Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

It is really nice to see the collage of the sex scene... It makes me remember what I am fighting for when I want them to get back together. I'm very disappointed the show did no capitalize on their chemistry for at least one love scene in s4a, especially since they knew they were breaking them up for s4b. Seriously, Arrow writers room you have failed this show!

• Love 4

It is really nice to see the collage of the sex scene... It makes me remember what I am fighting for when I want them to get back together. I'm very disappointed the show did no capitalize on their chemistry for at least one love scene in s4a, especially since they knew they were breaking them up for s4b. Seriously, Arrow writers room you have failed this show!

I doubt we'd ever get the kind of love scene 320 gave us. That was a special treat, I think. I'm still surprised by how much we got from that scene tbh.

If there was a chance for a similar shorter love scene, I wouldn't mind seeing the lead up to it, you know, maybe Oliver could press Felicity against the wall as they kiss or something. For reasons. 

Not that I've thought about it or anything. Nope. Not at all. 

I doubt we'd ever get the kind of love scene 320 gave us. That was a special treat, I think. I'm still surprised by how much we got from that scene tbh.

If there was a chance for a similar shorter love scene, I wouldn't mind seeing the lead up to it, you know, maybe Oliver could press Felicity against the wall as they kiss or something. For reasons. 

Not that I've thought about it or anything. Nope. Not at all. 

TBH, I think the only reason we got it was because s3 was sucking so much, they knew they had to give us something. I found it very suspicious that the teasers of the sex scene leaked when it did in the hiatus. It was their please return to us and when we screw things up the next episode, please stay with us.

I agree with you they could do something to show the lead up. Walls work for me... Personally I've always wanted them to capitalize on their cheeky chemistry they had in s2. Perhaps make some of their innuendos actual realities.

• Love 3

Everybody needs to stop with this journal speculation, because if that doesn't happen, I'll be very sad, and very angry, and very disappointed, and please stop doing this to me! :)

• Love 3
(edited)

CarrieAnn wrote a really sweet, short fic that starts rebuilding Oliver and Felicity's relationship. It's definitely worth a read! Now I want this to happen on the show :p

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6133879

I loved this @Carrie Ann! I want it to happen exactly like this. GIVE IT TO ME! 

Edited by Guest
(edited)

I wasn't thrilled with the Felicity stuff and then the Carly thing happened. Just made no sense why they would write Carly as Sara and John Jr's mother.

Plus the whole Oliver faking his and Felicity's death while leaving kids and grandkids out in the world.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3
(edited)

I wasn't thrilled with the Felicity stuff and then the Carly thing happened. Just made no sense why they would write Carly as Sara and John Jr's mother.

Plus the whole Oliver faking his and Felicity's death while leaving kids and grandkids out in the world.

I thought it was being suggested that Lyla died and Carly was his second wife.  Which I also didn't love.  And yeah, their kids wouldn't have even been adults.

But again, it was well written.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

honestly when it comes to fics, I've been reduced to looking for any well written fics haha. There's been a drought in good Olicity stories that are well written + are well thought out + have good ideas... 

• Love 4

I need a good fanfic recommendation.... I'm looking for a new O/F story. I'm getting kinda emotionally fatigued of fix-its and drabbles. I'm impartial to the Arrow component. I don't care if its AU or canon-divergent. Probably, would actually prefer it as long as it's realistic and not set in high school/college. I'm just looking for good characterization and something that capitalizes on the chemistry & banter of O/F. I loved wanting them to get together and that push/pull of when their emotions were developing. I also liked when they were still trying to figure each other out. I would prefer something with a few chapters and not just a collection of one-shots.

• Love 2
(edited)

I need a good fanfic recommendation.... I'm looking for a new O/F story. I'm getting kinda emotionally fatigued of fix-its and drabbles. I'm impartial to the Arrow component. I don't care if its AU or canon-divergent. Probably, would actually prefer it as long as it's realistic and not set in high school/college. I'm just looking for good characterization and something that capitalizes on the chemistry & banter of O/F. I loved wanting them to get together and that push/pull of when their emotions were developing. I also liked when they were still trying to figure each other out. I would prefer something with a few chapters and not just a collection of one-shots.

There's not really any new stuff that fits those parameters, but here are some recs. 

P.S. I hate you by entersomethingcleverhere: Felicity and Oliver are feuding neighbors

Across The Highs, The Lows, And The In-Betweens by bri617: Felicity and Oliver meet cute on a plane, become best friends, and fall in love

The Strings We Attach by kwrites: Felicity is working at QC and keeps secretly hooking up with Oliver except it turns into something more. (They're a little bit OOC, but there's lots of flirting. And, well, smut)

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

Some AUs that I am currently enoying are:

All Blue Skies: 3-year-old Addy Queen has her father wrapped around her little finger. Oliver is happy as a single dad, but juggling a toddler, being CFO and keeping his parents in check doesn’t leave much time for dating. After a string of bad dates he doesn’t even have the time for, he is about ready to hang the towel – when a surprising meeting (in Blockbuster of all places) takes his breath away.

First Impressions: Modern Pride and Prejudice AU: “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a young woman in possession of a great intellect must be in want of job that requires its use.” But Felicity Smoak seemed stuck in the quiet beach town of Hertfordshire forever. Will the handsome summer tourist and his snobby best friend save her from another season of boredom or will Oliver Queen’s stuck up attitude make Felicity want to strangle him before it’s even over?

Forewarned, First Impressions does feature Laurel and Felicity friendship, so if that's not your thing you may want to skip it. (I am still enjoying it even though Laurel isn't my favourite canon character. But I find that in AUs I don't mind her). This also is set to update every Tuesday, so you won't be waiting wondering when the next update is. 

This feels like falling in love6 years ago, Oliver Queen and Felicity Smoak struck up an unlikely friendship. This friendship has only strengthen with time, through good and bad moments, such as Oliver losing his mother and Felicity facing an unexpected pregnancy. Now that Oliver’s antics has gotten him cut off and thrown out by his father, he seeks refuge with Felicity and her daughter, and realizes it is time for him to re-evaluate his life, find a job he loves and discover happiness was right in front of him this whole time.

It's still kinda soon to tell about this one for me, but so far it's been pretty good and I'm sure there will be some good pining soon. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I basically check out everything O/F on AO3. If it's actively offensive (rapey, or Felicity gets over lying in 2 seconds, or Laurel's a major character), I move on, but a decent amount is at least entertaining. I just keep the O/F tag open and at least check out most of it...although any post-4.15 fics get a scroll to the end bc if she forgives him in 2 seconds I'm outta there. 

There's a new one by hannasus, who's an excellent writer, but I HATE it, bc Felicity disappears and Oliver decides to move on in a month and everyone pressures him to move on. I am not the love of anyone's life, but damnit, people better be sad about my death for a hell of a lot more than a month. 

Still a huge fan of Somewhere Out There. She is writing that while O/F are each others' soulmates, they also realize that each person is different than the one remembered, and I respect and love that. I think I should get a pass on eating my hat if for no other reason than I was the first person to rec that fic here. But, you know, wonderwall's MEAN.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 7
(edited)

What Lies Between Us (Alias AU) - When Felicity Smoak discovers the covert branch of the CIA she works for is actually a terrorist cell, she becomes a double agent for the real CIA to take them down. But lying to her boss, going on undercover missions, and risking death at every turn isn’t the hardest part of her new job… It’s dealing with the other double agent working with her, the colleague she’s had a crush on since even before she discovered that they both know the dangerous truth—Oliver Queen.

The Darkest Hour (I know the synopsis doesn't sound appealing because of the whole torture thing, but it's actually really great and stays true to Felicity/Oliver/Diggle's characters. It's really interesting and really well written)- Just weeks after moving to Starling City, Felicity Smoak is kidnapped for information she does not have. She endures weeks of torture before she is rescued by a man in green leather and his partner, John Diggle. As Felicity begins to put the pieces of her life back together, she realizes the trauma she suffered changed her in unexpected ways. Restless and with a driving need to help others the way the man in green helped her, she finds herself using her brilliant mind and considerable computer skills to follow a different path fraught with danger and violence. As Felicity grows closer to the Green Arrow and Diggle, helping them in their cause to save Starling City, the three struggle against unseen enemies, and discover the unexpected truth behind her kidnapping.

Where You Lead (I Will Follow) - (Gilmore Girls AU) Oliver Queen’s careful routine at the diner he owns is disrupted by Stars Hollow’s newest residents, a single mom and her young daughter searching for a new life--and his own simple life will never be the same.

And Then It Ends, Your Little Winning Streak - Oliver and Felicity are slowly making their way back to each other, but they may have run out of time. Set in an imprecise future, after the presumed events of the midseason finale of S3 have resolved themselves. 

More Than Words - Four times Felicity chooses Oliver, and one defining time he chooses her.

Between the Shadow and the Soul - A story about the "I love you" and everything that comes after. - @Apinknightmare wrote this!

A Question of Grammar - Loving him from far away was so much easier than missing him from this close. Felicity gets hurt, gets angry and gets a surprise, in that order.

Felicity The Virgin - (Jane the Virgin AU obviously :p) When Felicity is accidentally artificially inseminated with hotel mogul Oliver Queen's sperm, her life changes in more ways than she could have ever imagined. (It's light, fluffy, fun)

Like a House in a StormFelicity asks Oliver to move in with her for a few weeks. Snapshots of their days as roommates. @CarrieAnn wrote this!

and I will love you always (with the passion of the sun) -  Love is never as simple as it should be. When Felicity is fifteen years old, she meets two boys; the two great loves of her life. (This is partially a Tommy/Felicity fic but doesn't end that way)

looking down from a great height - “This new Vertigo shows you your worst fear, right?” “Yeah.”“So mine already happened, Dig,” she tells him, flatly. “Vertigo can’t hurt me.” (post 3x09, reunion!fic)

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3
(edited)

You're describing exactly what I'm always on the hunt for. 

Its only four chapters in but I enjoyed it a lot so far.  Another Kind of Island by  Emmilyne

Futura was the state of the art biotech company out to change the face of the health food industry. They were also the company that was going to save QC after Slade and Isabel left it in ruins.

But Futura has plans for Oliver and Felicity that has nothing to do with the company and everything to do with revolutionizing human kind.

Post Season 2 AU that started out as a way to combine my favorite smut tropes and ended up as a sci-fi, fantasy adventure (that revolves heavily around smut).

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5943487/chapters/13665745

Basically the set up is Felicity and Oliver go to a meeting at a remote farm factory and first Oliver then Felicity starts acting a bit out of character.  Then the real fun starts.  It has some really great banter in it and is doing a great job of building the UST.  And while it's a "sex pollen" trope, it's more like an anxiety dampner that lets them still think clearly and stay in control so it's not icky.  Very much in character.  

@Wonderwall off to add a slew of new bookmarks to check out!   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 2

There's a new one by hannasus, who's an excellent writer, but I HATE it, bc Felicity disappears and Oliver decides to move on in a month and everyone pressures him to move on. I am not the love of anyone's life, but damnit, people better be sad about my death for a hell of a lot more than a month. 

Yeah. I like hannasus's stuff, but I agree with your complaint about Oliver giving up too soon. I wasn't a fan of the first three chapters, but the latest one ended in a way that makes me think it's going to get more interesting, so I'm not giving up yet.

While we're on the topic of "well written, but...", I did not like "Blind Item". Maybe because I've had enough of "Oliver does stupid shit over and over again because he is D-U-M-B DUMB" on the show and I don't want to read it in fic too. Or the idea that everyone had apparently put up with his dickishness for years and never said anything until this one incident happens and suddenly everyone lines up to beat him over the head about what a jerk he is. Meh. 

• Love 3

There's not really any new stuff that fits those parameters, but here are some recs. 

P.S. I hate you by entersomethingcleverhere: Felicity and Oliver are feuding neighbors

Across The Highs, The Lows, And The In-Betweens by bri617: Felicity and Oliver meet cute on a plane, become best friends, and fall in love

The Strings We Attach by kwrites: Felicity is working at QC and keeps secretly hooking up with Oliver except it turns into something more. (They're a little bit OOC, but there's lots of flirting. And, well, smut)

Gonna back the reccomendation on "PS I hate you." It's well-written, relatively short, and the buildup is believable. I appreciate it when AUs manage to incorporate some canon stuff, and there are a few instances here. 

My jaw dropped at Dig telling Oliver to let her go after a few months. Like, what? Would you just Lyla go? Even Felicity? It was so weird. I get wanting to pull Oliver out of the booze and the misery, but letting go is a completely different animal. That said, I read the update yesterday because I didn't really see anything else on AO3 when I had 15 minutes to kill. Oliver doesn't let go of her, he's just functioning as best as he can. I won't lie, but I do wish someone had still been looking for her at that point. Donna just upped and left for Vegas after a few weeks. Again, what?

I don't know about the ending. It's shocking and interesting in a way, but it points to amnesia or brain washing. And I was way more afraid of brain washing than the wheelchair while we were waiting for that shoe to drop. I just can't help but feel that Felicity would hate the fact (and probably herself) that her brain was used a) for evil, and b) without her consent.

Maybe there's something bigger at play here, but I don't feel comfortable with several points at this junction.

• Love 1

I don't know about the ending. It's shocking and interesting in a way, but it points to amnesia or brain washing. And I was way more afraid of brain washing than the wheelchair while we were waiting for that shoe to drop. I just can't help but feel that Felicity would hate the fact (and probably herself) that her brain was used a) for evil, and b) without her consent.

Maybe there's something bigger at play here, but I don't feel comfortable with several points at this junction.

You have a good point. In most cases the amnesia/brain washing trope doesn't bother me because it's relatively benign, where the point of the story is just for the person to recover their memories. I can't recall enjoying any fics where brainwashed person actually succeeded in hurting their loved ones.

This fic is already too angsty for me anyway. I should probably stay away, but everything I like is a WIP and there are gaps between stories updating.

• Love 1

Speaking of that fic, I found it weird that there was no mention of Laurel. I don't need her nor look for her in a fic, but if it follows canon, it's weird that there's not even a throwaway line about her lack of presence. Did the team not notice?

I will say that I found Curtis cute in the last chapter as well as Dig's and Oliver's reactions to him.

And Then It Ends, Your Little Winning Streak - Oliver and Felicity are slowly making their way back to each other, but they may have run out of time. Set in an imprecise future, after the presumed events of the midseason finale of S3 have resolved themselves. 

Ah, one of my favorites.  

I preferred the fanfic during S2 and some of S3, when it was more focused on getting them together and what worked between Oliver and Felicity.  Once most of S3 colored things, fic changed.  S4 hasn't made it better - there's a lot of drabbles and one shots fixing certain issues.  I have a problem liking a lot of AU, especially high school/college AU.  I really enjoy "Forever is Composed of Nows" (although I struggle with the perfectly precocious child angle, but that's another issue.  My favorite AU of all time was the Christmas themed (that I can't remember the name of but came out in the Christmas 2014 season) where Felicity pretended to be Oliver's girlfriend and then Hallmark movie hijinks ensued.

Rambling post, but just wanted to say that 1) am in the same boat looking for Olicity fanfics that appeal to me, and 2) And Then it Ends ... is worth a read.

• Love 1

I liked Adrenaline by LEYTON-NALEY where Oliver and Felicity are both vigilantes with benefits in Starling City, Not sure the author's description sound appealing but I was fun and short and complete.

• Love 1

Thanks everyone! I have read a few of these, but its definitely a full list to go through. These recs will help me bide some time while I wait for my WIPs to comeback. Also from the sound of it, I will find some new favorites. :) 

I've just finished this and aside from not really feeling like I've read about Oliver and Felicity, I'm stumped at the decision to include Thea, Roy, Tommy, Laurel, Barry, Caitlin and their kitchen sink, there's a single off hand mention of Dig in the penultimate chapter. How do you not include Dig even if it's AU? This isn't judgement, just stupefication. I mean he was even included in a historical seet in the UK, which I stopped reading because it felt wildly historically inaccurate. But he was there, you know.

I've just finished this and aside from not really feeling like I've read about Oliver and Felicity, I'm stumped at the decision to include Thea, Roy, Tommy, Laurel, Barry, Caitlin and their kitchen sink, there's a single off hand mention of Dig in the penultimate chapter. How do you not include Dig even if it's AU? This isn't judgement, just stupefication. I mean he was even included in a historical seet in the UK, which I stopped reading because it felt wildly historically inaccurate. But he was there, you know.

It did not bother me personally I think because it completely bypassed the whole Arrow portion of the story. I feel like Caitlin only made it there as a female friend. I honestly don't remember Barry, but I think he was just there as dating Caitlin. Laurel only was there to provide a girlfriend to TM. For me you could have substituted any other names into those roles and it would have been the same story. They were just AU characters that had Flarrowverse names.

They definitely could not tell the story without Tommy or Thea, so they had to be included. And along with OQ & FS, I feel like they were the only ones the author focused on to incorporate their characterizations from the Flarrowverse.

I honestly don't know where or how they could have incorporated Dig into the narrative as it stands. The only place I could see him was as a friend of FS. Because it would have been nice to see her having other connections to SC outside of QC. They could have written him as another friend of hers besides Caitlin. He still could have been an architect. Perhaps they could have included him earlier into the narrative.

They were just AU characters that had Flarrowverse names.

They definitely could not tell the story without Tommy or Thea, so they had to be included. And along with OQ & FS, I feel like they were the only ones the author focused on to incorporate their characterizations from the Flarrowverse.

Honestly, that's my problem with everyone. They're completely different characters, they just have the same names. This applies to Oliver and Felicity first and foremost as they definitely are the focus of the narrative. Tommy actually felt like a caricature of the Arrow character. Which is something to which I am more open at some times than others. For instance, there was a completely silly fic about everybody except for Dig and Lyla who are functioning adults breaking up in order to cover up Oliver's and the Arrow's simultaneous disappearance from SC. Everybody had smidges of their characters, but I found it (mindless) fun.

I don't mind AUs although I prefer fics that follow canon at least in part, but I do want the essence of the characters to feel true to them. Which is tricky because both fic writers and readers have their own interpretations and readings of the characters and it's not that easy to match those.

I honestly don't know where or how they could have incorporated Dig into the narrative as it stands. The only place I could see him was as a friend of FS. Because it would have been nice to see her having other connections to SC outside of QC. They could have written him as another friend of hers besides Caitlin. He still could have been an architect. Perhaps they could have included him earlier into the narrative.

It's just a gut instinct in that I feel Dig's a much richer character with more to offer. Not that Barry and Roy were more than casual mentions of simply being there on the scene, and Laurel and Caitlin only slightly more than that. 

• Love 1

I don't mind AUs but I've seen a lot of fandoms where fanfic writers basically just use fandom character names and appearance while writing unique works of fiction.

There a big one on AO3 right now, something about an Angel war. It's not Arrow or even and Arrow AU Fanfic, IMO.

• Love 1

I don't mind AUs but I've seen a lot of fandoms where fanfic writers basically just use fandom character names and appearance while writing unique works of fiction.

There a big one on AO3 right now, something about an Angel war. It's not Arrow or even and Arrow AU Fanfic, IMO.

I was reading that but I don't think I will continue.  It isn't badly written, it's just not them enough for me to continue.  The author admits in one of her notes that it was first an original piece of fiction that she decided to jumpstart by implanting the Arrow characters. 

I was reading that but I don't think I will continue. It isn't badly written, it's just not them enough for me to continue. The author admits in one of her notes that it was first an original piece of fiction that she decided to jumpstart by implanting the Arrow characters.

I have a bad habit of not reading notes so I'll give the author credit for informing the audience that that is what she's doing.
  • Love 1
(edited)

I am avoiding a project and clicked on a fic on AO3: Beneath the Mask. It captured my attention because I was trying to figure out if it was satire or not. Told from Laurel's POV, it begins when a wallowing Laurel eats poisoned ice cream while she is wearing the snuggie Oliver gave her a decade ago. It's worth holding out through the terrible spelling and grammar for chapter 6/7, which involves a fabulous exit by Damien Darhk and some fantastic use of fic tropes. I usually keep quiet when I think a fic doesn't work--people are putting their writing on the Internet for free--but this is either an excellent send-up or a fic that is so bad it's good. I'm on my phone and can't do a fancy link, but here it is: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5543276/chapters/12787259

Edited by thegirlsleuth

I am avoiding a project and clicked on a fic on AO3: Beneath the Mask. It captured my attention because I was trying to figure out if it was satire or not. Told from Laurel's POV, it begins when a wallowing Laurel eats poisoned ice cream while she is wearing the snuggie Oliver gave her a decade ago. It's worth holding out through the terrible spelling and grammar for chapter 6/7, which involves a fabulous exit by Damien Darhk and some fantastic use of fic tropes. I usually keep quiet when I think a fic doesn't work--people are putting their writing on the Internet for free--but this is either an excellent send-up or a fic that is so bad it's good. I'm on my phone and can't do a fancy link, but here it is: http://archiveofourown.org/works/5543276/chapters/12787259

So, I decided to actually read the story....wow, you are kind of right. It's so not good, especially with the last few chapters. I feel like it has to be satire or a parody or something. But I don't know whether it's so bad it's good. The first few chapters, maybe. But starting on chapter six? It just gets really ridiculous with twist after twist. For anyone else going to read it, it should only take you fifteen minutes or less to read the whole thing, but it definitely takes an unexpected turn halfway through. I won't spoil for the people actually curious. But...yeah. 

Some fics:

The New Normal. Fuck or die, sex pollen trope. Love it.

I'm also really enjoying this road trip fic, When my time comes around, and particularly the latest chapter because it explores Oliver's problem with lies.

Also On the Edge of Desire is only 2 chapters so far but I'm liking all the 'we're broken up but can't stop having sex.' If I can't get it on the show, I want to read it in fic. LOL.

Some fics:

I don't even know how I started reading this, because the summary of Oliver and Felicity need to have sex or the will DIE didn't sound that promising. However, I'm glad that I did, because their relationship is actually getting explored.

• Love 2

Some fics:

I'm also really enjoying this road trip fic, When my time comes around, and particularly the latest chapter because it explores Oliver's problem with lies.

Also On the Edge of Desire is only 2 chapters so far but I'm liking all the 'we're broken up but can't stop having sex.' If I can't get it on the show, I want to read it in fic. LOL.

The amount of smut in those fics combined is staggeringly unconscionable. Damn @angel12d :p

• Love 1

The amount of smut in those fics combined is staggeringly unconscionable. Damn @angel12d :p

I regret nothing. *Twirls*

(edited)

hee I'm not a huge fan of the sex pollen trope.. i think I may pass up on that one.

I'm not either usually but it's actually pretty good here. I'd suggest trying the first chapter at least. :)

That's why we're board buddies 4 lyf

4 LYF. *Fist bump*

Edited by Guest