Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E12: Too Hot To Handle

thewhiteowl
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, psychoticstate said:

How the ever loving hell did Amanda escape being eliminated?  That tattoo was fucking ugly as shit, the hand was jacked and there was no reflection.  At least Tim and Turk had a reflection in their tattoos.  This is bullshit.

At this point I was wishing for a surprise double elimination. Amanda and Turk are a clear cut below the rest and have skated by making the same mistakes for far too long.

• Love 9

Seriously, how was there ANY redeeming factor to that tattoo? There was no reflection, the anatomy was jacked, the "bubble" was wonky as hell and looked like a demon snowglobe or something.

And even so, I wanted to see justice for even having to debate if the green cat was okay and if the flat reflection (looking in the wrong direction!) 'hit the challenge'.

But yeah that was some raucously bad ink going around in this one.

The reflection on (Mikes?) Mr. Middle of The Road's was at best juvenile skill-wise, it looked like a grade school art project.

It's a pretty sad collection of "artists" for this far in when we should be down to a handful of strong competitors... shows that the initial casting was filled with regrettable choices. Add the saddled with the "Grudge Match" BS this is going to be THE season to forget.

• Love 7

I'd also like to add that I thought Tony should have won tattoo of the day and it was insane that not one person on Team Christian brought up how truly shitastic Amanda's tattoo was.  There was Amanda, screeching about all the problems with Turk's tattoo while hers looked like some jacked up face/head was inside a leaky bubble being held by a broken mannequin's hand.  While Turk's tattoo could have been more vibrant, it certainly wasn't the worst up there.  I would take his, as well as Tim's green cat, any day of the week over Amanda's.  

At this point, I'm thinking Teej may be the most consistent and strongest competitor left.  Tiffer is good but his last two efforts have been lacking.  And I think Chris is solid but since he's been playing it safe, it's hard to say if he's champion material (although he is cute.)  

Christian's meltdown with his own team is ridiculous.  Sure, Cleen gets frustrated but he doesn't go after his own team like Christian does.  And what was with him throwing Tim under the bus in order to attempt to save Amanda?  

I think right now Amanda is being saved because she's the only female left.  I was certain Nunez was going to vote her out so I was shocked when he chose Tim.  And normally I agree with Dave but I think Dave was 100% wrong in this case. 

• Love 6

Amanda's tattoo...the pinky is ridiculously wrong, but there was nothing right about that tattoo. She got it wrong all the way down to the base--that anatomy of the wrist was even weird. I don't usually get emotionally invested in this show, but I'm angry Amanda stayed. 

• Love 8

What the hell is the point of challenges if the Judges will eliminate people based purely on aesthetics? Team Cleen got shafted two weeks in a row. Tim should’ve been given the boot last week instead of Kyle, because at least Kyle attempted the challenge, whereas Tim’s had no composition (read: flat) and Amanda did an uneven snow globe with Gollum from Lord of the Rings trapped inside, as opposed to a reflection.

Too much Kruseman-esque “screw the challenge” stuff going on this season, especially this late.

3 hours ago, Kelda Feegle said:

well that was just all kinds of shit BUT I was surprised it wasn't a Team Christian member that went home to keep the numbers even.

The producers are so madly in love with Cleen that they’re going to give him the win. They’re merely giving Christian the advantage to make Cleen’s inevitable victory that much more “impressive.”

Edited by MuMuGuy
  • Love 3

UO but I like Cleen.  Always have.  His work isn't my style but he's clearly a good artist.  Christian's work is beautiful but he rubs me the wrong way. 

I think the Grudge Match would have worked better by having former inktestants who made it pretty far return.  Heck, even let Christian and Cleen be the captains.  

The biggest problem, though, at least IMO is inconsistency with the rules and judges.  If they are going to vote off whoever they want for whatever reasons, then ditch the challenges and just let the artists tattoo what they want.  I mean, clearly Amanda could have tattooed her initial and she wouldn't have been sent packing.  For someone like Turk, who is miles above her in talent, to go home first is just reprehensible.   She is the least experienced and worst artist left - - Teej, Tim, Chris, Tiffer and Tony could outdo her with one arm behind their backs and blindfolded.  There is no way she's going to win so for her to continue to slide by is crazy.  

• Love 8

For Amanda to not even get a single elimination vote was pretty shocking. One of the worst tattoos to skate by in quite some time. The reflection wasn't clear, the orb wasn't a circle, the demon wasn't good, and the hand was jacked up. Final 6 and you can't draw a hand correctly? 

Christian is really annoying

I think I've decided that one thing I really dislike about "coach" seasons is that we get so much less of the judges' commentary during the episode prior to the judging. Chris, Oliver, and Dave are a key ingredient to the show and they're losing already limited screen time in exchange for Cleen and Christian's douchey ramblings. In earlier seasons the judges were key characters in the show (Dave getting tattooed, contestants inking Jagermeister logos against Oliver, Japanese day with Chris as a judge) but now they really only pop up to announce the challenge and judge at the end with nothing in between.  

• Love 4

I wasn't paying close attention, what the fuck was Amanada's supposed to be? Why was a human hand holding a globe that reflected back a creature? Was it some kind of magic globe that showed the human was really a monster? I did not get what the fuck was going on there! 

When they showed the close up of Turks, I liked a few of the elements (not the colors), but as is, totally unreadable. Dude blew it. Amanda's still worse though. That chick would not even win Ink Master Angels and here she is in top 6?! 

I preferred the Tiki head and its 3-D look.  

• Love 2

I do find it a little funny that Cleen lost his first Ink Master season to Jason Clay Dunn because he didn't meet the final challenge of doing color realism, and now loses a artist from his team when both the other artists in the bottom 3 didn't meet the challenge of doing a reflection. The inconsistent judging must sting a little.

I was surprised Tiffer chose that canvas.  If he wanted to go head to head doing the space helmet, I thought it would be easier to have an alien as a reflection rather than earth blowing up.

• Love 2

Tiffer needed to go for the stereotypical mushroom cloud coming up from a mountain or something to show that was actually the earth down there and it was blowing up. He totally blew that 'reflection', it seemed a good enough choice but he screwed up his approach to pulling it off.

I just hate everything about this season I think.

• Love 1

I kept staring at Amanda's tattoo to try to figure out the angle of the hand she was trying to show.  There's a reason artists practice drawing hands in different positions.  What bothers me is she had the choice of how she would represent this.  Choose a hand position you can draw that can still be holding up a crystal ball (Isn't that what the orb was supposed to be? Not like we could tell from the tattoo).

While I thought her tattoo was the worst, I am not going to miss Turk.  You'd need a magnifying glass and a trained docent to figure out what is going on in his tattoo.   While it is more of the judging being ridiculously inconsistent as to whether they care about what the actual challenge is, I think he fell prey to the "if we've told you once, we've told you a thousand times, don't do that!!!!" rule of judging.  

My biggest judgement on this season is I typically delete the episode immediately after I watch it.  I am not particularly interested in looking at the tattoos again. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

While I thought her tattoo was the worst, I am not going to miss Turk.  You'd need a magnifying glass and a trained docent to figure out what is going on in his tattoo.   While it is more of the judging being ridiculously inconsistent as to whether they care about what the actual challenge is, I think he fell prey to the "if we've told you once, we've told you a thousand times, don't do that!!!!" rule of judging. 

I agree with you there, when Turk won tattoo of the day it was because he did a simple tattoo with bold colors.  Other than that he was always middle to bottom of the pack because of too much detail and poor color choice.  He didn't improve as the show went on.  Teej is the opposite, he has learnt that the judges just want sticker tattoos and so that is what he gives them.  That isn't his style but he is better off giving the judges what they want.

11 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

My biggest judgement on this season is I typically delete the episode immediately after I watch it.  I am not particularly interested in looking at the tattoos again. 

Is there anywhere where you can see the tattoos?  Normally I would go to the ink master website but the only gallery they have is of cleen and christian's work.

• Love 1
On 11/21/2018 at 1:27 PM, Charlesman said:

Yeah, I mean, Amanda probably maybe should have gone home, but, it's not like I'm upset that Turk's gone, either.

This is pretty much how I felt and similar to how I felt when Austin was against Stacey. Stacey/Turk did a better tattoo, but both parities should leave already.

I don't care for Cleen or Christian, even though they put out some amazing work, and while I'm happy to see three black contestants make it this far I'm rooting for Team Cleen because Christian is just the worst.