Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E23: CT's Getting Married - Part 1

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

CT fell in love with Lili’s sharp, quick, and no nonsense attitude, but his family doesn’t support their engagement and he's not sure they will show up at the wedding. CT must now convince his loved ones that Lili will make a wonderful wife.

Airs December 11, 2018.

I have to agree. Basically, there is drama with these people, but it's not on a level where I openly start wishing for anvils to hurt people. Also, I'm thinking all of the Challengers get their own table way in the corner and back at the reception. Except for Wes. Wes will probably give CJ his first-ever savings bond.

Lili is wary of CT's "work friends." She is a smart lady.

• Love 1

I had no idea that Lily is from Miami and that CT relocated.  I wonder if they ever hang out with Rachel??

And she's Cubano too?  That feud between her and the sister won't end anytime soon.  

I actually enjoyed it.  Up until I saw the clip of the other MTV folks storming the house like idiots and trying to claim rooms.  I don't know if they're just trying to be funny, or if they really are that dense to act like maniacs and assholes in front of these people's families.  

• Love 4

I dozed off.

When is the next season of the Challenge, are they going to air a new season in January?

OK, just read the spoiler thread for S33.  If they started filming in mid October, they could be close to finishing by now or maybe even done.

But could take a couple of months to edit.

So a lot of the cast who were on the Reunion for Reckoning must have flown in or were done with S33 filming?  Maybe that's a spoiler about who lasts?

Or could they have done all the filming in say 6 weeks and they were finished by end of November, early December?

Did they show a sneak peak in one of the Reunion shows?  OK the first Reunion show aired on 11/24/18.  Season 33 filmed in Namibia.

If they started in mid October, they were either finished in time for the S33 cast to appear on the S32 Reunion or they must have been eliminated before the end?

OK, as one might guess, I'm far more interested in S33 than this dumb CT wedding stuff.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 1

One thing I didn't understand was when CT and Lili were talking by the pool about his sister being invited. And then it cuts to a talking head saying "is she invited?" and Lili says "I don't know". That is literally the same thing we were just watching. 

Okay it's not one thing I didn't understand, it's a few.  Like it's 5-8 days until the wedding and they still don't know how they are going to use the venue?  Shouldn't this have been planned out months ago?  Also, why the last minute ask of CT's sister to be a bridesmaid?  Would they have time to get a dress ready at the last minute that fit her and matched the rest of the bridesmaids?  Does she want an equal amount of bridesmaids and groomsmen?   Also Lili complaining about how it is her dream day - then why plan it on a date during hurricane season?  If the date has significance then why not find an inside venue?  Seriously I couldn't be a part of this last minute planning.

Lili annoys me and she looks like a mouse.  I kept trying to find a pretty side to her and I couldn't.

12 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

or if they really are that dense to act like maniacs and assholes in front of these people's families. 

they are!  ha

17 hours ago, scrb said:

I dozed off.

When is the next season of the Challenge, are they going to air a new season in January?

OK, just read the spoiler thread for S33.  If they started filming in mid October, they could be close to finishing by now or maybe even done.

But could take a couple of months to edit.

So a lot of the cast who were on the Reunion for Reckoning must have flown in or were done with S33 filming?  Maybe that's a spoiler about who lasts?

Or could they have done all the filming in say 6 weeks and they were finished by end of November, early December?

Did they show a sneak peak in one of the Reunion shows?  OK the first Reunion show aired on 11/24/18.  Season 33 filmed in Namibia.

If they started in mid October, they were either finished in time for the S33 cast to appear on the S32 Reunion or they must have been eliminated before the end?

OK, as one might guess, I'm far more interested in S33 than this dumb CT wedding stuff.

I think the wedding was shot a while ago.  They mention it was hurricane season.

5 hours ago, IDreamofJoaquin said:

One thing I didn't understand was when CT and Lili were talking by the pool about his sister being invited. And then it cuts to a talking head saying "is she invited?" and Lili says "I don't know". That is literally the same thing we were just watching. 

Okay it's not one thing I didn't understand, it's a few.  Like it's 5-8 days until the wedding and they still don't know how they are going to use the venue?  Shouldn't this have been planned out months ago?  Also, why the last minute ask of CT's sister to be a bridesmaid?  Would they have time to get a dress ready at the last minute that fit her and matched the rest of the bridesmaids?  Does she want an equal amount of bridesmaids and groomsmen?   Also Lili complaining about how it is her dream day - then why plan it on a date during hurricane season?  If the date has significance then why not find an inside venue?  Seriously I couldn't be a part of this last minute planning.

Lili annoys me and she looks like a mouse.  I kept trying to find a pretty side to her and I couldn't.

they are!  ha

I was thinking rat face, but they are both rodents.

Is his family really making comparisons between Lili and Diem?  Is she the unnamed ex they preferred?  Because that's pretty shitty. 

Though good luck with that girl for the rest of your life CT. 

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Drogo said:

Is his family really making comparisons between Lili and Diem?  Is she the unnamed ex they preferred?  Because that's pretty shitty. 

Though good luck with that girl for the rest of your life CT. 

1.   No disrespect to Diem, I liked what I saw of her on tv, and I have great respect for the battle she fought.  But I recall she didn’t go to CT’s brother’s funeral. Whatever the state of their relationship at the time, she chose not to go to something that important, and she was healthy at the time, so my guess is she’s not the one his family would be referring to.  I don’t think they would take that lightly. Could be wrong, but that’s my guess

2. We were family friends with a girl who suddenly passed away at 28. She had been dating her bf about 2 years by then and she kept talking marriage, he kept avoiding it. Until the terrible day she passed away, he sat crying by the hospital bed all day until they unhooked her machines, and he cried about her for so long after. He stayed in touch with us, and eventually got a new girlfriend.  Who soon left him because she said she saw that she could never measure up to Patty, because Patty had passed away and would always be perfect in his eyes.  I’m glad CT is not doing that, and I’m glad he is happy.  And Lili doesn’t bother me, I’m from NYC, I’m used to directness and attitude lol.  They seem to make each other happy, and they have a son, I’m rooting for them.  

• Love 6

I don’t get what the huge beef is with his family and Lily. The dad is mad that CT didn’t tell him he was getting married and he found out through Lily? Or is he mad that CT is marrying Lili, the mother of his child? Or is he mad about something else and using the wedding/Lily as his “hill to die on.” Why miss your son’s wedding? Makes no sense. They must really dislike her. 

Maybe the family thought Ct would use his winnings to settle in Boston but instead he is settling in Miami? I’ve always thought his family was close but this beef is bonkers. Papa CT, I hope he shows up. 

This is why you don’t talk shit about your SO to your family. Sounds like CT was running his mouth during ‘bad times’ and the family is holding all those feelings to heart.  Most Families can’t distingush and not hold grudges. You only say the good stuff about your SO unless you have major problems. I don’t think the sister and Lily will ever get along. 

• Love 3
On 12/11/2018 at 10:54 PM, Irritable said:

This show is proof that the amount of CT we get on the Challenge is just the right amount of CT.

I really didn't care for CT's persona during this show.  He was kind of a dick.  I have always been a huge fan of his.  I guess I will chalk it up to either wedding jitters or producer driven antics.

I really don’t understand how you can just ignore your kid.  Because you don’t like his fiancée?  Grow up, dad.

What exactly did Lili think Elle was supposed to do about the weather?

Yeah asking anyone to be a bridesmaid nine days before a wedding is super sketchy.