Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

I just read the Forever is Composed of Nows update, and I wonder what's going to happen with the William storyline? Ellie knows about him, she mentioned him to Felicity as part of her Central City family. Surely she's going to include him in the picture she's drawing, unless something happens and she never gets to finish it? Felicity or Oliver would surely ask about him when Ellie said he was her brother (unless she knows him as something else). Would Oliver be willing to let that go so as to not to mess with the future, or will he put 2+2 together and confront his mother? It would be interesting to get to see Moira have to answer for that, even if it is in fic. I hope they go there. 

I was really hoping they would tackle it. I really want to hear Moira's POV in the whole BMD storyline. The current way the show is handling it is over-wrought angsty BS. But there is or at least there was some interesting story angles and character insights we could have got from exploring the BM & William, as well as MQ's role in all of it.

I just asked them, and they said they won't because they have a lot of other stuff to deal with. BUT they said they'd probably do it as a 'deleted scenes' sort of thing after they're done writing the fic

Thanks for asking!! :) Perhaps we will get a deleted scene of MQ's perspective. There is a lot of ground to cover with their story, so I guess William is not a major part of it. But I do trust these authors to do a good job letting us into MQ's head. And I would love to see a convo between MQ & OQ, now that OQ is no longer the lost boy that MQ felt the need to indirectly manipulate.

• Love 1

As for Forever is Composed of Nows and William, according to the authors he was just brought up to clear up he's not a secret between them 7 or 8 years in the future. My first reaction was also, yes, finally this storyline will be dealt with as it should have been, between Oliver and Moira, where the real conflict lies. However, now I'm sort of in the frame of mind that Moira's counting down her last hours as is, so maybe there's no time for it. I still feel she'll die around the same time as she did originally.

@AyChihuaha, I really don't mind that people are writing Felicity having sex after becoming wheelchair bound. Let the woman have sex with the guy she loves and desires. On the other hand, I really don't want to read about Samantha bringing the two of them back together, because it boils everything down to step 1. woman who Oliver hasn't seen in a decade convinces him to put her wants above his most important relationship, step 2. woman Felicity has never seen convinces her to take her fiance back instead of said fiance. No, thank you.

• Love 2

Since Ellie considers Barry as part of her Central City family, wouldn't Oliver and Felicity just assume that William is a friend they haven't met yet?  Unless Ellie refers to William as her brother, they wouldn't have a clue.  And even if she does, they may think he's a courtesy brother like Barry is a courtesy uncle.

Only Moira knows the child is alive and she may not know his name, although she probably does.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 2

Honestly, I hope they don't go into it much more than just a simple name drop, since just a kid plot in general is just ehhhh to me. Plus, I would kind of rather focus on how Oliver and Felicity respond to their feelings for one another during s2 with the full knowledge that they're a happy couple in the future, along with having to deal with the Slade problem as they go. I'd rather not have too much drama other than what they've got on their plate right now, but we'll see what happens. I kind of think that part of my aversion to it in this case would just be that they would resolve it more smoothly at this point, though! 

I just asked them, and they said they won't because they have a lot of other stuff to deal with. BUT they said they'd probably do it as a 'deleted scenes' sort of thing after they're done writing the fic

I don't need it addressed in story but I'd love at least to get it confirmed that both Felicity and Oliver will have found out that there is a secret kid out there named William so that having that shared knowledge derails BM's attempts at making Oliver keep him a secret. I'd worry about them knowing too much and changing the future because of it but hey, that cat is waaaaay out of the bag with Ellie showing up. 

The paralysis smut fics are making me uncomfortable. I get it. This is a real life thing that real life people deal with. I still hate it. Fundamentally the idea that the woman can't feel anything but does it anyway makes me uncomfortable, although I also understand that the man has a right to go forward with sex. I still hate it (not so much the smut as the storyline that is the reason for the smut). I don't think I can watch the show again, other than the breakup that I'll at least watch on youtube, until she is not paralyzed anymore. It is too depressing to me.

I hate the paralysis storyline too - I haven't read any paralysis smut fics except one prelude to smut, where it was hinted that she had some feeling above her knees. Don't know how realistic that is. To be honest, I don't care to find out, as I hate the paralysis storyline with the fire of a thousand nuns (we have a saying: God bless them and keep them far away from us!), and I am angry at MG and co for telling us Felicity is still alive in the flashforward, while trying to fool us into thinking she's still paralysed.

My least-favorite fics, though, are those in which Baby Mama helps get Oliver and Felicity back together. There is NOTHING about that woman that indicates one iota of giving a shit about Oliver's happiness. In general I hate the fics in which Felicity quickly forgives Oliver, so when that overly-quick forgiveness is prompted by my second least-fave character ever, acting entirely OUT of her nasty lying hagbag character, I'm just pretty much done.

How would you feel about something where the forgiveness occurs offscreen before the story starts (and doesn't involve She Who Must Not Be Named), and then Damien Darhk attacks in a way that doesn't involve paralysis? Asking for a friend (kidding, it's for me).

• Love 2

How would you feel about something where the forgiveness occurs offscreen before the story starts (and doesn't involve She Who Must Not Be Named), and then Damien Darhk attacks in a way that doesn't involve paralysis? Asking for a friend (kidding, it's for me).

I know you weren't asking me, but personally, it's not Felicity forgiving Oliver that I take issue with. It's giving this unknown woman all the agency in their relationship. 

• Love 2

I know you weren't asking me, but personally, it's not Felicity forgiving Oliver that I take issue with. It's giving this unknown woman all the agency in their relationship. 

Yeah, I understand that - for myself, personally, I don't have an issue with Felicity forgiving Oliver - just make him grovel a lot, is all I ask. But even the thought of involving that person makes me boil with rage. I mean, who the fuck is she? The fact that the show is giving her so much power is just infuriating.

I'm not really crazy about the word grovel, because to me it implies power plays and subordination and, in the end, not changing anything of significance. Which is what needs to be done. Frankly, what I need is Oliver primarily working on himself and how he deals with things. While I do think that this could be where the show is (hopefully) leading, I'm really looking forward to the fics that will delve into that because you know the show won't cover it in great depth.

There's a new post 4x11 fic with Felicity taking a (non-sexy bath). It nicely encapsulates Felicity's triumphs and set backs in her new circumstances.

Strength

• Love 1

Macha finished Therein Lies the Denouement if anyone was reading that. I think Josephine is my favourite fic kid. Ellie from FiCoN is the sweetest, but what I respond to are Oliver and Felicity's reactions to her, and ash's Legacy is the best piece of writing I've read in this fandom, but I've never been tempted to read the continuing stories about Jonathan. There is just something that makes Josephine a well-rounded and rootable character.

Oh, I have no problem with her forgiving him. I don't want it to happen in two minutes like in a lot of fics, but she's a very forgiving person. I think it's going to take her a looooooong time really to trust him again, though.

Pre-fic offline forgiveness/reconciliation, as long as it wasn't hinted to happen in two minutes, is totally fine with me. I personally want them broken up for about a month. A full breakup, with new living quarters and ring-return. AND I want acknowledged ongoing trust issues, AND for Oliver to grow from this and learn NOT TO LIE LIKE A DAMN TWO-YEAR-OLD and to give himself pep talks and work for what he wants.

Also, if anyone wants to write BM as the villainous lying disgusting hagbag she actually is, I'd be thrilled to read it.

• Love 1

Macha finished Therein Lies the Denouement if anyone was reading that. I think Josephine is my favourite fic kid. Ellie from FiCoN is the sweetest, but what I respond to are Oliver and Felicity's reactions to her, and ash's Legacy is the best piece of writing I've read in this fandom, but I've never been tempted to read the continuing stories about Jonathan. There is just something that makes Josephine a well-rounded and rootable character.

For me, I think it's something to do with how self-aware Joey is.  Thoughts like

wishing she hadn't watch so much L&O:SVU so that she knows the term ligature marks, knowing when not to ask questions just just give Felicity a manicure.

(Behind spoiler bars for those who haven't read it yet.)

Jonathon is a good guy (and I love how ADHD he is) and Ellie is too young to be other than cute but Joey strikes me as smart and wise.

• Love 1

Requesting some help with this story.  I've ALMOST read it several times but it has a major character death warning and frankly, I need to be spoiled before I'll even consider reading it.  Could someone put the answert under a spoiler tag?  

Edited by BkWurm1

It opens with Joey

dealing with losing both her parents five years earlier and living with Diggle, Lyla and their kids.  Five years, get it?  In the second chapter, we learn that they are not dead, just being held by the bad guys and Diggle and Lyla go off to save them.

• Love 1

Requesting some help with this story.  I've ALMOST read it several times but it has a major character death warning and frankly, I need to be spoiled before I'll even consider reading it.  Could someone put the answert under a spoiler tag?

You're good. Oliver and Felicity have been persumed dead for 5 years, since their daughter was 11, but Felicity comes back at the end of the first chapter and Oliver is revealed to be alive at that point as well. Nobody actually dies during the fic.

Ha! statsgirl, I didn't even catch that. Now I feel stupid.

• Love 1

So true, sometimes spoiled is necessary.

I don't read fic where there is character death of someone I really like. (I've had enough death in my life that I don't want to read how someone thinks it would feel like to mourn a loved person.)   The only reason I read that fic is because I trust Macha.

Ha! statsgirl, I didn't even catch that. Now I feel stupid.

Noooo, don't feel like that. It was really subtle.  I only noticed it because I was looking for a reason to hope.

• Love 1

Oh, but Felicity with crossed arms and a no nonsense look and Oliver with TEAR IN HIS EYE at the end!

Where You Lead (I Will Follow) and Once More (From The Top) have been updated.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/5097179

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3445124

It's definitely the hardest and saddest part of Where You Lead so far, but it's events from the past and I felt JSevick balanced it nicely.

In Once More Laurel finally unclenches (she was in serious hag mode in previous chapters) and I did almost giggle at the end when Felicity was included in an S1 Queen family moment.

Edited by bijoux

I was really enjoying Forever is Composed of Nows, but the last two chapters haven't been the best for me. I'm not a fan of bringing in William, and today's update with Oliver mentioning that he was aware that Felicity had feelings for him was a big "no" for me. Canon-wise, that makes everything that happened in 2x14 even worse IMO and it's just not something I like to read in fics. (I am also forever in the camp that Felicity believed they were "unthinkable" until season three, and that she was not pining away for him in season two).  

• Love 2

I was really enjoying Forever is Composed of Nows, but the last two chapters haven't been the best for me. I'm not a fan of bringing in William, and today's update with Oliver mentioning that he was aware that Felicity had feelings for him was a big "no" for me. Canon-wise, that makes everything that happened in 2x14 even worse IMO and it's just not something I like to read in fics. (I am also forever in the camp that Felicity believed they were "unthinkable" until season three, and that she was not pining away for him in season two).  

If it helps, I think I recall someone on this board mentioning that they aren't really going to dive into any of the kid stuff, so I'm guessing it's just a name drop more than anything. My personal issue with the last two chapters now is the relative pause that is going on in the plot right now. Don't get me wrong, I love fluff, and I love Oliver and Moira having a talk together, and I love Oliver and Felicity figuring out their feelings, but I kind of want them to get back to the matters at hand, like the fact that Slade just attacked them. Oliver and Felicity having the time to visit Moira and then just go to sleep early with their daughter just seems so out of tone with how that portion of s2 was going, which was very stressed and a bit quick-paced.

As for that part, which I had to go back and find since it seems I might have skimmed over it, not to take what would be a discussion in the relationships thread, but I was kind of under the impression in the show that Oliver knew Felicity had some feelings for him, but that he was just unaware of how deep those feelings went. He knew that she liked him physically and as a friend, but having a feeling that those feelings might go deeper and then actually acknowledging them are two different things. Kind of like how Oliver had deeper feelings for Felicity for a while, but he just didn't, and wouldn't. acknowledge them, even if he also had a feeling that his own emotions ran more than platonic. Flip side, Felicity wouldn't open her heart up enough then to actually consider them a possibility, despite her own growing feelings for Oliver during s2. For both of them, it's less pining and more of locking those feelings away in a box that occasionally gets open once the situation forces their hands (206,207,210, etc.). They knew that this is their type of relationship, but neither of them acknowledged that it was something that meant anything truly deep, even though it's really what they both wanted.

Sorry for the side rant. Anyway, it kind of sums up why I still like the fic. It basically acknowledges the growing feelings between Oliver and Felicity that were there during s2 that some people tend to overlook, who found 223 or 301 surprising and out of left field, and placing a pseudo-McGuffin that forces them to acknowledge their inner desires for something more between them.

• Love 6

I haven't read the new chapter yet but as I was scrolling through the comments&replies section of the second last chapter of You Have Not Failed This 'Verse, I read So_Caffeinated's reply that "There was never a William in this universe. So YAY for sidestepping that issue! I'm dealing with it in enough other fics. I don't need or want him here." and that made me smile.

And speaking of that fic, I'm really blown away by her description of Oliver's demons as Felicity and Thea travel through his mind. It sheds a lot of light on her Oliver, and maybe some on the TV show's Oliver if only they had looked into it deeply enough.

• Love 2

I think it's a worthwhile read.  It's an AU but set among planets rather than islands.

It starts out as a one shot mash-up between the two crews (if you've never seen Firefly you'll miss the humor of Felicity and Kaylee bonding) but after a while it moves solidly into an Arrow AU.

She's a good writer with a real skill for keeping the suspense going.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 5

I have to agree the last 2 chapters have not been as good as the first few chapters. I've also noticed that I think I can tell which chapters belong to which authors, so the flipping back & forth is becoming a little distracting because they have some tonal differences. I think perhaps they should divy up the story points to write to their strengths as opposed to switching between chapters. And I think we might be done with the fluff for a little bit, since we just completed the day. I anticipate when they wake up the action will pick up again. Not sure where we are going with the William part yet, but hopefully it's done well.

That being said, I do think that there was some unrequited & unexplored feelings on both OQ's & FS's part in s2. But I agree with you, I do not think anybody was pining for anybody in s2. I do think that both of them buried their feelings pretty deep in their own minds and refused to acknowledge them themselves, never mind what they might have recognized in the others feelings. So I get where the authors might be going with the whole feelings portion of the chapter, but I do believe that O&F both thought it "unthinkable" that the feelings could mean anything more or lead to anything more.

I'm not reading You Have Not Failed This Verse - I've never watched Firefly and the title is a bit cutesy - but your description is making me want to, statsgirl.

Can I just skip right to the heart of the matter?.  Watch Firefly.  It's only 13 episodes and a movie.  It's so worth it.  Then the crossover story will be that much better.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 7

I like Firefly, but hate cross-overs in Fanfic (Flarrowverse doesn't count), so I only read this a few weeks ago. And only because I know the author is strong.

However, @Statsgirl is right, it lands pretty solidly in Arrow Au and the Olicty Feels are strong.

Anyway, it kind of sums up why I still like the fic. It basically acknowledges the growing feelings between Oliver and Felicity that were there during s2 that some people tend to overlook, who found 223 or 301 surprising and out of left field, and placing a pseudo-McGuffin that forces them to acknowledge their inner desires for something more between them.

I was good with what they said in the fic about their feelings. .  I always say both Oliver and Felicity were struggling to ignore what their feelings toward each other were.  Kind of an unacknowledged known that neither really thought possible.  So I agree, no pining, but the feelings were still bubbling below the surface.  I mean, Moira even per show canon saw them. 

If it helps, I think I recall someone on this board mentioning that they aren't really going to dive into any of the kid stuff, so I'm guessing it's just a name drop more than anything

Right, since Barry gets included in their Central City family they could just assume William is another friend.  Personally I would have preferred that they both found out that William existed so that Oliver COULDN'T not tell her because she'd already know but that's just me and it would open a whole other can of worms that they don't have time to worry about (though it would be a hilarious conversation to overhear as Oliver tries to figure out who he'd knocked up). 

• Love 3

(though it would be a hilarious conversation to overhear as Oliver tries to figure out who he'd knocked up). 

Bwahaha. It would be like Mambo No. 5.

I was the one who said that William is not a factor in this fic, he's just known about and acknowledged in circa 2022. Also - spoiler alert - Isabel will be showing up.

• Love 2

Bwahaha. It would be like Mambo No. 5.

I was the one who said that William is not a factor in this fic, he's just known about and acknowledged in circa 2022. Also - spoiler alert - Isabel will be showing up.

YES! Now I'm getting excited again. I will laugh forever if Ellie knows that her mom hits this woman with a van.

• Love 1

YES! Now I'm getting excited again. I will laugh forever if Ellie knows that her mom hits this woman with a van.

I just got to thinking today that with Slade's cameras all over the mansion, it's not just him watching but Isabel as well. I hope she gets shot and Mirakurued up in this as she did on the show. I don't know how the cameras could have missed Ellie being Oliver's, but on the Isabel front it would be even better if she thought she wasn't his child. It would completely merge with Robert chosing his family and Thea specifically over her. She'd go even crazier and Felicity might retaliate even harsher than she did on the show. It could be excellent.

And now I'm bummed that all Isabel did to Thea was (illogically) displace her from Verdant. It's weird that she didn't zero in on her now that I think about it.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 1

And now I'm bummed that all Isabel did to Thea was (illogically) displace her from Verdant. It's weird that she didn't zero in on her now that I think about it.

And bankrupt her, though Thea kind of helped with that.  Slade got to terrorize her and make her hate Oliver as well, so that's something. 

It's not that I want Thea to suffer, but Isabel developed such a hatred for Felicity who she didn't even know, it seems strange that she wasn't more focused on Thea in retrospect since she was definitely bitter about Robert prioritizing her.

I figured that Isabel was projecting her feelings about Moira on to Felicity (both blonde, both keep Robert and Oliver respectively from her).  At least, that's what I wished MG had done instead of saying oh, you know people just develop these irrational hatreds.

She wouldn't have known Thea very well, who was probably about 10 - 12 at the time.  She would have known Moira very well and probably thought it was all Moira's fault, especially as Thea wasn't even Robert's biological daughter.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3