Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

I think Tommy and Felicity would have been friends had Tommy not died or turned evil.

I agree on the polygamy fics, especially the ones that are longterm relationships with shared kids etc. 

I can't ever take a polygamy fic seriously.  I've watched too much Sister Wives.  That's mostly a joke, but I also just can't see how they could keep the relationship healthy long term.

1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Is it the double date one?

The one I'm thinking of is called The Billionaires, the Lawyer, and the IT Girl, or something like that.  I've never clicked on it, so all I know is it's Oliver/Laurel and Felticity/Tommy.

The only double date fic I can think of is the one where Felicity's an immortal.  I got bored during the first chapter, so I don't know what happens after their take out arrived.

(edited)

I guess some polygamy relationships work (the guy who created Wonder Woman was in one) but I can't see Oliver/Tommy/Felicity or Oliver/Sara/Felicity working out longterm. Oliver is just too dominant a person he wouldn't share.  The ones where they have Sara's children and Felicity's children belong to no Earth that I can conceive of.

18 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Were they at least upfront about this or was it a bait and switch?

Yes, completely upfront, It's in the summary of the fic on the page listing fics so I'm grateful for that.

I don't know if it's the double date one, I didn't read it at all.  I appreciate that the author likes both Laurel and Felicity, which not many people do.  I guess she also believes in comic canon and wanted to give Felicity someone after putting Oliver and Laurel together but I can't see Felicity happy with Tommy or Oliver with Laurel at least not the versions I saw on TV.

ETA:  Yes, it's The Billionaires, the Lawyer, and the IT Girl.  It may be really good, it's just that I can't read something with those pairings.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

I think Tommy and Felicity could have become friends had he lived, but I can't see them in a relationship. But then, it makes more sense to me to read Tommy and Iris in a relationship (which I can't see either) than Tommy and Laurel and that actually happened.  

I've read a few Smoaking Billionaires fics; I don't hate them but definitely don't seek them out. I guess polyamory isn't my thing. 

34 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I can't ever take a polygamy fic seriously.  I've watched too much Sister Wives.  That's mostly a joke, but I also just can't see how they could keep the relationship healthy long term.

The one I'm thinking of is called The Billionaires, the Lawyer, and the IT Girl, or something like that.  I've never clicked on it, so all I know is it's Oliver/Laurel and Felticity/Tommy.

The only double date fic I can think of is the one where Felicity's an immortal.  I got bored during the first chapter, so I don't know what happens after their take out arrived.

Ah yes, that's right I remember reading the summary and then skipping when I saw the Highlander stuff.

6 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

I wouldn't either, logically, but in this story there's no way to get into Mae's head, so all she really is is someone who keeps rejecting Oliver and making him feel bad.  This is an issue with having really young kids play a major part in fiction that's not written from their point of view.  It can be really difficult to get the readers to connect with them when they essentially don't have a view point.

I haven't read the story, but kids in real life are not that hard to get them to like you as long as the kid isn't traumatized or distracted with needing something like food, sleep, or being ill.  Oh and as long as you aren't being a jerk.  Even with shy kids, if mom is there to include the new person in play activity, the kid will warm up fast.  Did Oliver do something so the kid is scared of him?  Otherwise it sounds like they just aren't writing the kid like a real person.    

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I haven't read the story, but kids in real life are not that hard to get them to like you as long as the kid isn't traumatized or distracted with needing something like food, sleep, or being ill.  Oh and as long as you aren't being a jerk.  Even with shy kids, if mom is there to include the new person in play activity, the kid will warm up fast.  Did Oliver do something so the kid is scared of him?  Otherwise it sounds like they just aren't writing the kid like a real person.    

No, Oliver hasn't done anything that should make the kid afraid of him.  Apparently, his 'death' traumatized her, and she's just at an age where she's really shy around strangers.  I don't buy either reason because even though I don't have kids myself, I have a big family.  That's not how most kids act.  She doesn't come off as being afraid of him either.  To me, she just comes off as a brat who's been spoiled.  Her reluctance to have anything to do with him is excessive.  He's been back at least a month, and she barely lets him hand her toys.

Edited by Hiveminder
  • Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Oliver did nothing wrong. The author is using the kid as a plot device. It is unrealistic for a 2 year old kid to spend that much time with Oliver and resent his existence. It made sense at the beginning but, he's been around her for a month and she's still giving him the cold shoulder. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

I think Tommy and Felicity could have become friends had he lived, but I can't see them in a relationship. But then, it makes more sense to me to read Tommy and Iris in a relationship (which I can't see either) than Tommy and Laurel and that actually happened.  

I've read a few Smoaking Billionaires fics; I don't hate them but definitely don't seek them out. I guess polyamory isn't my thing. 

Early on, like in season one and really early season two, I read a few Smoaking Billionaire fics, but they were mostly Plot, What, Plot, fics where Oliver was falling back on his former playboy ways as an excuse to get with Felicity (and apparently Felicity just had something to cross off her bucket list, lol) without owning up to any emotional ties.  But I just can't with the ones that are supposed to have Felicity equally loving Oliver and Tommy.  And like someone else said, why would Oliver be willing to share?  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Early on, like in season one and really early season two, I read a few Smoaking Billionaire fics, but they were mostly Plot, What, Plot, fics where Oliver was falling back on his former playboy ways as an excuse to get with Felicity (and apparently Felicity just had something to cross off her bucket list, lol) without owning up to any emotional ties.  But I just can't with the ones that are supposed to have Felicity equally loving Oliver and Tommy.  And like someone else said, why would Oliver be willing to share?  

Why would Tommy, for that matter.  I mean, we don't know a whole lot about his sexual preferences, but I can only imagine the issues that he would have with being in a threesome with Oliver given their shared history with Laurel.

• Love 2
(edited)

Give Him Your Heart (he will give you his) by AlexiaBlackbriar13

This is an odd one that I was actually really enjoying.  It's Oliver turned into a puppy by a meta human.  You'd think that it would just be really silly but it dives into Oliver's PTSD in a real way and there's actual important action and plot going on in addition to all sorts of cuddles, cuteness, and feels. 

I've read all 9 of the existing chapters (there's only supposed to be one more) and I still lean toward this being worth having read but now I'm getting to the point where I think that he's being portrayed as TOO traumatized in this story.  They use the excuse of him being in puppy form and thus unable to erect his normal mental walls for why he's initially having a tougher time and it made sense, but now

Spoiler

after he's close to being ready to turn back into being human, the talk is that that's when all the trauma is REALLY going to hit him and Caitlin is severely worried about him being suicidal because someone burned a word on him in his puppy form which would stay around on his chest in human form.  And all I can think is if this is how fragile Oliver's mental state is, how awful it was that Felicity wanted this messed up man barely holding it together to put the mask back on.  There's nothing in the story to suggest she was being mean or selfish but it's retroactively making me think they should have never left Ivy town.  

Oddly enough, this is set in early season four when Oliver was at his MOST healthy emotionally.  

Otherwise, I quite enjoyed it.  (Well, Quentin calls Felicity "sweetheart WAAAAY too much, but otherwise it's good, lol.)

23 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Why would Tommy, for that matter.  I mean, we don't know a whole lot about his sexual preferences, but I can only imagine the issues that he would have with being in a threesome with Oliver given their shared history with Laurel.

I've never stuck around too long in those fics to find out, but I think part of the appeal is Tommy being in love with Oliver and I assume vice versa.  I just find it hard to buy into neither Oliver and Tommy ever having explored that option until Felicity came along if it was something they were into.  

Edited by BkWurm1
3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

This is an odd one that I was actually really enjoying.  It's Oliver turned into a puppy by a meta human.  You'd think that it would just be really silly but it dives into Oliver's PTSD in a real way and there's actual important action and plot going on in addition to all sorts of cuddles, cuteness, and feels. 

I've read all 9 of the existing chapters (there's only supposed to be one more) and I still lean toward this being worth having read but now I'm getting to the point where I think that he's being portrayed as TOO traumatized in this story.  They use the excuse of him being in puppy form and thus unable to erect his normal mental walls for why he's initially having a tougher time and it made sense, but now

Reveal hidden contents

after he's close to being ready to turn back into being human, the talk is that that's when all the trauma is REALLY going to hit him and Caitlin is severely worried about him being suicidal because someone burned a word on him in his puppy form which would stay around on his chest in human form.  And all I can think is if this is how fragile Oliver's mental state is, how awful it was that Felicity wanted this messed up man barely holding it together to put the mask back on.  There's nothing in the story to suggest she was being mean or selfish but it's retroactively making me think they should have never left Ivy town.  

Oddly enough, this is set in early season four when Oliver was at his MOST healthy emotionally.  

Otherwise, I quite enjoyed it.  (Well, Quentin calls Felicity "sweetheart WAAAAY too much, but otherwise it's good, lol.)

I've never stuck around too long to find out, but I think part of the appeal is Tommy being in love with Oliver.  I just find it hard to buy into neither Oliver and Tommy ever having explored that option until Felicity came along if it was something they were into.  

I can see why someone would think Tommy could be in love with Oliver since he did go to Hong Kong based on an email draft, but I can't see Oliver reciprocating.  I imagine he'd like his men like he likes his women, and Tommy just doesn't seem to be as strong as all the women with whom Oliver's been in an actual relationship.  So I guess it would have to be a casual sex thing at most.  At least on Oliver's side.

I like AlexiaBlackbriar13's fics because she does acknowledge and spotlight Oliver's PTSD, which I don't see as much of as I'd like, but she does usually dial up his symptoms to 20.  It's really hard to believe that an Oliver that fragile would be able to function as a vigilante, but they're still enjoyable as long as I don't let that aspect bother me too much.  I like her Man's Best Friend series because doggie!, but before Oliver brought Dig and Felicity in to the vigilante stuff I kept worrying about what would happen to the dog if he was down in the foundry and something happened to Oliver while he was out Hooding.  No one would know where to look for him. (The dog, not Oliver.)

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

somewhereelse just wrote a new fic

Go Climb a Mountain

It is a bit more angsty than some of her other works but I liked it anyway because her work always seems to appeal to me! She's like the more angsty version of quiveringbunny imo! 

I've been enjoying her MIT Has a Football Team? It's sweet and funny but quite AU.

I'm also reading Not The One From Delphi by ExcellentlyEllen.  Felicity babbles too much but she also gets to to be the masked superhero the show won't let her be.  (Also, I really like the architecture for the QC building.)

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

The last 2 chapters were very difficult to read. I wish I could say it was about Oliver, his PTSD and everything that happened but

it was mostly the torture of the Husky Puppy...yes I realize it was Oliver but, it was a Puppy!  I would have had an easier time dealing with Oliver being tortured

• Love 2
Just now, Morrigan2575 said:

The last 2 chapters were very difficult to read. I wish I could say it was about Oliver, his PTSD and everything that happened but

Hide contents

it was mostly the torture of the Husky Puppy...yes I realize it was Oliver but, it was a Puppy!  I would have had an easier time dealing with Oliver being tortured

I had to skip over those parts.  Those ghosts deserved to be drowned in a vat of acid.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I had to skip over those parts.  Those ghosts deserved to be drowned in a vat of acid.

Lol, I know!  I kept foolishly thinking someone would have at least stepped in and stopped the Ghosts and I mean another Ghost!  Just because they were soulless killing machines doesn't mean that they'd be ok with

Spoiler

puppy torture!

5 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

Yeah, i was quite homicidal after reading. Hoping they'd suffer a slow/painful death.

I was actually quite fine with them having their throats ripped out and slowly suffocating on their own blood. ??

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Hiveminder said:

I like her Man's Best Friend series because doggie!, but before Oliver brought Dig and Felicity in to the vigilante stuff I kept worrying about what would happen to the dog if he was down in the foundry and something happened to Oliver while he was out Hooding.  No one would know where to look for him. (The dog, not Oliver.)

Is this the fic where everyone was parceling out spending time with Oliver without his knowledge? Yeah, the Oliver they write sometimes seems like he should be in intensive inpatient therapy not vigilateing or dating. 

5 hours ago, Hiveminder said:

No, Oliver hasn't done anything that should make the kid afraid of him.  Apparently, his 'death' traumatized her, and she's just at an age where she's really shy around strangers.  I don't buy either reason because even though I don't have kids myself, I have a big family.  That's not how most kids act.  She doesn't come off as being afraid of him either.  To me, she just comes off as a brat who's been spoiled.  Her reluctance to have anything to do with him is excessive.  He's been back at least a month, and she barely lets him hand her toys.

I agree. It would make sense if she was having a bad day to cling to her mom or the other people she is more familiar with than Oliver but that can work occasionally, it doesn't make sense as a constant behavior. Also that scene where they went to his grave should have been moving but was just weird to me.

6 hours ago, leopardprint said:

Is this the fic where everyone was parceling out spending time with Oliver without his knowledge? Yeah, the Oliver they write sometimes seems like he should be in intensive inpatient therapy not vigilateing or dating. 

Yep. Like I said, she does go overboard with the PTSD. 

2 hours ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I agree. It would make sense if she was having a bad day to cling to her mom or the other people she is more familiar with than Oliver but that can work occasionally, it doesn't make sense as a constant behavior. Also that scene where they went to his grave should have been moving but was just weird to me.

I can't believe no one warned Oliver about the grave in the backyard with his name on it, but at least now I can stop expecting Mae to call Tommy dada. That would have just been way to much angst. 

(edited)
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

I've been enjoying her MIT Has a Football Team? It's sweet and funny but quite AU.

I've read it but re read it again since you brought it up! Enjoyed it so much! It is very AU but I'm a big believer in the multiverse so all AUs that I like are true somewhere out there =P

I like how she manages to incorporate almost the entire clan in her fics and does it pretty seamlessly. I love it when they all pop up during her stories.

ETA: She added another chapter! I was so confused when I started on the second chapter thinking "Why don't I remember any of this, I've lost my marbles!"

Edited by Mellowyellow
10 hours ago, statsgirl said:

This is a really nice surprise. I didn't even really plan to read it, but then I saw it was only two chapters so what the heck. It had enough of the show elements to make me believe this is a possible version of who Oliver and Felicity could have been at one point if the chips had landed differently. I also chortled at, I am not Pinky! ?

That is so disturbing.   Also disturbing is that's all that user writes.  They also have a Barry/Nora fic.  And for some reason, I wanted to know if they could actually write,  turns out they can't.   And also this was like the fourth paragraph. 

Shouting had ensued from some members of the group, especially from Felicity, who was shrill in her opposition to having Laurel's doppelgänger not rotting in an A.R.G.U.S. prison cell. However, Oliver rightfully used his position as leader to tell her that her emotions were clouding her judgement, to which Felicity huffed petulantly and went off into the smouldering jungle to vent out her temper tantrum. Thankfully, a decision was eventually made (regardless of Felicity's absence), albeit one of great controversy.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Delphi said:

That is so disturbing.   Also disturbing is that's all that user writes.  They also have a Barry/Nora fic.  And for some reason, I wanted to know if they could actually write,  turns out they can't.   And also this was like the fourth paragraph. 

This gave me the courage to take a peek. So Oliver makes Quentin live with her so she can be redeemed.  What the?  Oh and apparently NotLaurel has been wearing really strong sports bras when dressed up as BS thus previously hiding her MUCH bigger boobs.  And yeah, that's when I got the hell out of there.  

• Love 2
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Oh and apparently NotLaurel has been wearing really strong sports bras when dressed up as BS thus previously hiding her MUCH bigger boobs.  And yeah, that's when I got the hell out of there.  

Oh man, I was wondering why 'large breasts' was tagged but didn't want to look. Thanks for taking one for the team.

• Love 3

Anyone reading The Wedding Challenge? I just read the epilogue and it was kind of odd. It introduced something that had little relevance to the story at the last minute and, then kind of had a non story ending. 

• Love 1
On 6/13/2017 at 3:51 AM, SmallScreenDiva said:

That is sweet! AU, but it managed to incorporate a lot of show elements seamlessly. I just finished the first chapter, off to read the second.

Have you read her other stuff?? You should go through and read all her stuff if you liked this story! I loved some of her other stories even better!!!!!! 

37 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Have you read her other stuff?? You should go through and read all her stuff if you liked this story! I loved some of her other stories even better!!!!!! 

I'm just starting to. Just finished reading "Discovery" and that was rather well done, heartbreaking but in a good way :)

46 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Anyone reading The Wedding Challenge? I just read the epilogue and it was kind of odd. It introduced something that had little relevance to the story at the last minute and, then kind of had a non story ending. 

Only read the epilogue, but yeah, lol, weird turn.  Her dislike of Laurel popping up?  (I just assume most have it, lol)

2 hours ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm just starting to. Just finished reading "Discovery" and that was rather well done, heartbreaking but in a good way :)

"In the Light of Day" is one of my favourites of hers (I adore AUs though!). You have to read it!!!!!!!!!!