Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E19: The Leprechaun

• Start Topic

I had to pause the podcast and come here to write two things. One: excellent point that the club is going downhill because of David’s stupid show. Two: Now I really want a Save the Peach Pit conmemorative mug.

• Love 2

Hey Kelly, if you want to get something more out of your job than folding T-shirts (and OMG Gina making that dig was her finest moment so far), maybe you shouldn't have bullied your friend into opening a business just because you wanted a distraction from your failed engagement/non-wedding and instead have gotten another job in PSYCHOLOGY using the degree Sean Donely spent a bunch of money on financing.  Ugh, bitch.

I'm not sure if the show was subtly referencing Dylan not trying to rid himself of the Peach Pit after Kevin and Suzanne stole his money or if the writers have just completely forgotten that happened.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9

lmao, Claudia. I understand desperation, but no one should be that willing to sentence themselves to marriage with David. Nothing is worth that! 

Also, when I was scrolling through the visual aids, I thought Pia was Shannen Doherty for a split second. There was less resemblance when I actually got a good look at her, but it would have been pretty funny if they brought Doherty back in a one episode guest spot late in the show, cast her in a totally different role, and never said anything about it. 

• Love 1

Since there's Seinfeld crossover, I am assuming that Steve & Janet wearing the same outfits did not actually mean it was the same day, but that we caught them on the cusp of a new wash cycle and they moved those outfits up in the rotation.

Gina's hair is looking extra great in that gif with Kelly.  I'm assuming that's another reason why Kelly is so bitchy because of her own limp locks.

So does recycling the Peach Pit building story mean that the writers actually forgot when this happened last season, or they just don't care that it's almost the same story?

• Love 1

Ugh!  I know there is no reality but I just cannot understand Kelly...she is bored so she HIRES someone vs. maybe trying to be a publicist herself (spoiler).  Why would she manage the business side as she has zero business skills.  It would make more sense to have had Val.

How did they pay for this store? Whose parents coughed up the money? I know we're supposed to think these girls are working but it is so entitled that Donna and Kelly run a store when neither has retail experience.  Literally, Kelly would be folding tshirts at the Gap given her track record (psychology dress in the late 90's, drug addict, no work experience except modeling). 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Ugh!  I know there is no reality but I just cannot understand Kelly...she is bored so she HIRES someone vs. maybe trying to be a publicist herself (spoiler).  Why would she manage the business side as she has zero business skills.  It would make more sense to have had Val.

How did they pay for this store? Whose parents coughed up the money? I know we're supposed to think these girls are working but it is so entitled that Donna and Kelly run a store when neither has retail experience.  Literally, Kelly would be folding tshirts at the Gap given her track record (psychology dress in the late 90's, drug addict, no work experience except modeling). 

Ha ha. Yeah it’s funny (but kind of realistic) that the show pulled back on the obvious wealth signifiers- Porsches, Rodeo Drive, mansions-once the gang was on their own but they still have daddy buying them a newspaper or financing a boutique a year or two out of college instead of schlepping  in the lower levels of their fields for years. Include owning a restaurant/nightclub for that matter.

• Love 2

In Gossip Girl, I think they were obvious about the connections the kids got based on their parents/parents' wealth.  It's like we are supposed to forget that no one has any business training at all and yet they all "run" businesses.  I WISH I could have seen the reaction of any loan officer's face to these stupid kids. 

• Love 2

I’m so excited about this book? I can’t stand it. I’m already in pre-mourning for the end of this podcast, so this will give me something to look forward to that’s 90210 related. In other nerd news, I confess that when I have a day or two where my other podcasts aren’t grabbing my attention, I love going back to the early seasons and listening again. Some, like the actual tv episodes, I’ve listened to multiple times with great enjoyment.

• Love 6
On 12/12/2018 at 1:23 PM, GoRunner said:

I’m so excited about this book? I can’t stand it. I’m already in pre-mourning for the end of this podcast, so this will give me something to look forward to that’s 90210 related. In other nerd news, I confess that when I have a day or two where my other podcasts aren’t grabbing my attention, I love going back to the early seasons and listening again. Some, like the actual tv episodes, I’ve listened to multiple times with great enjoyment.

I like how in the earliest podcasts they T&S don't hate Kelly quite as much, and I think said something about "we'll see if that changes as we re-watch"

Saint Kelly sucks.

I think Steve and Janet getting held hostage by a desperate butcher with a knife as a result of an exploitative stunt involving a little person posing as a leprechaun has got to be a series low point. I actually laughed out loud when he pulled the knife out. It was just so unnecessary! They could have done this story without that weird hostage moment. 

There was also a lot of weird moralizing going on in this episode. Matt refusing to arrange a prenup for strangers is absolutely ridiculous and he's absolutely projecting his own shit on to clients which  is super unprofessional, but I suppose that's par for the course (but interesting that he was still more or less fine with representing a guy who beat and stalked his wife).

And Donna bitching about the store's publicity being a result of paying guests to show up is insanely naive, even for Donna. You live in BEVERLY HILLS and you don't know how this shit works?! 

Dylan was MVP for me though, swooping in and crushing Noah's dreams. You love to see it. 

• Love 3