Type keyword(s) to search

Brandi Glanville: Drinking and Tweeting - a book and a lifestyle!

• Start Topic

I don't know.  Here we are in the Brandi thread talking about it.  Lisa R said it and it is not even in her thread.  I have seen isolated comments here and there.

Gay people aren't pets.  People (including me) have posted that the women treat them like they are Giggy.  I would much prefer seeing Lisa Vs dogs than a woman dragging a gay man around.  And having a party dedicated to Tops and Bottoms is just all sorts of gross when hosted by a suburban housewife.  Aren't you edgy Kyle.

On Wednesday I originally posted my thoughts in the episode thread where she said it.  I could have put it in her thread but it's a damn ghost town over there. LOL

Back to Brandi....I think Kyle started everything with Brandi on that night we met her for the first time.  Kyle was a major bitch for no reason other than being jealous of the pretty, tall new girl.  And Brandi hasn't forgotten that. 

• Love 4

On Wednesday I originally posted my thoughts in the episode thread where she said it.  I could have put it in her thread but it's a damn ghost town over there. LOL

Back to Brandi....I think Kyle started everything with Brandi on that night we met her for the first time.  Kyle was a major bitch for no reason other than being jealous of the pretty, tall new girl.  And Brandi hasn't forgotten that. 

Always remember they all had a reason to distrust Brandi she claimed to be BFFs with Cedric.  He was in fact her manny.  So all of them looked at Brandi with a jaundiced eye.

Lisa has twice this season in her blogs referenced how hard and how much Brandi wanted to be a part of this group of women.  Brandi wanted to go in as the underdog and the rest of the women were stupid enough to let her get her way.

• Love 2

Always remember they all had a reason to distrust Brandi she claimed to be BFFs with Cedric.  He was in fact her manny.  So all of them looked at Brandi with a jaundiced eye.

That's not how it was portrayed that night.  Even if they learned about Cedric and Brandi prior to making fun of her about her shoe, it was still a bitchy, classless, mean thing they all did. Especially when they didn't know it was true or not.  (It wasn't)  I lay the blame squarely at Kyle's feet because she appeared to be the ringleader and it was her charity event.  A charity event! LOL.  Bitch.

• Love 7

My dream scene is that all of the women are all sitting around a table and  Drunk Brandi says or does something entirely inappropriate.   No one responds, but together, all the rest get up and leave the table.   And Brandi is sitting there alone.  Fade out.

I thought that should have happened the moment Brandi threw wine in Eileen's face.

• Love 8

That's not how it was portrayed that night.  Even if they learned about Cedric and Brandi prior to making fun of her about her shoe, it was still a bitchy, classless, mean thing they all did. Especially when they didn't know it was true or not.  (It wasn't)  I lay the blame squarely at Kyle's feet because she appeared to be the ringleader and it was her charity event.  A charity event! LOL.  Bitch.

It was in the newspaper in February and the scene wasn't filmed until much later.  By then Brandi had broken her ankle.  Everyone knew Brandi was trying to get on the show and her latest ploy was being Cedric's BFF- original sightings http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2011/02/brandi-glanville-dating-cedric-martinez/

http://www.wetpaint.com/real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/articles/did-brandi-glanville-fake-her-friendship-with-cedric-martinez-to-get-on-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills  First exposed for the lie

http://rumorfix.com/2011/11/did-brandi-glanville-lie-to-get-on-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills/  The first denial and lie about Adrienne and the story has since changed again to a producer saw her with Adrienne's dog.

If you walk in looking like a broken down old streetwalker on crutches-tongues will wag-Brandi didn't hear them-as we all know by now Brandi would have told them where to stick it.  Also check out the pictures with Cedric-who wears that and alerts the media-which is what their respective agents did.

I just don't know what her end game is here. She's been miscalculating for two seasons in a row now. She was convinced that the audience would hate Joyce and cheer her on as she insulted her constantly. She thought she would emerge victorious in her battle against Lisa and be the Queen Bee of the cast. She though Eileen was boring and everyone would love her wine in the face "soap opera" moment. Now she's Kims savior and will battle Kyle over her soul riding that wave of most loyal friend you'd like to have by your side.

We haven't even gotten to her shading Kyle about Mauricio not wanting her or having another soap opera moment slapping Lisa.

You could say that she's setting herself up as the villain of the franchise but she wants to be the hero. She'd probably be better off on her own "Being Brandi" show on some little watched network.

• Love 3

I don't know.  Here we are in the Brandi thread talking about it.  Lisa R said it and it is not even in her thread.  I have seen isolated comments here and there.

Gay people aren't pets.  People (including me) have posted that the women treat them like they are Giggy.  I would much prefer seeing Lisa Vs dogs than a woman dragging a gay man around.  And having a party dedicated to Tops and Bottoms is just all sorts of gross when hosted by a suburban housewife.  Aren't you edgy Kyle.

This seems to be a recurrent theme on the HW shows across the boards. I do not understand why it started or even more so, why it continues!

• Love 4

I just don't know what her end game is here.

Drinking, of course, impairs your thinking, and Brandi's has gotten out of control. Plus, I think her fame went to her head, so she thinks all this "truth telling" is charming, because her Twitter followers and book buyers tell her so. Add in her instability - her meltdown on WWHL, her panic attacks, her admission of being on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills. So while choosing to go after Joyce and Lisa and Kyle might be miscalculations, I think the rest of her behavior is kind of an exposure of a downward spiral.

• Love 5

I think it started with Kathy Griffin, who uses it in a "fan" sense, since "her gays" have kept her alive, buy her records, books, go to every live show they can, etc.  She's basically saying "my gays" in a "my gay fans" sense, not as if they are her pets, and she tailors many of her jokes to and for them.  She's also a huge champion of gay rights.  I'm not sure if Cher has ever said it, but she would be another one that, if she did, it would not offend me, since the "gay fans" really support her career.

The housewives that do it make me sick because they do use it in a demeaning "pet" way, and it's condescending.

I also think it may have started to be popular with "Sex and the City" since both Charlotte and Carrie had their very close gay friend, so it became trendy to say "my gay husband" ala Jill Zarin and many others.  It was never done in a pet way on S&TC either.  These HWs have perverted it.  Blech.

• Love 5

I just don't know what her end game is here. She's been miscalculating for two seasons in a row now. She was convinced that the audience would hate Joyce and cheer her on as she insulted her constantly. She thought she would emerge victorious in her battle against Lisa and be the Queen Bee of the cast. She though Eileen was boring and everyone would love her wine in the face "soap opera" moment. Now she's Kims savior and will battle Kyle over her soul riding that wave of most loyal friend you'd like to have by your side.

We haven't even gotten to her shading Kyle about Mauricio not wanting her or having another soap opera moment slapping Lisa.

You could say that she's setting herself up as the villain of the franchise but she wants to be the hero. She'd probably be better off on her own "Being Brandi" show on some little watched network.

I think Brandi and her handlers are smart enough to keep changing up her game a little each season. She slithers up to someone different each season or 2, IMO, to keep viewers guessing what her game is. That way, viewers don't get bored with her, which is the biggest kiss of death on any reality show, being called boring.

• Love 2

I don't think Brandi is going anywhere.  Just for one example, she has the longest thread here.  People talk about her, so unless she does something horrible to an official at Bravo, I doubt she'll be fired.

Hell, just about all Eileen and Lipsa do is talk about her too.   So far, other than kids (yawn) or pets (yawn) Brandi is probably the other wives most frequent topic of conversation too.

• Love 3

Thank you for breaking down Brandi's miscalculations, I get a kick out of her predicting that the audience will side with her and then they don't. My prediction is that she will do this season the same thing she did towards the end of last season when people did not rally around her, and that is declare that she gets the big bucks to be an asshole and haters pay her bills.

As far as why does Brandi keep doing it, she's been engaging in this kind of behavior for years, e.g., Eddie and LeAnn, Adrienne Maloof, and it has paid off in spades, and even if you look at her behavior last season, Brandi may have lost her fan favorite status, but unlike Joyce, she is still holding a diamond. I think that it is hard for Brandi to course correct given how well her antics have paid off in the past, plus even if she changed things, it's not a given that she will regain fan favorite status, the RHoBH audience may just get bored. I don't think that Brandi is a boring person per se, but she may have run her course: we've heard the saucy one-liners, we've heard the digs and call outs, we've seen her fashion sense, etc.

To me the key reason that I think Brandi should go the straight and narrow route is to not keep adding to the pile of incidents that her sons may find embarrassing, but other than that Brandi should play out her remaining 15 minutes however she wants. I think that the more critical thing is has she taken advantage of the opportunity: has she bought a house, established a credit history, accumulated a nest egg, laid the groundwork for the next chapter whether it be starting a business or some other career, snagging a rich husband, etc.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 4

I read a lot of supportive and positive posts about Brandi around the net.  She isn't hated everywhere.

That is very true, she has some of the most vocal/loud/devoted fans going. Her and Teresa Giudice that is. LOL

• Love 3

Lisa has twice this season in her blogs referenced how hard and how much Brandi wanted to be a part of this group of women.  Brandi wanted to go in as the underdog and the rest of the women were stupid enough to let her get her way.

Not defending Brandi, but Lisa V. is also the biggest revisionist in all of Housewives land. Lisa loves to now spin that she gave Brandi a chance when she "fought so hard" to be a part of the group, but I really don't see any evidence of such calculation during the season. If anything it was Dana-Pam who was lobbying hard ("Let's do it, let's just go to Hawaii, we're like sisters!"). Lisa befriended Brandi in large part because Brandi had her back during the reunion. It was just as convenient for Lisa to befriend Brandi as it was for Brandi to be befriended by Lisa.  Let's face it, Lisa needed an ally and she got one. She can change history all she wants now, but Lisa was hardly lending an altruistic hand to a woman desperate to be on the show.

In other news, I saw Whitney Cummings in the grocery store today. I don't even know who she is except for WWHL. I was very tempted to broach the topic of Brandi's sour-grapes tweet, but it was pretty early in the morning and didn't have it in me.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 5

Joana Krupa's defamation lawsuit against Brandi is something so surreal  & grotesque (Brandi's two favorite spices) that I start giggling every time I think about it. I defy anyone to read the text without laughing.  What, Brandi says Yolanda shared with her ... I guess Lisa V is thrown in there somewhere too as having allegedly overheard these remarks, per Brandi.  Or some such.  I mean, really -- ain't no one gonna come out smelling like a rose -- except, weirdly and unjustly, good old Brandi.  What Joana thinks she can possibly achieve is beyond my powers of comprehension.

(If I were Yolanda and had the prospect of having to answer questions about any of this in connection with a lawsuit, I would definitely claim early onset dementia -- stat.  Bet David is none too happy -- Too bad we didn't get to see the Yolanda Hadid years on our screens -- Yo and Mo I'm sure much more fun and OTT than Yo and David.)

Whitney Cummings talks too much and is pretty unfunny.  Glad you didn't go there, Phil Marlowe -- She doesn't deserve you.  Calling folks trailer trash is so low class.  Don't pick on mobile home residents if you want to come sit next to me--and she was so far up Eileen's ass that I wanted to smack her.  Brandi's a tool but the only ones who manage to really sink her even momentarily are the ones who kill her with cold, icy, condescending faux kindness .

Looks like Brandi is trying to bring back the rumors about Mauricio running around town on Kyle too. Let's hope and pray that we don't have to endure anymore of Kyle freaking out about any of that ever again.  

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 4

Not defending Brandi, but Lisa V. is also the biggest revisionist in all of Housewives land. Lisa loves to now spin that she gave Brandi a chance when she "fought so hard" to be a part of the group, but I really don't see any evidence of such calculation during the season. If anything it was Dana-Pam who was lobbying hard ("Let's do it, let's just go to Hawaii, we're like sisters!"). Lisa befriended Brandi in large part because Brandi had her back during the reunion. It was just as convenient for Lisa to befriend Brandi as it was for Brandi to be befriended by Lisa.  Let's face it, Lisa needed an ally and she got one. She can change history all she wants now, but Lisa was hardly lending an altruistic hand to a woman desperate to be on the show.

In other news, I saw Whitney Cummings in the grocery store today. I don't even know who she is except for WWHL. I was very tempted to broach the topic of Brandi's sour-grapes tweet, but it was pretty early in the morning and didn't have it in me.

Not really, Lisa softened towards Brandi before season 2 ended, before the reunion was filmed. She did not though, treat her like she did season 3.

Joana Krupa's defamation lawsuit against Brandi is something so surreal  & grotesque (Brandi's two favorite spices) that I start giggling every time I think about it. I defy anyone to read the text without laughing.  What, Brandi says Yolanda shared with her ... I guess Lisa V is thrown in there somewhere too as having allegedly overheard these remarks, per Brandi.  Or some such.  I mean, really -- ain't no one gonna come out smelling like a rose -- except, weirdly and unjustly, good old Brandi.  What Joana thinks she can possibly achieve is beyond my powers of comprehension.

(If I were Yolanda and had the prospect of having to answer questions about any of this in connection with a lawsuit, I would definitely claim early onset dementia -- stat.  Bet David is none too happy -- Too bad we didn't get to see the Yolanda Hadid years on our screens -- Yo and Mo I'm sure much more fun and OTT than Yo and David.)

Whitney Cummings talks too much and is pretty unfunny.  Glad you didn't go there, Phil Marlowe -- She doesn't deserve you.  Calling folks trailer trash is so low class.  Don't pick on mobile home residents if you want to come sit next to me--and she was so far up Eileen's ass that I wanted to smack her.  Brandi's a tool but the only ones who manage to really sink her even momentarily are the ones who kill her with cold, icy, condescending faux kindness .

Looks like Brandi is trying to bring back the rumors about Mauricio running around town on Kyle too. Let's hope and pray that we don't have to endure anymore of Kyle freaking out about any of that ever again.  

Brandi said that Mohamed said that in front of her and Lisa V, he of course denies ever saying it, not Yolanda. Mohamed also denies that he knew Joanna while he was still married to Yolanda let alone slept with her. Yolanda neither confirmed or denied anything Mohamed said and she did not confirm what Brandi alleged he said. Lisa V denied Mohamed ever said that to her at any time.

All of the HWs need to start treating Brandi more like Eileen but they all need to stop talking about her in their TH segments and in their blogs as well. LOL

• Love 3

I think her Lyme disease already has that covered!

Definitely!

In the previews for next week unfortunately we get more of Brandi getting under Kyle's skin all over again.  Kyle lets Brandi torment her, gets increasingly heated, starts to lose control and begins to blame Kim!  It's so frustrating to watch.  Come here, Kyle, let's watch an old movie together called "The Women."  She desperately needs some pointers on how to defang Glanville and keep Kim out of the picture.  Kyle has a weird friend-sister-triangle phobia or something that unhinges her every single time and leaves her to dump on Kim.  It's so odd -- maybe goes back to their Big Kathy days. 

WireWrap -- You're right.  I always get some major plot point wrong -- so embarrassing always.  Am ashamed to admit that I read some just plain trash accounts of Yolanda having put this in Brandi's head but the official complaint (or whatever the term) going after her for defamation is just as you say.  It's simply unbelievable. I can't imagine what it would be to have this woman as my child.  Between the worry and the constant shame, I'd be a total wreck. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 3

I read a lot of supportive and positive posts about Brandi around the net.  She isn't hated everywhere.

Not be a jerk but link one that doesn't involve Celebrity Apprentice

That is very true, she has some of the most vocal/loud/devoted fans going. Her and Teresa Giudice that is. LOL

And Tamra Barney

• Love 5

Apparently you don't understand the basis of the lawsuit. Brandi said Mohamed said Joanna's girl parts were funky. Public eye or not you cannot claim somebody made a comment if they did not. She then claimed Vanderpump was present when Mohamed said it. Yolanda was originally tagged with Joanna breaking up her marriage.  Brandi never said that on air the slugmeister from Miami said it.  Brandi backed away from the comment about Joanna breaking up the marriage.  Brandi has since persisted on the odor comments.  

• Love 3

Not really, Lisa softened towards Brandi before season 2 ended, before the reunion was filmed. She did not though, treat her like she did season 3.

Brandi said that Mohamed said that in front of her and Lisa V, he of course denies ever saying it, not Yolanda. Mohamed also denies that he knew Joanna while he was still married to Yolanda let alone slept with her. Yolanda neither confirmed or denied anything Mohamed said and she did not confirm what Brandi alleged he said. Lisa V denied Mohamed ever said that to her at any time.

Yes, really - I said Lisa "largely" befriended her after the reunion. Lisa may have softened toward Brandi by the end of the season, but they were nowhere near the twosome that they were at the start of Season 3. The reunion definitely gave major leverage to their friendship.

• Love 4

Definitely!

In the previews for next week unfortunately we get more of Brandi getting under Kyle's skin all over again.  Kyle lets Brandi torment her, gets increasingly heated, starts to lose control and begins to blame Kim!  It's so frustrating to watch.  Come here, Kyle, let's watch an old movie together called "The Women."  She desperately needs some pointers on how to defang Glanville and keep Kim out of the picture.  Kyle has a weird friend-sister-triangle phobia or something that unhinges her every single time and leaves her to dump on Kim.  It's so odd -- maybe goes back to their Big Kathy days. 

WireWrap -- You're right.  I always get some major plot point wrong -- so embarrassing always.  Am ashamed to admit that I read some just plain trash accounts of Yolanda having put this in Brandi's head but the official complaint (or whatever the term) going after her for defamation is just as you say.  It's simply unbelievable. I can't imagine what it would be to have this woman as my child.  Between the worry and the constant shame, I'd be a total wreck. 

Maybe Kim should not bring uninvited Brandi to her sister's party. Kim needs to keep Brandi out of Kyle's way.  Brandi has already said she won't apologize.

• Love 4

Come here, Kyle, let's watch an old movie together called "The Women."  She desperately needs some pointers on how to defang Glanville and keep Kim out of the picture.

Great point. And great idea! I saw the movie ages ago, but as I remember it, it's like a precursor to Real Housewives - only everyone is Lisa Vanderpump - well-heeled, and fast with the quip.

• Love 5

I can't be sure but think I got the basis of the lawsuit -- terrible business, really -- I do find it unintentionally hilarious because it's just so vile and grotesque.  I was confused and mistaken, as I frequently am, about who said what to whom initially. I know that Adriana from Miami got the ball rolling -- or I think I know that.  What I know I don't know-- as opposed to what I don't know I don't know? -- is how Joana and her attorneys can hope to achieve anything really worthwhile for her.  I'm sorry already to have brought it up.  It simply astounds me, the whole thing.  It's so HWs incestuous, absurd, and unseemly.

At any rate, thanks for helping me make sense of it, zoeysmom.

I just rewatched the Brandi-Kyle-Kim preview and had a mini-moment of clarity.  I think Kyle is so protective and afraid that Kim's going to go back out there and come to a horrible end that she over reacts when third-party troublemakers enter the sister picture.  She then, in her panic-anger-frustration, turns on Kim and accuses her of being disloyal.  Kim then gets upset because she wants to be able to make her own decisions about who's in her life and how she conducts it -- right or wrong.  So the younger sister in her fear accuses the older of not being faithful to her and to their bond (beware the outsider who doesn't care for you!) and the older, sicker sister, insists that she's not being treated with due respect -- that she's being infantilized and patronized because she's ill and not as popular. It probably reinforces her deep insecurities about being a has been.  Kyle wants Kim to be safe and Kim wants to feel like she can make decisions on her own without being questioned and made to feel less than.

Brandi has an unerring knack for analyzing these kinds of weaknesses and inserting herself.  And a willingness to go there and just keep getting meaner and meaner when confronted.  Just for the hell of it.

This may not bring relief to anyone else, but I feel a bit better already.  Watching these two sisters go at it year after year has really started to affect me in some pretty negative ways -- to such an extent that I find myself wishing I could quit the show.  If I can get a handle on the dynamic maybe I can detach some too.  I feel sometimes like I've entered their weird world of obsessive investment and co-dependency.  LOL or scream out loud or something.  One small step. I've come to really despise these two ladies I don't even know and never will and I'm one of those crazies who really really doesn't like to hate other people.  

PS -- What I'm trying to say is that if Kyle could calm her panic significantly in face of Kim's relapses (I know, I know easier said than done) and, in this instance, actually thank Brandi however insincerely for attempting to help Kim, she might kill two birds with one stone.  Take the wind out of Brandi's sails -- all Brandi want to do is fight, doesn't matter with whom -- and allow Kim the illusion, that she seems to need, of being a grown-up.  Just a thought.  

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 5

I can't be sure but think I got the basis of the lawsuit -- terrible business, really -- I do find it unintentionally hilarious because it's just so vile and grotesque.  I was confused and mistaken, as I frequently am, about who said what to whom initially. I know that Adriana from Miami got the ball rolling -- or I think I know that.  What I know I don't know-- as opposed to what I don't know I don't know? -- is how Joana and her attorneys can hope to achieve anything really worthwhile for her.  I'm sorry already to have brought it up.  It simply astounds me, the whole thing.  It's so HWs incestuous, absurd, and unseemly.

I just rewatched the Brandi-Kyle-Kim preview and had a mini-moment of clarity.  I think Kyle is so protective and afraid that Kim's going to go back out there and come to a horrible end that she over reacts when third-party troublemakers enter the sister picture.  She then, in her panic-anger-frustration, turns on Kim and accuses her of being disloyal.  Kim then gets upset because she wants to be able to make her own decisions about who's in her life and how she conducts it -- right or wrong.  So the younger sister in her fear accuses the older of not being faithful to her and to their bond (beware the outsider who doesn't care for you!) and the older, sicker sister, insists that she's not being treated with due respect -- that she's being infantilized and patronized because she's ill and not as popular. It probably reinforces her deep insecurities about being a has been.  Kyle wants Kim to be safe and Kim wants to feel like she can make decisions on her own without being questioned and made to feel less than.

Brandi has an unerring knack for analyzing these kinds of weaknesses and inserting herself.  And a willingness to go there and just keep getting meaner and meaner when confronted.  Just for the hell of it.

This may not bring relief to anyone else, but I feel a bit better already.  Watching these two sisters go at it year after year has really started to affect me in some pretty negative ways -- to such an extent that I find myself wishing I could quit the show.  If I can get a handle on the dynamic maybe I can detach some too.  I feel sometimes like I've entered their weird world of obsessive investment and co-dependency.  LOL or scream out loud or something.  One small step. I've come to really despise these two ladies I don't even know and never will and I'm one of those crazies who really really doesn't like to hate other people.  

PS -- What I'm trying to say is that if Kyle could calm her panic significantly in face of Kim's relapses (I know, I know easier said than done) and, in this instance, actually thank Brandi however insincerely for attempting to help Kim, she might kill two birds with one stone.  Take the wind out of Brandi's sails -- all Brandi want to do is fight, doesn't matter with whom -- and allow Kim the illusion, that she seems to need, of being a grown-up.  Just a thought.

Thank you copacabana...you've taken the words right out of my mouth and said it so much better! Kyle has to keep her cool and BS Kim & Brandi with kindness. She really needs to think out of the box because she's getting nowhere with her old reactions. She needs to get control of the kids in the playground, lol.

• Love 3

Not be a jerk but link one that doesn't involve Celebrity Apprentice

And Tamra Barney

You will find a few Brandi "fans" on the BH FB page! Some get aggressive if you post anything against her, even if you are not mean about it or call her names.

• Love 3

Yes, really - I said Lisa "largely" befriended her after the reunion. Lisa may have softened toward Brandi by the end of the season, but they were nowhere near the twosome that they were at the start of Season 3. The reunion definitely gave major leverage to their friendship.

Sorry, I misread what you meant. I agree, their friendship really grew after the reunion. I think it would with most people when someone you know, but are not tight with, comes to your defense, it tends to draw you closer. Do you think Brandi targeted Lisa in order to gain her friendship for a purpose other than friendship? I do not think Lisa did that to Brandi but that she was touched that Brandi cared enough to support her at the reunion when others chose to come at her.

It is scary how fast Brandi turns on people though. It is as if her brain is rabid! LOL

• Love 3

I think Kyle got so slammed for "outing" Kim's alcohol addiction in season 1 by viewers, add in her families (Kathy/kids Kim's kids) horror and anger that she did it on camera and that Kim could die each time she falls off the wagon again makes  Kyle terrified to repeat that type of mistake on camera again! Because of that alone I doubt we will ever hear Kyle openly and honestly talk about Kim's drug use.

I agree it would be better if Kyle would just not respond to Kim and her antics on the show but how about Kim not bring Brandi to her sisters party. Especially since she knows they are at war with each other. Kim seems to love rubbing Brandi in Kyle's face, it is spiteful IMO. Kyle may not handle it well but Kim is really twisted, it is always about her and never about anyone else.

Maybe Kyle just should have ignored Brandi entirely, as if she was not there at all, like she did at Lisa R's house. Now that would have pissed both Kim and Brandi off to no end! IMO, Kim brought Brandi to get under Kyle's skin and they won.

• Love 7

My rules, in life in general : be clear, don't lie, don't cheat, don't hide anything, as everything will be know any day...

And if you're able to do that, you're not afraid of anyone, anything, and nobody would never be able to "blackmail" you...

Those HW's always blame it on Brandi... BUT if they were "clean", they wouldn't have anything to blame on Brandi. They give her this kind of "power". Don't play with the truth, because you'll lose. Always.

I might be wrong, but that's how I feel.

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 6

I think the only way to put the claim to rest was for Joanna to sue.  Granted the initial lawsuit garnered press but it sounds like it will continue to be a source of public fodder whenever "Satan" Andy decides to run it or Brandi is a guest of WWHL.  It is a good lesson for Brandi in how to phrase an insult.  Joanna saying, "I can see why Eddie left her", is an opinion.  'Brandi always turns on her friends' is an opinion.  'Brandi eats her young' is so improbable as to not be true.  Saying Mohamed said. "Brandi beats her children," would be defamation, if Mohamed didn't say it.  Since Brandi and Joanna have never "met" the RH  there was no cast tie.  I am not usually one for SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) lawsuits, which this could loosely be construed as but in the case I think Brandi and Bravo need to shut it down. 

As to Brandi the interloper-not only was she not invited and dense Kim knew that she wasn't-once again you have Brandi threatening Kyle with physical violence.  That alone should have been enough of a reason for Kim to support her sister's demand Brandi leave.  Even in Kim's impaired state out in the driveway, she had more of a backbone towards Brandi going after her sister. This dirty trick Kim is the Kim that came out poker night, the Kim that is just like "Big Kathy".  Kyle was correct, as far as keeping her sister relationship in tact, asking Brandi to remove herself directly, socially you are suppose to direct the request at the person who brought them.  Now this could easily be a Faye Resnick trick, where production had on the schedule and a place was set for Faye, at Lisa's tea, but Lisa got to claim Faye wasn't invited and was an intruder to garner a little sympathy for Lisa. Bottom line, just because Kim has a friend, doesn't mean Kyle has to capitulate and have poor alcoholic, taking care of sick ex husband, recovering from wedding planning, upset because her daughter is returning to college, Kim bring said friend to event, The friend was specifically not invited.  It is the Kingsley situation all over.  Kingsley bites people who get too close to Kim.  Kim keeps bringing people in Kingsley's proximity and sits back and cries victim when her dog attacks a family member or friend because she can't be without her puppy, because after all Kim is taking care of poor sick Monty, recovering from planning a wedding, her daughter returning to college and an eight day detox.

Kyle shouldn't let Brandi get to her and maybe it is good for Kim to see how her thoughtless actions impact her sister.  For Kim to sit there and say - why are you involving me your issues with Brandi- is ludicrous.  This is strong in sobriety Kim that Kyle is dealing with so she deserves a reality check,  I would give Kim a pass because she had been shouldering so many burdens except in this week's blog she is saying the same thing, so it is just Kim believing she is entitled to a lifelong pass for bad behavior. 

I do think it is time for Kim to exit stage left.  It seems her primary purpose for being on the show is to torment her sister.  Once she is dropped let see how many of those 2 am phone calls Brandi takes from Kim. I don't think Kyle is going to be apologizing to Brandi anytime soon.  Giving Brandi any kudos for her drunken thought process is not in anyone's best interest.

• Love 5

Yes I agree, I post at two other sites where people aren't bothered so much by Brandi.  And they aren't rabid fans. And there are posters on those sites who dislike/hate her too.  But they don't have the volume of posting here on any topic.  

Frankly as probably the one of the few posters here who posts positive things about Brandi, I can say that people are just as rabid about hating her as other fan sites may be about loving her.  Lol.  And FWIW, I don't know of any sites that are rabid Brandi fan site.  If there are, I wish someone would point me that way because that might be entertaining.  :)

ITA that P-D was the fought so hard chick.  Really I remember in Hawaii Brandi on the boat more keeping to herself and stand offish.  And at the dinner chiming in appropriately  (reasonably, and shockingly kindly) to Kyle about Kim's addiction issues.  She was flirty with Ken initially at the first cocktails in Hawaii, but after that she wasn't trying too hard.  Game night was hardly trying to fit in.  Spa day not so much; she begrudgingly accepted the apologies.  She fought hard maybe at the reunion by going after Taylor and Adrienne when she realized she had a chance to move up from Friend Of.

I think Lisa was just making a dig a Brandi.  Just reminding her that she will never be one of them, you know high class, like the HWs she originally joined on the show, the Richards sisters who learned about blow jobs in a van or Camille the Mtv dancer/escort, or Taylor Armstrong - grifter extraordinaire, or cat-lady Adrienne who made up child abuse allegations against her husband.  And I for one would love to know Ken's past because I have a feeling he was a street brawler.  His accent doesn't ring quite true to me.  The club scene in the '80s wasn't really high tea with the queen. I don't know if any of them really fit in with Yolanda, Lisa R. and Eileen. 

But I forgot, Brandi got really really drunk celebrating a book deal or something, went to the bathroom, and no one she was with told her that her under slip was pulled up and her tampon showed.  9th circle of hell for you.  I'm not going to clutch my pearls over stupid stuff she tweets or jokes she makes on her podcast. She's a HW, not my sister or my friend.  She is exhibiting substance abuse issues (ahem Kim).  Brandi acts vulgar and low class.  No doubt.  But Lisa V. can take a seat with her digs.  She willingly partied with Brandi after hours and off contract for fun, and laughed at her crass humor on camera - remember Palm Springs? And now she wants everyone to believe she was duped and she's so much better?  Please Lisa.  

Brandi did some other really heinous and truly unforgivable things like outing Adrienne's surrogacy - that earns my real disdain - but Lisa supported her through that.

Someone wondered what Brandi's endgame is.  I don't know.  I watch Celeb Apprentice and wonder why she isn't playing that here.  If she had an endgame at all, she would be being that Brandi on BH. It's much more likable and fan friendly and more importantly future- sponsor friendly.   Maybe her endgame is earning BH bonus $ by stirring up drama.  Nothing else makes sense.  The wine toss was so calculated when you go back and look.  But poker night was not IMO.  Kim set that shit in motion by coming high/stoned/impaired whatever.  Brandi almost had her out of there almost drama free (if you call heckling during poker, being drunk and obnoxious, and Kim's admission to Kyle drama free) and into the limo before Kim decided to go back into the kitchen and poke Kyle.

• Love 5

I think the only way to put the claim to rest was for Joanna to sue.  Granted the initial lawsuit garnered press but it sounds like it will continue to be a source of public fodder whenever "Satan" Andy decides to run it or Brandi is a guest of WWHL.  It is a good lesson for Brandi in how to phrase an insult.  Joanna saying, "I can see why Eddie left her", is an opinion.  'Brandi always turns on her friends' is an opinion.  'Brandi eats her young' is so improbable as to not be true.  Saying Mohamed said. "Brandi beats her children," would be defamation, if Mohamed didn't say it.  Since Brandi and Joanna have never "met" the RH  there was no cast tie.  I am not usually one for SLAPP (Strategic Lawsuit Against Public Participation) lawsuits, which this could loosely be construed as but in the case I think Brandi and Bravo need to shut it down. 

As to Brandi the interloper-not only was she not invited and dense Kim knew that she wasn't-once again you have Brandi threatening Kyle with physical violence.  That alone should have been enough of a reason for Kim to support her sister's demand Brandi leave.  Even in Kim's impaired state out in the driveway, she had more of a backbone towards Brandi going after her sister. This dirty trick Kim is the Kim that came out poker night, the Kim that is just like "Big Kathy".  Kyle was correct, as far as keeping her sister relationship in tact, asking Brandi to remove herself directly, socially you are suppose to direct the request at the person who brought them.  Now this could easily be a Faye Resnick trick, where production had on the schedule and a place was set for Faye, at Lisa's tea, but Lisa got to claim Faye wasn't invited and was an intruder to garner a little sympathy for Lisa. Bottom line, just because Kim has a friend, doesn't mean Kyle has to capitulate and have poor alcoholic, taking care of sick ex husband, recovering from wedding planning, upset because her daughter is returning to college, Kim bring said friend to event, The friend was specifically not invited.  It is the Kingsley situation all over.  Kingsley bites people who get too close to Kim.  Kim keeps bringing people in Kingsley's proximity and sits back and cries victim when her dog attacks a family member or friend because she can't be without her puppy, because after all Kim is taking care of poor sick Monty, recovering from planning a wedding, her daughter returning to college and an eight day detox.

Kyle shouldn't let Brandi get to her and maybe it is good for Kim to see how her thoughtless actions impact her sister.  For Kim to sit there and say - why are you involving me your issues with Brandi- is ludicrous.  This is strong in sobriety Kim that Kyle is dealing with so she deserves a reality check,  I would give Kim a pass because she had been shouldering so many burdens except in this week's blog she is saying the same thing, so it is just Kim believing she is entitled to a lifelong pass for bad behavior. 

I do think it is time for Kim to exit stage left.  It seems her primary purpose for being on the show is to torment her sister.  Once she is dropped let see how many of those 2 am phone calls Brandi takes from Kim. I don't think Kyle is going to be apologizing to Brandi anytime soon.  Giving Brandi any kudos for her drunken thought process is not in anyone's best interest.

But it may be a way to take away Brandi's power, which thrives on trouble and feeding off other people's wounds and insecurities, and would also be a way of pointing out to Kim that she's responsible for her choices, whatever those may be.  Of course, Kim's behavior is ludicrous -- Encouraging her to own it and then backing off would be the strategy.  The reason so many applaud Eileen's reactions to Brandi has much to do with her detachment -- something Kyle needs to start practicing -- and attitude of, WHOA, You're messed up and I'm not playing into your thing.  Granted Eileen isn't her sister, but I'd be studying what she does and taking notes.  And of course I agree fully with your assessment of Kim and her misbehavior.  I also get Kyle's panic and anger. 

Just a thought -- If I were Kyle, I would be looking for any kind of modifications in my own way of dealing with the dynamic because what she's been doing isn't working for either sister.  It seems ridiculous for Kim to say that "my feelings are hurt" when this stuff goes down but I don't think she's lying when she says so, even though she may be deflecting and manipulating.  Part of her really doesn't get why folks treat her like a child and talk about her to her face with others when she's standing right there.  Fighting over her like she's a kid or an object is both unduly flattering and demeaning to her, no matter how screwed up she is.  I would stop that immediately no matter how much I wanted to punch Brandi's lights out. (I thought at the time that Kyle's reaction to BullDog Ken only strengthened Kim's resolve to stick with him.  She gets ornery, right?  No one is going to tell HER what to do!)

If Kyle insists on removing Brandi from the event, and yes I get that she wasn't invited -- Don't engage in verbal jousting with her. Stop feeding the beast. Call security and have her removed.  Or kill her with  quick, icy kindness and ignore her and Kim for the rest of the evening.  I'll bet Kim would have been over to Kyle in pretty quick time if Kyle had been able to get a handle on her understandable rage.

Brandi is like a leech -- I'd be looking to cut off the blood supply and not provide her with additional camera time.  Thanks for the insights though.  I hear you. 

Have to say too that the only reason I was able to come up with any kind of strategy for myself -- and that's basically all it is  -- is because the camera work in that scene was so good.  It was steady, focused on all of the players, and the editing was such that you could really see what the three were feeling and doing. There's a big difference between watching something play out in driveway long shots and having the action recorded up close and personal. 

Thanks too for the breakdown on the Joanna lawsuit thing.  I'm glad she's doing it too -- Just hope she gets something out of it beyond bringing it to light all over again.  I missed all this when it was going on and simply can't get over how vile Brandi's comments are-were.  That's some sociopathic stuff right there.  Andy's tolerance for this kind of stuff continues to boggle my mind. 

jinjer--I don't watch CA anymore and only watched a few seasons but any of the housewives I did see on it -- and I saw two or three -- always behaved very, very differently from the way they present on Bravo.  I guess you'd have to and would want to.  It's a chance for some kind of image rehab for sure. 

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 4

jinjer--I don't watch CA anymore and only watched a few seasons but any of the housewives I did see on it -- and I saw two or three -- always behaved very, very differently from the way they present on Bravo.  I guess you'd have to and would want to.  It's a chance for some kind of image rehab for sure.

But Brandi is very different - sober for one.

Kenya is exactly then same.  Maybe even worse - she's sharper/doesn't make stupid mistakes on Atlanta.  I think she's messy on CA. Lol.

• Love 5

Here's the way I see it after reading the last few pages....thank you all for sharing your wisdom. There are three entities: Kim, Kyle & Brandi. Only one of these ladies has the emotional support of a husband, a business and financial security...Kyle. The other two...not so much. Kyle can't change the other two...but she can change herself. I believe she needs to change her modus operandi with these two. Act more detached and kill them with kindness and humor. Get the upper hand with Kim and Brandi by not participating in their drama. Yelling, crying and accusing them of wrong doing has not worked. Kyle needs to stop allowing them to turn her into an emotional wreck. A new strategy is needed IMO.

I've got my money on Kyle who hopefully will change her automatic reaction to them and come out a winner. Cause right now Kim & Brandi with so much less are successfully pushing Kyle's buttons. Disengage Kyle...disengage!

Edited by RealityTVSmack1
  • Love 5

I'd throw a parade for Theresa before ever saying a nice thing about the disgusting trash that is Brandi.

• Love 3

But Brandi is very different - sober for one.

Kenya is exactly then same.  Maybe even worse - she's sharper/doesn't make stupid mistakes on Atlanta.  I think she's messy on CA. Lol.

I may have to watch just to catch some Kenya action!  

Re the Lisa and Brandi ups and downs.  Lisa strikes me as the kind of friend who likes to analyze and gab about her pals when they're not around the way most of us do.  Not necessarily in a malicious way but in a pass the day away kind of way.  Let's face it -- we love to analyze and dissect other people's behavior. Sometimes with an eye towards being helpful and trying to understand and sometimes not.  She clearly sees herself as the sharpest tool in this shed and relishes being able to lord it over the other ladies and entertain them and us with her wit.  She's got the real  maternal vibe to her too. I wouldn't trust her with too much that I wanted to keep totally private because it might come out in her little jokes and quips and subtle put downs if she were to get angry or fed up.  She definitely knows a whole lot more than she will ever let on and that's to her credit.  Also working in her favor:  Have we ever seen her drunk or out of control angry on this show?

Brandi is that chick who you don't ever want to spill the beans to because you know she'll use it against you publicly and often when the tides turns.  She may not be as rich as the other ladies but she's pretty good at extracting other people's secrets when they are in the honeymoon friend phase with her.  That's her currency. When she crosses those lines though it's impossible for others to maintain a relationship with her so she ends up isolating herself and having to move on.  She keeps wanting to mend fences after the damage has been done and thinks that sit downs and apologies are going to get her there or at least make it look like she's trying.  She must know that this is not the way women operate.  Most of us will tolerate a so-called friend talking a certain amount of minor smack about us when we're not in the room but, beyond a certain point, once that line is crossed, any real friendship is over.  You've got to be able to trust. 

I'm always leary of new women friends who start out from the gate by gossiping in a real low down way about other women. . You know that if they can talk smack and slander another gal, like it's just a joke and no big deal -- just girl talk -- that they will be talking about you behind your back in just that way before the sun sets. Gossiping constantly about other people is also a sure sign that the two of you have little to talk about in a real way. 

I don't think that Lisa has ever been really candid about her friendship with Brandi.  I think she went slumming when she took up with Brandi, developed some feelings for her, but definitely used her and knew that Brandi was using her.  One can still be hurt when such relationships go south but the real loser here was Brandi and by her own hand.  Lisa doesn't need friendships in the way some of these other gals do.  She's got her life the way she wants it.  

I don't hate Brandi either.  Much of the stuff she does is appalling and I wouldn't trust her from here to the corner but she's so seriously messed up that I feel sorry for her.  One thing you learn as you get older -- eventually all this stuff catches up with you and regret, remorse, guilt and shame waiting for you in old age -- it's just not fun. I wouldn't want either Lisa or Brandi as a friend.  My choice, if I had to, would be Lisa Rinna. 

I read on another site a poster's insight into the Brandi hatred for Eileen.  So smart and short -- In Brandi's world, Vince is Eddie and Eileen is LeeAnn.  

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 5

Here's the way I see it after reading the last few pages....thank you all for sharing your wisdom. There are three entities: Kim, Kyle & Brandi. Only one of these ladies has the emotional support of a husband, a business and financial security...Kyle. The other two...not so much. Kyle can't change the other two...but she can change herself. I believe she needs to change her modus operandi with these two. Act more detached and kill them with kindness and humor. Get the upper hand with Kim and Brandi by not participating in their drama. Yelling, crying and accusing them of wrong doing has not worked. Kyle needs to stop allowing them to turn her into an emotional wreck. A new strategy is needed IMO.

I've got my money on Kyle who hopefully will change her automatic reaction to them and come out a winner. Cause right now Kim & Brandi with so much less are successfully pushing Kyle's buttons. Disengage Kyle...disengage!

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."  Napoleon Bonaparte.   

Love that quote--from a super duper strategist who had it all before he went nutso with ego and lost it all. 

• Love 2

To me the key reason that I think Brandi should go the straight and narrow route is to not keep adding to the pile of incidents that her sons may find embarrassing, but other than that Brandi should play out her remaining 15 minutes however she wants. I think that the more critical thing is has she taken advantage of the opportunity: has she bought a house, established a credit history, accumulated a nest egg, laid the groundwork for the next chapter whether it be starting a business or some other career, snagging a rich husband, etc.

I agree. I don't know if she's invested any money or what.  Her idiotic statement about getting a six figure check and then getting a six figure car?  Hopefully that was a joke.  I know she didn't actually buy a six figure car but if that's her mentality - to spend it when you get it, well, we know where she'll be 5 years from now.

How often do you get the ear and the sympathy of a Donald Trump? Anybody else she's had business dealings with is small potatoes in comparison.  If she was smart, she would've used that connection wisely.  Do I think she did?  Nope.  She probably insulted his hair or his wife. 

• Love 4

Since I was the one bringing Lisa and her comments up regarding Brandi clamoring to be part of the cast I think the difference between a Taylor (ick) and a Brandi is Brandi was essentially a starter wife who decided she wasn't going to take getting kicked to the curb gracefully and set out to destroy the careers of her ex and his now love by becoming the central character on this show.  Taylor was more than happy to be second or third banana to Adrienne, Camille, Lisa or Kyle.  Brandi came on the show without even a steady place to live-she claims she was crashing on Jennifer's couch.  So instead of getting a job she set her sights on becoming a tell all celebrity.

The comments about how none of these women came from true aristocracy is really the prevalent on all the these shows.  I think we have Shannon Beador, Heather Dubrow and Adrienne Maloof, coming from real money and social ranking.  Some had successful or careers of note before they joined the cast (I would not include Brandi in that mix).  The rest married it - the Richards are interesting because of their Hollywood connections their mother ran with in group, so they were raised with privilege.  Lisa comments are I believe about Brandi being very desirous of reaping the financial rewards, which she certainly has, and in her desire to be the top dollar earner she is willing to hurt and besmirch the reputations of anyone she comes in contact with to secure front and center in almost every scene she is in.  The go to thing for Brandi when she says something hurtful to another is that she is just saying what the others say behind her back.  First it was Mauricio's tabloid rumors, now it is the décor in Eileen's house (Norman Bates), or Eileen's shoes (boring shoes) or Eileen's hair (it has gray in it and looks like a skunk) do I think Brandi is the meek bystander when these comments are being made? No, I think she is the one saying it and the others for fear of reprisal nod their heads half in disbelief and half in "getting the joke".  Maybe these are the conversations Brandi has with Kim.   I have listened to enough of the Brandi Podcast featuring a variety of HWs and they back off some of Brandi's assertions Brandi is making and words Brandi is trying to put in their mouth. This includes Carlton when it came to Lisa and Kyle. 

In the much quoted House of Hilton there was never any confirmation that (a) Kathy Hilton took place in any sex lessons in a van (b) never any mention that 9 year old Kim or 4 year old Kyle were forced into child molestation by their mother or taught how to give blowjobs © these allegations made during Big Kathy's lifetime or they defined any of the Richards.  I have previously linked the passage in the book and apologize by trying to bring the accurate quote has caused confusion.  I find smearing victims of child molestation, adult rape or suggesting they were victims, accusing a parent facilitating such heinous without any proof just vile and reprehensible.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 4

Since I was the one bringing Lisa and her comments up regarding Brandi clamoring to be part of the cast I think the difference between a Taylor (ick) and a Brandi is Brandi was essentially a starter wife who decided she wasn't going to take getting kicked to the curb gracefully and set out to destroy the careers of her ex and his now love by becoming the central character on this show.  Taylor was more than happy to be second or third banana to Adrienne, Camille, Lisa or Kyle.  Brandi came on the show without even a steady place to live-she claims she was crashing on Jennifer's couch.  So instead of getting a job she set her sights on becoming a tell all celebrity.

The comments about how none of these women came from true aristocracy is really the prevalent on all the these shows.  I think we have Shannon Beador, Heather Dubrow and Adrienne Maloof, coming from real money and social ranking.  Some had successful or careers of note before they joined the cast (I would not include Brandi in that mix).  The rest married it - the Richards are interesting because of their Hollywood connections their mother ran with in group, so they were raised with privilege.  Lisa comments are I believe about Brandi being very desirous of reaping the financial rewards, which she certainly has, and in her desire to be the top dollar earner she is willing to hurt and besmirch the reputations of anyone she comes in contact with to secure front and center in almost every scene she is in.  The go to thing for Brandi when she says something hurtful to another is that she is just saying what the others say behind her back.  First it was Mauricio's tabloid rumors, now it is the décor in Eileen's house (Norman Bates), or Eileen's shoes (boring shoes) or Eileen's hair (it has gray in it and looks like a skunk) do I think Brandi is the meek bystander when these comments are being made? No, I think she is the one saying it and the others for fear of reprisal nod their heads half in disbelief and half in "getting the joke".  Maybe these are the conversations Brandi has with Kim.   I have listened to enough of the Brandi Podcast featuring a variety of HWs and they back off some of Brandi's assertions Brandi is making and words Brandi is trying to put in their mouth. This includes Carlton when it came to Lisa and Kyle. 

In the much quoted House of Hilton there was never any confirmation that (a) Kathy Hilton took place in any sex lessons in a van (b) never any mention that 9 year old Kim or 4 year old Kyle were forced into child molestation by their mother or taught how to give blowjobs © these allegations made during Big Kathy's lifetime or they defined any of the Richards.  I have previously linked the passage in the book and apologize by trying to bring the accurate quote has caused confusion.  I find smearing victims of child molestation, adult rape or suggesting they were victims, accusing a parent facilitating such heinous without any proof just vile and reprehensible.

I think the level of filth that Brandi and Kim  have engaged in (and in much lighter mode possibly Lisa V. and Kyle got into) and then have to fend off in weird ways we find confusing goes way way deeper than difference in house decor or bad shoes or even marital infidelities.  I think Brandi and Kim are just sick enough at this stage to get into some very hardcore accusations against other people -- serious, damaging stuff that could land folks in court.  I wonder sometimes if this is why Kyle doesn't totally freak out the way she does.  And I do think that Brandi and Kim have bonded in their Trainspotting way over stuff like child molestation and abuse. Natch, I can't prove it -- am wildly speculating -- but I think whatever convos have taken place have been low down and dirty.  Brandi screwing around with Kim in this way just goes beyond but, again, any woman capable of saying what she did about Joanna's privates and how she found out about that is totally off her rocker and living outside the norm to such a degree that, wow, wow wow. 

I can only imagine that when the Krupa thing really blew up on WWHL with Brandi's comments and Mark Consuelos on the floor aghast, Ken and Lisa just said enough is enough.  We got to hear the stuff about how they were upset re bankruptcy and living in the Valley (LOL) and magazine gate and all that other foolishness.  WHY on earth would the VanderTodds trade their allegiance to Mohammed Hadid for Brandi or Yolanda, for that matter?  I'm not the timeline expert by any means and frequently get stuff wrong but that to me would the real reason for the Lisa V gang up organized by Brandi and Yolanda with ample back up by Kyle and Kim.  Kim just because she hates Lisa and Ken for disrespecting her and dismissing her from day one.  Lisa wasn't about to put up with that level of crazy talk and started shutting Brandi down with a vengeance.  Team Lisa.

When Camille outed Taylor at the tea party about her accusations against Russell that were meant to be kept secret she got some blow back -- not much but some as I recall.  Camille shouldn't have done that, she put Taylor in danger and yadda yadda but, truth is, that certain accusations you just don't make if you really believe them to be true to anyone but the authorities.  That's it.  If you truly believe that someone is engaged in criminal activity and you bring it to me as a gossip or hello girl let's get drunk and talk shit thing, you best beware.  I can get behind hiding pot smoking, doing some blow, having an affair and on and on but some accusations don't belong in gossip land.  They belong at the police station and in court.  Team Camille.

Brandi's sickness needs to be checked by Bravo just like Kim's.

Edited by copacabana
  • Love 4

Sorry, I misread what you meant. I agree, their friendship really grew after the reunion. I think it would with most people when someone you know, but are not tight with, comes to your defense, it tends to draw you closer. Do you think Brandi targeted Lisa in order to gain her friendship for a purpose other than friendship? I do not think Lisa did that to Brandi but that she was touched that Brandi cared enough to support her at the reunion when others chose to come at her.

No, I don't think Brandi was exclusively calculating. I think both Brandi and Lisa genuinely cared about each other. I think they both also know they in effect "won" the larger RHoBH social game with their friendship - they were both fan favorites and they gave each other strong allies going into Season 3 - Brandi had her spot on the show and Lisa had her loyal friend who would back her up. In my mind, their friendship was never all strategy or all altruistic love, but a combination of both: I think their bond started from genuine mutual fondness and then evolved to have very additional benefits for both of them. But that was my original point - Lisa loves to now paint it like Brandi was absolutely desperate to get into the group and that she (Lisa) lent her (Brandi) a merciful hand out of the goodness of her heart. It's total bullshit! Lisa really does get so much mileage out of assuming that we won't remember what we saw on our TVs.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 4

I think Kyle, under the circumstances was doing a good job of being detached at the poker party up until Kim's last word.  Kyle didn't pull Kim into the bathroom and ask her if she was drinking.  Both Kim and Brandi were being obnoxious at the table and pissing everyone off.  When Kim made the comment about the cigar case, Kyle was upset and removed herself from the situation.  I don't think it was wrong of Kyle to whisper to Kim what was wrong with her at that point.  Had she been drinking.

Kyle, obviously worried, asked Kim twice before she left did she want something to eat.  I think it was Vince who also said have a slice of pizza.  Kim said no.  Kyle didn't continue to protest.  She let it go.  It was Kim who all of sudden on the second goodby throws out "Thanks for doing it".  I was as confused as Kyle.  Thanks for doing it?  What the heck is she talking about?  Keep in mind Kyle is already worried about Kim and the meds she took plus she's angry at both her and Brandi's cheap shots at the poker table.  Kyle had been keeping her emotions in check so far.  But now Kim is giving Kyle another verbal shove to escalate everything.  Should she have ignored Kim?  Hindsight is 20/20.  What happened next no one, especially Kyle, expected.  Brandi decides to butt in and body block Kyle.  Now the focus shifts from Kim to Brandi and that's when Kyle loses it.  I don't think at that point it was so much about Kyle getting to Kim as it was about this person blocking her way.  Who the heck does Brandi think she is?  And Brandi was the first aggressor.  Blocking one's path is at the very least physical harassment and intimidation, and a form of assault.

I don't know about anyone else here but if someone was to do that to me, I don't know what I would do but I wouldn't discount pushing that person's arm to get by them.  And I'm one of the most anti violent people you'd ever want to know.  And then outside,  it was Brandi who again continued to be the aggressor.  I would have a really hard time walking away from that.  Yeah, should Kyle have been more composed?  Absolutely.  But it was like getting verbally hit by a Mack truck out of the blue.  And Brandi holding Kyle's arms.  Nope. 

I'm not going to draw any conclusions on the next episode until we see the whole thing.  But from I've seen so far it looks like Brandi is doing her physical intimidation thing.  And the comment about Mauricio.  I'd not keep my cool.  And Kyle's FU to Kim...love it.  Finally.

• Love 9

The little look between Kyle and Kim after Brandi dropped another Mo infidelity bomblet on the way out the door was telling.  I couldn't figure out if it meant that Kim saw finally that Brandi was going too far or if it was about Kyle letting Kim know that she knew Kim had shared and divulged her Mo ideas with Brandi.  Or both. 

• Love 4

Lisa really does get so much mileage out of assuming that we won't remember what we saw on our TVs.

They all do.

My neighbor watches the show casually.  Has never read forums or tabloids.  Up until very recently she thought Brandi was all that and a bag of chips.  She thinks Yolanda is the best wife/mother and that David deserves the title of King.  Lisa never has done anything wrong and never will.   

But put a whole lotta viewers like us together, and not much is missed or forgotten. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. LOL

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 5

I'd throw a parade for Theresa before ever saying a nice thing about the disgusting trash that is Brandi.

My knee jerk reaction is to agree with you but Theresa and Joe have really hurt a lot of unseen people whereas Brandi has only hurt a couple of well heeled Housewives as reprehensible as events seemed at the time. I did think her attacking Joyce was the worst thing she did and the tampon string is pretty hard to unsee. Brandi and T seem about equal in the embarrassing their kids so that's a draw. I do think there's some slut shaming with regard to Brandi that can be hard to look past but I really can't imagine all the local vendors' families the Giudices have hurt willfully and that trumps anything Brandi has done. They're all pretty bad...

• Love 5

My knee jerk reaction is to agree with you but Theresa and Joe have really hurt a lot of unseen people whereas Brandi has only hurt a couple of well heeled Housewives as reprehensible as events seemed at the time.

Joe and Teresa helped put innocent people and their children out of their homes while they lived in the marble monstrosity. Also the taxpayers are paying for Teresa's tuition at college and so far, Brandi hasn't cost any of us a dime that I'm aware of.

They're both guilty of robbing me of countless hours of my life I'll never get back, though. ;-)

• Love 8

No, I don't think Brandi was exclusively calculating. I think both Brandi and Lisa genuinely cared about each other. I think they both also know they in effect "won" the larger RHoBH social game with their friendship - they were both fan favorites and they gave each other strong allies going into Season 3 - Brandi had her spot on the show and Lisa had her loyal friend who would back her up. In my mind, their friendship was never all strategy or all altruistic love, but a combination of both: I think their bond started from genuine mutual fondness and then evolved to have very additional benefits for both of them. But that was my original point - Lisa loves to now paint it like Brandi was absolutely desperate to get into the group and that she (Lisa) lent her (Brandi) a merciful hand out of the goodness of her heart. It's total bullshit! Lisa really does get so much mileage out of assuming that we won't remember what we saw on our TVs.

Lisa is no more a revisionist about Brandi than Kyle is about Adrienne. They all tend to back peddle and they all tend to only see what the other has done/said about them but not their comments and at the very least, they minimize their own words/actions. All of them do it, Lisa, Kyle, Brandi and Yolanda and if the newbies are on next season, I have no doubts that they will do the same thing.

And Yes, IMO, Lisa was the first to allow Brandi full entry into her world and Brandi was desperate to enter into 1 of the original HWs world, it was the only way she would be able to keep her Bravo job and Lisa was the only one willing to open the door all the way. The others either kept their doors closed/locked or only open a few inches with the safety chain still in place. If only Lisa knew then what she knows now, but then again, Kyle did know then and see where she was by the end of last season. LOL 

The little look between Kyle and Kim after Brandi dropped another Mo infidelity bomblet on the way out the door was telling.  I couldn't figure out if it meant that Kim saw finally that Brandi was going too far or if it was about Kyle letting Kim know that she knew Kim had shared and divulged her Mo ideas with Brandi.  Or both. 

I think Kyle realized Kim has been "sharing" with Brandi and Kim saw that she knew! That is why their relationship is still strained/bad to this day.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4

I hope I live long enough to see some or all of this come to bite Andy Cohen in the ass one way or another.  Fix it, Jesus. 

Brandi thinks she's oh so smart, with it, and whatever but Kim Richards is the real stealth bomb here.  Kim will be the last one standing when all the rest of these sorry sorry women have been escorted off the stage in disgrace.  Turtle turtle etc etc. 

Anyway, catch The Women if you've never seen it.  The original -- Basically Norma Shearer vs Joan Crawford.  So great.  You only win when you let go and let the other stupid MoFo hit the damn wall. 

• Love 6

A million years ago Truman Capote over shared about a whole bunch of his society gal pals in a published thingie.  The most infamous incoming scud was the one he shared about the Paleys.  Bill was married to Babe Paley, super socialite of the NY stratosphere and Truman's super bestie for years.  So Truman, with his best writing days long gone and a couple of addictions killing him, shares in print that Babe had told him of coming into their bedroom, a Paley bedroom, and finding Bill's mistress' blood all over the sheets.  Not from murder but from coitus. 

That was the end of Truman in NY society.  La Cote Basque is the name of the collection.  That was the end of him -- he was shunned and basically drank and drugged himself to death. TMI long ago style.

Not that Brandi comes close to Capote in anything other than self-promotion.  The very idea that a slut pig like this can get away with calling out another fame whore's situation and odor and still maintain a job and a place on the airwaves just makes little has changed and how everything has changed. 

So, go, Joanna, with your ill-advised lawsuit and bring it on behalf of someone or other and if Andy Cohen gets called up, I would love it.  

• Love 5