Type keyword(s) to search

Clock Tower Theater: Fanfic, Fan Music Videos and Art

Luckylyn
  • Start Topic

(edited)
1 hour ago, looptab said:

But since it gets labeled as "one of those soulmate stories", I wanted to ask, is the thread in these stories just that there's something that lets people identify their soulmate, or is the "thing" the same in all the stories? Here it's a "soulmate mark". Is there some origin to the idea I'm not aware of, besides the concept of soulmates?

It's almost always a birth mark, or a magic tattoo that ~appears. Sometimes it's stupid, like, the mark/tattoo is the first words your ~soulmate~ ever says to you [and then someone has a tattoo that says "a Big Mac and a Coke, please"], sometimes it's the name of the person... that varies.

A few months ago my friends and I actually traced where this trend started, because all of a sudden there were soulmate mark fics in every single fandom ever. It turns out the trope's been around for a little while [at least since 2012 on AO3], but on February 2015, there was a big multifandom Fic Tropes Bingo, and one of the tropes was soulmate marks. A couple of big name writers in Teen Wolf, and the MCU fandoms wrote the trope... and it spread like wildfire.

Edited by dtissagirl

Thanks :) So it just sprung up, I guess. I thought it might have been inspired by some famous novel or movie. It's quite curious as a concept - I've never encountered it in anything I've ever read, or watched. 

(edited)

There's a movie called Timer, with Emma Caulfield, in which people used a watch that counted down to meeting a soulmate. I guess it's an offshoot of that.

Edit: or what @DrSpaceman10 said. :)

Edited by dtissagirl
2 hours ago, looptab said:

I've never read "soulmates fics" before - I tend to avoid AUs - and just started this "Burning Hearts" because now you got me intrigued, haha. But since it gets labeled as "one of those soulmate stories", I wanted to ask, is the thread in these stories just that there's something that lets people identify their soulmate, or is the "thing" the same in all the stories? Here it's a "soulmate mark". Is there some origin to the idea I'm not aware of, besides the concept of soulmates?

I've come across quite a few in Olicity fic there's usually some variation of tattoo involved. There was also a fic based on that timer movie. There was one where people only saw in B&W until the met their soulmate another where people were born with one color eye their own and the other was the eye color of their soulmate, their eyes would adjust to matching colors once they met their soulmate. A recent one had soulmates being able to read words written on their soulmates skin. I didn't like that one at all because it (IMO) made Felicity a victim/sad sack sort. 

I don't really recommend Burning Heart but if you're gojng to read it, read the comments especially towards the latter chapters. The readers really seem to hate what the author is doing and the author (as is her right)  is kind of ignoring the criticism.

(edited)

I read a pretty good Soulmate mark fic called The Mark I Bear.  It's 10 chapters and complete (around 63,000 words).  It's an AU that starts up about a year before Oliver should have returned to Starling City.  In this story every pair of soulmates shares a mark but if one dies, it scars over on the other one.  Which means when Thea randomly bumps into Felicity and sees her mark, she knows Oliver is alive.  This is both good and bad because as we know, Oliver wasn't ready to come home yet. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4384553/chapters/9953291

One warning, there is an original character in it, a friend of Felicity's but I don't remember having an issue with her.  I can't remember.  Either she fades away pretty quickly or was the one original character that I thought was really well used.   I beg you to hold on past the introduction of Mellie who yes, calls Felicity "Lis".  It's worth putting up with.

Edited by BkWurm1
Just now, BkWurm1 said:

I read a pretty good Soulmate mark fic called The Mark I Bear.  It's 10 chapters and complete (around 63,000 words).  It's an AU that starts up about a year before Oliver should have returned to Starling City.  In this story every pair of soulmates shares a mark but if one dies, it scars over on the other one.  Which means when Thea randomly bumps into Felicity and sees her mark, she knows Oliver is alive.  This is both good and bad because as we know, Oliver wasn't ready to come home yet. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/4384553/chapters/9953291

That was a good one, i liked it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, bijoux said:

Stories by ChronicOlicity have been mentioned today. What's their premise? I gathered they were connected-

The Legacies Series - Starts off with Felicity trying to break Oliver out from being Al Sahiem

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't mind the Al-sahim stories, but in my recollection the majority of her story does not revolve around that. Or at least not about the elements the show focused on. A lot of it revolves around Team Arrow functioning as a team and O/F functioning as a realistic couple. There are also very well executed versions of other popular Flarrowverse couplings. And the 2nd series, I think barely has any LoA in it at all.

It really was a good story with spot-on if not better characterization at points. I highly recommend it, even if you skip over the Al parts. In my mind, she took that SL to better depths than the show and fixed a lot of the issues with the story. It was not about Al-sa-him being EVIL so we can do some stunt sequences and a cheesy kidnapping. It was actually about the characters. It was about people being heroic despite hard choices and obstacles. 

I highly recommend the Legacy Series. At times, it was seemed like what ARROW tries to be but is unable to accomplish in script.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Thanks. Al-sahim stories don't really strike my interest, so I guess I'm skipping them.

This series has VERY little to do with Oliver being Al Sah-him. I suggest you give it a try. This writer wrote S3 miles better than the actual writers of the show did.

• Love 2

I second (or at this point it seems like sixth) the recommendation for the Legacy series. I kind of regret stopping reading it, but 

Spoiler

not really a fan of the Justice League tie-ins or the pregnancy/kids subplot that came in towards the end of the sequel

Other than that, I really like the first story and about 90% of the sequel. Just make sure that you don't start it at night...it gets kind of addicting and 90+ chapters is a marathon, not a sprint overnight.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Morrigan2575 said:

don't really recommend Burning Heart but if you're gojng to read it, read the comments especially towards the latter chapters. The readers really seem to hate what the author is doing and the author (as is her right)  is kind of ignoring the criticism.

That's the part I'm intrigued about :D But I've to read before I judge.

I'm on the third chapter, it's quite terrible :/

I enjoyed the Legacy series too. Took me a while to get into the first one but the second one was great. Not enjoying the third but it doesn't really feel like I have to read that to complete the story. The first two were complete stories by themselves. There are a lot of chapters though so it takes some investment to read. :)

What's everyone's take on whether an author should address criticism or not? 

I've always left kudos if I love something or hold my peace. I LOVED the Stop the Presses first story but the introduction of the kid in the second story really soured it for me so I just could not read that story. Don't see the point of raging about it though.  I figure it's free entertainment and whatever it is going on in their mind compells them to write whatever they want. 

• Love 3
Just now, Mellowyellow said:

I've always left kudos if I love something or hold my peace. I LOVED the Stop the Presses first story but the introduction of the kid in the second story really soured it for me so I just could not read that story. Don't see the point of raging about it though.  I figure it's free entertainment and whatever it is going on in their mind compells them to write whatever they want. 

I try really hard only to write if I'm going to say nice things, unless something really, really pisses me off. There was one recent obnoxious anti-Felicity story with an even more obnoxious Author's Note inviting criticism bc the author would just "destroy" it, that I responded to, with probably the meanest set of comments I've ever left. Usually, though, if I hate something I move on.

Btw, enjoying your new story. My favorite chapter was the one with no-island goofball Ollie in love with that version of Felicity. That cracked me up.

• Love 2
(edited)

I think I'm in a minority because I don't believe readers should just accept fan fiction because it's for free. If you put fic out there and there's a way of leaving a comment, people have every right to say what they want in that comment section. Writers are inviting that. If you don't want criticism sometimes (because not everyone is gonna love your fic) then don't post it on the internet. 

(Personally I don't say anything even if I want to because this fandom is very touchy about concrit but I definitely don't think readers are wrong to say if they didn't like something.)

I do think writers have every right to ignore hate-filled criticism and nastiness that crosses a line though, but some people are genuinely polite and want to help make a story better and I think it's important for authors to recognize that tbh.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

I try really hard only to write if I'm going to say nice things, unless something really, really pisses me off. There was one recent obnoxious anti-Felicity story with an even more obnoxious Author's Note inviting criticism bc the author would just "destroy" it, that I responded to, with probably the meanest set of comments I've ever left. Usually, though, if I hate something I move on.

Btw, enjoying your new story. My favorite chapter was the one with no-island goofball Ollie in love with that version of Felicity. That cracked me up.

OMG You found me.  I'm kinda pleased and mortified at the same time *runs and hides*

I try and dodge anything that will annoy me, mainly anything with Baby Mama's kid.  Heart of a Girl by calliope1975 is my perfect story. I read it whenever I need a feel good dose of Olicity.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Mellowyellow said:

OMG You found me.  I'm kinda pleased and mortified at the same time *runs and hides*

I try and dodge anything that will annoy me, mainly anything with Baby Mama's kid.  Heart of a Girl by calliope1975 is my perfect story. I read it whenever I need a feel good dose of Olicity.

You know that's our very own calliope1975, right? Our own apinknightmare has written several excellent stories as well (same user name on AO3 as here).

I've written fic for a few fandoms now, and personally, I like receiving concrit. 

I'm pretty well aware of my limitations and weak spots as a writer, so someone commenting on those things doesn't bother me, because I already realize they're issues for me. I write fic as the mood strikes, and the mood doesn't stick around for long, so I have a bunch of one shots that maybe took me an hour or two to churn out, and one multi-chapter fic that I wrote over a long weekend. So, if someone says to me, "You didn't get too in depth with this, I wish you would've fleshed it out more," or "I think this resolved too quickly, I would've appreciated a little more tension," or whatever, I go back and read, and 8 out of 10 times I agree. Because I do this for free in my spare time (and only post a story once I'm finished writing it), unless it's a glaring mistake, I usually don't bother to go back and fix the offending passage(s), but I do keep those comments in mind the next time I write something.

Even though I write fic for free, I do want to get better at it, so if someone feels like they can help me do that, then I'd love to hear from them as long as they're nice about it. Someone replying with, "This story is shit," or "Burn your keyboard or cut off your fingers so you can never write again" (both of which I have received, haha) isn't helpful at all, although those comments do make me laugh. So thanks, anons! 

• Love 8
(edited)

Aww, thanks @Mellowyellow. I truly appreciate that.

I'm also in favor of concrit. It's the only way to become a better writer, and I wouldn't post it online if I didn't want people to like it and think it's good. A lot of the stuff that makes complete sense in my head doesn't always translate to words, and it's good for people to point out when things don't make sense or could be improved. <--much like that sentence. Ooof.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Same here.

However, if it's my story that's being criticised, I'm in two minds. If it's obvious trolling I delete and ignore. If it's valid, and I only consider it valid if it's something about characterization that I've messed up, I'll consider editing. But I've had cases where someone commented and it was factually wrong, so I had to answer. Also, sometimes I feel that on fanfiction.net some readers either skim or just don't get it - it's three times now that when I've tried something different that on AO3 it was ok, while on ffn I've had chorus of protests about, among others, how the story wasn't even Arrow anymore.

I answered the one who really seemed not to get it (also she reviewed signed in, which pissed me off, as you can't delete those), but ignored the others.

4 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

I saw that and loved it - please never stop. I really hate it when a story is clearly settling grudges against a character (though I kinda did that with R'as al Ghul, lol) by having everyone act OOC to have a final so there moment. Like, how dare Felicity actually assert herself and be a human being! Only Oliver is allowed to speak his mind!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

What fic is this?  I probably won't comment but am looking forward to reading your comments.  

I find I need to be careful with criticism--not all feedback is created equal and not all of it is kindly meant.  If there were suggested guidelines for critiquing it might help, but I don't know that it would prevent the "you suck" feedback.  I was at a writing conference where the instructor had us hand in our critiques to make sure there weren't any "soul killers" in the group, people who were out to crush your will to write. I think it's possible to crush people's souls even if you don't mean to.  I found myself closing a tab of a fic that had an interesting premise and excellent grammar and spelling, but had the energy and style of a toaster manual. I think if I told the writer it was workmanlike or suggested injecting some energy into the sentence structure it still would have come off mean, no matter how I phrased it. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

I have a special pet peeve involving Real Person Fics.  I'm against them as a rule (It IMO causes real life awkwardness between the actors and even amid the fandom and really, how hard is it to slap their character names on them and call it an AU??) but I'm REALLY against them being posted and tagged as Arrow fan fic.  There is a place on Ao3 for Real Person fic. Put it there if they can't do the rest of the fandom the kindness of dressing it up as something else. So if it's in the wrong spot, I ALWAYS firmly but kindly comment it should not be posted there at all. 

If it's just really poorly written, I usually simply stop reading it.  If it's poorly written and offensive, I probably will just stop reading it even quicker, the only times I'd say something is if the author invites it by ether saying bring it on or purposely is misleading in their tags or summaries. Then I'm more likely to snark than list critique. 

I've found most people posting are NOT looking for genuine feedback.  I used to offer more comprehensive reviews to stories I liked but the few times people replied, they always seemed so bummed out so I've mostly stuck to emphasizing what is working.  (If nothing else, there's always "What a fantastic Idea!")  I will still point out if something in the story leaves me confused and sometimes I'll hint at what I had hoped for in that chapter while wrapping it in "silly, me, doesn't my mind go to funny places" kind of chatter so they can take it or leave it as they like. 

I took the writing classes where everyone sat around in a circle and did critiques and really enjoyed getting into the nitty gritty and in turn explaining my thoughts, but unless FF writers specifically ask for that kind of feedback, I assume they don't want it. Also, when I've received it myself, I've found it very frustrating because at times it's so vague as to be unhelpful.  I probably should invite it more emphatically.  I pretty much know my weaknesses but there are parts I only suspect and I wish people would be more pointed about.  Like I know I hate plot holes so I think I might over compensate and explain too much but no one ever says so, lol.  (Obviously this post is an example of my urge to say too much)

7 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

Not sure if this it the one you are talking about but for a fic under 1000 words, it sure got a lot of comments (and I admit, I couldn't stay out of the fray) The comment section is more like a forum with everyone going back and forth. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6688609 I Don't Apologize   It a "fix it" were instead of Felicity walking out on Oliver, he gets to yell at her and tell her off and walk out on her, sigh.  Most of it is just a retread of that ending with his rant tacked on but his reasoning and characterization is so bad and the author's justification so flimsy, I couldn't help poke holes in her justification. 

I enjoyed the comments far more than the fic.  Some are pretty harsh but most are very calm and reasoned and try to explain why the fix was so OOC for Oliver or most human beings.  Entertaining though.   

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BkWurm1 said:

Not sure if this it the one you are talking about but for a fic under 1000 words, it sure got a lot of comments (and I admit, I couldn't stay out of the fray) The comment section is more like a forum with everyone going back and forth. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6688609 I Don't Apologize   It a "fix it" were instead of Felicity walking out on Oliver, he gets to yell at her and tell her off and walk out on her, sigh.  Most of it is just a retread of that ending with his rant tacked on but his reasoning and characterization is so bad and the author's justification so flimsy, I couldn't help poke holes in her justification. 

I enjoyed the comments far more than the fic.  Some are pretty harsh but most are very calm and reasoned and try to explain why the fix was so OOC for Oliver or most human beings.  Entertaining though.   

Oh I remember this one..I read it because I was curious about so many comments for such a short fic.

Warning bells started ringing when she said she was a Laurel's fan, she invited people to send her hate because she was going to destroy them and the fic was posted right after 4x19 aired, LOL.

Her Oliver was such a douche I'm afraid the inspiration came from pre island Ollie rather than the current one. I think one of his best qualities is taking responsibility when he messes up. If in addition to doing stupid things and inadvertently hurting people in the process he also yelled at them when they don't treat him with kid gloves I'd rather watch that other superhero known as Barry's speed.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Oh I remember this one..I read it because I was curious about so many comments for such a short fic.

Warning bells started ringing when she said she was a Laurel's fan, she invited people to send her hate because she was going to destroy them and the fic was posted right after 4x19 aired, LOL.

Her Oliver was such a douche I'm afraid the inspiration came from pre island Ollie rather than the current one. I think one of his best qualities is taking responsibility when he messes up. If in addition to doing stupid things and inadvertently hurting people in the process he also yelled at them when they don't treat him with kid gloves I'd rather watch that other superhero known as Barry's speed.

It's always a bad sign when there are more comments than kudos - it's usually the other way round!

3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I took the writing classes where everyone sat around in a circle and did critiques and really enjoyed getting into the nitty gritty and in turn explaining my thoughts, but unless FF writers specifically ask for that kind of feedback, I assume they don't want it. Also, when I've received it myself, I've found it very frustrating because at times it's so vague as to be unhelpful.  I probably should invite it more emphatically.  I pretty much know my weaknesses but there are parts I only suspect and I wish people would be more pointed about.  Like I know I hate plot holes so I think I might over compensate and explain too much but no one ever says so, lol.  (Obviously this post is an example of my urge to say too much)

Have you tried the review games on fanfiction.net? It's a couple of threads on the Writers Anonymous forum, in which you go to the last post, leave a review on the fic which is mentioned, and ask for a review of a chapter / oneshot of yours. Those people who've taken part in the game are clearly after that kind of detailed feedback, so you could even leave them a review without expecting anything in return, if you don't have anything ready for review right now.

The only drawback is they prefer fics up to T - I usually write M. I used it twice for the first chapter of Lost in Purgatory (before the story turned M, lol) and I found it very useful.

I tend to not give concrit unless people specifically ask for it - the one time I asked a writer if I could give her concrit, and she said ok, she hasn't written anything since. I still feel bad about that one.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, thegirlsleuth said:

What fic is this?  I probably won't comment but am looking forward to reading your comments.  

It's the one BkWurm cited, right below you. I really am not usually that mean, but he poked the bear.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, arjumand said:

I saw that and loved it - please never stop. I really hate it when a story is clearly settling grudges against a character (though I kinda did that with R'as al Ghul, lol) by having everyone act OOC to have a final so there moment. Like, how dare Felicity actually assert herself and be a human being! Only Oliver is allowed to speak his mind!

I'm still mad at you for not having your RAG eaten by pigs. Although shot multiple times, decapitated, and set on fire is good, too. And you didn't have him get a nice prayer...I will hate that crap FOREVER. He stabbed your little sister nearly to death, Oliver, he doesn't deserve a nice death, JFC.

I feel like settling grudges against villains is fine.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, arjumand said:

It's always a bad sign when there are more comments than kudos - it's usually the other way round!

Have you tried the review games on fanfiction.net? It's a couple of threads on the Writers Anonymous forum, in which you go to the last post, leave a review on the fic which is mentioned, and ask for a review of a chapter / oneshot of yours. Those people who've taken part in the game are clearly after that kind of detailed feedback, so you could even leave them a review without expecting anything in return, if you don't have anything ready for review right now.

The only drawback is they prefer fics up to T - I usually write M. I used it twice for the first chapter of Lost in Purgatory (before the story turned M, lol) and I found it very useful.

I tend to not give concrit unless people specifically ask for it - the one time I asked a writer if I could give her concrit, and she said ok, she hasn't written anything since. I still feel bad about that one.

I've barely ventured away from the fan fic itself.  I'll have to take a look.  Thanks for the heads up. 

So FICON updated and 28mins into reading the chapter without being close to the middle, I realized that is they don't make love by the end of this chapter - I am out. It's wonderfully written, but they really know how to lengthen out that wait. It was becoming unbearable.

That being said, it was a very enjoyable chapter and I am not quitting the story. About halfway through the chapter, I realized that the authors intentionally fluffed and meandered their way to chapter 20 for symbolic reasons. And now that we have reached the full climatic symbolism, the story is going to return to some its roots of breakneck twists and turns - which I am looking forward to, although I did enjoy the fluff.

• Love 2

I appreciated that they had some relevant conversations. I guess Donna's purpose in the fic has been revealed. The best part was the ending, though. Now, that has me intrigued.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I appreciated that they had some relevant conversations. I guess Donna's purpose in the fic has been revealed. The best part was the ending, though. Now, that has me intrigued.

Those convos could have been in earlier chapters, because some of those chapters are getting pretty lengthy. :) But I did appreciate the conversations. What's interesting to me is up until this weekend when people here were talking about, I had completely forgotten that it really has only been like 3 days for them in-story. Because we have been with it for months, I totally didn't even realize that time hadn't really passed for them, also they all seemed to bond so quickly that the passage of time seemed quicker even though it wasn't. So that was definitely a lightbulb moment for me about how I saw the story.... I think they also mentioned the lack of time progression in this chapter, which was reaffirming that they realize the time line concerns. I also love the meta statement about trying to make sense of time-traveling toddlers.

I do hope Donna has a little more purpose, but my faith has been restored in this story, so I'm not going to worry. Not that I questioned the story/writers all that much - though I was wavering on just how much more patient I could be.

Now that they've finally had sex, I hope the I-can't-believe-this-is-happening, I-would-do-anything-to-have-this-I-want-it-so-badly internal monologues die down. While I do think the chapters are incredibly lengthy, I enjoy the new information that we get in them - fluff, action, whichever. It's wading through the repetitive thinking to get to the new stuff that gets a little irritating. Since people have been complaining about the length, I'm kind of expecting the chapters to stay long (although maybe not in the 25k range).

One little niggling complaint I have is that Sara has a broken wrist, and last chapter she was holding Ellie up over her head pretending she was Waverider. Raisa broke her arm, like...yesterday? And she's in the kitchen cutting vegetables. I've broken my arm before, and no way could I even hold vegetables for chopping the next day. The tension in my fingers would've killed, haha. Just little things that they should probably keep track of that are easy to forget when you're covering two days over a period of months. 

• Love 1
21 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

http://archiveofourown.org/works/6688609 I Don't Apologize   It a "fix it" were instead of Felicity walking out on Oliver, he gets to yell at her and tell her off and walk out on her, sigh. 

I just read the fic and the comments. The writer is basically saying,  "I don't agree with how Oliver acted in the fic, but I think he would've acted like a dick so here it is." 

I can't. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, AyChihuahua said:

They did the repetition thing in the wine cellar, too. A few back-and-forths into it and I was pretty much yelling "JUST BANG ALREADY, JFC!"

Well, the ten day time jump at the end of the chapter should mean the next chapter moves the storyline ahead.  :)

24 minutes ago, Password said:

I just read the fic and the comments. The writer is basically saying,  "I don't agree with how Oliver acted in the fic, but I think he would've acted like a dick so here it is." 

I can't. 

She/he also says it's more realistic.  That's the comment that I couldn't ignore.    

(edited)
On 9 May 2016 at 10:02 AM, BkWurm1 said:

I read that when it was first posted because it was so short and I thought 'why not?' But it's a mess and both were so OOC. I read the comments too because, like others here, I was interested in seeing her 'destroy' people who didn't agree with her story (yes, that's actually a thing said in her A/N). But like some comments suggested, she literally waited until Laurel had died to post a story that bashed Felicity (she admits as much, too), probably hoping people would join in but it backfired.

Yikes. I guess people use fanfic to unleash their anger on characters. I'd rather it be because you enjoy it but each to their own!

Edited by Angel12d
24 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Yikes. I guess people use fanfic to unleash their anger on characters. I'd rather it be because you enjoy it but each to their own!

Oh yeah, definitely. I've seen quite a few fics where the author uses the story to right wrongs, take out frustrations with storyline, punish characters, etc.

My favorite fucked up thing in fic is authors who prefer one pairing, but legit write the ~rival pairing as well [usually terribly], because that pairing has a bigger following, or maybe just a more lively community, and they want the audience.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Oh yeah, definitely. I've seen quite a few fics where the author uses the story to right wrongs, take out frustrations with storyline, punish characters, etc.

Yeah. It's like those ones who have Oliver kill Felicity in the end because they hate her so much. LOL. I don't get it. 

2 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

My favorite fucked up thing in fic is authors who prefer one pairing, but legit write the ~rival pairing as well [usually terribly], because that pairing has a bigger following, or maybe just a more lively community, and they want the audience.

My pet peeve. It's like when people tag a ship because they want more hits when really their fic bashes them instead. Grrrrr. 

• Love 2