Type keyword(s) to search

R&B Divas: Atlanta - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Latavia is killing me.  She knew when she signed up for this show that she would have to, you know, sing.  If she can't pull it together, she shouldn't be a Diva.

Keke looks good with the short hairdo.  And yes, she can saaaaang!

DaBrat! Love her.

Hard to believe that Musiq and the men couldn't move the crowd at the Autism benefit.  But Keke sure did.  She still crazy, though. 

Why is LaTavia there? Loved when Da Brat called out that she is not a Diva. When she is is a hanger on who is looking to be a celebrity for no apparent reason, ala so many reality stars and she picked the wrong show to just be there. I'm over her, she can go at any time. Her lack of desire to do anything sheds new light on the real reason for her being let go from Destiny's Child.

Meelah, your event was whack, that's why the audience wasn't feeling it.

• Love 1

I agree that LaTavia's refusal to sing is becoming tiresome but I understand it.  I don't think any of us know the real deal about what went down with the removal of LaTavia and LeToya from Destiny's Child.  I have my suspicions, but that's neither here nor there.  The point is that I'm sure it was scarring for her and that she hasn't been able to shake the pain of it.  We also know that no matter what she ever does, she will be compared to Beyoncé.  Even the folks who were still in Destiny's Child with Bey (Kelly and Michelle) are proclaimed constantly as being "less than Bey" and have their accomplishments pooh-poohed beside hers.  LaTavia shouldn't have joined this cast because if she continues to refuse to sing people will make fun of her for not being a "diva" and if she does, people will make fun of her for not being Beyoncé.  I think she actually has the right idea - if she still has a passion for music, she can stay in the music business and just find another route through production or what have you.

Agreed. At this point I will take Angie's daughter Diamond over Latavia.  I'm not making light of her experiences, but Divas must sing.   Meelah, although she sounded a bit rough doing those 702 songs, actually sang.  

Speaking of Meelah, I get that you want your baby daddy to help raise your son.  But there is no point in living with him when your personal relationship is over.  Is Musiq seeing anyone else?  If you are not "together", why are you... together?  I can't imagine how painful that must be.  No, occasional itch scratching is not a relationship! 

• Love 1

Yaaaass!  I was getting ready to request show, but I see someone already did!

Anyway, I really like Keke.  She's a brat and so sensitive/insecure, but it all comes from a good place and the girl's voice is stupendous!  I loved that "You" song; now I'm really considering buying that EP.

Latavia...girl, bye.  What is her purpose?  I was feeling Angie when she confronted her.  Maybe she shouldn't have done it in front of everyone, but...why not?  She keeps coming to "rehearsal" and keeps saying that she's not ready to sing.  OK.  Go away.

Syleena and Monifah talking in circles about Angie.  I could have done without that, but I am glad to see it coming to a head next week.

MY LORD, I can't stand Angie Stone.  It chaps my ass when a woman thinks she knows everything by virtue of being "older" (and I'm no nubile young thing myself, but give me a break).  I acknowledge her 8001 years of experience.  No one would argue with that.  But being more experienced in the industry does not give you the right to lecture others.  She isn't just like this with LaTavia - she's like this with everyone and each of them have fallen prey to her "help" and "education".  She feels the need to explain even the simplest things.  None of them needed her to explain to them how they should feel about being shut out of a Grammy nomination.  LaTavia didn't need Angie to explain why she needs to sing.  If they feel that LaTavia is detrimental to the process and isn't contributing - ask her to leave - don't sit there chastising her like she's an errant child and call it "encouragement".  And you know what else they don't need?  Them Negro spirituals she keeps offering as "sisterhood songs".  You don't have anybody's back, Angie, unless you're sticking a knife in it.  Ask Syleena.

• Love 2

I love the song You. Too bad it's not on the EP.

I understand Syleena not wanting the session to turn into a verbal brawl but Angie was asking what was wrong and nothing was said, which gives her the opportunity to play the victim card down the road.

LaTavia needs to LaGoia. What is her purpose? Oh I forgot, she is is trying to kickstart an acting career. Who does she think is going to hire her after this.

Yeah, that made Angie look shifty.  She should know that the other Divas would be on alert after Nikki and Faith's shenanigans.

So Ashanti and Angie have been together for 8 years?  She hinting that she wants to be married and that is usually a sign that it might not happen.

(edited)

The Divas travel to LA and gear up for the One Night Only; Angie and Syleena network their way into career making meetings with producers. Back in Atlanta, Latavia is experiencing a crisis of confidence regarding her voice.

Edited by Stardancer Supreme

I really wasn't expecting the LA R&B Divas show up, but I thought that it was super cute.  Michel'le came in there looking like she was looking for someone to murder.  I have a prime candidate: Mo's wig/weave.  My God.  Kill it.  Chante still wearing those dresses with no back and no front; her church gear.

Meelah needs to stop with trying to "re-invent" herself.  She's been gone for so long that no one would even know who she was unless she was with two other girls sining "Steelo."

I'm liking this season way more than the other ATL seasons - there's so much more singing.  I like the "drama" as much as anyone, but the draw of this is the fact that they're singers!

• Loved Monifah.  I've always loved her when she gets to sang.
  • Meelah.  Meh.  She was cool with 702 but I wouldn't get any of her stuff.
  • Syleena...no.  The outfit, the voice, everything.  I really like her and I love her singing the hook on "All Falls Down" but...no.  She brought the house down, apparently.
  • Keke's a beast, as usual.  That wig needs to go.  I like Meelah and LaTavia's blonde much better.
  • Speaking of LaTavia...keep up with those voice lessons because she sounded like me!  At least she finally did something.
(edited)

Hopefully LaTavia is gone next year because she is not a Diva. She is a middling back-up,singer at best. Check out Meelah's post of L singing to know that mess you heard with the divas was no fluke. She should just thank her stars that she got a taste of fame and Grammys with DC, cause she could never do it on her own.

Love Monifah and KeKe. Truth be told, I don't think Mo's releases from back in the day highlighted how good she really is. KeKe is nothing but the vocal truth. That's all that needs to be said.

Say what you want about Angie (and I have) but for being about sixty, she can turn it out better than women half her age.

Meelah's voice does nothing for me. I don't think she is a strong enough singer to be the powerhouse she sees herself as being. Also agree about the reinventing comments, what are you reinventing when most people either never knew or have forgotten who you are?

Wanted to add I bought Keke's EP and it is fabulous. I truly hope she gets the success she deserves based on her voice. If she works on the cray-cray, she could be a mega star.

Edited by Happytobehere

Mo, Syleena and KeKe tore the place down. The others were forgettable to me. Except LaTavia...who was memorable in a bad way. Lol. I really hoped she would sound decent. The other lady kicked out of Destinys Child has had a few r&b hits and some acting roles, I hoped this would be LaTavia's chance to show what she can do. Instead she has been stubborn with no work ethic and bad vocals. I don't even know why she signed up for this, she shouldn't need the money she's still getting royalties from The Writings On The Wall.

(edited)

Yes Kookoo can sing the roof off any venue she's in, but why oh WHY must we go through the constant damn drama of "I don't wanna sing"

Bitch can you knock it off and sang for the gods!!

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 1

I've been on the Keke train this season, but Keke was in the wrong on this.

As for Ashanti, it is clear that he iis not in love with Angie. He may love her, but he is not in love with her and it is clear that he does not want to be married to her. Angie needs to see this and find someone who truly loves her and is not in it for any other reason.

Loved the ceremony. Monifah and Therez looked so happy.

Keke singing is a thing of beauty.

• Love 1

Ooookkkay.

I'm going to need some clarification on why Latavia is on this show. This is the second time she's made it clear her "voice" needs the assistance of every piece of trickery used in the studio.

No way should she be on a stage with Angie or Keke. Or any of the ladies actually.

They should have kept Sylecia out of the whole season.  Her experience is still too raw.   That show made Syleena look a little bad; "Yeah, your baby died. But what about my career?"

I guess this was a more successful season if the only drama to be had was Keke's shenanigans, Latavia's non-singing, and Angie being strung along by her Maaan-ager.  Girl, it's been 8 years! Surely you know that man ain't really feeling you like that.  She needs to get him out of her house.  If he's so good at managing her career, fine. But find someone else if you want to get married.

At what point is someone going to pop Wendy in the mouth?  I'm sure Wendy "had" to ask Meelah whether she'd slept with Faith's husband, but once the woman has answered the question, move on.  It's "word on the street", huh?  Well, word on the street is that your husband has an issue with wayward private parts himself, Wendy.  Maybe you should look to that situation.

I don't trust a thing that comes out of Angie's mouth.  She is supremely shady and strikes me as underhanded.

• Love 2
(edited)

Angie revealed herself to be a shady liar to me WAY back on Celebrity Fit Club. She would lie about smoking, lie about cheating the diet, lie about exercising. She just likes to lie.

I'm Team Syleena on TourGate. Angie and Maanager would definitely make moves to cut anybody out of some money. And then of course lie when called on it.

And Keke needs to stop acting all indignant when folks called her crazy. Funky Dineva is dead on when he calls her KooKoo. I'm sure she could have gone way further in her career is she wasnt a nut job.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 4
(edited)

First off, what was going on with Wendy Williams's face. I was wondering if she went on vacation, wore shades, and got discoloration marks that they were trying to coverup.

Please, Please, Please get LaTavia off of this show. She has no business being on stage with these ladies and she is making herself look the fool. How long is she going to play the "I had no intention of singing and told the show runners so" nonsense. Nobody's buying it and the intro that has you with mic in hand does not help your cause. It's looking more and more like she is a mediocre singer and was dropped from Destiny's Child because didn't have the pipes to keep up with the rest of the girl's in the group. In addition, she looks to have next to no work effort; something that appears to be in direct opposition to Beyonce and Kelly. I say replace her with someone like Monica who live in Atlanta.

Wonder why only some of the ladies were asked to sing the intro.

I doubt Meelah slept with Faith's husband, as one of the show's producers, I doubt Faith would have her there.

Angie is such a sneaky, underhanded, bold-faced, manipulative liar. I believe everything Syleena and Syleecia say and absolutely nothing of what Angie and her "Maaanager" say. As for their relationship, somehow, the fact that he was her man first and she had to employ him makes their union worse. What was his background, or is it merely a younger man preying upon a needy older woman. At this point, it looks like Angie has slipped right into Nicci's role as monster on the show.

I like the little I heard of Syleena and Monifah's forthcoming CDs. I already bough Keke's EP, which I love. Not feeling Meelah's voice, so I will not be checking for her CD.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 2

I have my problems with Wendy, but I love her on these reunion shows.  She asks and comments on all the things that we think while watching the show.

I would have come across the carpet on Wendy several times. Digging in on rumors of Meelah having an affair was uncomfortable enough to watch, but then she straight lied on KeKe about some radio interview of her saying the drama is staged. No where in that interview did KeKe say anything close to that. Wendy was just being messy and I'm pissed that none of the cast called Wendy out on that shit - they let Wendy flip the allegation from "KeKe said the drama was staged" to "KeKe said she never cussed" and didn't make Wendy prove her original lie. 

Don't know how I missed this episode.

Monifah looked amazing in her dress and I ain't ashamed to say I cried. Tarez also looked amazing. I really believe they were surrounding by love.

I didnt see Monifah's daughter though. Was anything said about her absence? I know she was against the lesbian union but I thought she would be there to support her mother's happiness.

(edited)

As we reflect on Angies's stank attitude....and then some

Do you believe Angie's tale of the European tour? I think that she threw Ashanti under the bus. That's why he was pissed at her. She did sound stupid shutting down Syleena and Sylecia every time they tried to talk, as she double talked trying to explain her shadiness.

I'm not buying it for one second. I used to love Angie, but there is a reason that her daughter feels hurt, her man is not marrying her, and her entitled actions on the Celebrity fit Club. She was caught in her shadiness, and instead of owning up to it and apologizing she is trying to redirect the guilt at Syleena the victim.

Then why did she get up in a huff when they were talking about the Grammy's? Because it's something that had nothing to do with her and she always has to have the limelight? She takes Diva to a whole new level...of ugly.

Methinks there is more than meets the eye in this show.

Sorry this is episode 12. My bad.

Edited by Spiderella2
  • Love 1

I saw a rumor on another site that angie and ashanti broke up because he had an affair with a staff member of the show. Which may explain why she flipped on then question about her personal life because maybe she felt the side piece leaked that. Because her statement that shows assume they need 2 rooms because they dont tell everyone they're together is bull because this show definitely knows they're together.

• Love 1
(edited)

I saw a rumor on another site that angie and ashanti broke up because he had an affair with a staff member of the show. Which may explain why she flipped on then question about her personal life because maybe she felt the side piece leaked that. Because her statement that shows assume they need 2 rooms because they dont tell everyone they're together is bull because this show definitely knows they're together.

I could see that being true. She seemed very defensive about her relationship. Plus Ashanti is much younger than her and has never seemed romantic toward her to me. There was some iciness on Angie's part, she was not affectionate toward him all night. If a staff member is involved and the crew member was on set that day ...well it's understandable why she was so sensitive. But for her to quit the show? That's extreme.

Initially I thought her reaction seemed very over dramatic for the questions that Wendy asked her. Makes sense if there is another woman, esp with her comment about 'games' and being so upset. She couldn't break the fourth wall without violating her contract, or putting her business out there. Where there is smoke, there is a fire. Soon we will hear that they are broken up for real.

I know it's not nice to say but karma can be a bee. Angie played shady games with Syleena &Sylecia, so if this rumor is true, she got played. The balance is restored in the Universe.

Edited by Spiderella2

I figured something was up because Ashanti was all kinds of "nope" with Angie.  it's probably for the best.  You really shouldn't mix business with relationships anyway. 

Latavia's "definite possibility" of being on the next season of Divas ATL...  Please don't ask her back. Give us Divas who will sing!

• Love 1

Dear Show-runners,

Please do not feel the need to ask LaTavia back. I am so over her, and I doubt I am the only one.

Something is really going on with Angie. I think it is clear that not only is Ashanti not in love with her, but that perhaps there is no longer a relationship. I feel bad if Ashanti cheated on her, especially with someone from the show. I agree she probably thinks whoever that person is is spilling or on the verge of spilling, so she I s trying to deflect. Having said that, I still think Angie is uber shady. The only concession I will give her is that if she was to perform an hour a night and Syleena was only going to perform thirty minutes per night ( as I caught being said upon rewatch from Part I and which Syleena and Syleecia did not refute), there is no way Syleena should have gotten half of the money.

Still loving KeKe and Monifah. Wonder if Syleena is right that Nicci is using a KeKe to get the scoop on the show. If she is right, she should have put if differently because that was a straight diss to and insult of KeKe. Either way, I hope they both return to the show.

I am with Wendy. Faith knew exactly what she was doing with that cd, she was just using the show and the girls to get free publicity for her venture.

I would have come across the carpet on Wendy several times. Digging in on rumors of Meelah having an affair was uncomfortable enough to watch, but then she straight lied on KeKe about some radio interview of her saying the drama is staged.

I can't stand Wendy Williams.  She's a "kick a man when he's down" type of person.  I can't get with that.  I know she says that's her job, but I'm not a person that likes to see people hurting over things you say about and to them. That's why I don't watch her show.  She goes in hard on people that aren't there to defend themselves.  I was secretly praying that Angie would go over and just slap the piss out of her even though I'm not a huge Angie fan.  The only person I was enjoying Wendy's shade on was Latavia.  If the bitch don't sing, get off the damn show. 

Far be it for me to poo poo on someone's Grammy nomination (it's not like I have one), but that's what I'm about to do.  Syleena mentioned that one too many times during this season, the straw breaking the camel's back (for me) on this episode.  I'ma need her to calm down on that one.  Yes, her part was important (because that's what you sing), but that song was so powerful (still is) that it would have been nominated no matter who was singing the hook.  And then you add on the fact that Syleena only got on the track because he couldn't get clearance to use Lauryn Hill's original vocals and it's like...c'mon.  She was the one that was able to best imitate the person he really wanted to sing and she won't shut up about that Grammy nom.

• Love 2

I hope not!  Syleena is by far my favorite Diva, so maybe the producers can build a good cast around her.  Keke may feel like she no longer needs R&BDATL, but I probably won't watch a show with her popping out more babies and acting crazy.   

Divas with yooge egos need not apply!

I hope not!  Syleena is by far my favorite Diva, so maybe the producers can build a good cast around her.  Keke may feel like she no longer needs R&BDATL, but I probably won't watch a show with her popping out more babies and acting crazy.   

Divas with yooge egos need not apply!

Rumor is the KeKe is in fact pregnant again.