Type keyword(s) to search

The GCEh?C: Canadian Episodes (Spoilers for Non-Canadians)

• Start Topic

It's like a big fat FUCK YOU to fans

LOL I don't feel that way at all. Finally the writers have a pair I can get behind.. I watch for the smutty affairs and if this breaks that idiot Jack I am all for it.

I love a good smutty affair. This is not that. That said watching those scenes with Ashley's words in mind, it makes sense. Billy is doing the most because he is addicted to the drama. Phyllis is fighting him and he needs her to want him. It is the chase. He will say and do anything. The thing is once he has it then what? 

• Love 5

It's a question of pacing as well. Smutty affairs are a soap staple. But soaps have always treated them as destructive, even when they are written as true love -- they have tentacles that reach out and out and out. And so there is fallout and repercussions and it's entertaining. To have eight months of buildup while the cheaters bond in the most boring as fuck and logic-free and history ignoring conversations is not a smutty affair. It's bad soap.

At least now they are in fairly typical soap story with the breathless conversations and "I can't destroy this family" dialogue. But to shit on years of history to sell a scene? Whatever. That's Pratt. He's a plot-obsessed hack. He's also a lover of shock and awe and explosions. But his explosions never actually cause fatalities or lasting damage because he's missing the chip that tells you actions have consequences. I see this as a bomb that he has dropped for maximum drama in the moment (i.e. sweeps). Billy has become a rambling love-sick asshole and Phyllis has suddenly lost all brain power. But Billy will be crying for Victoria in short order. And Phyllis will be declaring her undying love for Jack. Again. 

Tomorrow is another day in GC.

• Love 8

I wish this affair rose to the level of smut. Smut at least has an internal logic. Smut might make you feel a little dirty, but it's kind of a fun dirty. Watching Billy ooze oily desperation makes me feel like I was rolled in camel spit, dipped in medical waste and then garnished with a used condom. 

• Love 14

Jeez, you all noticed so much re NotremotelyBilly and his new Eau de Stank!

I noticed all that, and all the stupid-ass dialogue re the scent of a woman or some such crap. And I was kind of in a state of shock and wondering if pigs were flying by the window because I actually didn't mind Lily for the first time. Ever. She took a decent first strike against Hilary...and I do not love some Hilary, or green eggs and ham, Sam.

But then something happened... I'm afraid I was kind of frozen in time, or in nausea. I sat alone, watching, and actually spoke out loud at the TV. Routinely, I do not talk to the TV, just so you know. But, when Oldboy and Dr Oddface started talking that talk, and went in for the clinches, twice, I actually moaned "Nooooo!" Right out loud. Twice. The cats didn't notice, so at least I didn't feel too ashamed. These scenes may be the worst things I have ever seen on Show.

• Love 13

Billy has become a rambling love-sick asshole and Phyllis has suddenly lost all brain power.

And, still, it's as if the show doesn't want the audience to focus on that. It's almost like those scenes are filler. "Look at the billionth flashback of The Sex!!!! Forget the story! Aren't they hot!?!" is the message. That's still what they're selling. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

And, still, it's as if the show doesn't want the audience to focus on that. It's almost like those scenes are filler. "Look at the billionth flashback of The Sex!!!! Forget the story! Aren't they hot!?!" is the message. That's still what they're selling. 

Oh yeah, as I said elsewhere here, they worked REALLY hard on these HAWT sex scenes that are really HAWT. They did the BTS segment on HAWT sex scenes like this one on ET, and GT and JT presented as a new HAWT pair at the Emmys. All in one week.

This is Pratt's big sweeps explosion. 

It's as lame and stupid as all the others. And it will have as weak a fallout and as maddening a resolution.

The only good thing is PB will get at least one scene to react with his acting skills. Eventually. Hopefully before July sweeps but I'm not holding my breath.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, miamama said:

Oh yeah, as I said elsewhere here, they worked REALLY hard on these HAWT sex scenes that are really HAWT. They did the BTS segment on HAWT sex scenes like this one on ET, and GT and JT presented as a new HAWT pair at the Emmys. All in one week.

This is Pratt's big sweeps explosion. 

It's as lame and stupid as all the others. And it will have as weak a fallout and as maddening a resolution.

The only good thing is PB will get at least one scene to react with his acting skills. Eventually. Hopefully before July sweeps but I'm not holding my breath.

Is it weird that I'm looking forward to Billy/Phyllis explaining this to Jack?

Billy: I'm gonna marry Phyllis, Jack.

Jack: Um, we kind of have to get divorced first. Should I tell my lawyers the reason our marriage fell apart is bc  you guys are...hot?

Phyllis: Yes, you can't fight hot, Jack.

Billy: Hot, Jack. Hot.

PB: Oh, for fuck's sake.

• Love 16
(edited)

I never thought a day without Philly and a day without Babby would still be a horribly painful day to watch.  But oy.

I did like the opening shot of a martini being prepared in the foreground and then the focus changes to Drinki longingly looking at in the background.  I usually don’t watch this closely, but it is a Friday night of a frigid long weekend here, so what the hell, I may pay attention.  But don’t count on it.

Drinki was there to meet Mikey about her divorce and she said things are moving ahead quickly.  She has doubts and he tries to allay them.

Okay, the bad, and I am glad I am having a martini now…Prick and Doc KISSING!  WTF?  This is really quite offensive.  Once again, for the umpteenth time in like 30 minutes of RL show time, she pulls away and says she should not have moved in and KISSED HIM.  Yes, Doc, we all agree.  Prick says it was the most real thing that has happened to him in a long time and it felt damn good, and this so-called Doc blushed.  Blech.  There was a bunch of blah blah about how his children hurt him.  Prick said that Adam is the most vicious of his children.  And they agree to keep it on a professional level.  Right!

Dylan is at the penthouse talking to Adam and Chelz about the fact that the cops are exhuming Constance Bingham’s remains.  Adam is outraged, and he tries to convince Dylan that this is Prick setting him up.  Adam lays out a pretty good case of how Prick manipulated the Newman Board from behind prison doors to screw over Victoria, and the whole sale of B&S (which I didn’t watch, so not sure about that).  Adam makes a compelling argument that Prick is doing the same thing here, and Dylan should get an expert to examine Sage’s JOURNAL to show that it had been doctored.  It appears that Dylan is kind of in agreement with Adam and he tells him if they find nothing in CB’s body to suggest MURDER, then the whole matter will be dropped.

And now for the second bad, so much Puka and Dummer, that even my martini is not helping.  Wait a sec, while I top it up….

Puka and Dummer are in the GCAC (of course they are, because there are no other customers, ever).  He is congratulating her on her success in handling the Energy Division old boys, and she says, well, then we should be celebrating you; Puka said they just needed to be dazzled with facts, figures and projections (nb, this is painful for me to type as a person in real life business, but on the other hand, I have seen some stuff).  Dummer thanks him for providing that and Puka says he knows the biz cause of his crime family.  Suddenly Dummer realizes that sending an email from the CEO might cause Dummer to get fired!  But Dummer has seen some responses to her faux email, so she thinks she did the right thing and Puka is right there to assure her she did.  This feels like that bit where they have little kids reading things that stupid horrible grown ups say.  BTW, Puka is beyond a predator.  Ick.  Then he goes down the road of Vic being distracted by her personal life and Dummer gets her dumb back up a bit; why should this matter?  Puka says it is personal for Vic, and says she has not been rational, but Dummer says, she is.  Dummer is reconsidering blabbing to Puka, and reconsidering going behind Vic’s back to those old boy Energy Division guys, but Puka says her father would be so proud of her.  

Dummer is so upset that Drinki is divorcing Prick—haven’t they punished him enough, he is paying for what he did in prison, how can she turn her back on him like this?  Puka tells Dummer to talk to Drinki to convince her otherwise.

Drinki/Michael convo, he warns her to be sure about the divorce.  She says she loves him and always will, but Prick will never forgive her, and Dummer walks up and says, you are the love of his life.  There is a bunch of blah blah between Drinki and Dummer, where Dummer says it is okay to love him in spite of what he did to her mother and husband and best friend, cause he didn’t mean to do those things, and Drinki says, oh chile, I am so sorry about that whole peanut butter kiss.  But you truly are dummer than a sack of hammers.  But maybe not, because later, Prick tells Dummer she is the future of the company.  So all his assets will go to her, I guess.

Victoria realizes that all the screwing she has been doing made her forget her phone at cute Bartender’s place, and he finds it and sees a photo of her family.  Seriously, a CEO and a mom, doesn’t know her phone is missing.  Whoa.  Then one of the old Energy Divison boys come by to say, hey, great diplomacy and solutions, you are just like your dad, and she plays along, and tries to figure out what’s up and calls Dummer.  Puka answers Dummer’s phone and show up to meet with Vic and tells her she should not underestimate Dummer, because she is smart a direct conduit to Prick.  Why Vic doesn’t fire Dummer, I don’t know.  She actually sits there and listens to Puka’s rationalization.  There’s a lot of blah blah between them.  I would have called security.  Vic goes back to the Bar to find her phone and cute Bartender guy calls her out on being married.  She says they are divorced.

Dummer goes to visit Prick, and more creepiness ensues.  She is there to prepare him for the divorce.  She expounds on all the amazing things he has done for Drinki and all of them, and is just flabbergasted how everyone is against him.  Dummer comforts Prick.  Blech blech and blech.  He tells Dummer she is the future of this family.

Drinki goes to tell Prick about the divorce, and he is ugly and angry toward her.  I spent years digging you out of a bottle and now you insult me. Of course, he wants her to divorce him, so he can screw Prison Doc and she can get him out of jail.  Later she talks to Dummer about it and Dummer reveals that she told him first, and Drinki realizes how he played them both.  She tries to explain things, but Dummer is Dummer.  Drink says she doesn't recognize him anymore and doesn't know what he is capable of now.  Then we are back in Prison Doc's room where Prick tells her his marriage is over. 

Adam figures Puka is the guy who Prick is using to set up Adam and so he and Chelz go to confront him.  He says he knows nothing.  Too bad Adam tipped his hand to Puka.  But I did enjoy him manhandling him.  Dylan walks in and arrests Adam.

Previews:  Mariah to Sharon: I know a great way to make Dick feel better, tell him his son is alive; Dick to Dylan: after talking to Adam I was just as sure he was set up by my dad, but now I don't know what to believe; Mikey to Prick: all you have to do is admit that you set up your son, right here, right now.

Edited by bannana
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, bannana said:

Dummer is so upset that Drinki is divorcing Prick—haven’t they punished him enough, he is paying for what he did in prison, how can she turn her back on him like this?  Puka tells Dummer to talk to Drinki to convince her otherwise.in and arrests Adam.

I'm two episodes behind so I don't have much to say these days other than fuck off, Puka. Seriously, does this greasy turd have nothing better to do than stick his nose constantly into Newman business where it doesn't belong? Does he not have a kingdom or something to run in Spain instead of caring so much about some rich Midwestern family that one cares about or should even want to be a part of? God, I hate him so much. He, NotBilly and El Douche should all just jump into a volcano together and let me be happy.

Also, I keep getting a scrip error message on this stupid board and it's pissing me off I've been trying to post on this thread since yesterday night to no avail.

So many things annoying me these days, grr.

Lastly, I'm so happy Mariah let Sharon have it for keeping the Sully secret. What she is doing is wrong, and she knows it. And fuck Detective DriftWood. If he can't handle losing his "son," then maybe he needs therapy or an extended visit to Fairview. They make him sound like he's such a delicate flower who will just fall apart and never be whole again. Spare me.

Mariah should just tell Nick the truth and be done with it.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, jewel21 said:

I'm two episodes behind so I don't have much to say these days other than fuck off, Puka. Seriously, does this greasy turd have nothing better to do than stick his nose constantly into Newman business where it doesn't belong? Does he not have a kingdom or something to run in Spain instead of caring so much about some rich Midwestern family that one cares about or should even want to be a part of? God, I hate him so much. He, NotBilly and El Douche should all just jump into a volcano together and let me be happy.

Also, I keep getting a scrip error message on this stupid board and it's pissing me off I've been trying to post on this thread since yesterday night to no avail.

So many things annoying me these days, grr.

Lastly, I'm so happy Mariah let Sharon have it for keeping the Sully secret. What she is doing is wrong, and she knows it. And fuck Detective DriftWood. If he can't handle losing his "son," then maybe he needs therapy or an extended visit to Fairview. They make him sound like he's such a delicate flower who will just fall apart and never be whole again. Spare me.

Mariah should just tell Nick the truth and be done with it.

I think the issue for Mariah is that she told the truth and cost her custody of Faith, so her relationship with Sharon is on the line. But yes, she make sure the truth comes out. I still feel Dick will learn the truth and keep the secret to keep Sully away from Adam.  That the way the brother he likes gets to raise the kid.

• Love 4
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 3:33 PM, bannana said:

I think the issue for Mariah is that she told the truth and cost her custody of Faith, so her relationship with Sharon is on the line. But yes, she make sure the truth comes out. I still feel Dick will learn the truth and keep the secret to keep Sully away from Adam.  That the way the brother he likes gets to raise the kid.

I'd love it if Nick learns about Adam and then about Sully and either claims him or tells Sharon to keep him to spite Adam. The kid will be a reminder that St. Sage lied her ass off.

• Love 4

LOL  well, today is the anniversary of cassie's death and the family went to the cemetary i guess.  it was not shown, just before and after..nick mentions that cassie died 11 years ago.  when i read that i almost peed my pants.  dummer is 21 and if cassie died 11 yrs ago summer was 10 yrs old.  

i know the writers don't care for any history of this show but this is down right stupid.  i guess they have to say that tho because of camryn being back on show and she certainly isn't 35 yrs old.

• Love 7

So in today's preview Billy says to Jack "Hope you aren't having problems at home."

He's fucking taunting him after having FUCKED his wife. Are you kidding me, show???? 

Then Phyllis says: "No, the opposite. My husband and I are going on a much needed getaway." After shoving her tongue down Billy's throat yesterday.

So they are using Jack to play these jealous lover games now?

wow. That's hot. RME.

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, miamama said:

^^I don't get it either. I'm starting to wonder if Pratt isn't fucking with JFP. Like, okay you want your boy to be the star of the show...

I'm seriously so far beyond confused. I usually see this type of writing for a character when they're about to be killed or written off. 

I mean, am I overthinking this? Could it be as simple as TPTB believing that viewers will focus on Billy and Phyllis being (what they see as) "hot" and ignoring the story altogether?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, HeatLifer said:

I'm seriously so far beyond confused. I usually see this type of writing for a character when they're about to be killed or written off. 

I mean, am I overthinking this? Could it be as simple as TPTB believing that viewers will focus on Billy and Phyllis being (what they see as) "hot" and ignoring the story altogether?

I considered that -- and it may be possible -- but I don't think so. I think they want to show that the only way Billy would do this is if he was in some kind of fugue state of rage at Jack and the world. So we are supposed to see tortured, lost Billy (rather than asshole Billy which is what we are ACTUALLY seeing). I'm sure Jill will try to talk sense into him next week and he will dig his heels in and keep drinking booze and being BAD bad bad.

Pratt did this with Victor during the Marco story. He took Victor way too far. Remember when he was chuckling with glee because Jack was being assaulted on that ship of drug thugs? But a few weeks later Victor was in tears because he thought Jaggabbott was dead.

So I see a pattern with the writing.

I think Pratt is the sociopath. And a hack.

• Love 10

So we are supposed to see tortured, lost Billy (rather than asshole Billy which is what we are ACTUALLY seeing)

See, this is where they're failing. Billy is coming off as cruel and disgusting toward Jack. And then with Phyllis, he's suddenly experiencing this undying love. It's all over the place and downright wacky. I've completely missed the writers' intention. Hell, I'M lost.

• Love 6

Oh yes it's a fail. Completely. But I think the constant drinking and the angst-y looks on JT's face and the comments from others about how "reckless he gets when he's lost Victoria" are clues. The true love dialogue around Phyllis serves plot. And plot here is Phyllis and Billy have a sordid (ratings driving) affair that Pratt can drag on and on. And if Phyllis is going to hurt and betray Jack this badly she has to believe it's for something REAL.

It's having the opposite effect because it's soooo cruel to Jack. But again just straight up shit writing.

It's absolute nonsense on so many levels. Phyllis was all crazed -- and hence obsessed with revenge with Billy -- because she felt utterly violated after having sex for months with a stranger. So now she can't help but fuck her brother in law (while also having sex with her husband)? Please.

Someone thought Phyllis and Billy having an affair would be explosive and drive story for ages. They didn't think through much beyond that. They just ignored history and made up shit to make that happen.

So here we are. And who knows maybe they thought this was so hot they are going to pair up Philly for real. These hacks make stuff up as they go along so I wouldn't put it past them.

• Love 8

It’s that time of year again, time for Cassie’s memorial.  At least we get a lot of Mariah today.  And the other good news is no notBilly and no icky sexy times featuring Prick nor notBilly.

At the ranch, Sharon, who seems to be the only one who still lives there with her family (ahem), is getting ready to go the memorial.  Sharon is explaining to Faith that Dick will be pretty sad today.  And Mariah says, I know a great way to make Dick feel better, tell him his son is alive. Hah! And Sharon is all annoyed with Mariah for throwing that same old same old in her face, today of all days.  Sharon says Dylan would be destroyed, and she would lose Sully and Faith.  Sharon says it is too late to tell the truth, while Mariah says it is nearly unforgivable but the truth has to come out.  Dick is the real father and he deserves to know.

Dick goes to confront Prick, and Dick snarls at him for using his dead wife to get even with Adam.  Essentially Dick now believes Adam’s theory that Prick doctored the JOURNAL.  A bunch of blah blah about the JOURNAL and what Sage’s intentions were.

Hey, Noah’s back!  He’s hanging out with Dummer on the GCAC patio which is also the entrance to Chancellor PARK.  (I just noticed today that the sign has an arrow indicating that there is a carousel and playground; wish we could see the carousel!) Noah thanks Dummer for not bringing Puka to a family event.  She extolls his virtues and says he has a good business mind and she has been learning a lot from him, like espionage, insubordination, and sabotage.  Noah points out how naïve Dummer is about Puka and about Prick.  He reminds her of all of Prick's evil deeds against him and Dummer's mother and she says poor Gwampa, everyone has turned against him, including Drinki.  Noah is glad that Drinki is divorcing Prick.  Dummer thinks that Prick will eventually forgive everyone, and Noah says Prick is only interested in revenge.

Kevin is filling in Geek Girl about the Gabriel Bingham history.  They blah blah about food and Passkey patch and a zombie-themed escape room.  And a helicopter ride to Chicago and a pop up restaurant event.  Kevin says he is in, and she goes off to get ready.  Dylan is telling Chelz how the coroner says that Constance was being poisoned over a long period of time.  So I guess Prick didn’t dig her up and inject some poison into her corpse.  Michael and Adam show up with Adam released from prison.  Adam’s theory is that Prick is doing this as payback for the forgery of Prick’s diary and the Walter Palin murder.  While I would like to think that Prick did this, it is starting to look like Sage is the one who poisoned Constance.  But no one has mentioned that yet.

After the memorial they reconvene at the GCAC patio.  Dick has a flashback to Cassie’s death.  I too thought it was weird that they kept mentioning the 11 years thing, cause it does change the reason for the genesis of Dummer.  But Dummer didn’t share any memories of tea time with Cassie, so at least they avoided it that way.  Dick got all emotional about Sage and Christian, and Mariah and Sharon exchange looks.  More Cassie memories, and then Dick goes off in sadness, and Mariah is upset and torn.  Dylan follows Dick to talk to him.  They blah blah about Sage lying, Adam maybe being a murderer, maybe Prick being involved, and then Dick comes to the conclusion that Prick could not have altered the JOURNAL.

Prison Doc and Prick talk about Adam’s arrest and Dick’s visit, and  that Dick was there to accuse him of setting up Adam and Prick says…wait for it: That’s what my family thinks about me now, I am capable of all this evil.  HAHAHAHAHA!

Mikey points out that Prick has gotten Adam out of prison a few times, so maybe he is setting him up not to put him in prison but to have control.  Okay, maybe.  Chelz says:  No, Prick would send Adam straight to hell if he could.  Adam informs Mikey about Prick’s plan with Prison Doc and her father.

Sharon, Sully and Faith are still on the patio.  Faith says the way to make Dick happy is Sully!  Hah!  What she meant is that Dick should hold Sully.  And he does.  Faith says if Dick says Sully’s name he will recognize it.  Dick says:  Hey Sully, tell me you know who you are.  Hah!  Dylan and Sharon watch Dick with Sully and Dylan says he could never deal with losing Sully, he could not survive that.  Oh, sigh.

Mariah, Noah and Dummer are at the GCAC bar, and Dummer wants to know what is going on with Mariah who seemed more emotional than usual, and Noah defends Mariah and says just cause she didn’t know Cassie, doesn’t mean she isn’t affected.  Holy shit, of course she is affected.  This is her dead twin she never got to know!  It’s okay, Dummer actually redeems herself when Kevin comes by and says:  Why the long faces?  Hah!   Kevin says he is glad he ran into Mariah, and Dummer says:  You wouldn’t have to run into her if you split your Passkey profits with her and if you had actually treated her like the friend she always treated you, then maybe she wouldn’t have moved out.  Noah suggests he and Dummer leave Kev and Mariah alone.  Kev knows something was bothering Mariah and he tells her:  If you still want to share, lay it on me, and she kisses him.  Dummer and Noah see the kiss and cheers Mariah in the background.  Kevin wants an explanation and she apologizes.  She talks about Cassie and what a good person she was, and how they had the same favourite poem.  Kevin tries to make her feel better, and she reminds him that she pretended to be Cassie and haunted Sharon, she's not a great person.  He says she is there for Sharon now, and then she is upset, and says she just wants to sit on a couch and watch cheesy movies and eat Chinese takeout, and she ask him to do that with her.  Geek Girl shows up and Mariah realizes, of course, he is going with her again.  But then the most amazing thing happens and Kevin stands up Geek Girl to be with Mariah and support her.  GG says to Noah and Dummer, did you see what just happened, and Dummer says the second smartest thing she ever said:  I guess a new look is no match for an old friend.  WTF, writers!  Quit giving Dummer smart things to say.  It can never balance out the dumb in Dummer.

Adam is now worried that he is going to jail, because he is on parole and there is now way out, and Chelz suggests they run off tonight with Connor. Wait, what?  Haven’t we seen this scene once or twice before?

Mikey goes to see Prick, they spar a bit re their past, and re Prick framing Adam.  Prick says Adam is an ingrate.  Mikey asks him to admit that he set up Adam.  Prick rails about how his family betrayed him after everything he did for them.  He says that Adam will be the cause of his own destruction.

Previews:  Prick to Prison Doc: It’s time for me to confess and she replies, I am not going to let you do that; Reporter to Vic:  Newmans keep breaking the law, and Vic says, and you want to know in light of that why anyone would trust our family; at the GCAC, hand on hips, Billy to Jack:  There’s no trouble at home?, and Phyllis walks up and says, just the opposite, my husband and I are having a much needed getaway.

• Love 10

...Phack is having a much needed getaway at the GCAC because the budget is spent on NOTEVERBilly's ugly as sister-in-law fucking house. And from the promo it appears he also has a bedroom set.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, HeatLifer said:

IMO, yes.  I see tweets that are totally in love with the pairing for the phrase I bolded.  And yes I believe they are ignoring the story/history these characters had on the show prior to JFP/Pratt.  I don't blame JT for taking the role, but I do blame JFP for casting him in the completely wrong role.  And Pratt for writing this mess.    

• Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, coffee drinker said:

IMO, yes.  I see tweets that are totally in love with the pairing for the phrase I bolded.  And yes I believe they are ignoring the story/history these characters had on the show prior to JFP/Pratt.  I don't blame JT for taking the role, but I do blame JFP for casting him in the completely wrong role.  And Pratt for writing this mess.    

No question we're supposed to be enthralled by the hotness that is Philly. Steamy affairs are the stuff soaps have been built on. But I don't think we're supposed to "root for them." I think we're supposed to be sucked in by the juicy DRAMA and just enjoy the illicit sexuality that is being gifted us lonely little housewives. Those lines out of Phyllis's mouth in the park were so cliche hilarious. Jack is my HUSBAND and your BROTHER. Pant pant. How can WE DO THIS???? lol

The fail is not in the affair or the cliché  per se. It's in the writing for BILLY. He's just a fucking asshole (that is a pairing of two words I really really avoid and reserve only for the most heinous -- I don't even use it for Victor). But Billy is THAT. It's just OTT shit writing to give this prick swagger and heighten the drama.

As I said they may decide they lurve Philly and go with it long term but at this point they are a train wreck from which we the audience are not supposed to be able to look away. Of course we can. And we are -- based on ratings. But I think that's what the writers are aiming for.

Edited by miamama
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, bannana said:

Prison Doc and Prick talk about Adam’s arrest and Dick’s visit, and  that Dick was there to accuse him of setting up Adam and Prick says…wait for it: That’s what my family thinks about me now, I am capable of all this evil.  HAHAHAHAHA!

I almost choked to death on my water when I heard those words leave Il Turd's mouth. Haha, he is so delusional!

I know people get sick of the Cassie memorials but I've always liked them. They seem to bring out the best acting out of everyone and I just love me some angst. And it's really the only time I find Nick believable in his grief.

I'm also happy this episode was chock full of Mariah because she makes everything so much better. So much so, I barely looked away from the screen the entire episode. Also, and I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I sort of cheered when Summer called Kevin on his shitty behavior toward Mariah. Finally, the girl is making some sort of sense.

Loved Mariah kissing Kevin and Summer and Noah in the background. And most of all, I love Kevin picking Mariah and turning Swiss Miss down.

All in all, it was a decent episode. I just have no hope for tomorrow, heh.

• Love 7

I'm also happy this episode was chock full of Mariah because she makes everything so much better.

She does. I'm hoping Pratt is finally realizing that. She's had more screen time lately. Even though her role is stupid in the Sully story (i.e. keeping this asinine secret), she got to really act. I'll watch pretty much any scenes with Mariah in them. She's gold.

• Love 7
On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎20 at 2:17 PM, PatsyandEddie said:

Standing O Preverts! You're on fiyah! Hate this trashy whatever that's going on with  Philly. Turd and the doctor is simply repulsive and puke worthy. 

I could not agree more can't stand Philly and Turd and the doctor is just revolting.

• Love 8

At least Mariah has a heart but I want to see her do the right thing..we know Sharon will not do the right thing. She is so filthy. She is keeping this baby because she is such a selfish hog. MY god she makes me hurl.. she has had a baby taken from her... but she sure as shit don't care.. she is so foul..

I am so sick of the jail scenes and Victor.. enough already.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, TwistedSoul7 said:

Billy basically declared his love for Phyllis today. It was kind of funny because he actually said, "I love Jack... BUT..." 

Omg. Stop. I'm gonna have a rage blackout later.

• Love 5

Chelz wants to go on the run.  Adam agrees with her.

A reporter is asking Victoria about all the Newmans being arrested.  She tells the reporter that everything is hunky dory at Newman.  She tells the reporter to go make an appointment with her assistant.  She looks at the headlines about Adam, and then tells her assistant to cancel all her meetings and to not make the appointment with the reporter.  

Prick I guess punched another wall after Mikey left.  So Prison Doc is back, and being cutesy and personal with Pricktor.  Prick says maybe it is time for him to confess.  Prison Doc says she won’t let him do that.  Prick says it’s his last chance to show his love for his family.  HAH!  It would give Adam his life with his family, and lessen Dick’s grief.  Prick is in prison after all for 10 years.  But Prison Doc says they will find a way to get him out, and he says she is a remarkable woman.  BLECH!  They creepily flirt and he says he will follow doctor’s orders, and won’t confess.

Hey, Phyllis and Jack are in their own bedroom!  Jack is asleep and Phyllis is remembering her kiss with Billy in the PARK, when her phone rings and it is Billy!  Jack wakes up.  She says the call was just a robocall. Jack came home early to be with Phyllis.  That would be really early since it appears to be lunchtime where Billy is.

Billy is leaving her a message from Grey Gardens where he has a lunch for two with flowers and wine waiting.   He tells her that what happened in the PARK was huge for him!  Ash walks in.  She thinks the flowers etc. are for Victoria.  Billy says he and Vic are done, and Ash realizes that Billy has moved on.  She wants him to fix his relationship with Vic.  He tells her to stay out of it and she leaves.

Phyllis gets another call, and Jack answers it and Phyll is worried it is Billy but it is Ash who wants to meet her in the PARK to discuss Billy and what is going on with him.  They actually meet on the new patio beside the PARK.  How do people know if they should meet at the bench or on the patio?  Or even the carousel?  Ash tells Phyll that Billy has a new woman.  And if it is serious it could hurt his chances with Vic.  Ash asks if Phyllis knows who this new woman is.    Ash tells Phyllis that Billy had a beautiful lunch planned for this woman, and he is being secretive and protective of the mystery woman.  Ash figures Billy is on the rebound and the poor thing is going to get her heart broken.

Victoria goes to the penthouse and she says she does not think Adam is guilty.  Chelz walks in with the luggage and Vic realizes they are planning on running.  A bunch of blah blah between the three of them re staying or going.  Vic says Prick is out to destroy them and they have to stick together as a family.

At the GCAC Billy sees Jack with a room key and wonders if there is trouble at home, and Phyllis walks up and says just the opposite.  Poor Billy.  They explain they are going to have a romantic timeout.  She says to Jack she will meet him upstairs, and Billy looks nauseous.  Jack tells Billy that something has changed and they are working on their marriage, and he wants Billy to be as happy as he is.  Billy says he is sorry if his personal issues have distracted Jack.  What???  Billy walks to the bar, and Ash shows up and says she wants to talk to Jack.  Then Billy heads upstairs and walks into Phyllis and Jack’s room where she is flouncing about in a negligee waiting for Jack.  He wants her leave Jack and be with him and blah blah.

Jack tells Ash he is done talking about Billy behind his back.  Ash says she talked to Phyllis about Billy and Jack gets upset because he said Phyllis cares too much about Billy, and it has hurt his marriage.  He tells Ash that Phyllis has backed off, and Ash should too.  Ash is worried that Billy will lose the love of his life.  Hidden meanings abound.

Adam goes to the prison to see Prick to congratulate him on framing him with the JOURNAL.  Prick denies it and says how does it feel to know you are innocent and no one listens and the walls are closing in on you.  Adam tells Prick he is not innocent.  Adam wants to know why he never had a chance with Prick, right from the beginning.  Adam wonders whether Prick hates him because he is the most like him.  He is done seeking Prick’s approval, it is sucking the life out of him.  He goes to leave and Prick asks him to stay.  Prick reminds him of how he played a game with him in Kansas, and how proud he was when he graduated from Harvard.  Prick says: What’s the matter with you son; what is it between the two of us?

Chelz and Vic argue about Adam blah blah.  Vic leaves.

Phyllis begs Billy to leave, she doesn’t want to destroy her life.  Billy says he cannot live without her.  He tells her life with Jack is an illusion.  He leaves after a bunch of blah blah.  Then he joins Jack and Ash and tells Jack, don’t let me keep you , I know you have big plans upstairs.  Ewww.

Jack goes to the room and Phyllis runs to him and Jack says it is a whole new beginning for them.  Meanwhile Billy is drinking in the bar downstairs.  He bumps into Bethany (Chrishell Stause) who used to wait tables at OTB when Billy Miller used to run it.  And we learn that he sold OTB.  She tells him she had a major crush on him.  They flirt.

Vic is back at the office and reads an article that says Newman is in good hands with her at the helm.  Really?  Thanks to Dummer I guess.

Prick is back with Prison Doc again.  She wants to block his family from visiting, but he says Adam can visit because he needs Prick.  Prick says he knows beyond  a shadow of a doubt that Adam killed Constance.  He’s been keeping it a secret to protect him.  Doc says they don’t deserve him, and Prick says to her:  I don’t deserve you.  You’ve given me the courage to look forward to things, and then he smiles really creepily at her. ~Shudder~

Adam comes home and tells Chelz they are going to stay and prove that Prick is framing him.

Previews:  Devon to Lily:  Everything okay, and she responds:  I’m being blackmailed by your bitch of a wife, is that okay to you?   Hillary to Jack and Phyllis: I would never forgive myself if I didn’t give you this news right now.  Bethany (I think?) to Billy, and they are both draped in sheets at the top of the stairs, with Jill at the front door:  You live with your mother? and Jill replies, maybe you should learn something about the men you sleep with, dear.

No bannanacap tomorrow (Wednesday).  Hope to be back with one on Thursday.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, NinjaPenguins said:

This show is just giving us a giant middle finger, isn't it? While mooning us, kicking our shins, and defecating in our favorite shoes.

Well, it is just all so confusing.  It really feels like they don't know what the hell they are doing.  So much of the double entendres  in all of the dialogue around Philly.  Certainly by now both Jack and Ashley should have figured out what is going on.

And Billy entering Jack and Phyllis' room when Jack is right downstairs.  Billy was reckless before but this is just plain rude.

And Pricktor!  Now he says he knows and has known that Adam poisoned Constance?

I think we are going to find out Sage was a BSC as she seemed to be and she poisoned Constance and wrote in her journal that Adam did it in case she ever needed leverage against him.  But that doesn't really make sense either!

• Love 8

Billy just doesn't care. I am not even sure he knows what he wants. He just dislikes being told no. Phyllis is doing that now so he is chasing her until she caves and leaves Jack. I get the feelings once she does that he will be bored again and looks for his next thrill. 

• Love 5

It's so WTF. At least Neil was blind and Hevon felt guilty. What is with Phyllis? What do you want? And really show? Phick wasn't enough? We need to do this again with Phyllis?

It keeps getting more and more stupid.

I also don't get the Villy pushing from Ashley/Jack/Nick everyone. Billy was living with and engaged to Chelsea. It's not like hasn't "moved on." 

This writing. 

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, miamama said:

I also don't get the Villy pushing from Ashley/Jack/Nick everyone. Billy was living with and engaged to Chelsea. It's not like hasn't "moved on." 

Well that is a bad example because even during that relationship he was still super emo Billy over Victoria plenty. I lost track how many times Chelsea and Stitch got paranoid over them. So it is no shocked any of them will still think as much now. Also I find it telling that even now Billy has yet to say he is done with Victoria to any of them. It is always "Victoria has made it clear..." or "Victoria broke it off" or whatever. Never once has he told them, "I am over Victoria." Maybe if he said those words they would believe it. 

Does Billy not lock his doors? People walk in and out of it freely. Hell even Johnny barged in. 

I also these scenes with Billy and Phyllis are anticlimactic for an affair tale. It is no wonder they bringing in Bethany. The actress all but said in an interview her character is being used to push forward the story. I think the writers are aware there is not a lot of places they can go at the moment, so new girl to make Phyllis all jealous it is. I guess. It is super snoozefest.

I have to say I did enjoy Adam and Victoria bickering like real siblings for once. They were never admit it but I do think they care about each other deep down in their Newman souls. 

• Love 5

Right, right. I FFd a lot of that crap because Chelzzz and Orange Billy were painful to watch but he made out with Victoria didn't he at one point? And then Chelsea slept with Gabe?

So if you're right TS (and I think you are), this is still what we suspected months ago: Angst for Villy and Phack. But holy fuck it's so HORRID. And can they move it along????? Will they really drag this reveal into JULY SWEEPS??? PB should just leave a dummy in his place. He's not doing anything. 

I also these scenes with Billy and Phyllis are anticlimactic for an affair tale. It is no wonder they bringing in Bethany. The actress all but said in an interview her character is being used to push forward the story. I think the writers are aware there is not a lot of places they can go at the moment, so new girl to make Phyllis all jealous it is. I guess. It is super snoozefest.

lol. An affair that needs added spice. That is quite a statement.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, miamama said:

An affair that needs added spice. That is quite a statement.

It is true though. I was falling asleep watching their scenes. In the beginning at least they were interesting. Now I just find them boring. Their out of nowhere grand love that they can't fight. He is making romantic lunches for her and begging her to leave his brother. "We can make this work." At least Phyllis is like, "You make no fucking sense!" because he doesn't. How will this work Billy? You have lost it. All they do now is be weepy over each other. This is an affair right? It is suppose to scandalous and interesting, right? Now they need random chick to give the affair more angst because they are so dull.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, bannana said:

Adam goes to the prison to see Prick to congratulate him on framing him with the JOURNAL.  Prick denies it and says how does it feel to know you are innocent and no one listens and the walls are closing in on you.  Adam tells Prick he is not innocent.  Adam wants to know why he never had a chance with Prick, right from the beginning.  Adam wonders whether Prick hates him because he is the most like him.  He is done seeking Prick’s approval, it is sucking the life out of him.  He goes to leave and Prick asks him to stay.  Prick reminds him of how he played a game with him in Kansas, and how proud he was when he graduated from Harvard.  Prick says: What’s the matter with you son; what is it between the two of us?

I quite enjoyed this scene. Mostly Adam's delivery of "Dad, you're not innocent." I mean seriously, how bloody delusional is Victurd?

I also enjoyed Adam's scene with Victoria at the penthouse and how he told her that her admission that Adam wouldn't be capable of killing an old granny was in the top five nice things she has ever said to him, heh.

Billy is seriously delusional. You slept with your brother's wife. Your brother's wife. Your brother's wife. You should  be feeling guilty as fuck, not planning a romantic lunch and then sneaking into her hotel room and declaring your undying love for her.

How would that even work? This stupid relationship. Jack would be devastated, Ashley disgusted. They would be the town villains. The fact that Billy doesn't seem to get that, or to care, makes him just as delusional as Victor.

I look forward to seeing Jill tomorrow. That is all.

• Love 10
(edited)

Yeah, I watched (some of it). Phyllis is now officially fucking two brothers. sigh.

Billy is seriously delusional. You slept with your brother's wife. Your brother's wife. Your brother's wife. You should  be feeling guilty as fuck, not planning a romantic lunch and then sneaking into her hotel room and declaring your undying love for her.

How would that even work? This stupid relationship. Jack would be devastated, Ashley disgusted. They would be the town villains. The fact that Billy doesn't seem to get that, or to care, makes him just as delusional as Victor.

This actually makes sense. He is acting like a lunatic. That point was driven home hard today. But what is Phyllis's excuse?

Edited by miamama
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, jewel21 said:

It is them against the world remember? Only no one is against them. They will force people to loathe their asses because they trifling. 

6 minutes ago, miamama said:

But what is Phyllis's excuse?

She is actually fighting it. Ashley has her paranoid that she really is the rebound so she backed off. Billy is the aggressor.

• Love 3

She is actually fighting it. Ashley has her paranoid that she really is the rebound so she backed off. Billy is the aggressor.

I guess what I mean is why doesn't she laugh in Billy's face and tell him to stop talking to her. Why does she have an attraction to fight? Show has utterly failed to convince me why she would be soooo into this asshole who is so determined to hurt "the love of her life." He is not just some fuck. He is her brother in law. 

Anyways, we all know she will lose the fight because Bethany. 

• Love 3