Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

*sobs* I just read that one by hannasus.

It smashed my heart into pieces but in a totally good way. It was cathartic. I'd love for Oliver x Felicity to have a scene like that onscreen but with the last 3 eps approaching I know that's a pipe dream.

• Love 1

Urgh. I wish they could have the conversation in the fic on the show. It outlines all the things I feel Felicity must be feeling, but the show just doesn't seem to want to put into words. We still really haven't got Felicity's point of view on this mess. And why is the show so reluctant to own up to the fact that Oliver was lying to her and going to Central City essentially leading a double life. It would really help explain Felicity's anger especially since they don't want to show her pov.

I'm so on the fence on them getting back together this season, because on the one hand they're so much better without the angst and I want to just forget this crap storyline and on the other hand I really need them to address the issues that this has brought up and I don't think an insta-reunion will fix everything. Conflicted. 

• Love 5

I liked that content of the conversation but not when they had it.  I can't reconcile them in Hub City as they were with this conversation on the plane.

It's one I have to imagine happened a lot earlier between them.  Maybe after the Bee episode and Oliver stopping by to check up on her.  There's still too much bitterness with the hurt for it to have happened the same day they were so seemingly at ease around each other.  They could have had the conversation but then they would have been walking on eggshells trying to get back to normal-ish, not already there. 

• Love 9

OMG I love that so much!!!!!! That was beautiful but it's made me super angry and bitter with Oliver again! I ship Olicity but first and foremost ADORE Felicity (hehe I skipped all season 1 episodes that did not have her in them) so part of me wants Oliver to suffer and suffer and suffer and pine after her until he learns his lesson!!!!!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

I really don't think that meshes fully with what was on screen, for me. The lying seems to be the main complaint in the fic, and while I think Felicity was upset and hurt by it, she wasn't as upset about it as she was about the exclusion from Oliver's decision making and struggles about Spawn. It also implied behaviour far worse from Oliver than what I saw in Season 4. (There is a lot of ambiguity about Oliver visiting Central City).

For me the timing is also really off, this is not a scene to be missing from 4.20 is way too late for Felicity to still be that bitter especially given what we've seen in show. Maybe after the Cupid episode and even then she was upset and hurt but I don't think that fic captured Felicity's voice in that episode, either.

Edited by Genki
bit more clarity
  • Love 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I liked that content of the conversation but not when they had it.  I can't reconcile them in Hub City as they were with this conversation on the plane.

It's one I have to imagine happened a lot earlier between them.  

Agreed. The timing of it doesn't work. I just love the conversation they had. It definitely felt cathartic to read, in a weird sort of way. Because that conversation and apology has been sorely missing from the show, IMO.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

I haven't had time to read the story yet, but I imagine it will be amazing... That author always has a way of pulling hard on the heartstrings.

I know the apology & heart to heart convo were missing on the show, but sometimes I prefer that because the show's track record of having quality emotion based conversations is pretty hit or miss. And I have found that when it comes to O/F it is often a miss, especially if they are more dramatic convos like apologies. They do fabulous encouraging heart to hearts, but the more human or grittier convos they often miss the mark, especially once they got the official couple tag. Meanwhile, the fanfic writers always seem to hit all the right marks and can capture the beauty & the pain of the conversations.

I think this latest companion/FF chapter to Once More... is a real mistake.  http://archiveofourown.org/works/6822076/chapters/15573277?show_comments=true&view_full_work=false#comment_61405075

Two reasons. First, if Oliver keeps secrets from and lies to Felicity about stuff she has every right to know, AGAIN, in S5 (which is when the FF is set), I will be 100% done with him. That counts for fics but really counts for the show. In this FF, he leaves her out of two separate issues: the kid/his horrible lying hag of a mother MOVING IN with Oliver, AND Slade having escaped. He just cannot pull this shit again. He did it in S2, he did it in S3, and he did it in S4. It's no longer excusable or even understandable.

Second, why bring in the dumb kid and his horrible lying hag of a mother at all? I admittedly hate ALL fics featuring those two turd sandwiches, but this fic wasn't about them and didn't need them. Why plop that right in the middle of a good thing?

• Love 4
(edited)

I wish she'd just left that fic with time traveling Oliver instead of bringing time traveling Felicity into the mix. Knowing this is what got Felicity killed makes it impossible for me to read the story anymore, because of the simple fact that Slade posed as a doctor and convinced Samantha that she had cancer, then somehow managed to give her chemo without tipping anyone off right away, haha. I just can't think of any way that would be possible, or that anyone would be THAT stupid, even if William inherited his love of coloring from her. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

Yeah, it didn't work for me either. It explained why Felicity is so chilly towards Oliver in the original story, but this thing with BM/Spawn/Slade was way too crazy in a story where I was perfectly okay accepting time travel. I can accept that, but not poisoned chemo and Dr. Slade. Nope. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I can accept that, but not poisoned chemo and Dr. Slade. Nope. 

I really need to know how this happened. Did he approach her from a mall kiosk? Did she just randomly happen to pick an oncologist out off of the internet, and not look for references? Did he operate out of the back of a van? Did she get her chemo out behind the 7-11? So many questions.

• Love 3

tumblr_o713dwmyvW1qk7p66o1_250.gif  tumblr_o713dwmyvW1qk7p66o2_250.gif

Oliver Jonas Queen, 30, Star City

Founder and diamond member of the Felicity Smoak fan club since October 2012. Ranked number one worldwide in Felicity Meghan Smoak-trivia. Planned a fake wedding to his idol and aspires to win her back someday. Loves Felicity Smoak™ cuddles.

Source

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Genki said:

I really don't think that meshes fully with what was on screen, for me. The lying seems to be the main complaint in the fic, and while I think Felicity was upset and hurt by it, she wasn't as upset about it as she was about the exclusion from Oliver's decision making and struggles about Spawn. It also implied behaviour far worse from Oliver than what I saw in Season 4. (There is a lot of ambiguity about Oliver visiting Central City).

For me the timing is also really off, this is not a scene to be missing from 4.20 is way too late for Felicity to still be that bitter especially given what we've seen in show. Maybe after the Cupid episode and even then she was upset and hurt but I don't think that fic captured Felicity's voice in that episode, either.

This was how I felt about the story too. It was heartbreaking and all, but it didn't gel with what I believe might have happened. I guess it some of it might depend upon what you think the actual reason for their break-up was. My interpretation has always been it was more about him not including her and bringing her in on the situation. It wasn't necessarily the lie. The lie accomplished the situation, but at the end of the day she wanted them to be good partners. You aren't a good partner if you do not include your partner in major decisions.

I do think she did get into some FS's headspace which was nice, since the show almost never bothers to cover it. I definitely feel like they had the conversation before the jet to Hub City. But I can see how perhaps she wanted to write it at this time because perhaps this is when the conversation could have been neutral and emotional at the same time. I do think there was a lot of anger & bitterness after the fake wedding, but I think sometime before LL's death they had a conversation that helped bring them to the point to perhaps have a more in-depth conversation on the jet.

I especially agree with the BOLDED section. I know what OQ did was bad, but it does seem like it made his behavior a lot worse than what it was. And I definitely think there needs to be better canon explanation in show of the visits to Central City because I really do not think that he actually physically went to CC. Perhaps he was distracted by the situation, but there was no indication when the BM & Child returned that they had seen him since the xover. It seemed like the boy had no idea who OQ was. I have no idea if the writers dialed down the drama and perhaps in a draft he might have made actual visits to CC - but for me there is no confirmation in-show that he saw/visited his child after that one-time. I know there was a MG tweet, but for me that is not canon. And one throw-away line is not a lynchpin for me.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

I think this latest companion/FF chapter to Once More... is a real mistake.  http://archiveofourown.org/works/6822076/chapters/15573277?show_comments=true&view_full_work=false#comment_61405075

Two reasons. First, if Oliver keeps secrets from and lies to Felicity about stuff she has every right to know, AGAIN, in S5 (which is when the FF is set), I will be 100% done with him. That counts for fics but really counts for the show. In this FF, he leaves her out of two separate issues: the kid/his horrible lying hag of a mother MOVING IN with Oliver, AND Slade having escaped. He just cannot pull this shit again. He did it in S2, he did it in S3, and he did it in S4. It's no longer excusable or even understandable.

Second, why bring in the dumb kid and his horrible lying hag of a mother at all? I admittedly hate ALL fics featuring those two turd sandwiches, but this fic wasn't about them and didn't need them. Why plop that right in the middle of a good thing?

I really never planned on reading it, even if I am following the main fic, and certainly not now. The information about Felicity "dying" while protecting the kid was slipped in the main one as well, but I chose to ignore it. I'll check out the next chapter once she posts to see if I'll be continung. I liked the story more when it focused on just future Oliver going back in time. I'm afraid she will lose thread with all of this time travelling if she hasn't already. Plus, I find some of the choices weird. Like, I can get Felicity avoiding Oliver, but not Tommy. According to this piece, she and Tommy were close friends before he died. You're telling me she wouldn't want to spend time with him after he was dead for four or five years?

• Love 1

I think I'm going to forget that the companion chapter to Once More exists. Until she introduces it to the main story, I'm avoiding it. From what you have said here and what I have skimmed - I have no desire to read it.

That being said, I did love when it was just OQ back in time. I wasn't a big fan of FS now being back in time as well. But I'm going to give her a little more time to calibrate the story. I think it could go good places, although this companion piece is starting to worry me just a wee bit.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, bijoux said:

I really never planned on reading it, even if I am following the main fic, and certainly not now. The information about Felicity "dying" while protecting the kid was slipped in the main one as well, but I chose to ignore it. I'll check out the next chapter once she posts to see if I'll be continung. I liked the story more when it focused on just future Oliver going back in time. I'm afraid she will lose thread with all of this time travelling if she hasn't already. Plus, I find some of the choices weird. Like, I can get Felicity avoiding Oliver, but not Tommy. According to this piece, she and Tommy were close friends before he died. You're telling me she wouldn't want to spend time with him after he was dead for four or five years?

She also made the kid all smart and good at math and into computer games. Um, that dumb kid couldn't add 2+2 unless you gave him crayons to do it. I hate it when ppl totally change awful characters to make them tolerable and then are proud that now they're tolerable...yeah, that's bc it's no longer the character it was in the actual show? (Best examples are Laurel and the Cane Toad, but Spawn's a close third.)

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

Random question: does anyone remember a crossover fic of sorts where Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne are actually Felicity's parents? It was just Selina raising Felicity, and BW didn't know about her yet, but it was building that way. It was very well written but rarely updated on AO3. 

Just now, popgoesculture said:

Random question: does anyone remember a crossover fic of sorts where Selina Kyle and Bruce Wayne are actually Felicity's parents? It was just Selina raising Felicity, and BW didn't know about her yet, but it was building that way. It was very well written but rarely updated on AO3. 

I remember that fic. I think it got taken down and the author disappeared after they got accused of plagiarism.

On 11.05.2016. at 10:59 PM, bijoux said:

What Wouldn't I Do, the story in which Felicity intervenes when Slade kidnaps the Queens and gets injected with Mirakuru in the process, has been updated. I haven't read the update yet. It's been a while, so I'll need to reread at least parts of the previous chapter to remember how things were keft off.

http://archiveofourown.org/works/3557147/chapters/7833746

I just read this and I can't say I recommend it. I never thought this story was perfect but I found it enjoyable. This chapter was very much dedicated to settling scores in regards to how Laurel's run on the show ended. There was talk about how people dislike authors doing that and maligning Felicity unfairly. I can't say Laurel was really maligned unfairly her with how everything ended on the show, but it's not what I signed up for when I started reading this. I really didn't need flashbacks to her innane conversations with Oliver as the team was fighting Mirakuru soldiers and Felicity was going for Slade. Plus, Sara's thrown under the bus as well, for reasons unknown to me, and Oliver doesn't come off all that well either. Not in the strict present day, but not really in the distant past either.

The story was supposed to end with this chapter, in a completely different iteration I imagine, but now there are supposed to be two more chapters. I would suggest skipping this one and moving on to those once they are posted. I feel like it might help with the enjoyment of the fic as a whole. Not much pertinent happens here anyhow that has to do with the plot. Laurel's acting like an idiot (natch), Oliver's told everyone and their brother that he's in love with Felicity before he tells her that (fine, Slade and Laurel, but whatever, I don't like it) and Isabel shows up for a showdown with Felicity. The last one gives me hope for the next chapter.

(edited)

A stark betrayal by Sadfangirl  (Copied lack of caps in title as it is posted on AO3)

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6854662

It only seemed fair since I've posted crack-like "Felicity is an evil villain" stories to post one where Laurel is thrown to the dogs.  It's awful (Laurel is very OOC) and yet after hearing that KC really did play LL as always in love with Oliver, perhaps hilariously close to at least someone's truth.  Lol.   

Edited by BkWurm1

does anyone have the link to a human trafficing fic that was posted  (i think) in the speculation thread? i cant fond it and wanted to see if it was one i read a couple years back

also, anyone reading Escape to Love? i think that's the name, OQ is a tour guid, Felicity is on his tour through Italy. it's a total AU and some of the characters really dont match up. however, I'm enjoying it becauseit takes place in Italy, in quite a few of the towns i visited back kn 2010, plus there's all these cool things that they do on the tour. i keep stopping to see if the events are real, loke in one town (i think Florence) they went to a cave/hot spring.  also the writer occasionally drops Italian into the fic and I'm having fun trying to remember my HS Italian and translate on my own (so much better than the Russian in fics).

6 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

A stark betrayal by Sadfangirl  (Copied lack of caps in title as it is posted on AO3)

It only seemed fair since I've posted crack-like "Felicity is an evil villain" stories to post one where Laurel is thrown to the dogs.  It's awful (Laurel is very OOC) and yet after hearing that KC really did play LL as always in love with Oliver, perhaps hilariously close to at least someone's truth.  Lol.   

Yikes!

3 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Just to be clear, when I said thrown to the dogs, I meant that metaphorically.

Hee. Still, I have no desire to read score settling with Laurel. She's gone, it's over as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 2

I tried it on for size since I've read a few of the anti-Felicity ones.  Some elements worked surprisingly well but I'm too attached to the characters acting in character so the moment that stopped being true I couldn't ignore the voice in my head defending Laurel, lol. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I dunno... Laurel turning out to be a bunny boiler was OOC, but that internal dialogue about how she thinks Oliver doesn't really love Felicity and that he's just going through a phase and will always end up with Laurel? That's practically lifted from KC's season 2 interviews and lots of pro-L/O screeds. I can't really compare this to the "Felicity is evil" fics because there's no basis anywhere-- in show or from interviews-- for Felicity being a scheming bad guy.

• Love 4

Is anyone reading The Offer? The premise sounds intersting, I just didn't want another WIP on my plate. It's nearing its end now, only two chapters left. Is it worth reading once it's completed?

The evidence was stacked against her. The murder of her boyfriend was a crime that she didn’t commit, but the judge and jury didn’t see it that way. Felicity was preparing herself for the guilty verdict and a life in prison. Except that the night before her final trial, a masked stranger offers her another option. The opportunity to disappear, live a life in the shadows. A chance to get justice for others, justice that wasn’t awarded to her.

I clicked on the link, @Morrigan2575. It's only available to registered users. Which explains why I never saw it.

22 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Is anyone reading The Offer? The premise sounds intersting, I just didn't want another WIP on my plate. It's nearing its end now, only two chapters left. Is it worth reading once it's completed?

I clicked on the link, @Morrigan2575. It's only available to registered users. Which explains why I never saw it.

I've read it and very much enjoy it. The writer has been keeping pretty tight to her update timeline. I have not felt like it has been a lengthy WIP or painful waiting for updates. Characters feel right for me. There are some plot points & pacing that I would have possibly rewritten, but I do not think they detract from the story,. I just wasn't too keen on Cooper being a part of the story, however he sorta does have to be part of the story - so catch 22.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bijoux said:

If you need an invite to register, let me know, I have them. :)

What's the deal with registering? Obviously, I get access to some fics that aren't available to the general public. Do I have any obligations in that case?

54 minutes ago, bijoux said:

What's the deal with registering? Obviously, I get access to some fics that aren't available to the general public. Do I have any obligations in that case?

No, you just have an account. As solely a reader, it's really handy for bookmarking fic and subscribing to updates/authors, etc.

• Love 1

FiCoN is updated and I approve of the turn in the story. It seems like we're going back to focusing on their present day threats, not on Zoom, against whom they are actually helpless. They would be know and they certainly would have been two years ago. I think that's also something that made the plot stall. They can in no way fight against him. Now, Blood and Isabel are threats they can realistically tackle.

I'm very glad to see that updated. It's been a while.i admit that parts were on the cheesy side for me, but that was a very satisfactory kid talk that feels true to Felicity's history.

Read both updates... Glad FICoN is back to tackling present day adversaries. Although I think they need to find a better meal than breakfast to fluff over. I'm getting a little bored with the strawberry waffles.

Was very happy to hear about the grilled cheese of TTHF, which sounded so yummy. As for the update on that story, consider me also in the emotional column.

Spoiler

Miscarriages

are a very sensitive thing to talk about and I enjoyed the way she has been approaching it from the beginning. Agree that it felt very in character for FS to perhaps have that initial reaction to the baby, although I don't like that she somehow linked the guilt of one line of thoughts to another outcome. That's my only criticism, but I feel like she might fix some of that in a later chapter. It made sense that a woman might make that connection, I just don't like the idea that it's anyone's fault when

Spoiler

miscarriages occur.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, kismet said:

Was very happy to hear about the grilled cheese of TTHF, which sounded so yummy. As for the update on that story, consider me also in the emotional column.

Reveal hidden contents

Miscarriages

are a very sensitive thing to talk about and I enjoyed the way she has been approaching it from the beginning. Agree that it felt very in character for FS to perhaps have that initial reaction to the baby, although I don't like that she somehow linked the guilt of one line of thoughts to another outcome. That's my only criticism, but I feel like she might fix some of that in a later chapter. It made sense that a woman might make that connection, I just don't like the idea that it's anyone's fault when

Reveal hidden contents

miscarriages occur.

To quote Oliver, "Sometimes we just need a reason when a situation is completely unreasonable." 

• Love 5

I will legit pay someone in cookies if they edit Dig and Oliver's run through suburbia to "Robin Hood and Little John runnin' through the forest... Jump in' fences, dodgin' trees, and tryin' to get away..."

• Love 7

It's weird... I have a feeling Lord Mesa doesn't like Felicity as much anymore because there's been so much material for him to use the past few episodes but he hasn't used said opportunities. And then shoving Felicity in the back behind everyone on his website it's more telling. 

That's sad :/