7 damn years for a first kiss in the "real" timeline on the X-files, and I "gladly" did...in the sense that the show was all about Mulder and Scully anyway. Their chemistry/relationship was imo enough to sustain the show's whole dynamic. Because they had friendship,partnership, kinship, whatevership, and it wasn't only romantic. And I enjoyed every aspect of their complex, unique relationship. I'm glad that so little was wasted on possible rivals, and for the way that the writers 1) used the best timing (Scully's disappearance) and 2) waited for the end of S5 to have a sorry excuse for a rival (and clued the audience in that it wasn't a serious one).

So, Fox, remember. Your most significant, if not most successful show, worked for at least for 5 years  almost solely on its leads' chemistry (OK, arguably, but still, Mulder/Scully  were carrying the show). And miracle! You found it again! I, for one, am ready to overlook any ludicrous plot if it means I can get Ichabod/Abbie goodness. Which actually includes them reading the phone book.

If Fox wants a "single Ichabod", as it is rumored, because they plan a waste of  time on the "love interest of the week" for him, then personally, they could as well not bother with a renewal (except that I'd rather for the cast and crew to still have a job). I want S3 to be about the Witnesses and their badass allies. Let me know it will be, and I'll faithfully watch every week.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 4

Any ideas for potential mythologies the show will delve into? Do you think they will drop the whole Apocolypse angle? Resurrect a new Moluch type as the big bad? Have the team travel to other places looking for others in the know?

I dunno - but I really hope that they don't drop the Apocalypse angle - that made the show really special.

If Fox wants a "single Ichabod", as it is rumored, because they plan a waste of  time on the "love interest of the week" for him, then personally, they could as well not bother with a renewal (except that I'd rather for the cast and crew to still have a job). I want S3 to be about the Witnesses and their badass allies. Let me know it will be, and I'll faithfully watch every week.

I think Fox and co have all learned a valuable lesson - and that if they occasionally bring in "rivals" (whatever that means for Ichabod and Abbie), Ichabod+Abbie will still be the focus.

Excited for S3.

• Love 1

What do I think should happen?

Easy:

- Time jump. Crane is hinted at mourning and also getting closure. That's it. No moaning over the wife, no full episodes devoted to his pain. None of that. Listen to your actor, FOX and Clifton Campbell, do a time jump and move on from season 2. I don't even want to hear any utterance of the wife's name or Henry's name at all. None.

- More personal time between the four mains. More fun stuff.

- More Jenny/Crane interactions alone.

- A bit more of Crane getting used to modern life

- Stuff on Abbie/Jenny and Crane's dad.

That's it. It's a short list, since the rest has already been taken care of.

• Love 1

I wouldn't object to a starting run that was more episodic. I will fully admit that even when the show was good I had a very hard time following the season arcs, there was just too much going on and little internal consistency/canon. I could deal with some MOTW for a while if they spend some time doing major character work ... character work that doesn't get erased the following week when the plot calls for it. In fact I'd LOVE for them to do some MOTW, rebuild their universe rules/canon in the background while doing so, do some character work with Ichabod integrating further into modern life (but never fully, of course) and getting over Katrina. Quickly, if possible. 

I wouldn't mind the model of how they work on Supernatural and XFiles. They have used MoTW stuff, with some overarching mytharcs that are sprinkled throughout the seasons.  I like mytharc as long as it's done well. 

BuffyTVS tends to be a favourite in terms of seasonal and series arcs. I loved X-Files but their myth-arcs weren't the best part of that show, they often devolved into incoherence or harped on stuff I stopped caring about, like Mulder's sister, because any forward movement just lead to another another roadblock.  I think many of the best episodes were the stand-alones and I found that to be a similar case with Sleepy Hollow, so I'm happy to see an 18 order season if we get more episodes that stand on their own merits. and I tend to enjoy the half-season format for arcs. Besides, many of the monster of the week episodes on Sleepy Hollow did more to further character and build the central arc than those which were expressly centred around that plot, whatever it was supposed to be. The show really did not have any vision of what that was beyond remaking the show into something less than what it had been. The first part of the season gave us a sloppy crap-load of refocussing all events on Katrina because Katrina is awesomesauce, Katrina is the undecider, save Katrina so she can save everything she doesn't ruin and all hail Katrina , because.... reasons. The second part, despite or because of extensive rewrites stepped away from the way part one had been dismantling the season one universe and presenting Katrina's Journey and instead gave us an arc that actually went somewhere and had a proper ending. I think this show is more about character, so it's best if they use a light touch with writing that de-emphasizes consistency over plot-point. Season one had a definite arc, but to me it was mainly a framework for the characters of Ichabod and Abbie to work within rather that the most important aspect of the show.  I love Ichabbie, I'm happy to ship them, but I don't need them to be a couple for me to enjoy their interactions which are the best part of the show, I prefer the adventure over soapiness so I really do not want to see more relationship drama with ichabod and a series of women as opposed to one particular annoying woman or for that matter see an actual Ichabbie pairing if the show makes it about relationship drama. No relationship drama on this show ever again. I've had enough.

• Love 2