Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

There is an author (Zannie) in the Chlex fandom who wrote a fic from Lana POV where she is trying to seduce  Lex (who is in a secret relationship with Chloe). Lanas POV is total satire - she believes that Lex could never truly care for someone as inferior as Chloe and she believes herself to be the perfect woman who must save Lex from Chloe. No matter what she happens to witness between Chlex (which is a lot of sex cause she has the worst timing), she continues on...LOL

Its hilarious. I could totally see Laurel playing the Lana role.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Chaser said:

There is an author (Zannie) in the Chlex fandom who wrote a fic from Lana POV where she is trying to seduce  Lex (who is in a secret relationship with Chloe). Lanas POV is total satire - she believes that Lex could never truly care for someone as inferior as Chloe and she believes herself to be the perfect woman who must save Lex from Chloe. No matter what she happens to witness between Chlex (which is a lot of sex cause she has the worst timing), she continues on...LOL

Its hilarious. I could totally see Laurel playing the Lana role.

I remember that; I loved that fic!. Yep, that completely works as a characterization of Laurel (well, the one I have in my head.) 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

If Laurel had survived I'd see her working the shoulder to lean on angle, offering Oliver to come over late at night "just to talk" while being the best girlfriend to Felicity by encouraging her to move on from Oliver and start dating other people. Cause she's a good person, you guys.

"I met this Detective when I was at the precinct. I think you'd really hit it off with him, Felicity. His name is Billy."

• Love 7
(edited)

The Donor

It's cute and a very original take on the pregnancy trope

ETA: Are you guys suspicious when you start on a new WIP that you like? I always hope that the author is the kind of person who finishes what they start. I'm so impatient though so I find it hard to wait for them to finish before I read. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

The Donor

It's cute and a very original take on the pregnancy trope

ETA: Are you guys suspicious when you start on a new WIP that you like? I always hope that the author is the kind of person who finishes what they start. I'm so impatient though so I find it hard to wait for them to finish before I read. 

I don't usually wait but I usually try to wait until a bunch of chapters have a accumulated.  How much is a bunch varies but I'd want to see at least a few just to prove they are planning on coming back.  Sometimes even if a fic doesn't get finished, it can be satisfying enough to read but I have no use for ones that don't even really get started.  

(edited)

Lord Mesa is having quite a year! First a birthday cake and shout-out on Arrow, and now a GA statue - congrats...

@IconHeroes #SDCC Exclusive DC Comics #Arrow TV Green Arrow Animated Statue
June 21, 2017
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/iconheroes-sdcc-exclusive-dc-comics-arrow-tv-green-arrow-animated-statue/

This week Icon Heroes announced their 4th San Diego Comic Con exclusive!

DC Comics Arrow TV Green Arrow Animated Statue ($50)
The Green Arrow is adorable in this 6″ statue from the hit CW TV show Arrow!  Based on the amazing art of Lord Mesa, each statue is hand painted, individually numbered, and includes a Certificate of Authenticity. 

Available at the Icon Heroes booth #3345.  FREE Green Arrow Animated Statue signing by artist Lord Mesa in our booth on Saturday, July 22 from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm!

IHSDCC17LordArrow2.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 6/20/2017 at 8:27 PM, Mellowyellow said:

Any fic that makes Felicity Oliver's EA for no reason (I.e. not set in S2 and Not Set in an Arrow world) is an automatic Nope for me. Just can't read it.

5 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Poetgirl925 is writing again!

I'm such a fan I totally freaked out. 

Here is her latest update:

Sick Days

I can't read fics set in S2 now that it's S5+ (and being written now). Not to mention setting it in a fictional AU S3 when we're going into S6. I get that the author started the series back in S2 but, that doesn't work for me as a continuing story in 2017.

Edited by Morrigan2575
6 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Sick Days

I'm so glad she came back to finish it. There are so many great WIPs that are so old I know will probably never get done, but this gives me hope!

13 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Sick Days

Nice! She's one of the first authors I started reading when I first started poking around in the fandom. 

But like @Morrigan2575 said, it IS kind of weird reading S2 based stories after all this time :)

My problem with S2 fics is that in retrospect I don't believe O/F would have worked out at that point. I think Oliver definitely wasn't ready and I have my doubts about Felicity as well sometimes.

1 minute ago, bijoux said:

My problem with S2 fics is that in retrospect I don't believe O/F would have worked out at that point. I think Oliver definitely wasn't ready and I have my doubts about Felicity as well sometimes.

Yeah I agree. I'll read Olicity get together/acknowledge feelings in season 1-2 but I agree in terms of show canon no way was Oliver in a place where he would consider going there, also Im sure Felicity was in denial of her feelings as well. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Yeah I agree. I'll read Olicity get together/acknowledge feelings in season 1-2 but I agree in terms of show canon no way was Oliver in a place where he would consider going there, also Im sure Felicity was in denial of her feelings as well. 

I don't know if I believe that Felicity was denying any feelings. I think she fully acknowledged, to herself, that she was attracted to Oliver and was beginning to feel more for him than friendship and physical attraction, but didn't believe that Oliver would ever go there until the end of the season. Oliver was definitely denying his feelings, but also his feelings for Felicity grew over the season. I don't believe that they were in love with each other until well into the season. If anything, there was a sense of, yeah, something great could develop with this person if we let it.

That's part of why I find those fics where Felicity gets sick of Oliver's shit in season two and leaves so ridiculous. Their relationship just wasn't at the level where either of them owed anything (romantically) to or should have expected anything from the other until basically the last episode, if even then. They grew in love; they didn't fall into it at first sight. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Hiveminder said:

They grew in love; they didn't fall into it at first sight. 

Not fanfic related but this is why I love them so much. I know they rushed some things and I would've liked to see some more flirting and stuff before he asked her out in s3, but we saw every step of their relationship evolving. They had a meet cute, they were intrigued by each other, they became acquaintances and then team mates to friends to something more. I love it.

I don't mind season two fics where there is a reasonable explanation to explain why things moved at a faster pace then they did on the show.  Sometimes it's a stranded type fic or twist of fate that pushes them to have to spend more personal time together.  Or a big change in circumstances like that Tommy is alive fic where he pretty much nags Oliver about his attraction and feelings for Felicity and tries to set them up in little moments that would encourage their closeness, acts as a sounding board AND provides a kick in the pants when it's needed. It felt realistic in those circumstances Oliver would own what he felt sooner since he had someone to help him work through his feelings.  It helps that he still had a lot of the same hang ups that he did later on, but they came out in different ways, so some of them are addressed sooner and some of them are just issues out in the open so it feels like they will keep working on them.  

I don't love it when Felicity walks by and Oliver is dead in love with her.  I do want some kind of spark or bonding moment, but I want it to build and maybe even be an unexpected surprise.  I want him to find her more beautiful every time he sees her, not all at once rushing over him. Still, I've resigned myself that a lot of stories are going to do the instantly infatuated thing and I can usually ignore that annoyance if the rest of it is well done.  

I still can't read anything set between break up and 520.  I've tried and I hate everything from that time.  Really anything after he lies to her about Myson is a no go for me.  I have a similar NOPE for their time apart in season three.  I just don't enjoy any fake reconciliation stories I guess. At least not until they have basically already reconciled in the show.  After 520, I was open to all the specs about how they get back together.  Before that, just nope.   

• Love 1
(edited)

I treat everything in the old seasons as an AU.

I'm a sucker for the love at first sight stuff. Because of their in show meet cute and "Magic" I can head cannon that in an AU he would have fallen head first for her. 

Plus she's so obviously the love of his life and he was so eager to marry her, it feels like he's unknowingly waited a lifetime for her to appear. 

I don't like predicting fics. Weird but I can't enjoy them because I just know that the show will air and it won't be like that. 

Not a huge fan of Oliver and Felicity are childhood besties stuff either. 

Edited by Mellowyellow
  • Love 1

I can appreciate love at first sight fics while totally accepting that while Oliver was charmed instantly by Felicity and she left an impression on him he wasn't in love with her at first sight, and the show was better for it. 

Another fic Ill read but accept that it doesn't work with their canonical story is Olicity growing up as kids together. I enjoy them don't get me wrong my current fave fic is an Olicity childhood friends to lovers fic.  But I think their story works better with them meeting the way they did and learning to love each other then having them known each other all their lives. Mostly because I don't think Felicity would have ever been friends with original Ollie the way he was. He was someone who had everything and was a douche bag while she grew up in struggling single mum household with a father who abandoned her and given her college hacker exploits seem to carry a chip and have low tolerance for overly privileged people.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7517438/chapters/17087060 This is the only post season 4 fic that I enjoyed..the lie was such a turn off I couldn't find anything else I liked to read after that..I only read AUs. The numbers of new fics being written dropped a lot though so it might have also been that the problem. 

I think I read the first chapter and then just forgot about the updates. It's pretty good and a rather good use of Susan Williams too. I know, I was shocked as well! I'll have to check out the writer's other stuff.

I find it so weird when Felicity refers to Oliver in fic as "Queen" like a nickname. She called him "Mr. Queen" twice in the second season, once because they were in the office and playing the CEO/EA roles and another time when she sorta flirtatiously mentioned a weapons cache. But Queen?!? I don't get it.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I find it so weird when Felicity refers to Oliver in fic as "Queen" like a nickname. She called him "Mr. Queen" twice in the second season, once because they were in the office and playing the CEO/EA roles and another time when she sorta flirtatiously mentioned a weapons cache. But Queen?!? I don't get it.

AU Felicy or canon Felicity? I could give AU Felicity a pass depending on the setting, but not canon Felicity. Then again, I find fic fixation on Felicity calling him 'mister' off putting. She did it once on the show when she was nervous in front of Isabel, it's not something she called him regularly when he forgot to pick up milk.

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

AU Felicy or canon Felicity? I could give AU Felicity a pass depending on the setting, but not canon Felicity. Then again, I find fic fixation on Felicity calling him 'mister' off putting. She did it once on the show when she was nervous in front of Isabel, it's not something she called him regularly when he forgot to pick up milk.

Even AU Felicity ... AU to me just puts the character in a different universe/situation but should retain who the character is and canon Felicity doesn't usually call Oliver "mister" unless she's sorta flirting or is playing the EA role like she was in that scene with Isabel. (I didn't think she was nervous, just being professional ... until she got impatient and just yelled "Oliver!" LOL) 

1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Even AU Felicity ... AU to me just puts the character in a different universe/situation but should retain who the character is and canon Felicity doesn't usually call Oliver "mister" unless she's sorta flirting or is playing the EA role like she was in that scene with Isabel. (I didn't think she was nervous, just being professional ... until she got impatient and just yelled "Oliver!" LOL) 

That's not the scene where she called him mister. You're thinking about her trying to get him out of his office after Roy left him a message. There he was Mr Queen before Oliver. I'm talking about Oliver showing up late for a QC function at the manor with blood on his ear after arrowing and it was a nervous, Who taught you how to shave, mister? I'm talking about plain mister, here, not Mr Queen. 

11 minutes ago, bijoux said:

That's not the scene where she called him mister. You're thinking about her trying to get him out of his office after Roy left him a message. There he was Mr Queen before Oliver. I'm talking about Oliver showing up late for a QC function at the manor with blood on his ear after arrowing and it was a nervous, Who taught you how to shave, mister? I'm talking about plain mister, here, not Mr Queen. 

Oh! Totally forgot about that. OK, I agree ... it was a one-time, kinda jokey thing. 

• Love 1

I don't have a whole lot of fic peeves, but yeah - the mister thing bothers me, and I also don't like them calling each other by their last names. I can be flirty and fun, but not (IMO) for the kind of relationship Oliver and Felicity have. It works better for cocky guys dealing with someone who's a little uptight. Like Ted whatshisface with Laurel, etc. 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/7517438/chapters/17087060 This is the only post season 4 fic that I enjoyed..the lie was such a turn off I couldn't find anything else I liked to read after that..I only read AUs. The numbers of new fics being written dropped a lot though so it might have also been that the problem. 

I liked Dobby and Susan Williams (She was antagonistic toward Oliver, but kind of funny and an actually good reporter.) in that, but the whole Javi thing annoyed the f out of me. I think I hated him more than Oliver did. 

6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't have a whole lot of fic peeves, but yeah - the mister thing bothers me, and I also don't like them calling each other by their last names. I can be flirty and fun, but not (IMO) for the kind of relationship Oliver and Felicity have. It works better for cocky guys dealing with someone who's a little uptight. Like Ted whatshisface with Laurel, etc. 

Unless it's consistently done in the show/book/whatever or the fic is a military AU where both characters were already in the military when they met, I don't like it when authors randomly have characters refer to each other by last name. 

Overuse use of one off nicknames in fic are one of my pet peeves no matter how AU the story. I still roll my eyes anytime I come across a Buffy story where Spike constantly calls Xander whelp, Faith is nothing but five by five, and Giles appears to have legally changed his name to G-man. 

• Love 2
(edited)

One thing that kinda bothers me in fics is some fandom head canon things that have been repeated a lot? Like, for example, the idea that Oliver will go crazy over Felicity wearing a green dress, the same green as his GA suit. I just don't think that's accurate? I've never understood that and I always kinda roll my eyes when it comes up. I don't like it when Felicity babbles too much, some go on and on and on and it just turns me off the fic completely because she's not like that. And, weirdly, it bugs me when she's always obsessed with eating mint chip ice cream because it was mentioned in show that one time. LOL.

It's silly things.

Edited by Guest

Javi was saved by one extremely short paragraph in my eyes.

Javi. Lissy. Gag.

? I loved Oliver's internal monologues in this one. And that's a feat because more often than not I grow tired by that no matter how well it starts out.

OMG, I hate that nickname for Felicity. I don't understand why authors use it. Even Donna doesn't have a nickname for her (well, maybe "baby girl"). I once came across a fic with Tommy calling her Lis or Lissy and I just wanted to smack him. Like, Felicity has three very short syllables. You can say the whole thing, Tommy.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

One thing that kinda bothers me in fics is some fandom head canon things that have been repeated a lot?

It's kind of stupid but fanfics that have Felicity being a coffee of caffeine junkie bother me because I don't recall that ever coming up on Arrow. I can't tell if it's left over Chloe Sullivan stuff or people just assume that all STEM people drink massive amounts of coffee.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

It's kind of stupid but fanfics that have Felicity being a coffee of caffeine junkie bother me because I don't recall that ever coming up on Arrow. I can't tell if it's left over Chloe Sullivan stuff or people just assume that all STEM people drink massive amounts of coffee.

Has Felicity ever even mentioned coffee on the show other than to tell Oliver she won't get him any? There's at least twice as much evidence for the Big Belly Burger addiction that shows up much less often in fic. (If you ignore her waist line.)

20 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I don't like it when Felicity babbles too much, some go on and on and on and it just turns me off the fic completely because she's not like that. And, weirdly, it bugs me when she's always obsessed with eating mint chip ice cream because it was mentioned in show that one time. LOL.

Some fics that have paragraphs and paragraphs of internal monologue babble that just make Felicity seem like a total basketcase. I end up scrolling by. She pretty much only babbles in specific social situations and also doesn't really waffle about decisions to merit that amount of internal babbling. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Hiveminder said:

Has Felicity ever even mentioned coffee on the show other than to tell Oliver she won't get him any? There's at least twice as much evidence for the Big Belly Burger addiction that shows up much less often in fic. (If you ignore her waist line.)

Off the top of my head, I haven't even looked at coffee yet, to Ray when he showed up unannounced and uninvited at her place ealy in the morning. 

11 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I don't recall anything on Arrow but I think there was that Flash episode where she said "yum" about coffee. Maybe the ep where she visited Barry? Other than that, I don't recall any coffee-related scenes that would merit such focus in fics. 

Just now, Midnight Lullaby said:

I roll my eyes at the panda flats..she wore them once, five years ago, and they seem to somehow define who she is, LOL.

It worked in that Dobby fic because they had been buried in the back of her closet for years.

it's here! The final chapter of The Darkest Hour. ?? Oh man, I hope I don't get disappointed when I actually read it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, bijoux said:

It worked in that Dobby fic because they had been buried in the back of her closet for years.

I know..I appreciated the way she wrote it. I was thinking of the fics written today where Felicity finds this pair of panda flats and they all write that they aren't her usual style but she likes them or something like that..who started that trend? I want to talk, LOL

17 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

Some fics that have paragraphs and paragraphs of internal monologue babble that just make Felicity seem like a total basketcase. I end up scrolling by. She pretty much only babbles in specific social situations and also doesn't really waffle about decisions to merit that amount of internal babbling. 

She doesn't even really babble. Not the way it's usually portrayed in fics anyway. Most of the time I read fics where she talks really fast, and it ends up being some long, stream of consciousness monologue about nothing in particular or else she's doing something like making up worse and worse doomsday scenarios for whatever situation is happening at the moment. That's not how Felicity talks. In all of the instances of 'babbling' I can think of from the show she gets nervous, makes a kind of inappropriate comment, then spends a few awkward sentences trying to walk it back before stopping herself. 

• Love 4
(edited)

So, The Darkest Hour has what in my mind is a good ending, something @Mellowyellow asked about the other day. I felt that it fit the fic and who Oliver and Felicity are in it 

Spoiler

with them focusing on continuing their work which is what brought them together in the first place. It's not perfect, I'd have preferred Tommy to have died, but I guess this leaves the author with the option of writing a follow up if she choses at a later date.

One thing I found surprising is that Oliver has been back and in business for five years. It certainly explains how he's as together as he is, but I don't think that was mentioned in the fic earlier. I am glad he and Moira got to spend much more time together, though.

Edited by bijoux
14 minutes ago, bijoux said:

So, The Darkest Hour has what in my mind is a good ending, something @Mellowyellow asked about the other day. I felt that it fit the fic and who Oliver and Felicity are in it 

Hide contents

with them focusing on continuing their work which is what brought them together in the first place. It's not perfect, I'd have preferred Tommy to have died, but I guess this leaves the author with the option of writing a follow up if she choses at a later date.

One thing I found surprising is that Oliver has been back and in business for five years. It certainly explains how he's as together as he is, but I don't think that was mentioned in the fic earlier. I am glad he and Moira got to spend much more time together, though.

I thought it was mentioned earlier in the fic that Oliver has been back from the island for at least a couple years, but it's been so long I can't remember for sure. 

With Felicity's babbling, I don't like it when she has long monologues in her head that she inadvertently says out loud. Please forgive me if I've ever written this. Have I missed this on the show? I know she says things "in the worst way," but I can't remember where her inner thoughts become outer without her realizing it. At least, not on a recurring basis. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, I don't like it when fic people say things without realizing it. Does that actually happen? I also dislike letting out breaths they didn't know they were holding. YOU KNOW.

?

2 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

She doesn't even really babble. Not the way it's usually portrayed in fics anyway. Most of the time I read fics where she talks really fast, and it ends up being some long, stream of consciousness monologue about nothing in particular or else she's doing something like making up worse and worse doomsday scenarios for whatever situation is happening at the moment. That's not how Felicity talks. In all of the instances of 'babbling' I can think of from the show she gets nervous, makes a kind of inappropriate comment, then spends a few awkward sentences trying to walk it back before stopping herself. 

I read a fic once that had Felicity go into an epic babble every time she spoke. Every single time she opened her mouth it was a paragraph long babble. 

I had to drop it after real quick because I couldn't deal with all the babbling.

2 hours ago, bijoux said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Yeah, I was a little surprised and disappointed that Tommy and Malcolm survived.

I'm kind of hoping there's an epilogue where we learn that Tommy went crazy and killed himself while Malcolm died in Prison or something to that effect.

@Morrigan2575 

Spoiler

I'm afraid there won't be anything like that. I asked the author about her choice and this was her reply:

I chose to keep Tommy alive because despite everything, at one point, he was Oliver's friend and brother. Before he went wrong, these two were inseparable. So, after the losses Oliver already suffered, and after Felicity already went through so much, having her end the life of Tommy just seemed to be overkill in my mind. The idea of him in a prison cell, the way he kept Felicity, was sweet justice for Felicity. I also though, with all the progress she made in recovery, and with the road she still has ahead of her, I think killing him would have done something to Felicity that would set her back.

I didn't even think about Malcolm, he ended up being a much, much lesser deal than Tommy in my eyes, so I was fine with him cutting a deal and slithering off relatively unscathed. It's Malcolm after all.

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, I don't like it when fic people say things without realizing it. Does that actually happen? I also dislike letting out breaths they didn't know they were holding. YOU KNOW.

In defensive of that, I think it's more a case of forgetting to breath than holding ones breath, because I've been there, where something is so tense  or unexpected that I'm not moving at all and then I HAVE to breath and that's really the first time I've noticed I hadn't been. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, bijoux said:

Saw this and thought of the question of if Felicity is a known java junkie.  I think it's safe to think the show runners think she is, lol.  

My personal take on it is she's an average caffeine addict like most of the rest of the world on normal days (so needs that first cup to feel human  probably) but when she's on some kind of research bender, she's a bit of a monster.  Though I'd suspect that she'd take both coffee and energy drinks to get her caffeine fix. Otherwise it wasn't uncommon to see her with coffee or a mug but she was never really obsessed with it, not like Chloe on Smallville or Lorelai on Gilmore Girls.   

• Love 1